Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-13-2006, 10:21 AM
I am the walrus
Send a message via Skype™ to Evil duck
View Posts: 1,571
Unhappy Mocking Religion!

In my life i have discovered that there are many prejudice people out there and they only make fun of one religion, Christianity!

Think about it, ever seen blasphemous things about the christian faith on the internet?,
where as if it were the muslims, jews etc,
they would not tolerate it and might sue the website!

Recently there was a big raid just because someone drew a cartoon of muhammed!
and i would like to ask the question,
Why do people make fun of christains and think they can get away with it?! :mad:
im sure most christians, like myself will want to know the answer to this question...

Check out my Youtube Channel for some original songs, covers or general tomfoolery!

#2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-13-2006, 10:41 AM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 77
Re: Mocking Religion!

People do make fun of Jews, Muslims, etc. Look at other sites, watch T.V. they do. It's out there believe me. I know people make fun of me all the time. You just have to learn to deal with it. No matter what you do people are always going to poke fun at you.

\My Artwork/
Props to Insaney for the awesome siggy and avatar!
I've been adopted by Final Fantasy Bandit!! w00t! w00t!
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-13-2006, 10:48 AM
I am the walrus

hmm..yes, but here's an example,
Christain scools would let muslim students go into there school,
however if there were a muslim school they wouldnt let a christian person go in

Check out my Youtube Channel for some original songs, covers or general tomfoolery!

#4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-13-2006, 10:52 AM
The owner of the Majora's Mask.
Send a message via AIM to Kishiru
View Posts: 461

That problably becuase of their beliefs.. And about the whole make fun off thing there alot of people who make fun evey religion. And not just on the internet they do it on tv and people do it too. When I mean people I mean people actually doing it.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-13-2006, 12:12 PM
Successfully putting one foot in front of the other since 1989
View Posts: 2,283

Quote:
In my life i have discovered that there are many prejudice people out there and they only make fun of one religion, Christianity!
They make fun of all religions. Christianity is the most popular in America, so it's naturally the brunt of most jokes.

I'm all for jokes. Seriously, I have a good sense of humor. I may or may not laugh if someone makes fun of Christianity, in the same way if they made fun of Hindism, Mormonism, Islam, the mailman, or your mom. I don't make fun of my own religion, and I try not to make fun of others'. Ultimately, most jokes are poking fun at another person or idea, so it's hard to escape it. As long as a joke isn't offensive, I can handle it. After all, stress-free is the way to be.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-13-2006, 12:15 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 6,456

Dude, it's all based on the level of exposure. As Christianity was and still is exposed to public at large, at a scale much larger than say, Muslim and so on, of course you'll see more mocking of this one type of religion. Same thing will apply to Muslim or other religions if all people do is preaching about them, no? In any case, it's the Internet. Not everything should be taken seriously.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-13-2006, 01:47 PM
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
View Posts: 20,981

In America, everyone is made fun of.

However, in the case of religious debate, most people seem to favor the Jewish or Islamic side of the argument over the Christian side. Out of all religions, Christianity is the one that is most suppressed in terms of their expression of their beliefs. Muslims get hit hard because of the 9/11 attacks and other terrorist strikes by Islamic extremist groups in recent years, and Jews have been persecuted for centuries, but Christianity is the only religious institution that is attacked directly, and not through its students.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-13-2006, 04:29 PM
goes to the mayor
View Posts: 5,430

christianity is mocked so much today because it is so popular, consider it a compliment the next time a person uses the lords name in vain

Now to discuss the mohammed cartoon, well, Extremist muslims are well, much more hardcore than extremist christians, also, I may be wrong, but I think that it is not a sin to "mock" christianity, and therefore no punishment is fit.

In general though, I think that muslims and jews get mocked a lot more that christians, but thats just through my experience.
98% of the teen population is cool, 2% aren't
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-13-2006, 04:43 PM
"Flying Rubber"
View Posts: 699

I agree with you Evil Duck.

In Canada people fight for religious freedom in government, but if its christianity they are mocked, ridicueled etc...
There are tonnes of Comics against Jesus, but when one pops up about muhammed then it causes attacks against people who had nothing to do with the comic.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-13-2006, 05:07 PM
Banned User
Send a message via Yahoo to Mrs Ganondorf
View Posts: 2,193

I won't allow myself to be offended. But I don't laugh with the ones who make jokes, especially not when it directly concerns God, the Holy Spirit and the Son. It hurts sometimes when people mock me for my faith or mock my God. But God is even sorrier than me, I think. Other than that... I know that my faith will be mocked... so there's nothing to do about that.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-13-2006, 06:58 PM
Zora Warrior
Send a message via AIM to Link_fizzle
View Posts: 416

I think its because Christianity is more accepting than the other religions mentioned. Besides, Christianity's God is a loving God that accepts everyone no matter what they are or do. Under this religion we follow his/her example. Different religions have different principles. Look at what's happening today about the Muhammad cartoon.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-13-2006, 07:30 PM
Amalgamator
View Posts: 239

I agree with you on one sense of the arguement - in the sense that people are berated for blaspheming against the Islamic, Judaic or Buddhist faiths; but aren't for Christianity.

I am an atheist, and as much as I (obviously) am not religious, I do think that every religion is essential to keeping people with their chins up in this planet. Religion is there to give hope to those who essentially have none, and that is why it IS wrong to mock religion.

However, it isn't just Christianity that people blaspheme. I mean, look at the ethical beating that Islam has taken; it isn't right for people to stereotype Muslims because of for example Al Qaeda, or other Islamic Jihad terrorist factions.

So in conclusion, yes people do mock religion - in some cases where it isn't due. My friend is an atheist too, but he is so pedantic over it to the point where he is literally destroying the faith (in his eyes)...and it does all go over to my Christian friend.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-13-2006, 08:23 PM
The Mayor of Ducktown
View Posts: 564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil duck
Recently there was a big raid just because someone drew a cartoon of muhammed!
and i would like to ask the question,
First: It wasnt one cartoon it was 7

Second: The musslims have LAWS that says you cant put muhhamed in a picture, a bit what vacumgod said.

Third: Many people who wanted the anger to grow "overdid" the complaints against the pictures. It has been reported that many stated that all denmarks newspapers were showing 2 of these cartoons everyday when it was just one very small newspaper who posted the pictures. Imagin that all newspapers in a whole country would make fun of you and your laws and you would probebly get a bit angry too.

Metroid Prime Hunter's Freind Code: 2019-3373-1515
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-13-2006, 08:31 PM
they're coming to take me away, haha!
View Posts: 6,027

I think I agree with vacumgod. Christianity may be mocked a lot, but have you noticed that it isn't mocked as a belief as much as it is certain Christians that are out there? Basically it's because they have to be the center of attention, or they were shoved into the center of attention, so everyone sees it and laughs. Also, Jews in my school get more jokes thrown at them than anyone else does. I do mean ANYONE.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-13-2006, 08:36 PM
Successfully putting one foot in front of the other since 1989
View Posts: 2,283

Quote:
I won't allow myself to be offended. But I don't laugh with the ones who make jokes, especially not when it directly concerns God, the Holy Spirit and the Son. It hurts sometimes when people mock me for my faith or mock my God. But God is even sorrier than me, I think. Other than that... I know that my faith will be mocked... so there's nothing to do about that.
There is some level of understanding I have. If I need to defend my faith, I can certainly do so. I mostly hear it on TV, but occasionally I hear it from someone I don't know.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-13-2006, 11:29 PM
Light Spirit
Send a message via AIM to sugar Send a message via Skype™ to sugar
View Posts: 4,211

Yep, all religions/races/customs/sexual preferences/whatevertheheck are made fun of. I guess it's just human nature to taunt, poke fun at, insult or find fault with people with beliefs that differ from ours, or just the beliefs in general.

Even though all religions are made fun of, you probably notice the taunting of Christianity more because you're a Christian, and that sort of things would naturally stand out to you more than someone making fun of another religion. Also, as someone already stated, Christianity is huge in America, so it's a pretty convenient topic for the ornery people who feel the need to mock something.

As for me, I try not to make fun of anyone unless I know for a fact they'll laugh about it or I make clear that I'm joking. I wouldn't ever put someone down or make fun of them for their religious beliefs because I know how important religion is to a lot of people, and I know it can be a sensitive subject. I also try not to believe or enforce stereotypes because, obviously, not all middle eastern men are terrorists.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-14-2006, 12:23 AM
Big Tall Nerd
View Posts: 1,759

The reason people make fun of Christainity is becuase even though christans are a minority they are still concidered the majority. It the over liberal world we live in, people are not allowed to critisie minoritys,only people in the majority can be critsed.

This makes it hard for white chirstian males. White people, christains, and males are the only people people can make fun of and still be politically correct.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-14-2006, 11:06 AM
Banned User
Send a message via Yahoo to Mrs Ganondorf
View Posts: 2,193

The real reason, some would say in the back of their minds but not shout it out loud, is that there is a spiritual war going on.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-14-2006, 11:24 AM
I am the walrus

you wont find things like these for other religions

Jesus Christ Action figure :mad:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NWRrL2YJb...jesus%20christ

Jesus christ The musical :mad:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=llfFHYsXn...jesus%20christ

In response to these video dont say
"ha ha LOL that was funny"
im just showing how others wouldnt dare do this to other religions,

proove me wrong! try to find videos like these mocking other religions
i dont think there are

#20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-14-2006, 11:51 AM
King of the Earth Fist
Send a message via AIM to lugeasilver
View Posts: 1,228

People make fun of everything. But seeing as I'm a christian who has looked into this I can give you a reason. Christians make other christians look really bad. I mean seriously some christians burned freaken harry potter books! They made us look like over sensitive jerks! And anyways no one really looks into it because well, we don't care. Well I don't atleast I think it's funny. Other religions people find are minority like and go crazy if you say something. But frankly I really don't care. I just go on living.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohesus View Post
It might be an opinion, but it isn't a valid one. It is impossible for SS's controls to feel "tacked on" or "forced".

Tags
mocking, religion