Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#41 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-31-2011, 05:49 PM
Kevyn Miller
Send a message via AIM to Sam Nornal Send a message via Skype™ to Sam Nornal
Steam ID: sam.nornal 3DS ID: Sam.Nornal
View Posts: 2,404
Re: Beyond the Ashes: Chapter Two -- Heading South

4:00 P.M, Southern Swamp, The First Day
(OoC: Decided that a Time Stamp would help. The First Day is because it's the first day of the adventure.)

Zerrin sat in silence in the damp cavern. Kia, Alina, and Tyra were all holed up inside the cave. An older man sat in silence in the corner. Zerrin wasn't actually sure that he was still alive. He hadn't moved at all the entire time they had sat there, and it had been about an hour. The rain, purple and foul smelling, would fall for small bits and then stop only to start up just before they left. The cave entrance was angled so that none of it got in but the stench went in from time to time.

Zerrin looked at his hand to find the patch of dark skin had now grown . It looked like a tatoo, some sort of glyph. He could feel Alina looking at him and he quickly pulled up his sleeve to cover it. He could feel the same urge to cast another fire spell, but something was holding him back. He hadn't noticed it until now, but about the time Alina had pulled him up he had felt it.
Every time he had felt that magical surge through him, those drums had started up, very quite and almost unoticeable. Whatever was causing all this had tricked him into casting those spells and he was sure the growing blackness on his hand had something to do with it.

And now he was starting to guess why Alina seemed to stop his attacks. He hadn't remembered before now, but he had heard that Zora Priestesses could see glimpses of the future gifted by Nayru. If Alina was somehow connected to the Goddess of Wisdom, that could explain why she was stopping the attacks. He had been found as an infant under the a group of stars called the Sign of Nayru. But what did she have to do with all this?

All this thinking was hurting his head and the rain was stopping. He turned around to inform the others they were heading off when he noticed that the Old Man had vanished. He put his hand on his sword. Whoever that had been, he had managed to sneak out of the cave opening mere feet from him without making a noise. He motioned for everyone to follow and walked out of the cave entrance.

The water, once murky, was now tinged purple and smelled noxious. He started walking down. His burns were everywhere but didn't seem that bad. However, that water had not done them good and they looked infected. Whoever Kotake was, he hoped she was good with healing potions.

(OoC: Something really big is coming up at Kotake's, that will make all this Zerrin stuff make a bit more sense.)
[10/22/2013 7:23:29 PM]Shrub: also, Sam, why don't you have a sig?
[10/22/2013 7:24:12 PM] Shrub: I only complain because I'm lazy

My BA Characters
  #42 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Bard of Time
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/DirkStrider
View Posts: 4,552

3:30 P.M., Southern Swamp, The First Day

“I don’t think we have enough time for that...” Markus replied to Seymour. “Karick’s getting a lot worse, and it looks like it’s going to rain... No doubt what fills the lake right now.”

“We need to get Karick help before we do anything else.” Verrix said, which was generally agreed upon.

“Wait...” Markus started. “Isn’t there a potion shop near here?”

“There is.” Verrix said simply. “We could get to it easily enough.” As he finished, thunder clapped and rain began to fall. The small group ran for cover under the canopy of the rental building.

“We can’t wait any longer.” Markus said, looking towards Karick. “As much as I hate to say it... We’ll have to go through the rain.” Before anyone had a chance to tell him how insane his plan was, he was already stripping off his jacket and putting it onto Karick. He then hefted Karick onto his shoulders. “Hang on...” He said, gritting his teeth. “Verrix, are you going to be able to follow okay?”

“Just fine,” He said, tightening his own cloak, “but... Markus, are you sure this is a good idea...?”

“No. In fact it may be the single worst idea I’ve ever had.” With that, he jumped straight out the door and off the platform. The rain stung at his bare arms and vertigo clutched his stomach, but he was nearly too desperate to notice. He hit the ground, saw Verrix behind him, and took off in the other direction.

He leapt from the ground to a lily pad, which had become much more clustered, and kept hopping from there. His arms and face were beginning to numb, but he couldn’t go back now. Verrix was able to use the shadows to follow Markus across, and Karick was kept dry by the coat. The opposite shore was finally in sight, and with one last leap of strength, Markus was able to dive onto the platform and under the shop, gaining shelter.

He collapsed, panting, trying not to clutch his arms. Things like this always tend to get worse if you touch them... He found himself thinking. Verrix and Karick lay on either side of him, the former as exhausted as him, the latter as bad as he had been before. Markus reached for his coat, but left it by his side, not wanting to irritate his skin.

He gazed out into the storm, which wasn’t particularly heavy but carried with it a thick mist. He could hardly see out into the distance, but for a moment, he could have sworn he saw a lone figure, clad in red, slumped under a thick tree. But the mist obscured him after a moment.

OoC: Here's my excuse to go to the potion shop. I think it works well enough.
Last Edited by Electricut; 02-01-2011 at 08:27 PM. Reason:
  #43 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Demo
Send a message via Skype™ to Demorid
Steam ID: Nathonan
View Posts: 486

3:35P.M. , Southern Swamp, First Day

Verix sat and huddled, his cloak was so damp from the rain it began seeping through. His body burned. "ugh" he blurted "At least were at the potion shop" he stated. Verix brought himself up and lent a hand to Markus. Markus grabbed karrick once again and ran to the potion shop.

