Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-18-2011, 08:39 PM
keyaki keyaki is a male keyaki is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ~
View Posts: 6,126
Updating drivers

Okay, so here's the deal.

I am good with computers but~

One thing about computers I never fully understood how to do is update my drivers. I never really had to except for last summer where I had to update my sound driver, but seeing as I didn't know how to do it myself I had to call Dell Tech Support.

When they helped me, I asked them a follow-up questions about updating drivers( mainly my graphics driver). When to update, how, etc. They told me you don't have to do it much if at all because there is rarely ever a need to.

But recently, I've been getting a little weary. My computer still runs fine, I'm just little weary about if I do or not, not only that, I took a scan on Dell.com and it showed the results of something that maybe seemed as if I may need to update a driver, but I'm not entirely sure. Plus when I try to update my graphics driver for example, it says it is up-to-date...

So what I'm asking is, do you update your drivers? And if so, how? I know it may seem easy as going on the website of the manufacturer to find what you may need, but like I said, that's the one thing I just can't understand.
__________________
Last Edited by keyaki; 12-18-2011 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-19-2011, 12:18 AM
Lysis Antarctica Lysis is offline
Banned User
Send a message via Skype™ to Lysis
Steam ID: lysate 3DS ID: ❤❤❤❤ if I'm gonna write down this whole damn thing, PM me or something.
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Washington State
View Posts: 19,713
Re: Updating drivers

I just assume that if something needs an important driver update, it'll tell me and give me buttons to push.

otherwise I don't worry about it, unless there's a problem.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-19-2011, 12:22 AM
keyaki keyaki is a male keyaki is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ~
View Posts: 6,126
Re: Updating drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysis View Post
I just assume that if something needs an important driver update, it'll tell me and give me buttons to push.

otherwise I don't worry about it, unless there's a problem.
If only it were that easy. But that doesn't seem to be the case with my own personal Windows 7 or Windows XP.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-19-2011, 07:49 AM
Fatrat92 Fatrat92 is a male Australia Fatrat92 is offline
Goron
Send a message via Skype™ to Fatrat92
Steam ID: fatrat92
Join Date: May 2011
View Posts: 234
Re: Updating drivers

The best place to grab drivers is from your computers manufacturer support page. If it is custom built then just use CPU-Z or another program to get the name of the driver and look at the direct site for that specific driver. If you really think is a problem just try to install it.
P.S. Be specific about your computer, check the model number.
__________________

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-19-2011, 02:46 PM
keyaki keyaki is a male keyaki is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ~
View Posts: 6,126
Re: Updating drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatrat92 View Post
The best place to grab drivers is from your computers manufacturer support page. If it is custom built then just use CPU-Z or another program to get the name of the driver and look at the direct site for that specific driver. If you really think is a problem just try to install it.
P.S. Be specific about your computer, check the model number.
Believe me, if I could I'd buy a Nvidia GeForce, but my computer is a laptop and as you know, everything is soldered down and the only way for me to get anything new hardware would be to get a new laptop all together.

But Ill try the CPU-Z
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-20-2011, 01:50 AM
Fatrat92 Fatrat92 is a male Australia Fatrat92 is offline
Goron
Send a message via Skype™ to Fatrat92
Steam ID: fatrat92
Join Date: May 2011
View Posts: 234
Re: Updating drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyaki View Post
Believe me, if I could I'd buy a Nvidia GeForce, but my computer is a laptop and as you know, everything is soldered down and the only way for me to get anything new hardware would be to get a new laptop all together.

But Ill try the CPU-Z
I use a Laptop primarily as well and I have no problem obtaining driver updates. It is just a matter of knowing what is in your machine.
__________________

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 PM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -