Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2012, 07:27 PM
Battle routine, set! Execute!
View Posts: 4,658
Changing video size/resolution.

I figured that, as Flash deals with vector imagery, that changing the size of the video I make should go over smoothly.

What I've been trying to do is simply change the size upon exporting the video as an avi program.

With this, I have been able to increase the size of the (300 X something) pixel screen to, say, 350xsomething, (with a maintained aspect ratio). I can't go any farther, though. If I were to try and go up to 400 pixels in height, the avi video that is created will not play.

Can anyone help me out?
Last Edited by Justin; 05-16-2012 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-17-2012, 09:56 AM
I have done nothing but teleport bread for three days!
Send a message via Skype™ to Keith
Steam ID: Rantick
View Posts: 7,176
Re: Changing video size/resolution.

is Flash the only program you can use? I would recommend trying to use a program like Camtasia studio, which, from what I've used it for, allows you to change the resolution of your video. I'm not sure it will allow you to use whatever ratio you like, as it seems to use presets.

What sort of video is it and what are you doing with it? for example, if it's a Youtube video then resolution is pretty useless unless you're using HD, as Youtube will change it to suit it's needs anyway.

Luka: slam a bottle of champagne into my arse first
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-17-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
is Flash the only program you can use? I would recommend trying to use a program like Camtasia studio, which, from what I've used it for, allows you to change the resolution of your video. I'm not sure it will allow you to use whatever ratio you like, as it seems to use presets.

What sort of video is it and what are you doing with it? for example, if it's a Youtube video then resolution is pretty useless unless you're using HD, as Youtube will change it to suit it's needs anyway.
It's main purpose is to be shown at a film fest. It will be displayed via projector on a big screen. However, when I enlarge it in a preview, it gets incredibly blurry, and I definitely did not want that happening.

I've only been using Flash so far to make the video, and I've been exporting it from Flash to be used onto Windows Live Movie Maker, which is generally good enough for me at the moment.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-17-2012, 09:19 PM

Recently I discovered that I fail at projector technology. While zooming in on a video preview on a computer, it gets blurry of course. but apparently a projector isn't supposed to cause blurs, which is awesome.