Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #41 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-18-2006, 08:09 PM
Hyperbadox United_States Hyperbadox is offline
When life gives you AIDS, make lemonAIDS.
Send a message via AIM to Hyperbadox
Join Date: Nov 2006
View Posts: 675
Re: Animal Cruelty Video (WARNING!:Not Suitable For All Ages)

Quote:
Originally Posted by | Subliminal | View Post
I have no problem with this in a sense. Some people want fur clothing, or fur decor. Imagine, You have a job, and it is extremely boring and horrible, but if you want you can spice it up. Would you? Its not like the workers HAVE to do that. Its just that group of people doing it in that matter. Im not saying its just THAT group but, the way they do it is how they choose, they don't tell you how to do your job, so don't tell them how to do theirs. Howeveer cruel it is, Its what feeds their families.
How could you say that? There's other ways to get the fur off of animals without torturing them. They peeled the skin off the raccoons while they were still alive! They could have put it to sleep first, right?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #42 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-18-2006, 08:51 PM
Aerorian Aerorian is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Within Midnight
View Posts: 6,455
Re: Animal Cruelty Video (WARNING!:Not Suitable For All Ages)

Indeed. Like fishing, I always knocked the fish unconscious or even to death whenever I caught one. That way, they didn't have to suffer the pain of having no oxygen going through their gills, etc, while laying in the cooler waiting to be cooked.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-19-2006, 11:24 PM
LiaT United_States LiaT is offline
Goron
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Southeast New York,USA
View Posts: 232
Re: Animal Cruelty Video (WARNING!:Not Suitable For All Ages)

i wasn't shocked at all not even a bit of remorse
every culture is differnt
we see this as torture, they see it as work - this is not torture the are not doing this just to hurt the animal or sadistic glee- (second can sometimes apply)
~How could you say that? There's other ways to get the fur off of animals without torturing them. They peeled the skin off the raccoons while they were still alive! They could have put it to sleep first, right?~
well the might not have any money for that and see it as useless

-Pointless barbarity, just what one has come to expect of the human race.-
not if you were from the olden days, people who made money (fur traders) would do this think about it would you kill an animal for its fur and be done with it or peel it let it regrow and reap the awards again
some people say nature is a nice place
its not it is an insanly cruel and harsh we survive because of our adaptions and ablity to survive off the resources around us

i do agree if you're gonna kill it ,do it fast and efficently
chances are that there not gonna eat it so why kill it

~What angers me is how people think that humans are the ultimate rulers of this world. What makes our species so special? Our intellegence? ~
yes, yes it does, that and our adaptablity thats why we are the dominent beings on the planet
~I'd LOVE to see a wolf shot a human for revenge!.....animals have feelings too.........you just gotta understand that.....~ really, what side are you on?
you'd like the animals to get revenge simply for being lower on the food chain
then someone might say what if that would happen to you, well then we humans would band to gether and smite them thats how we work if theres a big problem we work together to combat it, we'll simply climb back to the top
~Yes, without humans the world would be fine, we're torturing animals and we're making greenhouse gases too, animals should get a say in what we do to the planet.~
......and how would they debate their problems to us?
without humans the world would be just like it was before the industrail revolution
see not until we started using huge amounts of fuels and creating huge globs of pollution
the impact humans made was relativly small (as a species) sure some species have been wiped out that simply means they couldn't survive that the basis of Survival of The Fittest
~This is the most inhumane thing I have ever seen~
technicly animals can't be humane they just chose what gets the job done easier, most hunter animals will slice up an animal bigger than it aand simply watch it bleed to death from a distance, is that humane that it just hurt it and watched it die?

in the end pointless killing is always wrong but this video is no an example of that
and shame for animal rights groups to think it is
__________________
reason 100 you know your playing too much zelda:
You walk in to a bank with a bomb on your face saying give me all your money or i'll press the B button

Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to a man, and he'll warm for the rest of his life

Twilight Princess has been released
And thus, a horrible new breed of fanfiction has been born
Last Edited by LiaT; 11-19-2006 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-20-2006, 03:38 PM
kiri kiri is offline
Misanthropic Thriller night baby
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dreamland
View Posts: 128
Re: Animal Cruelty Video (WARNING!:Not Suitable For All Ages)

The video didn't bother me one bit. 0_0


But the very LEAST they could have done is kill the animal painlessly or knock the animal unconsious.
Some people are so sick and sadsitic. It's not that hard. This makes me glad I'm not an animal.