"where does rain like this come from!?" he yelled. Verrix climbed the ladder, he reached down and grabbed karrick from Markus who proceded to climb the ladder. Verrix opened the door and walked in side. He took karrick out of his bundle and placed him on a nearby table.

Verrix walked up to the counter. The Woman who ran the place was asleep. He rang a bell on the counter and she woke up. " Oh, a costomer" she said. "What is it you need. "I need something to heal my er... friend."He replied. "He's over there" Verrix pointed toward the table he had placed karrick on. "Well, lets see what's wrong with him" the hag replied. The rain had stopped but Verrix's burns were still fresh.
Last Edited by Demorid; 02-02-2011 at 08:25 PM. Reason:
  #44 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-07-2011, 12:10 AM
Ameera Mae Laramie Ameera Mae Laramie is a female United States Ameera Mae Laramie is offline
Rainbow Sheikah
Send a message via AIM to Ameera Mae Laramie
View Posts: 1,917

4:05 PM --Southern Swamp, First Day

Kia didn’t know what was worse, having to limp her way behind Alina, Zerrin, and Tyra, or the smell of the rain. Rain wasn’t supposed to smell like that, nor was a swamp supposed to be that disgusting -- okay, so maybe she didn’t know the first thing about swamps. But she DID know that the rain wasn’t supposed to be that color, either.

If this was going to be the pace for the rest of the journey, she didn’t know how she was going to survive this. Unlike her pranks back home, Kia at least knew her surroundings and the people well enough to not do anything dangerous to hurt anyone in the process. Out here she knew next to nothing, useless and getting herself hurt well before they had even gotten to where they were supposed to be.

“So, what’s this Kotake like anyways?” Kia asked Alina as soon as the Sheikah sped up to catch up with them. They were coming up onto a small hut of some sorts, suspended up in the air by wooden poles and overlooking a small moat. There was a ladder leading up to the platform above, Kia groaning as the others lightly treaded over the water.

“She’ll help those that need help, especially if someone helps her in return,” was all that the Zora said as Tyra was the first to go up the ladder, Zerrin hesitated but with a looking coming from Kia and Alina, he followed the pirate up the ladder. “Up you go, don’t want you to fall.”

“Thanks,” Kia muttered, beginning the climb up the ladder. She went as fast as she could, her ankle and leg not really hurting all that much -- at least she didn’t want them to think she was weaker then she already was.

Tyra and Zerrin disappeared over the top, Kia following them with Alina right behind. When they got up to the upper platform, all four took note that the door was open already and familiar voices were speaking inside. Kia laughed, as Alina strode to the door and opened it, revealing an old hag hovering over Karick while the rest of the group watched.

“Ah, Alina. It’s been a while since I’ve seen you,” the old woman said without glancing up at the four entering the potion shop. “Do close the door, don’t want any more of that nasty rain coming in.”

“Hello Kotake,” Alina said as Kia closed the door. The hag -- Kia had figured this was Kotake even before Alina had said her name -- looked up towards them.

“So this is it, isn’t it?”
  #45 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-07-2011, 03:07 AM
Leave your weapons at the door
View Posts: 4,630

4:07 PM --Southern Swamp, First Day

Ah, it was all just as Alina remembered. The dark wooden floor was neatly swept, the shelves of boxes behind the desk neatly stacked, and large pots smelling of potion covered the room in a thick, syrupy scent. There was no hesitation as Alina strode to the door, turning back only once to gauge the reaction of her companions.

Despite the fragile, bent form of Kotake, her eyes were eerily sharp, almost seeming to glow in the dim light. On the tan and wrinkled skin of the witch’s forehead, there sat a bright blue gem of power that marked her for the witch she was. Old she was, but feeble she wasn’t.

Alina retained her cool composure as she looked the witch in the eye, her sharp teeth gleaming as she smirked. “The Mayor informed me that things were running amuck here in Termina, but I didn’t begin to imagine it was this bad.”

A wisped, scratchy cackle escaped the witch’s throat as she regarded the Zora and her companions, not even blinking at the strange mix of races. “No, the swamp hasn’t been so volatile since Odolwa possessed the temple. I assume you know what that means?”

Alina folded her arms in response, her humor fading almost immediately. “Changes this severe aren’t natural… and that temple is Woodfall’s center of power. It is reasonable to assume that another entity is trying to disrupt Termina by the same means as that mask did.”

“Same means? Or same entity? If someone managed to restore the evil power of that ancient tribe, Termina would be in dire straights once again. Odd, isn’t it, that the Skullkid should disappear just as Woodfall plummets into the same disaster as before?”

“Mmn… but the Skullkid is Clocktown’s guardian, isn’t he? Have you detected any differences in the symptoms? Perhaps a different energy? I don’t think it likely that the mask could be resurrected again, especially in so little time. If we just had a way of contacting the guardians…”

Kotake cackled again at Alina’s musings, tilting her head to get a better look at the creatures near the door. “I see the swamp hasn’t been kind to your companions, either. I believe some have already arrived. You’d better let me take a look at them. I can smell the injuries from here. We’ll talk about prices later.”

