Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #201 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2008, 05:30 PM
Virtigo Virtigo is offline
The more you praise me, the less worthy I sound.
Send a message via AIM to Virtigo
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Texas
View Posts: 709
Re: Gay Marriage

Those that still have some cognitive function can sign and acknowledge, and they have advocacy groups to ease them through the legal process of marriage.

Those who cannot also have their parents, legal guardians, and legal advocates.
Reply With Quote
  #202 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2008, 05:54 PM
John John is a male Canada John is offline
May those who accept their fate be granted happiness...
Send a message via Skype™ to John
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Canada
View Posts: 22,045
Re: Gay Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames of Valor View Post
So should metally handicapped people be denied marriage?
Potentially? Yes.

However, the person would have to be unable to give consent, and that takes quite a mental handicap.
__________________
...Those who defy it, glory!

Public Key ID: 057420A1
Reply With Quote
  #203 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2008, 06:02 PM
Liquid Fire Liquid Fire is a male United Kingdom Liquid Fire is offline
Oath to Order
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: London, England
View Posts: 1,556
Re: Gay Marriage

As a gay guy (please don't poke or stare) I kinda like the idea of getting married in the future, sure its not ACTUALLY a holy union in the eyes of 'god' because if it were . . . I'm pretty sure the place the ceremony was being held would sink right into 'hell'

Its a civil partnership, pretty much the same as a wedding your just cutting out the (false) deity and replacing it simply with the law.
Reply With Quote
  #204 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Flames of Valor United States Flames of Valor is offline
Sapere aude
Join Date: Feb 2005
View Posts: 5,398
Re: Gay Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtigo View Post
Those that still have some cognitive function can sign and acknowledge, and they have advocacy groups to ease them through the legal process of marriage.

Those who cannot also have their parents, legal guardians, and legal advocates.
So then a horse can have an advocacy group. Well we better start letting people marry animals and Captain Crunch boxes.
__________________

To remember friendship is to recall those
conversations that it seemed a sin to break off.

- Christopher Hitchens -
Reply With Quote
  #205 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Conde Conde is a male Guatemala Conde is offline
In Nicki we trust.
Join Date: Dec 2006
View Posts: 6,796
Re: Gay Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames of Valor View Post
So then a horse can have an advocacy group. Well we better start letting people marry animals and Captain Crunch boxes.
There's no person in the world is sexually attracted to another specie.

Your logic fails hard. Lisent to your mind, no to your thoughts.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #206 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2008, 07:55 PM
Virtigo Virtigo is offline
The more you praise me, the less worthy I sound.
Send a message via AIM to Virtigo
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Texas
View Posts: 709
Re: Gay Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames of Valor View Post
So then a horse can have an advocacy group. Well we better start letting people marry animals and Captain Crunch boxes.


No. No they cannot. A mentally retarded person who is deemed unable to understand and support themselves is not considered eligible for marriage, but those that can are free to marry.

Do you plan on carrying this charade on for much longer? It's a waste of our time.
Reply With Quote
  #207 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Zaius Ex Zaius Ex is a male United States Zaius Ex is offline
Ask Not What Zaius Can Do For You
Send a message via AIM to Zaius Ex
Join Date: Mar 2003
View Posts: 5,960
Re: Gay Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by exidid View Post
There's no person in the world is sexually attracted to another specie.

Your logic fails hard. Lisent to your mind, no to your thoughts.
Actually, you're wrong on that one. How do you explain all the man on animal/animal on man porn floating around? Some guy just died from being sodomized from a horse, if you hadn't heard the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames of Valor View Post
So then a horse can have an advocacy group. Well we better start letting people marry animals and Captain Crunch boxes.
None of the above can sign any of the legal documents that a signature is required for when it comes to a legal marriage license.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discussion View Post
Zaius and I are much like the mongoose and the cobra, we are destined for battle time and time again, even if it is not in our territory. Of course, I'm the mongoose since I like having appendages, and Zaius seems like a cold-blooded creature.
Voted Best Theorist three times.
Voted Most Knowledgeable of Zelda three times.
Winner of TSA's Zelda Championship Tournament.
Reply With Quote
  #208 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Chad Chad is a male United States Chad is offline
Hiroshi Yamauchi. Former president of Nintendo. Rest in peace.
Send a message via Yahoo to Chad
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Alabama
View Posts: 9,373
Re: Gay Marriage

At this point I just wish people would stop playing the "it happens in the wild" card. Yeah, a lot of things happen in the wild: Murder, infantacide, kidnapping, stealing, enslaving, ect.

Now, I'm neutral on homosexuality because the best thing I can think of for opposing it is that I don't like the idea. I don't support it because I don't like it, and I don't oppose it because I can't think of a way that it harm society to the extent that many illegal acts do.

However, I would still like people to stop using the fact that other species do something as a reason that it's ok. Because the things I listed abve that happen in the wild are illiegal, and the fact that "everyone else does it" isn't going to float in court if someone tries to legalize it.
__________________


......................................../`````````````````````````````````````````\
.........TWW-PH-ST-(LoZ-AoL)-(OoX)-TMC-FS-FSA-ALttP-LA-(OoX)-(LoZ-AoL)
OoT<.............................................. \____________________/
.........MM-TP
Reply With Quote
  #209 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Lucky Seven Lucky Seven is offline
Mogma
Join Date: Dec 2007
View Posts: 164
Re: Gay Marriage

Quote:
However, I would still like people to stop using the fact that other species do something as a reason that it's ok.
As far as I have seen, so far in this thread people have used that argument against the claim that Homosexuality isnt natural. In that context, it is completely valid. (Kind of Like what DrZaius said)
__________________

Medizin's allegiance lies with Majora's Mask, and so does mine.
Majora's Mask, Play it again? - Linktomyass' impressions.
Reply With Quote
  #210 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Zaius Ex Zaius Ex is a male United States Zaius Ex is offline
Ask Not What Zaius Can Do For You
Send a message via AIM to Zaius Ex
Join Date: Mar 2003
View Posts: 5,960
Re: Gay Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphnes View Post
At this point I just wish people would stop playing the "it happens in the wild" card. Yeah, a lot of things happen in the wild: Murder, infantacide, kidnapping, stealing, enslaving, ect.

Now, I'm neutral on homosexuality because the best thing I can think of for opposing it is that I don't like the idea. I don't support it because I don't like it, and I don't oppose it because I can't think of a way that it harm society to the extent that many illegal acts do.

However, I would still like people to stop using the fact that other species do something as a reason that it's ok. Because the things I listed abve that happen in the wild are illiegal, and the fact that "everyone else does it" isn't going to float in court if someone tries to legalize it.
The fact that homosexuality exists in the wild shows that it isn't caused by a bunch of weirdos who have serious issues and it happens to be genetic.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discussion View Post
Zaius and I are much like the mongoose and the cobra, we are destined for battle time and time again, even if it is not in our territory. Of course, I'm the mongoose since I like having appendages, and Zaius seems like a cold-blooded creature.
Voted Best Theorist three times.
Voted Most Knowledgeable of Zelda three times.
Winner of TSA's Zelda Championship Tournament.
Reply With Quote
  #211 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2008, 09:15 PM
Chad Chad is a male United States Chad is offline
Hiroshi Yamauchi. Former president of Nintendo. Rest in peace.
Send a message via Yahoo to Chad
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Alabama
View Posts: 9,373
Re: Gay Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZaius1 View Post
The fact that homosexuality exists in the wild shows that it isn't caused by a bunch of weirdos who have serious issues and it happens to be genetic.
I suppose. I do lean towards it being genetic. If it was just a lifestyle choice, then more people would go back to being straight instead of risking their lives like they do/did in some places.
__________________


......................................../`````````````````````````````````````````\
.........TWW-PH-ST-(LoZ-AoL)-(OoX)-TMC-FS-FSA-ALttP-LA-(OoX)-(LoZ-AoL)
OoT<.............................................. \____________________/
.........MM-TP
Reply With Quote
  #212 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Lucky Seven Lucky Seven is offline
Mogma
Join Date: Dec 2007
View Posts: 164
Re: Gay Marriage

Quote:
I suppose. I do lean towards it being genetic. If it was just a lifestyle choice, then more people would go back to being straight instead of risking their lives like they do/did in some places.
No choice does not equal a Genetic cause. (Just for the sake of the argument).
Quote:
i think i should stay outta this one. i dont want to be hated by the community.
You shouldnt be afraid of posting just because you think someone might not like it.
__________________

Medizin's allegiance lies with Majora's Mask, and so does mine.
Majora's Mask, Play it again? - Linktomyass' impressions.
Last Edited by Lucky Seven; 01-10-2008 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #213 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Skootle United_States Skootle is offline
Gerudo Thief
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Moving to Las vegas =(
View Posts: 122
Re: Gay Marriage

No matter what your stance one gay marriage is, I don't think anyone can deny the fact that a man can love another man.
Reading some of the posts, I think people forget WHY gays want to get married. it's because they love eachother, not because they want to start a huge fight/debate.
__________________
~Skootle~

Thanks to Prince Deity for the sig!
"What was the start of all this?
When did the cogs of fate begin to turn?" ~Chrono Cross
Rip open the universe and GO GET ROSE!
Help a budding author, read this!
OR check the blog of a homeschooler =)
Reply With Quote
  #214 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Zaius Ex Zaius Ex is a male United States Zaius Ex is offline
Ask Not What Zaius Can Do For You
Send a message via AIM to Zaius Ex
Join Date: Mar 2003
View Posts: 5,960
Re: Gay Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skootle View Post
No matter what your stance one gay marriage is, I don't think anyone can deny the fact that a man can love another man.
Reading some of the posts, I think people forget WHY gays want to get married. it's because they love eachother, not because they want to start a huge fight/debate.
Tax reasons are an incentive as well.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discussion View Post
Zaius and I are much like the mongoose and the cobra, we are destined for battle time and time again, even if it is not in our territory. Of course, I'm the mongoose since I like having appendages, and Zaius seems like a cold-blooded creature.
Voted Best Theorist three times.
Voted Most Knowledgeable of Zelda three times.
Winner of TSA's Zelda Championship Tournament.
Reply With Quote
  #215 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-11-2008, 07:38 AM
John John is a male Canada John is offline
May those who accept their fate be granted happiness...
Send a message via Skype™ to John
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Canada
View Posts: 22,045
Re: Gay Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by exidid View Post
There's no person in the world is sexually attracted to another specie.

Your logic fails hard. Lisent to your mind, no to your thoughts.
Not true, actually. It's called bestiality and is not all that uncommon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphnes View Post
However, I would still like people to stop using the fact that other species do something as a reason that it's ok. Because the things I listed abve that happen in the wild are illiegal, and the fact that "everyone else does it" isn't going to float in court if someone tries to legalize it.
It's not being used as a reason to legalize it, it's been used to counter the argument that it isn't natural.
__________________
...Those who defy it, glory!

Public Key ID: 057420A1
Reply With Quote
  #216 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-11-2008, 12:16 PM
Flames of Valor United States Flames of Valor is offline
Sapere aude
Join Date: Feb 2005
View Posts: 5,398
Re: Gay Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by exidid View Post
There's no person in the world is sexually attracted to another specie.

Your logic fails hard. Lisent to your mind, no to your thoughts.
You don't know that for sure. Besides if you start letting gays marry then you have to let other people marry whatever the hell they want. If people can help a monkey run for mayor then I think we can help them get married too. Non-human electoral candidates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
No. No they cannot. A mentally retarded person who is deemed unable to understand and support themselves is not considered eligible for marriage, but those that can are free to marry.

Do you plan on carrying this charade on for much longer? It's a waste of our time.
Not a charade, just a point.
__________________

To remember friendship is to recall those
conversations that it seemed a sin to break off.

