Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-13-2009, 08:30 PM
Death Valley 69 Death Valley 69 is a male United States Death Valley 69 is offline
Dedicated to Our Citizens, Our Members, and Our Profession
View Posts: 391
Miss California

Alright as most of you know Miss california recently spoke out against gay marriage. Then she took some racy pictures of herself. Ok well she goes to my school (and by that I mean she is on the same campus as me as I amin 8th grade) and i have talked to her. But what really bugs me is the reporters flooding the school. Also last night our school was sort of attacked by people who didn't like waht she said. One of our windows is broken and one of our gates was torn off.

So what do think of my school's situation and waht do you think of her
Last Edited by Death Valley 69; 05-13-2009 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-13-2009, 08:50 PM
Sapere aude
View Posts: 5,359
Re: Miss California

I think that she shouldn't have said something so politically incorrect in her situation, it was just asking for trouble. Silly move. A little forethought would've helped her a lot. Other than that she is hot.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-13-2009, 08:54 PM
You will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away
View Posts: 1,419

We live in a country where our First Amendment "rights" have been converted into privileges.

System: Core i5 3570k @ 4.4Ghz// ASrock Pro4 // Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3-2133 // GTX 660Ti // Corsair 650Hx // Corsair H100 // Corsair Carbide 300r // Crucial M4 256GB SSD // WD Cavier 3TB HD
Our governments came up with a way to cause human extinction(nuclear missiles) well before they solved poverty.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Sage of Wisdom
Send a message via AIM to Red Dingo
View Posts: 1,277

Quote:
Originally Posted by REBSHADOW09 View Post
Alright as most of you know Miss california recently spoke out against gay marriage. Then she took some racy pictures of herself. Ok well she goes to my school (and by that I mean she is on the same campus as me as I amin 8th grade) and i have talked to her. But what really bugs me is the reporters flooding the school. Also last night our school was sort of attacked by people who didn't like waht she said. One of our windows is broken and one of our gates was torn off.

So what do think of my school's situation and waht do you think of her
I think what those people did to your school is called vandalism, which is not protected under the constitution. Therefore the vandals are culpable for arrest or, more productively, forced to make reparations. What happened to your school because of that association was wrong. Miss California is an idiot for saying what she said and a crybaby for complaining about the public's negative reactions, but I feel more sympathetic for your school than her. It really sucks when that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawkx View Post
We live in a country where our First Amendment "rights" have been converted into privileges.
Was Miss California arrested for making her comments? Was she wire tapped? Did the FBI put her name on a list like they did with civil protesters? No. She exercised her right to expressed an opinion that most found to be profoundly stupid and they exercised that same right to call her an idiot. The only "privilege" of her's affected by the benefit of her celebrity status. But her right to her opinion is still in tact and no one in the government is trying to "silence" her.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-13-2009, 11:14 PM
Royal Hylian
View Posts: 939

What was really stupid was what Trump said in her defence.

"Well, the president is against gay marriage".

I found that somewhat irrelevent, but whatever.

I would have nothing against her saying she did not agree with gay marriage. But to make a big stink about not winning because she is against homosexual marriage - regardless of the numerous other factors that came into play - participating in a nude photoshoot, and joining the anti-gay marriage group doesn't do much good for her image.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-13-2009, 11:15 PM
Sage of Wisdom
Wii U ID: WoodwindsRock
View Posts: 2,873

Well I do not agree with her, but there is freedom of speech in this country.

This is what I think:

It's not wrong to personally be against gay marriage, and I suppose it's not wrong to speak it either... Banning gay marriage, is what's wrong.

------

#7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-13-2009, 11:16 PM
Sapere aude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dingo View Post
Was Miss California arrested for making her comments? Was she wire tapped? Did the FBI put her name on a list like they did with civil protesters? No. She exercised her right to expressed an opinion that most found to be profoundly stupid and they exercised that same right to call her an idiot. The only "privilege" of her's affected by the benefit of her celebrity status. But her right to her opinion is still in tact and no one in the government is trying to "silence" her.
No, but I think he is referring to the verbal battery which ensued after she made the comment. Just because one doesn't believe in gay marriage and openly expresses doesn't make them deserving of public ridicule. People are entitled to their own opinions, and unless she was trying to exterminate all homos, I don't think the media responded properly, the response was far too extreme. I didn't hear as much outcry over Jeremiah Wright's rant as I did over Miss California. That is pretty sad honestly.

Quote:
I found that somewhat irrelevent, but whatever.
Did people trash Obama for it? Nope. That's why he said it.
Last Edited by Flames of Valor; 05-13-2009 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-13-2009, 11:30 PM
DIE THE DEATH! SENTANCE TO DEATH! GREAT EQUALIZER IS DEATH!
Send a message via Skype™ to Snow_Storm
Steam ID: the_snow_storm
View Posts: 9,458

Quote:
Well who is this PErez Hilton guy he looks really weird
Butthurt fagot who disses famous people because he'll never be as rich or truly well known as them. He needs to be an hero.

As for this whole controversy, this can be summon up like this: Freedom of Speech doesn't exist anymore.

The affluenza made me do it
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-13-2009, 11:34 PM
Sage of Wisdom
Send a message via AIM to Red Dingo
View Posts: 1,277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames of Valor View Post
No, but I think he is referring to the verbal battery which ensued after she made the comment.
The First Amendment guarantees her the right to say what she wants without fear of the government persecuting her for her beliefs. It doesn't guarantee that she's not going to be insulted and ridiculed for making such remarks.

Quote:
Just because one doesn't believe in gay marriage and openly expresses doesn't make them deserving of public ridicule.
"Deserve" is a subjective term in this case. If the public deems her opinions ridiculous, then ridicule is the consequences of her expressing her opinions.

Quote:
People are entitled to their own opinions, and unless she was trying to exterminate all homos, I don't think the media responded properly, the response was far too extreme. I didn't hear as much outcry over Jeremiah Wright's rant as I did over Miss California. That is pretty sad honestly.
This might be a shocker but the media is actually composed of people. People who are entitled to their own opinions.

Quote:
I just was really scared my school is going to be attacked again
Chances are the damage was done by a few ****heads just looking for an excuse. Students who did it just for stupid thrills. But if you have a valid reason to believe it might happen again, then tell someone.
Last Edited by Red Dingo; 05-13-2009 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-13-2009, 11:35 PM
twilightocarina twilightocarina is a male Canada twilightocarina is offline
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 1

really stupid move! she has no right to say what other people can or cannot do. To be truly honest i would have been one of the people protesting against her( not that i woud destroy your school lol)
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2009, 12:34 AM
Sapere aude

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightocarina View Post
really stupid move! she has no right to say what other people can or cannot do. To be truly honest i would have been one of the people protesting against her( not that i woud destroy your school lol)
Actually, I believe we call that one the first amendment.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2009, 01:20 AM
Angry Lenin

View Posts: 8,854

My two cents: She has all the rights in the world to say what the said, but representing a whole state and doing it might not be the smartest move, considering what groups she was in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow_Storm View Post
As for this whole controversy, this can be summon up like this: Freedom of Speech doesn't exist anymore.
Was she arrested, wiretapped, or shot?

Think about it.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2009, 05:13 AM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,348

Quote:
Alright as most of you know Miss california recently spoke out against gay marriage.
Not a smart move. She should have kept it to herself.

Quote:
Also last night our school was sort of attacked by people who didn't like waht she said. One of our windows is broken and one of our gates was torn off.
Again not a smart move. It makes me wonder why people resort to violence when they don't agree with someone.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2009, 05:53 AM
May those who accept their fate be granted happiness...
Send a message via Skype™ to John
View Posts: 21,790

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawkx View Post
Uh, no.

"Free Speech" means you can say whatever you want (with some limits) without the government intervening.

It does not mean you can say what you want with no consequences.

If I stood up in a public place and insulted my employer for a few hours straight, would you argue I should not be fired?

Public Key ID: 057420A1
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2009, 06:12 AM
That's your share of the loot. Enough to shut you up, I hope.
Send a message via Skype™ to Silver
Steam ID: tw64 3DS ID: 2921-9179-3622

View Posts: 23,323

I think she's a dumb *****.

<Steam>
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2009, 07:17 AM
Goron
View Posts: 278

Okay. Excuse my ignorance.

What did she say? I read one article that made her comments sound quite politically neutral, and I'm reading an entire forum making her sound like Gordon Ramsay, except waaaayyyy hotter.

So, if it's not too much trouble, please post a quotation of the girl's remarks...

~read~

Caramelldansen!
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2009, 08:21 AM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 5,679

She does seem to be a stupid ***t, and barely has the braincells to keep her clothes on. While I find her actions incredibly offensive, as she attempted to abuse her position to broadcast a message of intolerance, she is well... an idiot, and a pretty trashy one at that. You can give white trash a boob job, but its still going to act like white trash.

Perez Hilton is just about every negative gay stereotype rolled into one: a sneaky, slimy, shallow, two faced, unpleasant, crude assault on the senses. He pretends to care about gay rights, but he will spitefully out fellow homosexuals they are ready, just to bolster his lame blogs. He shamelessly fawns upon celebrity culture, hoping like any talentless nobody, he too will one day become famous for being famous. He is pretty much a major archetype among gay guys I know: Because they are not attractive or talented or even possess anything in the way of charm: they compensate by being gossipy, superficial cliquey morons. They usually don't get boyfriends though, hurr hurr. Mr Hilton certainly doesn't. Seriously people like him, Chris Crocker and Jeffree Starr make me ashamed of my sexuality.

People like the three of them need to be taken behind a shed and shot quietly.

You know its SEXY.

My friend's group. Join! http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...n-society.html
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2009, 08:47 AM
• • • • •
Send a message via AIM to Rew
View Posts: 14,292

Away with you, Cody! Your logic and reason is not wanted here, when uneducated rage can carry the day instead.

In all seriousness, while I certainly disagree with the model's position on same-sex marriage, I fail to see why it's had be as badly blown out of proportion as it's become. She was asked a question point-blank, and she gave an honest answer. I'm not really sure what the alternative was supposed to be. Do people expect her to lie? To give an answer that violates her conscience (however misguided we may consider those scruples to be)?

I think the real issue is why such a volatile question had to be asked at all.

Signature and avatar set by the illustrious, if horny, Zarah Warah.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2009, 09:48 AM
Gerudo Thief
Send a message via Skype™ to Santa
View Posts: 117

I really don't understand why people can't accept that it was just her personal view and simply move on :S. So what? She doesn't support gay marriage... Man.. that has totally ruined my day!/sarcasm.

I wonder if she had said, yes I do support gay marriage, would those against it make as much a fuss? I for one think political correctness is getting way out of hand.

ACTUALLY (kind of off topic, but this thread made me remember) I kind of had a good chuckle to myself today watching a Ben Stiller biography and discovered that because of his parody/take on the mentally challenged in Tropic Thunder, many disable supporting (is that the right term?) activists wanted to boycott the film. Turns out that when whoever is in charge of checking these films to see if the claims are true or not about Stiller making fun at the disabled s expenses was done. It seems these activists were WAY off in what they were spouting and the movie deemed A-OK. Eh... I thought it was funny.
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2009, 10:08 AM
Angry Lenin

View Posts: 8,854

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
I wonder if she had said, yes I do support gay marriage, would those against it make as much a fuss? I for one think political correctness is getting way out of hand.
If you think this is "out of hand", I suggest that you never visit Sweden. This isn't even a hundredth of what we go through here. =/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
I really don't understand why people can't accept that it was just her personal view and simply move on :S. So what? She doesn't support gay marriage... Man.. that has totally ruined my day!/sarcasm.
I don't think it helps that she's in some anti-gay marriage group. or so I heard.
Last Edited by fratey; 05-14-2009 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote

Tags
california, miss