OoC: Hope that works.
Last Edited by Fairess; 02-07-2011 at 03:39 AM. Reason:
  #46 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Jiro
View Posts: 11,923

16:08 (4:08 PM) --Southern Swamp First Day

As Thurop runs through the rain, he notices the lack of dry spots, to head to. Most of the trees had died due to the huge downpour that was upon the swamp. Many dead carcasses were near the cave that previously Zerrin, Alina, Tyra, and Kia had headed towards. It was definitely strange, especially since they were not there when the other group rushed to the Potion shop. Thurop took small shelter inside the cave. There was an old man, the one who previously was there before. This time, though, there was something different about him. He seemed like he was up to something. He did have a weapon, and perhaps it may have been this old man who had killed the people outside. Frightened, Thurop ran out of the cave as quickly as possible, and ran as if his life depended on it. He passed through the wet grasslands of the Southern Swamp, and enemies were not out due to the storm. Thurop went to the tree and noticed something hairy on it, what he saw was a skulltula, but not a regular one. This was a hairy one, he decided to mark the area given where the skulltula appeared. As perhaps it could lead to clues, how could this specimen exist? After all, Thurop knows of every creature in the world of Termina as well as the world of Hyrule after years of time spent doing research on all of the creatures. He knew he finally lost the old man, but he wasn't even sure if this old man was chasing him in the first place. He decided to move forward, as perhaps the old man may have been looking for him and he could still be out for him. He headed through the murky water of the swamp by jumping over logged platforms, and spotted the old man. Thurop hid in the shrub in case that man could have found him. Stay alert. This man could find me and execute me. Thurop thought. "I guess I lost him. Oh well, next time he is dead!", the old man said. Luckily, after the man retreated, Thurop found the latter to the Potion shop and headed in there. Already, a half hour had passed since the party had arrived. Thurop entered the Potion Shop. Kotake was talking to Alina. "Do you have money?", Kotake asked. "Yes, I do. I have enough rupees to buy something here.", Thurop replied. Thurop decided before buying anything, he should take shelter for the huge storm, as it was only going to get worse. Thurop was prepared to spin the party a yarn about what happened on his way here, as he had nothing else to do.

OoC: That was a really long one, but I got into the story a bit more.
Last Edited by Kikaider; 02-07-2011 at 10:35 PM. Reason:
  #47 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Ameera Mae Laramie Ameera Mae Laramie is a female United States Ameera Mae Laramie is offline
Rainbow Sheikah

The Swamp was her playground for the most part, but she stayed well within the means of Woodfall during the daylight hours. No one could see her anyways and she didn’t know exactly why she was there in the first place, she had been gone for several generations already.

She had been ripped away from the body she had called home when the Mask had taken it over, it had been her new body for many years before it had happened. She had controlled the creature the Mask had decided to use for even more evil purposes then she could ever imagine. Oh the Deku Scrubs were not too happy about that!

Why she couldn’t move on after going from one life to the next, or after the Mask had ripped her from that body of a giant. Something was keeping her there, something was making her use the powers of her old host to make the Swamp putrid again. She knew her plight wasn’t the only one that was causing harm, she had been aware of others in her situation -- others that had been in far worse conditions then her. Their lives had much more anger in them.

Perhaps that was the reason why she could not move on, why she felt a twinge of anger when she saw the poor mortal souls enter. The songs she carried over to the group did not deter them to Woodfall right away, nor did the one song the Scrub heard made him go any faster. This was the only way she could communicate with people, through the spirit of song but no one could hear her -- until now.

There was a faint laughter in the wind, now she could start going against the thing that kept her in the mortal world. Oh it wasn’t the emotional aspect of it, no it was something more deeper, more sinister, then her own backwards anger. And it wouldn’t show itself until the others were defeated, taken away from their own injustices.

Perhaps these were the ones that could help.

OOC: Just a little insight of what the group may be facing in Woodfall. >.<
  #48 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-08-2011, 02:34 AM
Sheikahchica Sheikahchica is a female United States Sheikahchica is offline
"You look more nervous than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs!"
Send a message via AIM to Sheikahchica Send a message via Yahoo to Sheikahchica
View Posts: 2,028

Tyra listened to the conversation between Alina and Kotake as she stood in a corner of the shop, her arms crossed. Hopefully whatever they were here for was worth traversing this dangerous marshland. She couldn’t say she exactly trusted the hag behind the counter, whom she had seen briefly at one time when she had traveled to the swamp, but the Zora seemed to, and at the moment that was good enough for her.

She was fairly familiar with what they spoke of, however. She had heard the stories of what had occurred in Termina when she had been away on a raid, and what she saw as they returned to the Great Bay - the image of the moon nearly colliding with the Clock Tower - was forever embedded into her mind.

Glancing next to her at Kia, the pirate’s thoughts suddenly changed to after the battle with the Octorock. She still looked rather beat up from it. And Zerrin had definitely impressed her with his skills in battle. Though his finishing blow to the creature had really made her wonder… for the only power she had seen like that had been when she was a child. She decided silently to keep a close watch on this mysterious young man.

Looking down once more at Kia, she nudged her shoulder with her arm, causing the girl to look up at her, “How are you…. doing?”

Tyra caught herself mid-sentence, but managed to get the rest of it out. She had been completely struck by something she never noticed before. The girl had mismatched eyes… one of them being red just like hers. She quickly drove the surprise from her face, choosing not to address it at the moment, and waited for the girl’s response.

OOC: FINALLY! Sorry for the delay... I should be a bit more active from here on in
Last Edited by Sheikahchica; 02-08-2011 at 03:26 AM. Reason:
  #49 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-08-2011, 03:43 AM
Kevyn Miller

(OoC Warning: Insanely long post. This is something big that will probably answer most of your OoC suspicions about what's going on with Zerrin. Your characters, less so.)

Zerrin stood with his back to the door. He heard the slight creaking of the hinges and watched as a newcomer in red armor walked in. The floorboards groaned under his metal-clad weight and the metal was grimy. Zerrin examined him closely and then stopped when he noticed the emblem of the Triforce engraved on his armor.

The knight held his greatsword over his head and Zerrin tried to run but the mob was pinning him down...

He turned away and refocused on the conversation with the hag. Her eyes lowered as she mentioned her sister, Koume, was among the ones that had vanished. Alina patted her shoulder and Kotake brushed her off. "No time for that, Alina, no time. These lot-" she gestured at the rest of them "-need some healing and I'm curious as to why."

Kotake had Alina begin mixing some sort of fertilizer for Karick while she gave small bits of red potion to the wounded. Zerrin felt uneasy about it all, especially the whole "payment" bit, but he was gratefull for the relief. His burns and a few of the others, however, needed additional care beyond just sipping some potion.

It was near the end of all of this that Kotake started cleaning up Zerrin's right arm. His burns were worse here and the odd smelling cream she applied helped ease it somewhat. Suddenly, Kotake shrieked and held out his hand. She pointed at the symbol on his hand and with a grave voice whispered shrilly "Where...did this come from?" She stared at him intently (as did everyone else) and he caved. "Its been growing there since this morning."

Kotake continued to stare at him. "And what, exactly, happened this morning?" Zerrin explained about the wierd sensations and magic and Kotake looked at him contemplatingly. After a while of odd silence she almost flew into her backroom. She came out holding various odd smelling herbs and a small pot that, unlike most of the ones in the shop, was empty. She started mixing and then started talking quickly at Zerrin. "Well, I don't know what is causing this accidental magic," she made an odd noise at that "but I know how to find out." A whiteish-gray puff of smoke came from the pot. "This potion" she said, pushing it towards him, "with a bit of help from me" at that the gem on her head seemed to shimmer for a moment, "I'll be able to see what is causing all of this."

The potion was odd smelling and the witch seemed a little eager to try this experiment. He thought about it for a moment. "Alright, but on one condition." The old hag looked at him questioningly. "I need you to bring me a sapphire." She shrugged her shoulders and brought one in. It was small but around the right size. He then walked over and put it in Alina's hand. After a few moments he took it back. Everyone looked at him oddly but he just went back and sat down.

Kotake motioned at him to drink some of the potion and he obliged. Kotake began to chant beneath her breath and the crystal on her head lit up. She started floating in midair and Zerrin felt an odd sensation, like a gate was opening in his mind.

That was when all hell broke loose.

Zerrin's mind exploded in raw pain, beyond anything he had ever felt before. His entire head felt like it was being cut in two with a dull meatcleaver and he felt a yell of agony escape his lips. His hands burned with white hot blistering sensations and Kotake was sent flying backward into the wall. Suddenly, a bright flash erupted from his body and, for the slightest of seconds, a glowing red eye appeared from his head, thrashing to and fro as fleshy petals pulsated on the edge. Chanting filled his tortured mind and he could feel the entire shop shaking like a drum.

Suddenly, he was in the woods. Mom and dad had vanished and he was scared and running and

rocks. The entire cliff had fallen down, and mom and dad were gone, crushed, gone, gone

The pirates gathered around him, cheering. He had officially joined the crew, was one of them...

Pamela and her father and him were all sitting together, laughing as the water roared past

the waves crashed against the ship as he...she? He couldn't tell, everything was meshing together

his face was burning. His face was burning, and he could only see darkness

fighting off fishermen, trying to get at least some treasure back, so the queen would be proud

everything was white and gray now, only shadows were visible.

Talking with the others, splitting the loot from the latest raid

Her head fell to the floor and he could hear the other Gerudo raise the alarm.

She was gone, killed over a pile of gold and rupees.

He was back, with the pain doubling itself every second. He could just barely reach into his pocket, grab the sapphire....

a calm presence filled his mind as he collapsed onto the cedar floor.

(OoC: Sorry again about the long post. I'm hoping it was pretty obvious who he read there?
Just as a note. Zerrin should probably be a little unsure as to whether he is really Zerrin when he wakes up. He just saw a lot of two lives and felt a lot of their emotions. Very confusing.)

My BA Characters
Last Edited by Sam Nornal; 02-10-2011 at 05:45 PM. Reason:
  #50 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Demo
Send a message via Skype™ to Demorid
Steam ID: Nathonan
View Posts: 486

Verix sat in horror as the eye on zerrin began to grow. Suddenly he felt a sharp tug on his mind. He nearly doubled over because of the power. Then he had a vision, a memory, but it wasn't his.

