Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Our sunshine is not for franchise!
View Posts: 8,349
Re: Drugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheikahSage View Post
Caffien isn't a drug, its a food additive. Anyway, doing drugs is just plain stupid in my opinion. Using something that both gives you brain damage and puts you behind bars for 5 years (or longer if your selling the stuff) is a really dumb thing to do.
Caffeine is very much a drug. In fact, it has similar effects as cocaine except it's more addictive and more powerful. Personally, I would prefer if every drink which used caffeine switched to cocaine. After all, cocaine is only a dangerous, mind altering drug when snorted in it's pure version. When applied in very small amounts to a drink it's pretty much harmless.

Note: I meant to say that Caffeine is more addictive and powerful than cocaine. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear.
Last Edited by 8bit; 07-28-2008 at 03:22 PM. Reason:
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Field Marshall of the Sinestro Corps
View Posts: 340

Well, as a Christian, I see drugs as slow suicide. Some may use drugs in moderation, but eventually they will degrade your body to the point of illness. My view is, if we make attempts to prevent suicide, we should make attempts to prevent drug use.
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2008, 11:53 AM
The Last Prussian
View Posts: 610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
Well, as a Christian, I see drugs as slow suicide. Some may use drugs in moderation, but eventually they will degrade your body to the point of illness. My view is, if we make attempts to prevent suicide, we should make attempts to prevent drug use.
Err.

Caffine has a more harmful effect on your body than marijuana. Should we have that banned as well? Nicotine too.

I have a Heathen Heart. Odin, Thor & all in Asgard are my guides.

"If that cross goes up, I'm nailing someone to it" - Norse Pagan to a Klan member after interrupting their Blot.
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2008, 11:59 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 2,850

Caffene=good. It helps you get up
Medicine=good. It helps you get better
Crack=bad. It helps you be stupid.

"I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth."

#25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2008, 12:59 PM
The Last Prussian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benni View Post
Caffene=good. It helps you get up
Medicine=good. It helps you get better
Crack=bad. It helps you be stupid.
Caffine also stunts your growth.

"If that cross goes up, I'm nailing someone to it" - Norse Pagan to a Klan member after interrupting their Blot.
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2008, 01:05 PM
Operator please
View Posts: 8,629

The way I see it is this: if people use drugs, for whatever reason, and die because of it, they were obviously pretty stupid. It isn't hard to either stay away from them or stick to the more "manageable" ones. If these people die, they can no longer contributes to the gene pool, which means there is one less person having stupid progeny. That means, over time, the average human will hopefully get smarter.

Therefore, I support making most drugs legal. If you abuse them and die, your fault, suckahs.
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2008, 01:06 PM
ChildofTwilight ChildofTwilight is a female United States ChildofTwilight is offline
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 359

Quote:
Caffine also stunts your growth.
I like coffee...

As for my opinion on drugs, well, sometimes I think that if drugs were legal, then the hype for them would go drastically down along with the financial cost for them. I'm one to believe that by legalizing them, we might actually be preventing drug use (not for those already addicted of course). Then again, the thought of my children being able to easily buy lethal drugs is not appealing.

I say let's just legalize weed and we can all be happy!

Quote:
Therefore, I support making most drugs legal. If you abuse them and die, your fault, suckahs.
Would you feel this way even if the one affected by the drugs was someone close to you, like a parent or sibling?
Like Batman!
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2008, 01:13 PM
Operator please
View Posts: 8,629

Actually, I probably still would feel that way. I'm not exactly close with my parents. Although, I don't think my family belongs in the category of "uses possibly lethal drugs". They are far too upright and morally standing for that. >_>
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2008, 01:19 PM
Spirit of Seasons
Send a message via Skype™ to Trebel
Steam ID: trebel_rebel
View Posts: 1,543

I believe in recreational use of drugs i guess. I meen, I do use them when i get my hands on them, but mostly to get my mind off of things.

I can't touch beer because it tastes discusting, but I do enjoy some nice hard alc such as Jager or 151 (really comon i know...).

I won't touch needles because i am to afraid of contracting some disease that will affect me for the rest of my life. I used to smoke the marijauna, but of late, i am trying to find something that is a little more portable and wont make me smell like organic all day long... I enjoy the effects that exstacy and acid have upon the brain, for one i am an electronik junky, so i like listening to trip music while on the stuff. Uh... thats about it i guess...

Oh i used to robo trip on robotussen (a coff syrup) and also i would take about 15 benadryl to hallucinate. (don't try this, because a lethal dosage is around 20.) I have also taken oxycodone, vikadin, morphine, and other such stuff for recreational use.

I have been straight edge for about a month though, due to the fact that i have responsiblities and I am not good with responsibility when my mind is altered...

so yeh, thats my post sitting on 2 hours of sleep and massive amounts of caffeine... terrible spelling, but wuteva...
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzsche View Post
Err.

Caffine has a more harmful effect on your body than marijuana. Should we have that banned as well? Nicotine too.
I actually do think nicotine should be banned, since I don't use tobacco products.

As far as caffeine, I don't use caffeine, per se, it's just present in some of the foods I eat. I don't drink coffee for energy, and the only reason I drink energy drinks (specifically Monster) is because I like the taste; I think they actually make me sleepier. Marijuana, on the other hand, kills brain cells. I don't have that many brain cells left, so I'd just like to hang on to the one's I've got.
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2008, 01:56 PM
The Last Prussian

Quote:
I actually do think nicotine should be banned, since I don't use tobacco products.

As far as caffeine, I don't use caffeine, per se, it's just present in some of the foods I eat. I don't drink coffee for energy, and the only reason I drink energy drinks (specifically Monster) is because I like the taste; I think they actually make me sleepier. Marijuana, on the other hand, kills brain cells. I don't have that many brain cells left, so I'd just like to hang on to the one's I've got.
Errr, again. Marijuana doesn't kill any more brain cells than alcohol, less even. And you don't go home to beat your kids and spouse after getting high. Really, there's no reason to have anything banned.

#32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2008, 02:00 PM
ChildofTwilight ChildofTwilight is a female United States ChildofTwilight is offline
Zora Warrior

Quote:
and the only reason I drink energy drinks (specifically Monster) is because I like the taste; I think they actually make me sleepier.
I know what you mean. Although I can't drink energy drinks anymore, since they always upset my stomach it seems, I do remember them making me sleepy, which is odd. I try to stay away from too much caffeine, high levels of it make my stomach feel like it's being stabbed. I didn't want to give up my coffee though, so now I drink a lot of decaffeinated coffee and caffeine free pop. Did you know that decaf coffee is not completely decaffeinated though? There are still low levels of caffeine in it. When my husband and I drink it together in the mornings, he still prefers caffeinated, so I try mixing caffeinated and decaf together, so he gets his caffeine without me having to sacrifice my tummy.

Boy, coffee sounds good right now...
Like Batman!
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2008, 02:03 PM
SCIENTIST Jwal SCIENTIST Jwal is a female United States SCIENTIST Jwal is offline
Ask me about my mushrooms!
Send a message via Skype™ to SCIENTIST Jwal

View Posts: 4,962

Hi, I'm Jhale. I'm a drug addict. My drug of choice is caffine. It is found in soda, tea, chocolate, and in a variety of fruits and vegetables.

Anyway, of the illegal drugs right now, I would say legalize weed. Think of the economic effects on it. Weed is cheaper = more money for munchies = stimulated economy

[My Zelda Wiki Page]
Jwal's Shop:FB|dA|Etsy
FC: 1332-7760-5087
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Errr, again. Marijuana doesn't kill any more brain cells than alcohol, less even. And you don't go home to beat your kids and spouse after getting high. Really, there's no reason to have anything banned.
Well, I don't support alcohol use either. Alcohol has more adverse effects that killing brain cells; even if you're not an alcoholic, drinking alcohol can have a collective effect on you health after repeated use.
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2008, 02:52 PM
The Last Prussian

Quote:
Well, I don't support alcohol use either. Alcohol has more adverse effects that killing brain cells; even if you're not an alcoholic, drinking alcohol can have a collective effect on you health after repeated use.
Maybe so, but does that give you an excuse to ban it?

#36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Maybe so, but does that give you an excuse to ban it?
As I've said before, if we as a society take steps to prevent suicide, then we should take steps to prevent all types of suicides; intentional, unintentional, slow, or quick. We should prevent people from harming themselves, just as you would try to stop someone who was cutting themselves. Drug use is just another form of cutting yourself; damaging yourself to alleviate emotional pain, only with drugs it's internal. That can make it much more dangerous.
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2008, 03:43 PM
Zora Warrior

Although I see what you're saying Zauriel, you do realize that the same could be said for fast food and extreme athletic training?
Like Batman!
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildofTwilight View Post
Although I see what you're saying Zauriel, you do realize that the same could be said for fast food and extreme athletic training?
True; fast food is evil, but I just can't get away from Jack-In-The-Box.....anyways, I do think there should be more standards and practices in both areas; in fast-food because any R&D "chef" at a fast food company could slap anything together and call it "new" *cough* McDonald's *cough* southern style chicken sandwich *cough, cough* without any qualms of how healthy it is. As far as extreme athletic training, I think that's bad also, having experienced it. I wrestled in high school, and there was always pressure to improve technically, get stronger, and more importantly, make weight, so I was in situations where I was in the weight room, benching 300 pounds and doing 200 pound squats and I hadn't eaten in days. Working out right and smart isn't bad, since it has no adverse effects if you know what you're doing. It's not for enjoyment (though extreme forms usually are) it's for improvement of health.
Last Edited by Thaal Sinestro; 07-28-2008 at 05:01 PM. Reason:
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2008, 04:27 PM
strummin on a streetlight
3DS ID: 3626-0056-0517
View Posts: 4,482

I'm on drugs right now.
I don't want to spam all of ZU saying that (quite tempting really).
However, I do want people to know.
So I found this to be the most appropriate place to do so.

I smoked weed at 2:30, but I'm fairly certain that my "friend" laced it with mushrooms.
I'm not certain, but I've smoked enough weed to know that it doesn't do this to me.

Anything posted by me since 2:30 should be read with that in mind.

#40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2008, 04:29 PM
SCIENTIST Jwal SCIENTIST Jwal is a female United States SCIENTIST Jwal is offline
Ask me about my mushrooms!
Send a message via Skype™ to SCIENTIST Jwal

View Posts: 4,962

I think that McDonald's has some happy drugs or something in their frying oil. When I am feeling pissy/emo/PMS, their french fries make me happy.

[My Zelda Wiki Page]
Jwal's Shop:FB|dA|Etsy
FC: 1332-7760-5087
Closed Thread

Tags
drugs