And if they HAVE to skin the animal alive, they could atleast put the animal to sleep or knock it unconsious.
__________________
Zu's sociopathic as$hole.
Last Edited by kiri; 11-21-2006 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-20-2006, 04:21 PM
lost_souls United_States lost_souls is offline
Skyloftian
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: the edge of sanity
View Posts: 693
Re: Animal Cruelty Video (WARNING!:Not Suitable For All Ages)

Quote:
And if they HAVE to skin the animal alive, they could atleast put the animal to sleep or knock it unconsious.
I'm not sure about the skining part but if the animal is being used for food they can't put it to sleep, mainly because people will be eating the animal and they don;t want an animal that has been pumped full god knows what to put it to sleep. I don't like the idea of doing it this way but I'm pretty sure that thats why they do it.

Did you know that when they make lobster they cook the lobster while its still live, does anyone know the reason they do this?
__________________
Lost Souls says:OoT/MM-TP-OoS/OoA-tWW/PH-tMC-FS/FSA-aLttP/LA-LoZ/AoL is the timeline I have.

Lost_Souls says: Games between 100% LoZ, AoL, aLttP, OoT, MM, OoA, tWW, TP. Games beaten LA, OoS, tMC running through the stories of FS/FSA to find evdince.

Lost_souls says: that's right I'm back!
Reply With Quote
  #46 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-21-2006, 03:41 PM
kiri kiri is offline
Misanthropic Thriller night baby
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dreamland
View Posts: 128
Re: Animal Cruelty Video (WARNING!:Not Suitable For All Ages)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_souls View Post
I'm not sure about the skining part but if the animal is being used for food they can't put it to sleep, mainly because people will be eating the animal and they don;t want an animal that has been pumped full god knows what to put it to sleep. I don't like the idea of doing it this way but I'm pretty sure that thats why they do it.

Did you know that when they make lobster they cook the lobster while its still live, does anyone know the reason they do this?
I never said anything about eating the animal.
If they have to eat the animal the could shoot it in the head.
Maybe they cook lobsters alive is beacause they wanted it to be super fresh.
0_o
And anyway I wasn't sad when the wolf was tortured at all. It didn't bother me, not one bit.
Am I gonna cry or be sad beacuse of this? nah! It's not gonna affect my life.
I could care less if a boy in europe is beating his dog or stabbing a worm to death.
I used cut worms, squish ants and throw rocks at birds for fun when I was younger.
Maybe that's the reason im so insensitve about things like this.And there's this annoying vegitarian in my class that showed a video like this to our class, trying to make us feel bad for eating meat.The people who show graphic images of animals being tortured, just to make people go vegitarian
and agree with them are almost as bad as the people that tortured the animal.I have seen many videos like this, but Im not going vegan by pretending to make a differance.*sigh* It's nature for animals to kill animals. For something to live something else must die.
As simple as that.

Why do people make a big fuss when factories kill chickens, but not care whn a deer is being ripped
apart by wolves?
__________________
Zu's sociopathic as$hole.
Last Edited by kiri; 11-21-2006 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #47 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-21-2006, 03:48 PM
lost_souls United_States lost_souls is offline
Skyloftian
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: the edge of sanity
View Posts: 693
Re: Animal Cruelty Video (WARNING!:Not Suitable For All Ages)

Quote:
I never said anything about eating the animal.
If they have to eat the animal the could shoot it in the head.


Maybe they cook lobsters alive is beacause they wanted it to be super fresh.
0_o
Then I have no clue I mean its pointles to do it like that. I guess you'd have to asked someone doing it themselves to see why...

That's kind of sick I mean how would they like to be boiled alive so they taste fresher!
__________________
Lost Souls says:OoT/MM-TP-OoS/OoA-tWW/PH-tMC-FS/FSA-aLttP/LA-LoZ/AoL is the timeline I have.

Lost_Souls says: Games between 100% LoZ, AoL, aLttP, OoT, MM, OoA, tWW, TP. Games beaten LA, OoS, tMC running through the stories of FS/FSA to find evdince.