He was a young child. he was pinned down by two guards and a thrird stood over him with a greatsword in his hand ready to strike. He felt rage, an inhuman rage, like none he had ever seen or felt before. He felt himself boiling inside. Suddenly he felt like he was about to burst. Shadows seemed to form in front of his eyes.

Suddenly he was in the hut again. His sword drawn everyone was facing him except zerrin who was on the floor. The tugging in his mind had stopped. He sheathed his sword quickly. "What were you doing!?" finally kia asked. "I...I don't...know." Verix replied. He thought to himself, "If that ever happens again, I will kill Zerrin." He kept a close look on Zerrin until he woke up.
  #51 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Bard of Time
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/DirkStrider
View Posts: 4,552

OoC: As I understand it, I think this is right...

Markus could do little more than watch, over and over reaching for his own sword. He’d been glad that the second group had made it here alright, but was unsure about the nature of the new arrival. He didn’t seem hostile, but you could never be sure...

When Zerrin started his ordeal, he fought the urge to do anything- he wasn’t sure what the eye meant or what was happening, but he knew Kotake knew what she was doing- at least, he thought he did, until she was thrown against the wall.

As he collapsed, Verrix drew his sword, and, not knowing what he was going to do, Markus had readied himself to stop him. He sheathed it a moment later, but Markus was still on the defensive. Tyra seemed to have some sort of reaction as well, but not as violently. I don’t know what’s going on here... Zerrin’s reaction to that potion, Verrix and Tyra’s reaction to his, that sapphire...

“What was that you gave him?” Markus was the first to ask as Kotake regained herself.

“Well...” She began. “It was meant to lower his mental state, to the point where I could see inside and determine if it was something subconscious. Didn’t seem to work. I guess I mixed it wrong...”

Markus looked at the pot with newfound curiosity. She can see into minds with it?... I may not ever get another chance like this. “Are you sure it was the potion? Is it possible to check it to make sure?”

She waited a moment before carefully answering. “Yes, I suppose I can check it... You’ll have to give me a minute.” She went to the back room once again, carrying the pot with her. He kept a watch over the rest of the party- Karick, who was resting on the ground; Zerrin, who was still unconscious; Tyra and Verrix, who were still looking around guardedly; Kia, Alina, and the newcomer, who were standing around the small shop, confused.

She returned some time later, seeming just as confused. “No, the potion seems fine... I honestly have no idea what happened...”

“Would testing it on someone else help?” Markus ventured. She seemed even more skeptical now, but responded that it might. “If we decide to go ahead with that idea...” He said, trying to keep his voice level despite knowing he was this close to what he’d been searching for all this time, “I’ll volunteer.”
  #52 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-10-2011, 10:33 PM
Jiro

The newcomer was getting a feeling from Verix that he should watch himself. Any minute something strange could happen. The situation could go from best to worst. At first, he was quite confused at what Markus and Kotake were going on about. Then, he realized, it was an old ailment, he knew this after preforming a mission back a year ago around Desert Colossus. He was not needed to tread sand to travel there, that was before the sandstorm hit, and it caused the Desert Wasteland to be like its original self. He started to realize he was getting off topic. After all, Markus was about to test it out. Wasn't he? This newcomer did know of Markus, as he was a popular artist among the Terminian people. He thought for a moment. This potion heals the weary. Is he out of his head? It could kill him. Perhaps, I should request testing it. After all, I still have not replenished my energy. "I'll do it!", he yelled, and everyone immediately stared at the newcomer. "Who are you, and what is it of your business? Don't you not even travel with this group, nor know this group?", Kotake asked. "No, I have never met any of these people, but I understand that there must be a problem in order for this to have happened.", the newcomer replied. "By who are you?", Markus asked. "My name is Thurop.", Thurop answered. "Alright, Thurop. Why then would you do this? Why exactly would you put your life on the line like this?". "That's easy. I won't die." Overconfident, he started to reach Markus' hand to take the bottle. He grabbed the bottle and began to drink. Swallowing each drop, until the inside was left dry.

OoC: I think this is a pretty good cliffhanger.
Last Edited by Kikaider; 02-10-2011 at 10:37 PM. Reason:
  #53 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Rainbow Sheikah

Kia had been all set to answer Tyra, right before Zerrin had started acting funny before collapsing on the ground. It happened within the span of minutes it seemed, or time had slowed down when it had happened. There was a tingling sensation coming from him, one that Kia hadn’t felt from Zerrin before -- Kotake was right, there was magic about him.

Perhaps it was just the aura of the shop that made her feel that prickle of magic, amplifying it. Whatever it was, it caused the Promise Bind on her hand to feel a little hot; Kia rubbed the spot where the Fairy had put the Bind. Kotake, while pouring some of the potion into a small cup, casually glanced over to the Sheikah -- that look made her uncomfortable. What did the old hag know?

“This is crazy,” Kia mumbled, watching Kotake hand the cup to Markus, who stared down at it then up at Kotake -- it seemed like he was trying to steady himself to actually drink the mixture. The old woman, in turn, looked towards her but instead of moving her gaze away from Kia, kept her eyes on her.

“Funny, I have not seen two people in the same room together that have the same weird eye color that weren‘t of the same family,” Kotake stated rather bluntly. “Nor have I seen that kind of Bind on anyone in quite a while either, the Scrub has the same one as well. Before you leave I’ll give a map of the Swamp with the location of the Fairy.”

Kia stared at Kotake when she turned back to Markus, who had put the cup to his lips. Although she wasn’t there when Karick had been brought into the shop, Kia had not said a word about the Great Fairy’s need to make sure that her sisters were okay. But it was one less thing that needed to be asked of her, Kia was becoming more uncomfortable in the shop.

Just as Markus was about to drink the cup, the stranger who had come in suddenly stopped Markus from drinking the stuff. Thurop was his name it appeared --- and by drinking the contents of Kotake’s potion, seemed to also really annoy Markus as well. Drinking the stuff down quickly after the exchange of words between the two, Kia held her breath to see what would happen with the potion.

OOC: I didn’t realize that Noodles had posted before me when I had originally posted, so I kinda glossed over the post in the last paragraph -- it works?
  #54 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2011, 12:01 AM
Sheikahchica Sheikahchica is a female United States Sheikahchica is offline
"You look more nervous than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs!"
Send a message via AIM to Sheikahchica Send a message via Yahoo to Sheikahchica
View Posts: 2,028

Tyra stood watching in amazement the effects of Kotake’s potion on Zerrin. Had it really been the best thing for him to agree to? Consuming an unknown substance…? As the hag was thrown into the wall by an unseen force, she found herself getting nervous, wondering what kind of power was truly being unleashed.

She looked back at Zerrin, a red eye appearing from his head. All of a sudden, it seemed like the eye was fixed on her. Her own eyes grew wide, and she found herself stepping back closer to the wall. Something pushed her roughly into the wall, and she felt pinned. Her mind. It was being tossed through like thief spilling the contents of a stranger’s home. She managed to reach her hands to her head, her teeth gritting as the force insisted on continuing… rooting deeper… no… not to that day. Anything but that day. She was lost… had they forgotten? Where was she… no… it was all so strange… quiet. Alone. So alone in this deathly darkness… and then…. the sea.

Tyra’s eyes were closed as she tried to force the unknown presence from her mind, so she did not see her entire left side’s birthmarks begin to light up with a golden glow…. Pushing the intruder out. Not quite strong enough… She wasn’t controlling anything, it was as though a natural defense mechanism had kicked in, like a mother protecting her young violently, and to the death. Finally, it was gone. Her mind felt scrambled for a moment, and she was on her knees. The pirate’s eyes finally opened, the purple and red shining brightly as she inhaled deeply after the strangulation of her memories.

Everyone was focused on the collapsed body of Zerrin. Good. With a silent groan she grasped at the wall and pulled herself to her feet. The last thing she needed to show was weakness. She could handle this. If only she knew exactly what “this” was… All she knew was that it had something to do with the crumpled heap of a man on the floor. She would deal with him in time.

The pirate mentally implored her strength to return to her quickly, before they had to move forward. For at the moment, she felt she wouldn’t be able to take a single step.
  #55 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Kevyn Miller

Thurop stood, holding the bottle in one hand. Nothing happened and he just stood there. He looked at the empty bottle in his hands and then asked "Wait, why isn't anything happening?"
Kotake was sorting through her shelves. "Well, there wasn't anything for it to do. It's supposed to lower the mental defenses so I can magically scan your subconcious." She smacked his forehead lightly. "There's nothing hidden in there, so it didn't do anything."

Markus looked somewhat peeved at Thurop. "Well, now that we know it works, can I use it? There's something I need to check out." Kotake looked at him and shook her head. "I don't use this potion often, and don't keep that many of the components in stock. I can get some to you in...about a week." She went back to the shelves.

Markus didn't look satisfied. "But we'll be gone by then! We can't stay in the shop for a we-"
Kotake stopped him with a gesture. She was half-smiling and holding a glove in her hand. "I can get it to you then, no worries. I have ways of getting around." She pulled the glove onto Zerrin's right hand over the black symbol on it. "This glove should stop whatever is causing this from escaping when he uses his own spells." She started putting back the items she had moved. "Alina, I'm not saying you need to, but I think teaching this boy how to do some spells and the like would be a good idea. Build some self control and the like."

She looked down on the unconcious figure and sighed. "I wasn't able to see what was wrong with him, but I'm certain now of one thing. There is something inside his body, some...darkness. I'm not sure what it is or when it got him but it seems to be lodged in as much as himself. He's probably had this problem since around birth."

She floated behind her desk and pulled out a map of Termina. She grabbed a red quill and circled something on the mountain on the map. "I've seen something like what's in him before. There is a smith on Snowhead mountain who I think your friend should see." She gave the map to Markus and settled to the ground. "Now that we've got that out of the way, let's discuss payment options."

My BA Characters
  #56 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2011, 09:16 PM
Leave your weapons at the door
View Posts: 4,630

It was a lot to take in. Even Alina’s overactive senses struggled to gage the reactions of everyone else. Even Zerrin’s strange magic had done nothing to her, but it was rather obvious that the dark energy was affecting the others… and it wouldn’t be affecting the others in such a manner unless they had energy of their own that was interacting with it.

What have I gotten myself into? That was made rather clear once Kotake began talking money. With a sigh, Alina turned away from the others and approached the counter, oddly beginning to feel a great responsibility towards the rag-tag group.

“Well, before we do start on the business of rupees, perhaps you remember that shipment of Eyeball Frogs? Mael wanted me to do him a favor and check up on that invoice while I was in Termina.” Alina offered a smirk that showed her teeth, almost playful.

Kotake narrowed her eyes in response, a small smile gracing her cracked lips. “Of course that wry little fish wouldn’t let me forget. I suppose he should consider himself lucky to be repaid so generously by our interesting encounter.”

Alina grinned, resting a scaled hand confidently upon her hip. “You’re a dear, Kotake, and the best potion keeper in the whole of Termina.”

“Bah, you fish-folk and your slippery tongues. I wouldn’t do business with your brother if it weren’t for those pristine eyeballs. The frogs here in Woodfall are just about useless.”

Alina’s smile faded as she looked down the Scrub. “Ah, well, it is a pity we couldn’t find something for Karick. That potion mix will stabilize him, but not for very long. What kind of curse could be so strong without me noticing sooner?”

“These are dark times, Alina. You would do well to follow my advice to help your friends. I know you are plenty capable, but time is passing quickly. The swamp will not become any more friendly. Make sure you help Kia to the Great Fairy… we will be in grave danger indeed if even her power has diminished with this new evil.”
  #57 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2011, 11:20 PM
Rainbow Sheikah

Kia paused in reaching for the map that Markus held, keen on seeing what she had circled on the parchment. Kotake floated up and over to the girl, slapping her hand away from the map and pushing her back a few feet.

"That map means nothing to you, just to him. Now, give me your hand." The hag offered a wrinkled hand, of which Kia put out her left hand. That, too, she batted away. "No, your other hand."

"But, that has the Bind on it." Kia hestiated, looking down at the faint marking that was on it. Kotake laughed but that laughter was cut short when a sudden realization hit her.

"Child, how old are you?" She asked seriously. The Sheikah frowned, hardly thinking this was the right time to be asking about a total stranger's age. "You can not be more then sixteen at the most, no younger then thirteen. And yet you don't know much more then a mere toddler. The Hyrule Sheikah elders must be really slacking!"

Kotake took the offense on Kia's face in stride, grabbing Kia's right hand and putting it between her own. There was a cooling sensation along the lines of the daisy that had been tattooed on her palm. It was much different then when the Bind had been given and felt better as well.

"I'll give this to you as a free gift, in leiu of your ignorance. You must learn how to control your power, all of you do." Kotake, while not dropping Kia's hand, glanced around the shop at the mismatched group. "There is a darkness that has befallen Termina once again, there are sounds in the swamp that I have not heard before. I don't know what it is but it is affecting the entire land. You must find the reason behind this, together.

"I suggest you all go to the Deku Palace at once, I believe that your friend here may already have one of the answers you seek." Kotake pointed to the obvious person, Karick, but surprisingly her voice had become hushed instead of the steady tone it had been. "There's something there, I can sense it almost. It's calling to him, it has been since the morning winds."

"Kotake?" Alina asked, stepping forwards. The witch waved a hand, showing the group that she was okay.

"Go, I bid thee all. Go find what's going on and find the Great Fairy of the Swamp. Tell her sisters not to worry and they will reward you. Now, go!"
  #58 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-19-2011, 02:07 PM
Kevyn Miller

The group quickly got ready to leave. Markus lifted up Karick's wooden body but they was some debate on what to do with Zerrin. They no longer had Ralph to help out Markus and Verrix was too weak to lift him up. The rain was pouring outside in stinking acidic torrents and nobody dared walk in it. They sat in silence for what seemed like forever while Kotake went into the backroom to brew up some more red potion to replace what she used on all of them.

Zerrin lay, his face and arms bandaged, on the ground. He couldn't move his weakened limbs, or even talk or open his eyes. He lay on the wooden floorboards were he had collapsed and thought.

I wonder if this is what death feels like?

He began to despair. He could see people floating behind his eyelids, familiar faces and some he knew he should know but didn't. He could make out Ralph, sitting on the ground with a horrid sneer slapped on his face. Verrix stood nearby, holding a knife to Kia's throat, Markus was only a black shape with red eyes and a gaping wound in his chest. Tyra...looked a lot younger and was looking at him in disgust. Karick, Hylian knights, everyone was looking at him, horribly distorted into little more than characateurs of themselves. Everyone with just a horrid sack of lies trying to destroy him, to...

Alina.

She didn't even look like herself anymore. Her mouth stretched over most of her face, filled with sharp jagged teeth. Her fins were more like sharks, and her eyes were black and predatory. She walked over to his face and starting talking in a voice that was almost snakelike.

"Do you really think anybody really cares about you? Did you HONESTLY think you could be accepted by real people?" The dark shapes circled him, yelling out insults and cruel jests. The Not-Alina towered over him holding her dagger. Suddenly, the dagger was a greatsword and the crowd pinned him down. Everyone he knew was crowded around, all wanted him dead. An inhuman rage filled his body. How dare they! He would destroy them first! All of them! Every last one! His hands filled his burning energy...
--------------------------

Alina stood in the shop at Zerrin feet. She was looking at his body with concern. What had happened to him?

---------------------------

The Not-Alina stood at his feet, the sword about to fall. She would die, they would all die! It would be easy. An inhuman snarl escaped his lips.

-------------------------

What was that noise? It didn't sound like Zerrin at all. What was happening to him?

