Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-03-2006, 10:32 PM
Successfully putting one foot in front of the other since 1989
View Posts: 2,283
Re: Animal Cruelty Video (WARNING!:Not Suitable For All Ages)

Quote:
That's sick, that's just pure sick. It's not so bad for animals that they're getting meat from such as cows and chickens, but cats and dogs...that's just wrong, it makes me feel sick, cruelty to cats and dogs, it really sickens me, at how humans can be so horrid. Ugh, I didn't even finish the videos, I couldn't stand it.
Yet in nature animals don't "play nice" with the animals they kill. They do it the best way they know how, whether or not it's grotesquely painful.
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-03-2006, 10:51 PM
10 years is here!!
View Posts: 12,252

If it were up to me, I'd have every animal abuser skinned alive and then thrown into a pool of Peroxide.

But of course, I don't have that authority, so for now I just hope that there's less cruelty towards animals in the future. There are more than enough people in the world that use animals sensibly; they may kill them, but they use the fur for warmth, the meat as food, or whatever other parts of the body to help them get along in life. Then there are those who, for no reason other than either pleasure, personal gain, or as a way to release anger, physically harm an animal in a prolonged, sadistic way.

Those are the kinds of bastards that I'd like to see in a Saw movie.
A high fantasy book that doesn't switch character perspective every chapter? That doesn't feature done-to-the-death Elves, Dwarves and Orcs, but brand new races? And is heavily inspired by The Legend of Zelda? You might want to check it out! Kindle version only $.99, print version OUT NOW
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-03-2006, 11:02 PM
formerly Tsunata
Send a message via AIM to Anya Send a message via Skype™ to Anya
View Posts: 2,576

This is the most inhumane thing I have ever seen...I am appalled at how cruel humans can be. Don't they care a little bit that the animal is still alive?
Around three minutes in, when you see the animal(it's a raccooon or tanuki I assume) squirming while the person is skinning it...Oh man, this is just....I'm ready to cry. And five minutes in, when the poor skinned beast is still moving...If we need the stupid furs so damn badly, can't we make the deaths of the furry animals painless instead of prolonged suffering?
I stopped around six minutes. Couldn't go on. I did see that the same sort of skinning was being done to dogs, though. This is all just too cruel.

Quote:
Yet in nature animals don't "play nice" with the animals they kill. They do it the best way they know how, whether or not it's grotesquely painful.
But should the species that knows it's torture for them at least lessen the pain?
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-03-2006, 11:12 PM
10 years is here!!
View Posts: 12,252

Quote:
Originally posted by Drew™
Animals don't have a conscious, they don't realize that there's a right, and there's a wrong. We, as humans, are vastly more intelligent, able to understand that our how we carry out actions in different ways. Animals do what they do simply to survive, it's their basic instinct. Because if they don't get the job done, they can die, or their cubs will die. They'll never be able to understand that there's a humane and an inhumane way to deal with other creatures, we can.
A high fantasy book that doesn't switch character perspective every chapter? That doesn't feature done-to-the-death Elves, Dwarves and Orcs, but brand new races? And is heavily inspired by The Legend of Zelda? You might want to check it out! Kindle version only $.99, print version OUT NOW
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-03-2006, 11:35 PM
Sounding a mosaic
Send a message via AIM to Razekial
View Posts: 2,808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Elric View Post
That's sick, that's just pure sick. It's not so bad for animals that they're getting meat from such as cows and chickens, but cats and dogs...that's just wrong, it makes me feel sick, cruelty to cats and dogs, it really sickens me
Might I ask how Cats and Dogs are somehow more important than cows and chickens? You could easily get meat from dogs, you know, some native cultures do/did.

