Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#61 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2008, 01:12 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Xeno

View Posts: 20,731
Re: American Political Techniques of the 2008 Presidential Elections

Which technique is it when the democratic nomination for vice president openly admits that a former democratic opponent is not only more suited for VP choice, but more suited to be the democratic nomination for president as well?

Joe Biden Admits Hillary Clinton Might Have Been a Better VP Pick Wake Up America
  #62 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2008, 01:51 AM
Ask Not What Zaius Can Do For You
Send a message via AIM to Zaius Ex
View Posts: 5,960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Link View Post
Which technique is it when the democratic nomination for vice president openly admits that a former democratic opponent is not only more suited for VP choice, but more suited to be the democratic nomination for president as well?
It's a technique of not only praising Senator Hillary Clinton as a candidate but also speculating that the selection of Hillary Clinton would not have led the GOP to choose Sarah Palin, seeing as the reason she was chosen was to capitalize on disenfranchised Hillary Clinton voters. The whole rallying of the Republican base was an unforeseen side effect that frankly has no effect on this election whatsoever.
Zaius and I are much like the mongoose and the cobra, we are destined for battle time and time again, even if it is not in our territory. Of course, I'm the mongoose since I like having appendages, and Zaius seems like a cold-blooded creature.
Voted Best Theorist three times.
Voted Most Knowledgeable of Zelda three times.
Winner of TSA's Zelda Championship Tournament.
  #63 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Divinity Rests in Places Unseen
Send a message via AIM to Umi Send a message via Skype™ to Umi
View Posts: 1,556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Link View Post

Joe Biden Admits Hillary Clinton Might Have Been a Better VP Pick Wake Up America
Clinton was the winnging choice, but Biden was the smart choice. And when did he say she was more suited for the presidential nomination? He only said she was qualified. Not more qualified.

#64 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2008, 08:54 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Xeno

View Posts: 20,731

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZaius1 View Post
It's a technique of not only praising Senator Hillary Clinton as a candidate but also speculating that the selection of Hillary Clinton would not have led the GOP to choose Sarah Palin, seeing as the reason she was chosen was to capitalize on disenfranchised Hillary Clinton voters. The whole rallying of the Republican base was an unforeseen side effect that frankly has no effect on this election whatsoever.
I wouldn't count on it just yet.

Quote:
Clinton was the winnging choice, but Biden was the smart choice. And when did he say she was more suited for the presidential nomination? He only said she was qualified. Not more qualified.
Winning.

Did I say presidential nomination? My mistake. Rumors are spreading about that this might have been a slip up on Biden's end that Obama might be dropping him for Hilary. Who knows? It has happened before.
  #65 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2008, 11:27 PM
Am I the only person ____?
View Posts: 10,476

Sarah Palin gave the Republicans a boost. She was a risky, but apparently smart political choice. Yet I think this boon may be short lived and her appeal will wane as people become aware of her extreme views. I cannot wait to see her and Biden debate.

I'm happy that Obama picked Biden over Clinton. In fact, if he drops Biden in favor of Clinton, I would lose all respect for him and not vote.

Thanks to IGNIS for the amazing signature! NNID = Bill1989. Let's play Mario Kart!

Tags
2008, american, elections, political, presidential, techniques