Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Link is hanging from my pamp qwitch!

View Posts: 13,407
Re: US and Israel will attack Iran before November 5

george bush COULD postpone the election and declare martial law. that's one of those special provisions that got snuck in under.... well I'm not sure which act of legislation that was, I'll go check in a minute and update this post.

but it could happen.

EDIT:

HOkay...
This is gonna be really heavy reading, and I'll have to read this whole thing myself, but it IS from the white house itself, so you know it's 100% official. The Document I was trying to remember is called the NSPD 51, or The National Security and Homeland security Presidential Directive. <-- link here. This Document was written in just May of this year!

I'll point out the most easyily understood and relevant part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSPD 51
Purpose

(1) This directive establishes a comprehensive national policy on the continuity of Federal Government structures and operations and a single National Continuity Coordinator responsible for coordinating the development and implementation of Federal continuity policies. This policy establishes "National Essential Functions," prescribes continuity requirements for all executive departments and agencies, and provides guidance for State, local, territorial, and tribal governments, and private sector organizations in order to ensure a comprehensive and integrated national continuity program that will enhance the credibility of our national security posture and enable a more rapid and effective response to and recovery from a national emergency.

Definitions

(2) In this directive:

(a) "Category" refers to the categories of executive departments and agencies listed in Annex A to this directive;

(b) "Catastrophic Emergency" means any incident, regardless of location, that results in extraordinary levels of mass casualties, damage, or disruption severely affecting the U.S. population, infrastructure, environment, economy, or government functions;

(c) "Continuity of Government," or "COG," means a coordinated effort within the Federal Government's executive branch to ensure that National Essential Functions continue to be performed during a Catastrophic Emergency;
sections b and c of that definition may as well read: "The federal government will talk and pretend as if we are 'ensuring that National Essential Functions (including elections) are carried out even during a national emergency', but basically we're just telling you to bend over and take it while your democratic rights are taken away"

this essentially reduces the United State's "democracy" to a facade likening to Zimbabwe and Pakistan and all the other developing countries that claim to be democratic while the real system is tailored to work for a dictatorship.

I want out of America.
Last Edited by Redonkulous Homunculus; 09-20-2008 at 12:54 PM. Reason:
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-20-2008, 01:31 PM
strummin on a streetlight
View Posts: 4,427

Indeed this is drastic legislation, Margar.

Do keep in mind that the intentions, I believe, are not to preserve the power that the neo-cons currently wield, but rather it is a pre-empt in the scenario that Iran does decide to make nukes and use them against us. Same for Russia.

Yes, the ulterior motive is based upon a fearful nation scenario, but that's what a catastrophe does to a nation, doesn't it?

Also, as for the original post. It is really just angry Russian "noocrats" yelling at each other in their version of a congressional Republic. Keep things in perspective people.

In many ways, the Russian politician yelling and screaming things like Stalin, Hitler, Cheney, chicken-head etc.... is ironically the Russian version of an American neo-con--in a way.

It's kinda humerous.

No offense to any Russian citizens here. (My pianist I'm playing with right now is Russian, after all.)

Just poking fun at politicians.

Quote:
No US presidential election has ever been postponed.

Abraham Lincoln was urged by some aides to suspend the election of 1864 - during the US Civil War - but despite the expectation that he would lose, he refused.

"The election is a necessity," Lincoln said. "We cannot have a free government without elections; and if the rebellion could force us to forgo, or postpone, a national election, it might fairly claim to have already conquered us."
-BBC news

#23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-20-2008, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devia Erasmus View Post
No offense to any Russian citizens here. (My pianist I'm playing with right now is Russian, after all.)
You're playing with WHAT, now?

heh heh, just lightening the tone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devia Erasmus View Post
No US presidential election has ever been postponed.

Abraham Lincoln was urged by some aides to suspend the election of 1864 - during the US Civil War - but despite the expectation that he would lose, he refused.

"The election is a necessity," Lincoln said. "We cannot have a free government without elections; and if the rebellion could force us to forgo, or postpone, a national election, it might fairly claim to have already conquered us." -BBC news
I can only hope Bush has a shred of the decency Lincoln did to make an honorable decision like that, though.
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-20-2008, 02:15 PM
strummin on a streetlight
View Posts: 4,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margar View Post
You're playing with WHAT, now?

heh heh, just lightening the tone!
zoink!

You caught me....

lol. jkjk.

