Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#661 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-29-2012, 12:29 PM
Gouyoku no Greed Gouyoku no Greed is a male United States Gouyoku no Greed is offline
Steam ID: kyuubi325
View Posts: 1,198
Re: Harry Potter RP

Matt trepidaciously stepped on his broom and kicked off. Rocketing into the air once again, he frantically pulled back and slowed down to next to a crawl. Relieved, he pushed the broom to go a little further, and instantly rocketed forward again. This continued for the duration of the test, and he only managed to pass through two of the rings. At the end, he lost control and sped towards the ground, where he fell off and wound up on the ground in front of Madam Hooch with a mouthful of sod.

"Sho...'ow I 'oo?"

Whispering in My Ear|Ivellios Nailo
  #662 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-29-2012, 04:20 PM
I'm not sorry
Send a message via AIM to Ruki Send a message via Skype™ to Ruki
Steam ID: lunarhero

View Posts: 10,666

Lori was covering her eyes and wincing appropriately during Matt's whole flying attempt. It was horrendous. He would slow his broom to a crawl then rocket off. He only managed to pass through two of the rings. Finally he was granted some act of mercy and lost control of his broom, and landed in front of Madam Hooch with his mouth full of dirt.

"Sho...'ow I 'oo?"

Madam Hooch gave him a critical eye before jotting something down on her notes.

"You're going to need to come back this weekend for the remedial flying class," she told him. Lori hoped a weekend was going to be enough to teach the boy how to fly. Madam Hooch finished jotting her notes down before she looked up again.

"Next!" She called out, and Lori smiled when she noticed it was Cassandra. She hoped she got things worked out with her broom. "Name?"

"Cassandra Pallas," Cassandra said seriously as she gave her broom the stink eye.

"Well then Pallas, begin."

Cassandra's attempt was just as bad as Matt's. Unlike Matt who at least tried to slow down the broom, Cassandra looked like she felt that was a waste of time and instead tried to control the broom while it was rocketing about. At least she she got through the first ring and the fifth one before she was thrown off her broom in mid air.

She would have hit the ground hard if Madam Hooch didn't catch her with her magic.

"I know," Cassandra grumbled as she was levitated toward the ground. "Remedial flying lessons this weekend."

Jack Brant and Joker drawn by Chibi
Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
  #663 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-29-2012, 04:49 PM
Gouyoku no Greed Gouyoku no Greed is a male United States Gouyoku no Greed is offline

OoC: Matt and Cassandra: best remedial flying buddies 4 life!! XD

1 person liked this post: Ruki
  #664 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-30-2012, 01:39 PM
Kevyn Miller
Send a message via AIM to Sam Nornal Send a message via Skype™ to Sam Nornal
Steam ID: sam.nornal 3DS ID: Sam.Nornal
View Posts: 2,547

Albert looked warily at the floating rings, and at the broom in his hand. He'd flown before, once...well, stolen his dad's broom in the middle of the night, but he had flown it! He might have only lasted a second or so, but he was eight, and...

He didn't like thinking about that. Besides, he had his luck charm now. Nothing was going to happen now. Slowly rising up off the ground, Albert began going through the large hoops at a lesiurely pace. After almost seven minutes of flying, he came to a slow stop in front of Madam Hooch. After jotting down some notes, she nodded. "Good job, Mr. Evanson, but you'll need to work on that speed."

Relieved, Albert climbed off the broom and walked towards the others. At least he'd passed.
[10/22/2013 7:23:29 PM]Shrub: also, Sam, why don't you have a sig?
[10/22/2013 7:24:12 PM] Shrub: I only complain because I'm lazy

Adventure of Hogwarts RP
My BA Characters
  #665 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-30-2012, 09:10 PM
I'm not sorry

Madam Hooch looked like she was going to cry by the end of class. Only 15 percent of the students were able to get through all of the hoops, leaving the rest of the class to attend remedial flying lessons. How she was going to handle all the students and have them competent fliers (or able enough to get through all the rings successfully) was beyond Lori.

But that didn't matter right now.

All of the Hufflepuff and Gryffindor students were in a dead sprint towards Transfiguration class. It was certainly a sight to see. A mix of small children boasting yellow, black, red and gold with grass stained robes and covered in dirt sprinting up the staircases with an almost maniacal look on their faces.

"Time!" One student hollered as the mass of students made a sharp left turn.

"Three minutes!"

"RUN FASTER!" The advice was unneeded as everyone automatically double timed when they realized how late they were actually running.