EDIT:

Quote:
That, my friend, is the most childish, selfish, self-centered thing I have EVER read. Because it does not directly affect you, you do not care. This reasoning makes you in every way a child. Your mind is centered on yourself, and everything else comes second. The fact that you laughed, cried, were sad, were happy; these things do not matter. You not caring does. Frankly, your posts have led me to dispise you. I cannot even fathom how you can think this way.
It's human nature (to a certain extent, perhaps) to behave the way he did. Humans are self centered, and the fact that he wouldn't be sad about those things just further proves that. If he isn't emotionally attached to the animal, he wouldn't give it the time of day, where as, a pet would be a completely different story. The same applies to me and to many people.
Last Edited by Razekial; 11-03-2006 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Successfully putting one foot in front of the other since 1989
View Posts: 2,283

Quote:
Animals don't have a conscious, they don't realize that there's a right, and there's a wrong. We, as humans, are vastly more intelligent, able to understand that our how we carry out actions in different ways. Animals do what they do simply to survive, it's their basic instinct. Because if they don't get the job done, they can die, or their cubs will die. They'll never be able to understand that there's a humane and an inhumane way to deal with other creatures, we can.
My response was to Edward Elric's claim that "it really sickens me, at how humans can be so horrid." I was pointing out that animals are as brutal as can be when killing other animals.

Quote:
What angers me is how people think that humans are the ultimate rulers of this world.
And to respond to this, let me ask you the opposite, why are humans not the rulers of this world?
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-05-2006, 10:30 AM
Narcissistic Misanthropist.
View Posts: 2,210

Stupid ****.
Anyone who changes their life because they saw an animal snuff film is a weak-minded moron.
The people who make the videos are just as bad as the people torturing the animals. Trying to guilt people into changing their mind is bul*****.
Don't get me wrong, I think the way these animals are being treated is disgusting. But I'm not going to go vegan or something just to pretend I'm making a difference.
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-05-2006, 12:28 PM
(kee-SHE-ro DEE)
View Posts: 2,982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jada View Post
Stupid ****.
Anyone who changes their life because they saw an animal snuff film is a weak-minded moron.
The people who make the videos are just as bad as the people torturing the animals. Trying to guilt people into changing their mind is bul*****.
Don't get me wrong, I think the way these animals are being treated is disgusting. But I'm not going to go vegan or something just to pretend I'm making a difference.
I know. I mean comeone, the animal is already dead, you're not honoring the animal by throwing it in the garbage.

Kuroshiro Xorishik
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-05-2006, 12:47 PM
uhh
View Posts: 11,673

To quickly kill, say, a cow to eat its meat is one thing. To torture it is pure insanity in my eyes. To even kill animals (be it through torture or not) for silly things such as fur (which we don't really need, we're not in the stone age anymore) is also pure insanity to me.

That fur isn't even used for something good, they just gladly torture the animals and then sell the fur to the fashion world.

I do understand why they do that to the animals, (not that I'm implying it's a good thing) they do want to work in the most efficient way possible, shooting the animals would require guns and bullets, which cost money. They don't want to lose any money. Worrying about the animals and such would only mean that they would earn less money. That's unfortunately how some Asians work, in their countries.

It shows in other things, like how they infiltrate PC games to sell the in-game currency for real life currency, with no remorse. They even force children or just other people in general to do the work.

Just another example of how the world is controlled by money.
Last Edited by ich Will; 11-05-2006 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-05-2006, 02:02 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 6,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Zelda4ever View Post
That fur isn't even used for something good, they just gladly torture the animals and then sell the fur to the fashion world.
My questions to this are: how do you know it isn't even used for something good? How do you know they are just going to sell the fur to the fashion world, when in reality, they could have use the furs to protect themselves against the cold climate. How do you know that they won't eat the meat? How do you know that they didn't just kill the animals in the first two minutes or so for food/meals, and while they were at it, they salvaged the furs? How do you know that they even have guns? In rural places, some of the modern weapons are fairly scarce.
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-05-2006, 02:23 PM
REEEE-DICULOUS!
View Posts: 2,754

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarian Wolf View Post
My questions to this are: how do you know it isn't even used for something good? How do you know they are just going to sell the fur to the fashion world, when in reality, they could have use the furs to protect themselves against the cold climate. How do you know that they won't eat the meat? How do you know that they didn't just kill the animals in the first two minutes or so for food/meals, and while they were at it, they salvaged the furs? How do you know that they even have guns? In rural places, some of the modern weapons are fairly scarce.
I think it's more important to look at the wider issue, and not to be entirley concerned with this single video.

The fact is, that there are still people who treat animals just as badly as is shown in this video, if not worse, just to supply furs for fashion.

I understand that there are people who do kill animals for fur, and it's really for entirley practical use, and I'm not against that - but I do think that there is alot of really brutal, and unneccessary killing of animals.

Float your respect.
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-05-2006, 02:48 PM
uhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarian Wolf View Post
I cannot know for sure, but neither can you know that they do eat the animals, use them to protect themselves against a cold climate, or if the furs get sold to the fashion world. I'm not referring to any specific video, I'm talking in general, if you happen to think otherwise.

However, wouldn't you assume that the people do live in a cold climate aren't that many? Demand for supply is surely higher in the fashion world. It's not like furs are the only thing that can protect us from the cold, anyway. As I said, we're not in the stone age anymore.
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Light Spirit

True, but again, just because we have access to advance technology for, say, synthetic furs, that doesn't mean the same for others.

There are quite a few people still living in cold climates. Take China for an example. China, having the highest population in the world, have quite a few living in cold climates. The Inuits, for another example. Russia, could be another one.

I am not saying I support the way how they kill off these animals. The procedures could be less cruel. I'm saying that instead of labelling them as "insensitive animal killers/torturers", things might be different by looking at them in another perspective. In fact, when you go far back in time, humans around 3,000 B.C or even earlier might had killed off animals in such a cruel way that you'd think they were bloodthirty savages. But to them, it was normal. It's the way how we percieve ourselves as "civilized" that started to change things.
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-05-2006, 03:57 PM
uhh

If you're referring to the first video that was posted, they could've easily done that without torturing the animals. Surely they could've simply decapitated the animals, that wouldn't have cost them anymore resources. It was simply unnecessary, no matter how you put it.

I do agree, it's not simply just the fashion world that is demanding. China is having problems, yes, but Russia from what I know is far from poor. It's just that their government is ignoring their poor citizens.
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-05-2006, 04:22 PM
Light Spirit

Yes, so with that government level in mind, the citizens are not really the ones to blame here, are they?
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-05-2006, 04:39 PM
uhh

If anything, I seek to cast blame on the suppliers, not the demanders. It would be quite odd of me to accuse the demanders, seeing as I'm not a vegetarian. Do supply, but not with laughter combined with torture. I think what they do to sell fur is much worse than what is done to sell meat.
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-05-2006, 07:09 PM
Deku Scrub
Send a message via AIM to Tiger81
View Posts: 165

Solarian Wolf, I understand your point about the economic status these people live in constituting the ways they can kill an animal. However, in the past my grandmother had to kill chickens to cook, but she (this is what she told me) always killed the animal before she plucked it, cleaned, etc. Those people were cutting of their skin while they were alive. Cutting their paws off while living. They shouldn't do that, there are no excuses.
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Light Spirit

Yes, hence in my previous two posts or so, I repeated stated: "The procedures could be less cruel."

It all boils down to the way how they conduct these activities.
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-18-2006, 03:39 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 4

Pointless barbarity, just what one has come to expect of the human race.

Why should we stop this? Why should we treat animals with respect even though we are the dominant species? Why should we at least kill animals in a quick and humane manner?

Because we can.
  #40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 140

I have no problem with this in a sense. Some people want fur clothing, or fur decor. Imagine, You have a job, and it is extremely boring and horrible, but if you want you can spice it up. Would you? Its not like the workers HAVE to do that. Its just that group of people doing it in that matter. Im not saying its just THAT group but, the way they do it is how they choose, they don't tell you how to do your job, so don't tell them how to do theirs. Howeveer cruel it is, Its what feeds their families.

|Sage's Realm||Discipline|
Sig By Me. To get a sig from Me or Hyperbadox, go here

Tags
ages, animal, cruelty, suitable, video, warningnot