Quote:
I can only hope Bush has a shred of the decency Lincoln did to make an honorable decision like that, though.
Ah, but you give Bush too much credit. It will only be his persona making the decision. Really, it will be the people he borrows for his lack of own intellect .

(the last wiki link is the most enlightening one.....)

Last Edited by Era; 09-24-2008 at 01:02 AM. Reason:
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-20-2008, 02:18 PM
Significantly more hydrated than you.
Wii U ID: Blizzaga

View Posts: 35,524

I don't think Bush would suspend elections just to attack Iran. Though, I'll stay impartial to both side so the argument.

???

#26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-20-2008, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzaga View Post
I don't think Bush would suspend elections just to attack Iran. Though, I'll stay impartial to both side so the argument.
Yeah, I don't think he'd suspend the election to ATTACK Iran, but I can see the US possibly provoking an attack to get the scenario they want.

It's scary and I HOPE it's just a wild conspiracy theory.
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-20-2008, 03:33 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 3

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with Iran.
Hefty lols all around. I suppose you see nothing wrong with executing gay people, right? You also don't mind the suppression of free speech?
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-21-2008, 12:10 PM
Royal Hylian
View Posts: 939

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHENCE I CAME View Post
Hefty lols all around. I suppose you see nothing wrong with executing gay people, right? You also don't mind the suppression of free speech?
That has nothing to do with the US. Unless it caused an international threat to America or their allies, they can do whatever the **** they want.

But I don't know the details of the issue, so I won't get more involved with the discussion than this.
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-21-2008, 12:39 PM
Avalanchemike Avalanchemike is a male The Byzantine Empire Avalanchemike is offline
patron saint of subtlety
Send a message via Skype™ to Avalanchemike
Steam ID: Avalanchemike Wii U ID: AvaMike

View Posts: 25,313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearhead View Post
That has nothing to do with the US. Unless it caused an international threat to America or their allies, they can do whatever the **** they want.

But I don't know the details of the issue, so I won't get more involved with the discussion than this.
Oh so as long as they leave us alone, we don't care if they start using chemical weapons on their own people?

"It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong"
- G. K. Chesterton

#30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Ask Not What Zaius Can Do For You
Send a message via AIM to Zaius Ex
View Posts: 5,960

Quote:
Unless it caused an international threat to America or their allies, they can do whatever the **** they want.
No, they can't.
Zaius and I are much like the mongoose and the cobra, we are destined for battle time and time again, even if it is not in our territory. Of course, I'm the mongoose since I like having appendages, and Zaius seems like a cold-blooded creature.
Voted Best Theorist three times.
Voted Most Knowledgeable of Zelda three times.
Winner of TSA's Zelda Championship Tournament.
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Lord of an Industrial age.
View Posts: 1,418

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZaius1 View Post
No, they can't.

Why not? Why can America do what it wants? Is it because they are muslims?

O DEAR... Good Old Twats are dying everywhere..

FREEDOM TO PALESTINE!!
FREEDOM TO GAZA!!
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-21-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarimanka View Post
Why not? Why can America do what it wants? Is it because they are muslims?
No, dumbass, it's because the country is controlled by a totalitarian regime that constantly disrespects civil rights.
Zaius and I are much like the mongoose and the cobra, we are destined for battle time and time again, even if it is not in our territory. Of course, I'm the mongoose since I like having appendages, and Zaius seems like a cold-blooded creature.
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Royal Hylian
View Posts: 939

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanchemike View Post
Oh so as long as they leave us alone, we don't care if they start using chemical weapons on their own people?
As far as I know, the US never got involved with anything unless it would (or is) directly affect them in some way. At least that's what I've noticed.
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Avalanchemike Avalanchemike is a male The Byzantine Empire Avalanchemike is offline
patron saint of subtlety
Send a message via Skype™ to Avalanchemike
Steam ID: Avalanchemike Wii U ID: AvaMike

View Posts: 25,313

Quote:
As far as I know, the US never got involved with anything unless it would (or is) directly affect them in some way. At least that's what I've noticed.
The USA has been one of the strongest powers in the world for over a century. Everything affects it some way or another.

"It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong"
- G. K. Chesterton

#35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-21-2008, 08:44 PM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 314

Sigh... This is the problem with society. Everyone's right and nobody's wrong. These are the end of times, no doubt about it. What would have strengthened the core of the US if the Senate and other political parties were rightfully abolished since they do not honour the constitution.... but no.