"There it is!" yelled somebody from the front of the group and the class stampeded in the door with the last student making it in the threshold as the bell rang. Panting heavily, Lori looked around. She didn't see the teacher anywhere.

Thank god, they weren't the only ones running late.

Except...

"KITTY!" She squealed as she rushed to the front of the room and began to pet the the silver tabby cat. The cat gave her an annoyed glance and jumped down from the desk where it was perched and changed into a black-haired witch in emerald green robes.

The room was deathly quiet as the witch, who Lori could only assume was the professor, gave Lori a stern glare.

"You have very soft fur ma'am," Lori said finally, breaking the awkward silence.

"Thank you," the witch said. "Now sit down."

There was a mass rush to the seats as students hurriedly grabbed the first chair in their vicinity.

"I am Prof. McGonagall, and this is Transfiguration," pausing for a moment, Prof. McGonagall looked around the students in the classroom before continuing. "Transfiguration is some of the most complex and dangerous magic you will learn at Hogwarts. Anyone messing around in my class will leave and not come back. You have been warned."

Lori felt a shiver run up her spine. This was going to be a hell class. She just knew it.

Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
Last Edited by Ruki; 01-30-2012 at 09:10 PM. Reason:
2 people liked this post: Fluttershy, Sam Nornal
  #666 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-31-2012, 09:54 PM

Matt sat in the library, searching through dusty tomes for a clue as to what language incantations are said in. If I can possibly figure that language out, I'm sure I could learn what makes those incantations work...If I can do that...who knows what I could do?

Suddenly, he noticed what time it was. Charms was starting. He bookmarked his page in an encyclopedia of languages on the "Latin" page and hurried off to class.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

When Matt arrived at Charms, Professor Flitwick was standing in front of the class with a feather hovering over his desk. In his high-pitched voice, he squeaked, "Today, class, we will be using the Wingardium Leviosa spell to make a feather levitate. Now, in front of each of your desks, you should find a feather. Remember, swish and flick. Wingardium Leviosa. You can begin."

Bored, without looking, Matt unconsciously did the swish and flick and said, "Wingardium Leviosa." His feather floated right up into the air, and followed wherever he pointed his wand. Suddenly getting a devious idea, he discreetly made his feather float over the class over to where Audrey was sitting and made it lightly brush the back of her neck.

#667 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-31-2012, 10:29 PM
Drurrp
View Posts: 672

Feeling the tingling sensation at the back of her neck, Audrey jumps and turns to see the floating feather. She checks to make sure no one else is paying attention before placing her wand right against it and releasing a small flurry of sparks. The feather catches on fire while it continues to float. Audrey blows at the end of her wand like it was a loaded pistol and turns back around. She holds up her feather to reveal it had the same fate.
  #668 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-31-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm not sorry

"I can't believe you petted the teacher," Cassandra hissed to Lori as the two were in the library, finishing the stories for their first issue for the school's newspaper. Much to Cassandra's surprise, Lori's story was incredibly well written and Cassandra was quite honestly floored. She didn't know wizards knew proper grammar. She didn't know Lori knew proper grammar.

"Well, how was I supposed to know it was our teacher?" Lori shot back. "I mean it could have been somebody's pet who escaped and just so happened to be sitting on the teacher's desk." Pausing for a moment, Lori continued a much unwanted train of thought. "Do you ever think that some student's cat got freaky with Mrs. Norris?"

A look of pure horror crossed Cassandra's face.

"Lori!" Ignoring Cassandra, Lori continued.

"Or what if Prof. McGonagall ever tried it with Mrs. Norris? You know, to experiment?" Cassandra's face turned a brilliant shade of red as she used the text book she was currently reading to knock out Lori.

BA Characters
  #669 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-31-2012, 11:39 PM

Matt found it hard not to laugh when he saw Audrey jump from his feathered shenanigans, and actually found it harder to keep silent after she lit it on fire. He was rather relaxed about Charms after all; he already knew everything this class could teach and more, so he wasn't exactly invested in working hard. Why not screw around? Better than wasting time practicing something he already knew. So, after he managed to choke down his laughter, Matt began to amuse himself by drawing a foxhead in the air with fiery lines and surrounding it in an iridescent blue flame, which cloaked the ethereal fox like a coat of blue fur. He wondered to himself how long it would take Flitwick to figure out what exactly he was doing.

#670 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2012, 12:01 AM
Drurrp

"That will be all for today, class." Prof. Flitwick squeaked. "You all did very well. Next class we will be practicing the lacarnum inflamarae spell, so please be prepared with non-flammable clothing."

He saw the remnants of Matt's doodles floating in the air. "Very nice, though this isn't art class. While in my class I expect you to follow along; if you feel confident in your charms then please help your less advanced peers."

He motioned to Audrey who was trying to sneak out with the remnants of her chard feather. "You, miss. I would like a word with you before you leave."

Audrey walked back with her eyes cast down. "Yes professor?"

"I've noticed you hiding in the background. Though this is only the second class we've had together, I feel you are having some - er - trouble with the material." His eyes focused on the feather sticking out of Audrey's hand. Prof. Flitwick turns to Matt again, "Since you have a good understanding, perhaps you can help this young lady."

Audrey bit at her lip. She would rather hide her lack of talent behind her slacking than parade it in front of people.
  #671 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2012, 12:06 AM

Feeling ashamed from being chastised by the professor, Matt complied easily.

"Uh...yeah. Sure. And...sorry about those doodles, Professor. I didn't really know what else to do."

Turning to Audrey, Matt got right to business. "So, what exactly are you having trouble with? Here, this might be quicker...just show me how you try the spell."

#672 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2012, 12:08 AM
Kevyn Miller

Albert could only stare at the feather sitting on his desk, absolutely refusing to move. The class had technically ended, but Albert could only glare at the stubborn feather and make exaspherated noises.

Why.

Was.

This.

Not.

WORKING?!?

Groaning, Albert slammed his head into the desk. Charms was stupid, and he hated it.

Adventure of Hogwarts RP
My BA Characters
3 people liked this post: Fluttershy, Gouyoku no Greed, Ruki
  #673 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2012, 12:13 AM

Matt heard Al's head slam against his desk in frustration, and turned to see his feather hadn't moved an inch since class began.

"Oi, mate, come on over here. Bring your feather, too. I'll do what I can to help you guys, OK? Alright, now let's see it. Swish and flick."

#674 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2012, 12:13 AM
Too many waifus will destroy your laifu

View Posts: 6,217

Shaun didn't have another class til midnight, so he wentto the library and found a book of basic charms. He pulled out a spare quill, pointed his wand at it and muttered"Lacarnum Inflamarae."

The quill slowly began to smolder, then burst into flames. He couldn't help but grin.

Shaun turned to the next chapter in the book and looked up the next basic spell.

Charms was fantastic. He loved it.
  #675 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2012, 12:14 AM
I'm not sorry

ooc: Fluttershy, you had Transfiguration with me! D: You didn't even say anything when I petted the teacher.

BA Characters
Last Edited by Ruki; 02-01-2012 at 12:15 AM. Reason:
  #676 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Drurrp

Audrey's face grew bright red and she shook her head. "It's nice of you to try to help, but form is not the issue." She clutched her books closer to her chest and let out a nervous chuckle. "I'm a witch who can't do magic."
  #677 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2012, 12:18 AM

Matt gave Audrey a strange look. What is she talking about? I saw those sparks...

"So...you're saying you're a...*ahem*...a Squib? But I saw you make those sparks! There's got to be something I can do to help. What good is being good at Charms at Hogwarts if I can't help people?"

#678 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2012, 12:21 AM
Kevyn Miller

Albert stared at the intricate wood paneling of the desk. The grooves and details of the wood stood out at this distance, and he wondered where it had come from. Had they made the desk from trees in the Forbidden Forest? Was this African wood?

Albert could barely notice Flitwick poking him and asking him if he was leaving. He didn't want to look up and see the feather. The stupid, mocking feather.

Eventually, he stood up and quickly walked away from the desk. "Sorry, Matt, but I've got to head to the library. Research and stuff. Bye!"

When is Charms next? I need to fake sick.

Adventure of Hogwarts RP
My BA Characters
  #679 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2012, 12:22 AM
Too many waifus will destroy your laifu

View Posts: 6,217

Shaun looked around the library and spotted Cassandra and Lori. Shaun picked up his book and singed quill and approached the two.

Shaun snickered. "Hello Lori! Was McGonagall's fur really that soft?"
  #680 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2012, 12:23 AM

Matt was flabbergasted. Why is nobody letting me help them? What, did I kill someone and I just didn't bloody notice? I'm trying to be HELPFUL for Flamel's sake!

Tags
empire of the pony, o pony where art thou