-------------------------

He was just about to leap up. A burning energy filled his entire body and he could feel a pressure behind his eyes. He looked into the eyes of Alina...

no.

Whatever that thing was, it was not Alina. What had he been thinking? He looked around at the crowd surrounding him. All had the same horrible face as the monster above him. He turned back to the Not-Alina above him. Its eyes narrowed at him. "Why don't you strike, monster?" She dropped the sword. "It would be effortless. Just give in..." The arms pinning him down vanished. Still he lay, staring at it. It glared at him, now furious. "DO IT!"

"No."

A series of images flew through his mind. Alina voting to cast him out, talking to Markus on how to get rid of him. He knew they were lies, but they looked so real...

"DO IT!"

He turned back to the sharklike beast above him. "You aren't Alina." It recoiled. "You aren't Alina, and those things were not real." He could feel the rage fade from his mind. The thing started to change shape, first it was a knight, then Dampe, Ralph....his father. His father, the broken slop of a man, stood above him, sneering. He could feel his temper rising. The shade, whatever it was, started to kick him. He could hear ribs snap and he felt dank breath. His father was leaning over him, his face inches from his.
----------------------------------
Alina was leaning over, staring intently on Zerrin's face. What was going on in his head?
----------------------------------
"Do it. Get your revenge for all those years of neglect." The father-thing leaned over even more. "Just let go." Zerrin wanted to, his left hand was burning with power once again. But then he felt another presence, to his right. He looked over to see a figure, a young women surrounded by light blue light.

Before you do something you would regret... take another look at the thing next to you.
He looked back to the left. A black shape was hunched over him, a glowing red eye on its torso. The thing's hands were floating above him and he could feel a drumlike pounding in his forehead.
--------------------------------------------
Then his eyes opened. In the exact same place as the dark beast had been was Alina...the real one, concern and puzzlement on her face. The burning pain left his hand and he could feel prescense in his mind. He closed his eyes for a moment and saw her standing in front of him.

Who are you?

I'm pretty cetain you know the answer to that already, Zerrin.

With that she was gone, and Zerrin opened his eyes once more.

My BA Characters
  #59 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Jiro

OoC: Wow... just wow.

Out the window, the group could tell that the clouds were clearing out. It was soon time. After a few hours of waiting. Though, night was already about to fall. So, they honestly needed to camp out in the shop. Kotake permitted them to stay in this shop for one night, and one night alone. Any other time and they would not be allowed. Thurop joined the party as well. Zerrin was still knocked out cold, and it may be safe to say Karick is close to death. Kia, Alina, Verrix, Markus, Tyra, and Thurop were all very healthy. In the middle of the night, while everyone else was asleep, Zerrin woke up. It was around 2 A.M. or so, and Zerrin was speechless at the images previously pictured in his mind. So scared that it was not describable. At that moment, he began to sweat blood.

Meanwhile, that old man was up to something. He was hiding in the bushes, spying on the party, already all asleep. That is, except for Zerrin. Powder was planted into the Potion Shop. Zerrin didn't know this. This powder did not have any smell, and was actually banned in Termina, because for those who touch it with their bare hands, their fingers bleed unnaturally. That is, bleed without any cut in site. Then, without being aware of anything, Zerrin began to fall asleep. Even after being unconscious for over 8 hours. He dozed off again, without even noticing.

A few hours later, the party wakes up. They woke up, but not anywhere they have been previously. They were in a prison, that was for sure. They must have, there were other people who were all asleep, but in different rooms. Zerrin woke up first, thinking he was doing the same as before, but he awoke all of the other party members. Their whereabouts were unknown.
  #60 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2011, 08:47 AM
Kevyn Miller

8:00 A.M, The Second Day, ???????

The cell was very, very crowded. He was surrounded on all sides by stone walls and metal bars blocking the only door. They were underground...he knew that much. How had they all gotten here? Why? How would they get out, how would they get out, how- stop. Stop freaking out. You've got to think.

All their weapons were gone, and Alina no longer had her bag. They had...taken his cloak. He still had on some wierd glove on his right hand and most of his main outfit. He decided to look around the cell.

Nothing flammable. Pity. At least that trick might have done something. He checked all the cells. There were no Dekus, and Karick was missing. He tried to look down to shadowy corridor but Tyra walked forward. Her eyes glowed slightly in the half-light and she peered into the shadows through the bars.

"It's a Deku Gaurd." She said, pulling back. "We must be at the Deku Palace." Zerrin was having a little trouble breathing. He didn't really do that good indoors, he had spent most of his adult life outside...he was starting to get a little claustrophobic.

Suddenly, Verrix vanished into a shadow in the cell and re-appeared at the door. He shook the door lightly, but the lock was strong and the door locked. Suddenly, a hollow symphony of Deku feet started running down the corridor. Verrix jumped back into the shadows, out of sight, and the Dekus opened the cell. They held small wooden spears and pointed them at the group.
"The Deku Princess will now judge you. I pray to whatever gods you worship she is merciful."

Markus looked taken aback. "What crimes have we commited?"

The gaurd stared at him. "Intrusion in the Southern Swamp, our land, and the attempted murder of a Deku Salesman."

OoC: Yeah, I wasn't sure where we were, but this seemed to closest place to have a dungeon.

My BA Characters