It's been going on too long for that to happen. This could be a plan, as most, to distract the public away from truth and then again it may never happen. You cannot rely on articles from Russia.

Well... This was never God's country to begin with. This land is not for you nor me. It's for a hundred or so ritzy dictators who are made of trillions of lies, dining in their secret societies. What an ignorant race, these humans are.
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Fighter of the Nightman.
View Posts: 8,865

Quote:
Yeah, I don't think he'd suspend the election to ATTACK Iran, but I can see the US possibly provoking an attack to get the scenario they want.

It's scary and I HOPE it's just a extremely ****ing moronic conspiracy theory.
Fixed, that legislation would probably only come into effect if there is an incredible emergency and I dont see Dubya, planning on provoking Iran in the next few months.
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-22-2008, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike87 View Post
Fixed, that legislation would probably only come into effect if there is an incredible emergency and I dont see Dubya, planning on provoking Iran in the next few months.
actually, just to clear something up- that's NOT legislation. that's actually a presidential directive. meaning that the white house wrote it and Bush signed it.

Quote:
No, dumbass, it's because the country is controlled by a totalitarian regime that constantly disrespects civil rights.
you may as well be talking about the US there. that's where we're headed at this rate, anyhow!
If the US meddled with every country that "constantly disrespects civil rights" we'd be at war with Russia, China, most of africa, and a lot of south america.

Other Nations don't even measure "civil rights" with the same yard stickthat we do. Who are we to inpose OUR society's level of civil rights on another country? At some point, you have to know when to choose your battles, and when to mind your own business. The US looks like a nation of hypocrites because our own economy is tanking, people are losingtheir homes, unemployment is rising, our education system is among the owrst of the developed nations, and our infastructure is crumbling. Yet we want to go around and tell other countries how to act?

I'm SO moving to Sweden. Hombre- get ready to meet me at the airport. lol!
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-22-2008, 12:06 PM

Quote:
you may as well be talking about the US there. that's where we're headed at this rate, anyhow!
No, it's not.

Quote:
If the US meddled with every country that "constantly disrespects civil rights" we'd be at war with Russia, China, most of africa, and a lot of south america.
What's your point.

Quote:
Other Nations don't even measure "civil rights" with the same yard stickthat we do.
Civil rights are immeasureable and they are not there for the government to define; they are God-given.

Quote:
Who are we to inpose OUR society's level of civil rights on another country?
Imposing aside, civil rights are the same for every human being no matter what country they live in.

Quote:
At some point, you have to know when to choose your battles, and when to mind your own business. The US looks like a nation of hypocrites because our own economy is tanking, people are losingtheir homes, unemployment is rising, our education system is among the owrst of the developed nations, and our infastructure is crumbling. Yet we want to go around and tell other countries how to act?
That's why it's time to elect Barack Obama, truely the Jesus Christ of our modern times, into the highest office in the world. He's going to kick so much ass it's not even funny.
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-22-2008, 12:11 PM
The Fire Sage
View Posts: 637

Quote:
that's where we're headed at this rate, anyhow!
Quote:
These are the end of times, no doubt about it
Though I agree that disrespecting civil rights is no reason to invade Iran right now, I have to disagree with this mentality.

I've seen this developing sentiment that the Patriot Act is the start of the erosion of our constitutional rights. Well, for what it's worth, our constitutional rights were undermined long ago, and to a far greater degree than the Patriot Act. Obviously I'm not condoning the Patriot Act, but if we look at history as a whole, I'd say that America in terms of respecting the constitution has been doing better so far than it was in the past.
  #40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-22-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
What's your point.
if you're saying that you think it'd be perfectly acceptable to go to war based on nothing but "morals" (which are subjective) with at least 50% of the entire world, then you are a damn fool.

Quote:
Civil rights are immeasureable and they are not there for the government to define; they are God-given.
some people believe gay marriage is a "civil right". should we go to war with every country that does not allow gay marriage. hello, civil war #2.

Quote:
That's why it's time to elect Barack Obama, truely the Jesus Christ of our modern times, into the highest office in the world. He's going to kick so much ass it's not even funny.
So do you honestly think that Barack Obama (who has said time and again that military force and involvement in sovereign countruies's affairs are not part of his agenda) would choose to meddle in the business of other countries in order to make them follow the US's standards? I think you may want to vote for McCain if htat's what you really believe in.

Tags
attack, iran, israel, november