Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ

Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-16-2011, 11:18 PM
I once drew Santa sodomizing GI Joe. It was the last time I taught preschool art
View Posts: 2,655
Computer thinks ipod is camera

I recently got a new camera, which of course had software I needed to put on my computer for it. However since installing the camera software, every time I plug my ipod in to charge, my computer thinks I am plugging in the camera, and pops up a window asking me which photo programs I want to run.

This isn't really a big deal; it's just mildly annoying. However, is there some way to get my computer to recognize the difference and stop interrupting what I'm doing every time I plug in my ipod?

The camera is a Fujifilm FinePix S2000 HD if that matters at all.

...and from that day forward, anytime a bunch of self-important ranting morons are together in one place, it's called a FORUM! Unless it's a LEGISLATURE!
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Viajero de la Galaxia Viajero de la Galaxia is a male United States Viajero de la Galaxia is online now
Joe

View Posts: 2,560
Re: Computer thinks ipod is camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Hawk View Post
I recently got a new camera, which of course had software I needed to put on my computer for it. However since installing the camera software, every time I plug my ipod in to charge, my computer thinks I am plugging in the camera, and pops up a window asking me which photo programs I want to run.

This isn't really a big deal; it's just mildly annoying. However, is there some way to get my computer to recognize the difference and stop interrupting what I'm doing every time I plug in my ipod?

The camera is a Fujifilm FinePix S2000 HD if that matters at all.
When your computer recognizes your iPod, does it show up as an "Apple iPod" and list it as a camera?
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-26-2011, 10:49 PM
I once drew Santa sodomizing GI Joe. It was the last time I taught preschool art
View Posts: 2,655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian Assange View Post
When your computer recognizes your iPod, does it show up as an "Apple iPod" and list it as a camera?
Yes. When I plug it in, it says Apple Ipod, then under that it says "Camera Connected, select program for this action". Then it lists all my various photo programs and asks me to open one.

...and from that day forward, anytime a bunch of self-important ranting morons are together in one place, it's called a FORUM! Unless it's a LEGISLATURE!
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-13-2011, 04:47 PM
Vinyl Scratch Vinyl Scratch is a male Antarctica Vinyl Scratch is offline
Send a message via Skype™ to Vinyl Scratch
Steam ID: psn_vinylscratchp0n3
View Posts: 781

If you don't mind not having it automatically open when the actual camera is plugged in then you could set it to do that. But if that doesn't work, then go into iTunes when the iPod is plugged in, then set it to not open automatically.

PS3 Online ID: vinylscratchp0n3
3DS Friend Code: 5155 2916 9295, Pokémon X
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator