Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#61 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Divinity Rests in Places Unseen
Send a message via AIM to Umi Send a message via Skype™ to Umi
View Posts: 1,556
Re: Drugs

From athealth.com

Quote:
A study of patients in a shock-trauma unit who had been in traffic accidents revealed that 15 percent of those who had been driving a car or motorcycle had been smoking marijuana, and another 17 percent had both THC and alcohol in their blood (17).

In one study conducted in Memphis, TN, researchers found that, of 150 reckless drivers who were tested for drugs at the arrest scene, 33 percent tested positive for marijuana, and 12 percent tested positive for both marijuana and cocaine (2).

Doctors advise pregnant women not to use any drugs because they might harm the growing fetus. One animal study has linked marijuana use to loss of the fetus very early in pregnancy.
The same does go for alcohol. It affects others all the same. Just because it is legal doesn't make it right, and actually, driving drunk is illegal, last time I checked.

Last Edited by Umi; 08-04-2008 at 11:07 PM. Reason:
  #62 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2008, 11:28 PM
Quod tu es, ego fui; quod nunc sum, et tu eris
View Posts: 6,192

There is a reason things like cocaine and speed, etc. are illegal.

Because they kill your body. I will happily post some before and after pictures if you would like to see what they do.

Caffeine won't do that to you.

Ангелы и демоны кружили надо мной
Рассекали тернии и млечные пути
Не знает счастья только тот,
Кто его зова понять не смог...

#63 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2008, 11:30 PM
There is no such thing as innocence. Only degrees of guilt.
Steam ID: The Arbitrator
View Posts: 9,232

Caffeine CAN kill you in copious amounts, but considering the amount of coffee I drank back in sixth-form, I'm still here, so yeah.

"Even should the heavens fall, let Justice prevail."
  #64 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2008, 11:31 PM

Anything can kill someone in large enough amounts.

#65 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2008, 11:36 PM
strummin on a streetlight
View Posts: 4,473

One drop of pure Nicotine is enough to kill a man immediately.
However, nicotine also helps aid certain functions of the brain. It aids in concentration, working memory, and learning.

Nootropic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nootropic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

#66 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Banned User
Send a message via AIM to nod flenders
View Posts: 2,022

drugs; not as big a deal as everyone makes them out to be.

also:
me, upon reading satori's post, to my friend: one tiny drop of pure nicotine is enough to immediately kill you
him: tell that to my cigarettes
  #67 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2008, 11:40 PM

There probably isn't even a drop in cigarettes, probably much, much less than that. Like, less than a few miligrams.

And I assume you're a drug user, which is why you don't want to believe they're bad for you, no?

#68 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2008, 11:44 PM

Nicotine is a poison, a highly addictive one when used in less than lethal doses, it might temporarily improve certain things, but it does it in such a way that makes the user completely dependant on it, steal a users cigarettes and watch them fail at everything.

Being addicted to drugs = fail. They destroy your mind and body. I could post you some horrible pictures.

You want better memory? Drink some tea with ginseng in it, non-addictive, healthy as hell for you, and it will help with the same things.

People just love trying to justify their mistakes, when in reality there was always a better choice, they simply refused to take it.

#69 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2008, 11:46 PM
Banned User

Quote:
And I assume you're a drug user, which is why you don't want to believe they're bad for you, no?
who said that.
  #70 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2008, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwizard View Post
who said that.
An assumption, which you could just as easily dismiss by telling me I'm wrong. It's usually the people who use drugs that try to defend their use, y'see.

#71 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2008, 11:49 PM

Quote:
drugs; not as big a deal as everyone makes them out to be.

also:
me, upon reading satori's post, to my friend: one tiny drop of pure nicotine is enough to immediately kill you
him: tell that to my cigarettes
lol, I smoke quite a bit. as 'louch says, there's not even a drop in an entire pack.

Also it depends upon the drugs you are talking about.

Weed brownies. Not a big deal. However, prolonged used will reduce certain abilities of the brain.

#72 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2008, 11:51 PM

Quote:
who said that.
This is what they refer to as "backpedaling", Lelou.

#73 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelouch View Post
An assumption, which you could just as easily dismiss by telling me I'm wrong. It's usually the people who use drugs that try to defend their use, y'see.
oh, well i just didn't know if you were talking to me or not.

and it's always the people who know nothing about drug use that attack it. ironic, is it not?

honestly, if people say it's not that bad, or that they like it and want to use it, then take their word for it, or try it yourself before deciding for everyone whether or not it's completely negative.

people think dying from drug abuse is worlds apart from dying naturally. i lawl at that.
  #74 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Unspoken
View Posts: 599

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluttonman View Post
Example: Most car accidents are caused by someone being drunk or "high". If drugs like marijuana were made legal, accidents would happen more often, as more people would have access to it.
Although I wouldn't recommend smoking a blunt then hopping into your car, marijuana is not nearly as detrimental to your coordination as alcohol is. From personal experience, you are much safer in a car with someone who has been using marijuana than someone who has been drinking. There are of course exceptions, but you will never smoke so much that you slur your words or vomit all over the place. When there are high levels of THC in your body, it just shuts down and you become essentially useless. I'm totally biased and totally defending my drug use, but whatever. I feel much more in control when I blaze then when I drink.
  #75 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2008, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravestyHelp View Post
Although I wouldn't recommend smoking a blunt then hopping into your car, marijuana is not nearly as detrimental to your coordination as alcohol is. From personal experience, you are much safer in a car with someone who has been using marijuana than someone who has been drinking. There are of course exceptions, but you will never smoke so much that you slur your words or vomit all over the place. When there are high levels of THC in your body, it just shuts down and you become essentially useless. I'm totally biased and totally defending my drug use, but whatever. I feel much more in control when I blaze then when I drink.
In general, I would agree with that. When I am blazed, I am either in complete control or I go into introvert mode and ignore everything except the thoughts in my head.

Alcohol: if you decide to drive, you better have a ****ing cup of coffee and some water with you and stay of the main streets.

#76 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2008, 11:58 PM

LULZ you don't puke because you aren't putting poison into your stomach.

And apparently you haven't heard yourself when you talk when you get high.
You don't sound intelligent.

#77 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2008, 11:58 PM

Quote:
oh, well i just didn't know if you were talking to me or not.
Well, are you a drug user?

Quote:
and it's always the people who know nothing about drug use that attack it. ironic, is it not?
Ahaha, no. It isn't simply "drugs are bad", there's a variety of reasons why they're bad, and we practically know them all off by heart

Quote:
honestly, if people say it's not that bad, or that they like it and want to use it, then take their word for it, or try it yourself before deciding for everyone whether or not it's completely negative.
"It's not so bad because I use drugs and I say it's okay" tells us nothing. That's a silly line of argument because those who've done their research know better. Now, if you want to use drugs, that's your personal choice, and if you like it, all the power to you, but there's no point in pretending that it doesn't cause harm because it does.

Plus, drugs are harmful not only because they trash the body of the person using them, but the fact that most drugs come from organised crime which causes harm to people around the world (I'd get mt stats but I can't find my file). If drugs were legalized you wouldn't have quite as much of that, but then you'd have to deal with the consequences of that, too.

Quote:
people think dying from drug abuse is worlds apart from dying naturally. i lawl at that.
Well it kind of is, considering drugs can cut your life short by making one simple mistake in their use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravestyHelp View Post
You know who you're much safer with in a car? Someone who's completely sober. Yeah.

Last Edited by Lord Zero; 08-05-2008 at 12:09 AM. Reason:
  #78 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-05-2008, 12:14 AM
Banned User

Quote:
"It's not so bad because I use drugs and I say it's okay"
what i said, word for word.

Quote:
That's a silly line of argument because those who've done their research know better.
no amount of researching anything can live up to experiencing said thing.

Quote:
Now, if you want to use drugs, that's your personal choice, and if you like it, all the power to you, but there's no point in pretending that it doesn't cause harm because it does.
no one's pretending anything. if someone wants to use drugs, then they'll know what it costs; more than money. stop acting like everyone is completely in the dark except the straight-edge people, who don't know first-hand what it can do..

Quote:
Plus, drugs are harmful not only because they trash the body of the person using them, but the fact that most drugs come from organised crime which causes harm to people around the world (I'd get mt stats but I can't find my file). If drugs were legalized you wouldn't have quite as much of that, but then you'd have to deal with the consequences of that, too.
that's grand, but those are specific instances. i've never heard of anything like that, but i'm sure not every single drug dealer everywhere is part of the mafia.

Quote:
Well it kind of is, considering drugs can cut your life short by making one simple mistake in their use.
'your', then, would refer to an idiot.

last but not least (i should have done this first)
Quote:
Well, are you a drug user?
everyone around me is, but i'm not. i'm 15, and so are my friends. all of them are potheads. and the only thing that's changed in the whole 10+ years of our friendship would be that. when they're high, i can hardly tell the difference from them. that's because they're the same on the inside, they just laugh at everything and eat more.
  #79 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Unspoken
View Posts: 599

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelouch View Post
You know who you're much safer with in a car? Someone who's completely sober. Yeah.
Of course, but put it in context.
  #80 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-05-2008, 12:24 AM

Dying from drug abuse IS world's away from dying a natural death.

What are you? Deficient?

I'm so close to showing you what long term drug use does to a person, just to smack that ridiculous notion you have in the face.

Sad that those pictures are far too grotesque to post.

Closed Thread

Tags
drugs