Lost_souls says: that's right I'm back!
Reply With Quote
  #48 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-21-2006, 11:42 PM
LiaT United_States LiaT is offline
Goron
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Southeast New York,USA
View Posts: 232
Re: Animal Cruelty Video (WARNING!:Not Suitable For All Ages)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_souls View Post
Then I have no clue I mean its pointles to do it like that. I guess you'd have to asked someone doing it themselves to see why...

That's kind of sick I mean how would they like to be boiled alive so they taste fresher!
i don't know why they just taste better
a reason people don't care about fish or lobsters are because they don't clearly show emotion or pain, i mean when you gut a fish it jumps but it doesn't cry or scream it squirms and surcumbs

humans are animals we're just really smart animals
animals kill, rip apart, and eat animals
and use whatever we want from them

why don't they just kill the animal- i have already made this point, if they keep it alive they can grow another coat and well just skin them again, and again

then knock it out- i think they tried to do that when they slammed their head on the ground
__________________
reason 100 you know your playing too much zelda:
You walk in to a bank with a bomb on your face saying give me all your money or i'll press the B button

Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to a man, and he'll warm for the rest of his life

Twilight Princess has been released
And thus, a horrible new breed of fanfiction has been born
Reply With Quote
  #49 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-22-2006, 12:06 AM
lost_souls United_States lost_souls is offline
Skyloftian
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: the edge of sanity
View Posts: 693
Re: Animal Cruelty Video (WARNING!:Not Suitable For All Ages)

Quote:
don't know why they just taste better
a reason people don't care about fish or lobsters are because they don't clearly show emotion or pain, i mean when you gut a fish it jumps but it doesn't cry or scream it squirms and surcumbs
What!! have you ever seen a lobster being cooked! they scream (well skwell) bloody murder! so where is no really logic to that statement.

Quote:
humans are animals we're just really smart animals
animals kill, rip apart, and eat animals
and use whatever we want from them
thats whats funny about humans they say that they are better then animals and then they turn around and do stuff like this and their reply, "we are animals" how does that work?

Quote:
why don't they just kill the animal- i have already made this point, if they keep it alive they can grow another coat and well just skin them again, and again
Ah, for the skinning part. Well that kind of makes sense (no matter how creepy that is) I guess people will do anything to get the best deal.

Quote:
then knock it out- i think they tried to do that when they slammed their head on the ground
thats a pretty interesting way to do what... you'll brake their neck faster then knocking them out which probably is better huh?
__________________
Lost Souls says:OoT/MM-TP-OoS/OoA-tWW/PH-tMC-FS/FSA-aLttP/LA-LoZ/AoL is the timeline I have.

Lost_Souls says: Games between 100% LoZ, AoL, aLttP, OoT, MM, OoA, tWW, TP. Games beaten LA, OoS, tMC running through the stories of FS/FSA to find evdince.

Lost_souls says: that's right I'm back!
Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2006, 01:54 AM
Aerorian Aerorian is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Within Midnight
View Posts: 6,455
Re: Animal Cruelty Video (WARNING!:Not Suitable For All Ages)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_souls View Post
What!! have you ever seen a lobster being cooked! they scream (well skwell) bloody murder! so where is no really logic to that statement.
Science says it's just the water temperature hitting the meat, causing sound or air to escape from the uncooked shell.

Lobster doesn't really scream Have you ever heard of a lobster screaming in the ocean when it's being eaten? I guess not. So we can't really use only one side of the argument and immediately try to imply that we shouldn't cook a lobster or something.

I believe even when the lobster is dead or "unconscious", the sound/air will still provide that screaming sound effect.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #51 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2006, 08:57 PM
lost_souls United_States lost_souls is offline
Skyloftian
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: the edge of sanity
View Posts: 693
Re: Animal Cruelty Video (WARNING!:Not Suitable For All Ages)

Quote:
Lobster doesn't really scream Have you ever heard of a lobster screaming in the ocean when it's being eaten? I guess not. So we can't really use only one side of the argument and immediately try to imply that we shouldn't cook a lobster or something.
have you ever tried screaming underwater? It doesn't work very well so the statement about them screaming in the ocean really doesn't work. Your last statement makes no sense what so every I'm not implying that we shouldn't cook lobster I'm saying that we should at least not have it awake when you do it. Mammals wimper when they are hurt, bird show feeling of pain, and I believe replites probably do to, so if they feel pain why not fish?? Besides your theory on them not screaming doesn't work. You need vocal cords to scream ot even make sounds! Most couldn't make sounds of they wanted to.
__________________
Lost Souls says:OoT/MM-TP-OoS/OoA-tWW/PH-tMC-FS/FSA-aLttP/LA-LoZ/AoL is the timeline I have.

