Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-18-2007, 06:48 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 21
Transparency

Me and my brother are practically obsessed with the transparency on Vista. The problem is, we heard it sucks. So we haven't bought Vista yet and may not even buy it. We like the look of Vista though. So we decided to make the windows, menu and taskbar transparent. We are using Transbar, Transmenu and Chaos Crystal 2.0.001. And with the vista wallpaper we're using and green theme on the forums, it looks great. Is anyone else do anything like this? If you have found some good programs please post so we can try em out.

Sig and Avy set by Ed6
Malo Mart
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-18-2007, 11:27 PM
You will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away
View Posts: 1,419
Re: Transparency

only decent thing with transparency that I can think of would probably be XGL

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lawkc3jH3ws

it's a bit of a stretch though..

perhaps you might be interested in windows blinds.

System: Core i5 3570k @ 4.4Ghz// ASrock Pro4 // Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3-2133 // GTX 660Ti // Corsair 650Hx // Corsair H100 // Corsair Carbide 300r // Crucial M4 256GB SSD // WD Cavier 3TB HD
Our governments came up with a way to cause human extinction(nuclear missiles) well before they solved poverty.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-19-2007, 12:56 AM
Light Spirit

View Posts: 4,727

There is a Vista transform pack going around:
http://www.windowsxlive.net/index.php

It works, installs and uninstalls very nicely. Not going to destroy your PC.
But I had Vista...and this pack is not the same 100% Vista feel. It might suit your needs though, not sure if its compatible with the likes of Transmenu though. You can always try though right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawkx View Post
perhaps you might be interested in windows blinds.
Windowblinds is the Photoshop killer, just does not work together.
I found better luck with Style XP, works fine with everything.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Skyloftian
View Posts: 698

Well bro I think were getting Vista this weekend. Mom is getting it for us. Also window blinds is like $20.00 right? I would rathr just have the real thing than to pay 20 bucks for that.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-19-2007, 03:15 PM
Light Spirit

View Posts: 4,727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara View Post
Well bro I think were getting Vista this weekend. Mom is getting it for us. Also window blinds is like $20.00 right? I would rathr just have the real thing than to pay 20 bucks for that.
There is a free trial I believe which lasts forever.
Have fun with Vista, hope it does not blog down your PC to much. And I hope you enjoy pushing 'Allow' for pretty much anything you want to do.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Skyloftian

Yea im not looking forward to that =( You are attempting to leave a comment. Allow? Yes
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2007, 03:53 PM
You will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away

for general use it probably won't give you a performance decrease if you have atleast 1GB RAM. If you have below 1GB, you need to upgrade.

System: Core i5 3570k @ 4.4Ghz// ASrock Pro4 // Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3-2133 // GTX 660Ti // Corsair 650Hx // Corsair H100 // Corsair Carbide 300r // Crucial M4 256GB SSD // WD Cavier 3TB HD
Our governments came up with a way to cause human extinction(nuclear missiles) well before they solved poverty.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Skyloftian

Um well we have like 894 GB of ram =( So is that still ok for us to use?
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-22-2007, 03:25 AM
Captain Fap
Send a message via ICQ to e_alert Send a message via AIM to e_alert Send a message via Yahoo to e_alert Send a message via Skype™ to e_alert

View Posts: 3,186

You have how much RAM?
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-22-2007, 10:55 PM
Back From The Dead
View Posts: 296

I am pretty sure he meant MB, not GB. But... if he did mean GB DAMN! THAT IS A ****LOAD OF RAM!

Back from the dead, looking to get my old username NDSGuy back...
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2007, 02:04 AM

just dedicate some flash memory to vista's readyboost feature and you'll probably be fine.

what do you use the system for? For general use scenarios, you'll likely be OK, gaming scenarios are a bit more greedy as are multimedia apps

#12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2007, 05:05 PM
Skyloftian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
I am pretty sure he meant MB, not GB. But... if he did mean GB DAMN! THAT IS A ****LOAD OF RAM!

Yeah your right. I accidently pushed G instead of B. Honest mistake. But yeah Im running Home Basic now and it seems to stay the same. I just use it for the internet and typing etc. Nothing like playing games though. Also, if anyone find how to hack or do anything with the disk to make it upgrade without paying, please tell me. Microsoft said that each disk comes with every verion on the disk and the product key determines which version installs. Im sure theres a way around it though if they alrady know how to get Aero theme on Basic.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2007, 05:41 PM

some people have used the upgrade version of the disc without an upgrade.

they installed the upgrade version. it then had a 30 day expiration period. Then they upgraded form that.

it's illegal though, so don't do it, because it makes Bill mad.

#14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Skyloftian

So how would I do that?
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Octo-cool.
Steam ID: karpbria
View Posts: 11,302

I've had Vista for a while (512MB RAM too) and i must say if anything Aero makes it run faster. It must be because of the graphics card doing the screen drawing.

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase...rade_clean.asp
I heard somewhere that microsoft isn't going to do anything about it but i can't remember where for the life of me xP
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 5

I do prefer Windows to Apple Macintosh, yes, I maybe considered a "noob" because of it. I just love using windows. However, I hate Bill Gates. He's the most intellectually impaired human being. He doesn't have the creativity to make Vista by himself so he had to kept going to Apple and stealing their ideas. Thus, his 'marvelous' creation "Vista"
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Skyloftian

Right now at the moment, im using home premium. I reinstalled it and didn't put in my product key. Im gonna keep it that way. And plus since Vista is already installed, it won't erase all my programs like it did the first time.

Tags
transparency