- Christopher Hitchens -
Last Edited by Flames of Valor; 01-11-2008 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #217 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Ogmios22188 United_States Ogmios22188 is offline
Why so serious?
Send a message via AIM to Ogmios22188
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New York
View Posts: 2,740
Re: Gay Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames of Valor View Post
You don't know that for sure. Besides if you start letting gays marry then you have to let other people marry whatever the hell they want. If people can help a monkey run for mayor then I think we can help them get married too.
I still don't see why you can't realize there's a difference between two people of the same species marrying, regardless of gender, and someone marrying an animal or an object. There's just no comparison, as others have shown.
__________________

Thanks to Malony for the amazing avatar and signature.
Reply With Quote
  #218 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-11-2008, 12:32 PM
Redonkulous Homunculus United States Redonkulous Homunculus is offline
Link is hanging from my pamp qwitch!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: right here.
View Posts: 13,407
Re: Gay Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skootle View Post
^ first time I saw porn I was shocked.
to a kid, porn looks like a scary wrestling match. it IS confusing for a child to withness sex with no knowledge of it. it's weird and gross to them, and actually, one time, my ex (when he was little) heard his parents having sex and went in the room and asked "why is mommy crying?"

so yes, a kid could be confused about sex and when you allow a kid to figure stuff out for themselves, sometimed\s they an come up with a harmless explanation or rationalizatiion, other times, they may just be scared or disturbed. especially if they come to assume the type of sex they see in porn is how all sex is. they'd grow up with that mentality, and it's possible that they may never be taught otherwise.

anyhoo- I've defended my poition on porn, although it's off topic...

but I've already stated my opinion on gays and gay marriage.

I think it's not fair that 2 people who happen to be of the opposite sex can be able to get health benefits and tax breaks, but if 2 people of the same sex, who love each other just as much and have the same level of devotion to each other and want to build a life together, they have to try to get by the harder and more expensive way.
EXAMPLE:
say a married woman's husband gets prostate cancer and the husband is covered by the woman's health insurance. they can get better/cheaper treatment and support. But if a man in a gay couple gets cancer, he can't get benefits through his partner's insurance (although SOME insurance companies DO have domestic partner benefits, many don't). they have to bankrupt themselves to get treatment and they suffer more because financial hardship often can take a toll on one's overall happiness and drains one's sense of hope, and maybe the man even suffers and/or dies due to lack of proper coverage.

both scenarios involve a pair of loving, devoted partners, but one couple has to suffer more because the government wants to impose the opinion of the moral majority on them. how is that fair?
__________________
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8516&dateline=1360969  553
"Always make graphs. You'll never accomplish anything in life without graphs." -SacredSturgeon
Reply With Quote
  #219 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Ogmios22188 United_States Ogmios22188 is offline
Why so serious?
Send a message via AIM to Ogmios22188
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New York
View Posts: 2,740
Re: Gay Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margar View Post
but I've already stated my opinion on gays and gay marriage.

I think it's not fair that 2 people who happen to be of the opposite sex can be able to get health benefits and tax breaks, but if 2 people of the same sex, who love each other just as much and have the same level of devotion to each other and want to build a life together, they have to try to get by the harder and more expensive way.
EXAMPLE:
say a married woman's husband gets prostate cancer and the husband is covered by the woman's health insurance. they can get better/cheaper treatment and support. But if a man in a gay couple gets cancer, he can't get benefits through his partner's insurance (although SOME insurance companies DO have domestic partner benefits, many don't). they have to bankrupt themselves to get treatment and they suffer more because financial hardship often can take a toll on one's overall happiness and drains one's sense of hope, and maybe the man even suffers and/or dies due to lack of proper coverage.

both scenarios involve a pair of loving, devoted partners, but one couple has to suffer more because the government wants to impose the opinion of the moral majority on them. how is that fair?
It isn't. That's why gays should be able to have something available to them. Make it marriage without the name. It doesn't really matter, as long as the result is the same.
__________________

Thanks to Malony for the amazing avatar and signature.
Reply With Quote
  #220 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Flames of Valor United States Flames of Valor is offline
Sapere aude
Join Date: Feb 2005
View Posts: 5,398
Re: Gay Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogmios22188 View Post
I still don't see why you can't realize there's a difference between two people of the same species marrying, regardless of gender, and someone marrying an animal or an object. There's just no comparison, as others have shown.
And I can say the same thing about heterosexuals and homosexuals. until you realise it I will keep pointing this out.
__________________

To remember friendship is to recall those
conversations that it seemed a sin to break off.

- Christopher Hitchens -
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gay, marriage


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 AM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -