Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2009, 05:22 PM
You will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away
View Posts: 1,419
Re: Freezes and spontaneous blue-screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Where is this program located and is there a learning curve to it?
http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1...e=UTF-8&q=occt

on google. it's the very first link.

as far as learning curves are concerned... press the big green button which says go. if your computer doesn't crash within 10 mins your hardware is more than likely functioning properly. if it crashes quickly, you have a hardware problem of some sort.

all this program does is run a lot of very heavy computations to make sure your computer is able to take a heavy load. This is a synthetic load and is harsher than almost anything that'll ever be thrown at a system. OCCT is a tool used by overclockers to make sure their stuff works.

System: Core i5 3570k @ 4.4Ghz// ASrock Pro4 // Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3-2133 // GTX 660Ti // Corsair 650Hx // Corsair H100 // Corsair Carbide 300r // Crucial M4 256GB SSD // WD Cavier 3TB HD
Our governments came up with a way to cause human extinction(nuclear missiles) well before they solved poverty.
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-02-2009, 12:16 AM
little zombies wanna eat my brains
View Posts: 5,545

Just making sure. A lot of performance type programs out there are rather complicated and I can hardly understand them. Most of the stuff on CPU-Z is even too much for me.

Thanks a bunch man.
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-02-2009, 06:05 AM
You will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away

you press the big green button that says ON...
to stop the test you press the red button that says OFF.
if it doesn't crash, you're fine.

you'd've been done by now if you typed it into google, hit download and hit the big green button.

System: Core i5 3570k @ 4.4Ghz// ASrock Pro4 // Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3-2133 // GTX 660Ti // Corsair 650Hx // Corsair H100 // Corsair Carbide 300r // Crucial M4 256GB SSD // WD Cavier 3TB HD
Our governments came up with a way to cause human extinction(nuclear missiles) well before they solved poverty.
Last Edited by nighthawkx; 09-02-2009 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-02-2009, 10:50 AM
little zombies wanna eat my brains
View Posts: 5,545

Hey! I wasn't saying it was too much for me! I was merely explaining why I was concerned about that in the first place! I've already downloaded it and am going to run it when I get the chance, haha.

Thanks again, though.

EDIT:

It ran for about thirty minutes and then it said my CPU was too hot. Nothing failed, and the test still continued. I figured I'd shut the test off and turn the computer off to let it cool. It is a laptop so heat issues are kind of ... normal. I had to go to class anyway and so I didn't really have a full hour of free time to devote to running the test. And it's probably best not to stress-test it to above maxiumum capacity right before I need it. Will run again later.
Last Edited by Andy; 09-02-2009 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-04-2009, 02:32 AM

5-10 minutes is usually more than enough. if it made it to a half hour, you're fine hardware wise, try doing a repair/upgrade on windows.

Tags
bluescreens, freezes, spontaneous, tech support