Lost_Souls says: Games between 100% LoZ, AoL, aLttP, OoT, MM, OoA, tWW, TP. Games beaten LA, OoS, tMC running through the stories of FS/FSA to find evdince.

Lost_souls says: that's right I'm back!
Reply With Quote
  #52 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2006, 09:10 PM
LiaT United_States LiaT is offline
Goron
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Southeast New York,USA
View Posts: 232
Re: Animal Cruelty Video (WARNING!:Not Suitable For All Ages)

you can't really feel bad for fish though
i mean honestly
when you first had a fish in your hand and were told to gut it
it panting in your hand unblinking did you wonder how cruel this was or how gross this was gonna be
but yeah if the lobsters awake it can move around and freak you out
__________________
reason 100 you know your playing too much zelda:
You walk in to a bank with a bomb on your face saying give me all your money or i'll press the B button

Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to a man, and he'll warm for the rest of his life

Twilight Princess has been released
And thus, a horrible new breed of fanfiction has been born
Reply With Quote
  #53 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2006, 09:18 PM
lost_souls United_States lost_souls is offline
Skyloftian
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: the edge of sanity
View Posts: 693
Re: Animal Cruelty Video (WARNING!:Not Suitable For All Ages)

I hvae a question, do lobsters try to get away when you do this? if they do then I'm pretty sure that is a pain reflex if they don't then maybe I'm wrong but thats the only way to tell since they can't blank or scream.
__________________
Lost Souls says:OoT/MM-TP-OoS/OoA-tWW/PH-tMC-FS/FSA-aLttP/LA-LoZ/AoL is the timeline I have.

Lost_Souls says: Games between 100% LoZ, AoL, aLttP, OoT, MM, OoA, tWW, TP. Games beaten LA, OoS, tMC running through the stories of FS/FSA to find evdince.

Lost_souls says: that's right I'm back!
Reply With Quote
  #54 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2006, 09:27 PM
Ozzy Ozzy is a male Canada Ozzy is offline
La La Bah Cha!
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The magical land of Canada.
View Posts: 2,555
Re: Animal Cruelty Video (WARNING!:Not Suitable For All Ages)

I'm not going to watch the video because I'd probably end up in tears because apparently what I've heard is something like a wolf got tortured and something about skinned alive.

Now, its people like these that make me think, "Is there really a god" I mean, why would god allow his creations to go though such pain and suffering? It's just insane what low lifes like this can do to animals and it petrifies me to the core that people can actually act like this towards other animals, although, they may not be like you, but, what exactly did it ever do to you? It didn't skin you alive and tortue you, so why do that to another living organism?

And now for the part where I contradict everything I just said. I think people that do this to other things should have the exact same thing done to them, and eye for and eye, arm for an arm. You hurt something, they should get to hurt you in the same way.

I honestly think that if the justice system actually started doing things these ways, people would think twice about murdering or torturing other people.

Now copy and paste this sentence in a quote if you actually read that. I wanna see how many people actually read my posts.
__________________


Thanks to Lulu for this awesome sig And Awkin for the banner.

My Band Site
I'm Cam...BAH CHA!
Reply With Quote
  #55 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2006, 09:34 PM
lost_souls United_States lost_souls is offline
Skyloftian
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: the edge of sanity
View Posts: 693
Re: Animal Cruelty Video (WARNING!:Not Suitable For All Ages)

Well if there was no evil would this world really be worth living in? I mean think about it if we where happy all the time that would mean that there would be no need to eat or drink or even move. Which would mean that the world would just be a bunch of people sitting in a field being content. That might be good for a few weeks or so but after a while it would get pointles I mean nothing would get done, so why bother having a world at all?
__________________
Lost Souls says:OoT/MM-TP-OoS/OoA-tWW/PH-tMC-FS/FSA-aLttP/LA-LoZ/AoL is the timeline I have.

Lost_Souls says: Games between 100% LoZ, AoL, aLttP, OoT, MM, OoA, tWW, TP. Games beaten LA, OoS, tMC running through the stories of FS/FSA to find evdince.

Lost_souls says: that's right I'm back!
Reply With Quote
  #56 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2006, 09:52 PM
Aerorian Aerorian is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Within Midnight
View Posts: 6,455
Re: Animal Cruelty Video (WARNING!:Not Suitable For All Ages)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_souls View Post
have you ever tried screaming underwater? It doesn't work very well so the statement about them screaming in the ocean really doesn't work. Your last statement makes no sense what so every I'm not implying that we shouldn't cook lobster I'm saying that we should at least not have it awake when you do it. Mammals wimper when they are hurt, bird show feeling of pain, and I believe replites probably do to, so if they feel pain why not fish?? Besides your theory on them not screaming doesn't work. You need vocal cords to scream ot even make sounds! Most couldn't make sounds of they wanted to.
I can't even understand what you are trying to type here anymore, with all the run-on sentences. So it's really an irony that you said my last statement didn't make any sense.

And the lobster is a crustacean. You can't compare different species together to justify your stance, because they are different. So your example by using mammals really has no point whatsoever.

EDIT: I think I've misunderstood what you were saying about lobsters screaming bloody murder. Perhaps you should try and make your sentences more coherent to prevent this kind of confusion. I think you were saying that just because animals couldn't scream, that doesn't mean we could torture them like so. In any case -

Japanese cusines love to cook food while they were alive. It's the flavor and freshness that's so nice (mostly seafood). I can't say we can blame them for it, for the taste really is better.
__________________
Last Edited by Aerorian; 11-27-2006 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #57 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-05-2006, 06:16 AM
daeth daeth is a male Canada daeth is offline
Positively Negative
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
View Posts: 2,277
Re: Animal Cruelty Video (WARNING!:Not Suitable For All Ages)

I don't have a problem with what they are killing the animals for to be honest, but the way they are doing it is completely heartless. If anyone here has gone hunting you'd know that you go for the heart (on occasion the head), a quick and painless death. Some might find that cruel or wrong, but really that death is quicker and less painful than what was probably in store for it otherwise.

To purposefully let something suffer like that to save the extra 20 seconds it'd take to chop its head off or slit its throat is beyond wrong. If you don't agree with that you either need to see a therapist or you need some growing up. I have seen many an animal on TV eat another animal while it's still alive so I know it's not unique to people, but since we have the knowledge of suffering it is not acceptable.
__________________
-daeth
Reply With Quote
  #58 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-12-2006, 09:03 PM
Coss Coss is a female Coss is offline
por que esta es la rumba
Join Date: Dec 2005
View Posts: 2,296
Re: Animal Cruelty Video (WARNING!:Not Suitable For All Ages)

I find going hunting, and shooting animals for the fun of it utterly despicable. Beating an animal, or intentionally hurting an animal is somewhat like hurting a helpless baby. Critters like raccoons, puppies, etc. Can't even defend themselves. Sure, it's okay to 'kill' an animal for food, but not in a manner that the animal feels the pain, and suffers.
__________________
you are the salt of the earth
Reply With Quote
  #59 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-12-2006, 09:23 PM
Aerorian Aerorian is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Within Midnight
View Posts: 6,455
Re: Animal Cruelty Video (WARNING!:Not Suitable For All Ages)

They WILL feel pain when they are being killed for food. It's inevitable.

However, we should LIMIT the period of their suffering as much as humanly possible.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #60 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-12-2006, 09:37 PM
lost_souls United_States lost_souls is offline
Skyloftian
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: the edge of sanity
View Posts: 693
Re: Animal Cruelty Video (WARNING!:Not Suitable For All Ages)

Quote:
They WILL feel pain when they are being killed for food. It's inevitable.

However, we should LIMIT the period of their suffering as much as humanly possible.
I agree, everything dies, if i asked you how you wanted to die most people would say hit by a truck, or something else that will put you out eight away. Most people don't want to burn, freeze, or die from thinks that take a long time and are painful so I think that animals would want the same thing. I really don't think that there is any point to meaningless pain.
__________________
Lost Souls says:OoT/MM-TP-OoS/OoA-tWW/PH-tMC-FS/FSA-aLttP/LA-LoZ/AoL is the timeline I have.

Lost_Souls says: Games between 100% LoZ, AoL, aLttP, OoT, MM, OoA, tWW, TP. Games beaten LA, OoS, tMC running through the stories of FS/FSA to find evdince.

Lost_souls says: that's right I'm back!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ages, animal, cruelty, suitable, video, warningnot


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 PM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -