Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2005, 12:08 AM
I AM LINKS GAURDIAN!!
View Posts: 707
Death, fear it, or face it...

I apoligize to the mods if there is a topic on this, but here is what I would like to ask.

Do you guys fear death? Or do you think of it as an adventure waiting at the end of your training? The way I see death is a grade to the test of life. You see I believe that life is a test to determine wether you go to heaven or hell. If you help others and care for every just as the lord does himself then you shall go to heaven, just as getting an A on a test, however if you fail the test, killing, not caring, Hatred you will go to hell...

As for Suicide, this has plaqued me some. If you were to comit it , it would be like handing your test in and saying I give up, and you fail, or it could just be judged by the good deeds in life youve done up to that point. What are your thoughts on this?
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2005, 12:18 AM
The more you praise me, the less worthy I sound.
Send a message via AIM to Virtigo
View Posts: 709
Re: Death, fear it, or face it...

Frankly? I don't trouble myself on whether or not there'll be a pleasurable afterlife for me. My goal is to do as much good and act in the name of God before death. I do so in order for the salvation of my soul, and whatever fate it meets after mortal life, is just that... fate. I don't fear the afterlife, as long as I remain good. Fear of Hell, never bothered me, but fear of becoming useless to God's will... now there's a scary thought for me.

We'll all face death in the end. It's just that many fear it before hand and are unwilling to move on. Besides, it's not like you can do much about it when death comes. So, sorry for sounding like a fatalist or apathetic, but you can't fool death. It's the great equalizer for a reason.

So, face death standing, content, if not physically, then mentally.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2005, 02:58 AM
Symbiotic in Theory
Send a message via AIM to Epyon Send a message via Yahoo to Epyon
View Posts: 1,377

I have come to terms with the fact that I will die one day. As I am a human being, it is something I can't escape. Since there is nothing I can do about it, I don't worry about it.

I only hope that I die peacefully in my sleep at a ripe age, rather than have my life cut short in a tragic accident.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2005, 03:59 AM
Lord of Din
Send a message via AIM to Tiroth Send a message via Skype™ to Tiroth

View Posts: 10,363

I don't fear death, but I'm not in the habit of facing it either. I tend to ignore the fact that I'm going to die sometime. This is simply because, whenever I think about death, I automatically start to wonder what it feels like. This turns into a sensation I hate, so I tend to find something else to think about.

So I know death is going to happen, but until it does, I'll find other things to worry about.

Chetarren Caesar||Ilyena||Laurana||Brann
"I can't be bothered to procrastinate. Maybe I'll do it later." - Pandaemonium
"You're a scary scary reading monster >_<" - Saber
OLDIES 4 LYFE
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2005, 05:07 AM
Taking potshots since Spring '04
View Posts: 492

Surely you're useless for the purposes of God's will by default? Surely you don't suggest that an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent eternal deity needs you to carry out his will, or indeed anyone?

I fear death because I have no faith. Oblivion is a pretty bleak prospect.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2005, 05:07 AM
Tab.
Send a message via AIM to Scoria
View Posts: 8,252

I have come to terms easily with the fact that I will die one day, but I can't understand what will happen when that day comes, that's what scares me. What happens when you die? Do you really go to a paradise or a hell? Or is there something different that man hasn't concieved yet, like total blackness, mute, deaf, blind place. Or an eternal slumber to never be woken. Will I eternally be asleep, or will I be in a place where I am deaf, mute and blind? *shudder*
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2005, 08:10 AM
Big Bro Davidia Big Bro Davidia is a male Nauru Big Bro Davidia is offline
Proudly logging ZERO mod actions since...too lazy to find out :0D

View Posts: 7,590

Death for me is ...well, it was said much better in the past:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillipians 1:21
For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

I am teh BBDeh!
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2005, 08:27 AM
Deku Scrub
Send a message via AIM to Katano Send a message via Yahoo to Katano
View Posts: 20

I never think about death. I would like to think there is an afterlife but I seriusly doubt one exists.
I just like to live in the momment and not care about if I'm going to go to Heaven or Hell.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2005, 09:06 AM
Intelligence seems to be overrated.
Send a message via AIM to Alonely Send a message via Yahoo to Alonely Send a message via Skype™ to Alonely

View Posts: 3,260

I worry myself a lot about where I'm going after death, because I'm not a very solid Catholic. I don't do everything a Catholic should do, and for that, I worry about what'll happen to me. However, I don't let it take over my life, and I do see death as something that I'll try to avoid all my life, except if I'm needed in the army or if I am dying and the pain is unbearable. I pray that I live as long as I can and die of natural causes, and that what I have done in my life will be enough to get me into Heaven.

[Facebook | last.fm | Twitter | Xfire: zdfettucini]

=D
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2005, 09:14 AM
Swiggty Swag, whats in the bag?
Send a message via Skype™ to Nox
View Posts: 10,089

I don't fear death as it occurs in nature and is part of that corny, but powerful Circle of Life. I do want to live for a very long time and see the world change around me, but I want to die of old age. I don't want to be murdered or killed in an accident, but if I am to fight in a war, I must know that death is just around the corner and that I must face it if I have no other choice to live.

Artwork. Why not critique so I can get better, plz :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I have a friend who once asked me if vaginas had taste buds. Because of flavored condoms.

We were 17
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2005, 10:04 AM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 6,455

I don't fear death, but the pain that I might have to suffer before I die. I would like to die peacefully in my sleep. Dying of sickness is months of pain and torture that I don't like to have. Dying of a tragic accident... well, the first few minutes will be very, very painful.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2005, 10:08 AM
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
View Posts: 20,982

The only 'wrong' death is one brought upon one by oneself.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2005, 10:11 AM
A heaping helping of Southern goodness. Now with extra awkwardness!
Send a message via AIM to Star Boy Send a message via Skype™ to Star Boy
View Posts: 907

I don't really fear death. With that being said, I do not want to die anytime soon.

Death is inevitable and that sort of sucks. I had a hard time dealing with it when I was a kid. Up until I was a teenager, I was terrified of dying. I've accepted it now. The only thing that I'm trying to do is stay healthy and treat my body right so I can have many active years left even after I get old.

My worst fear is being absolutely helpless and sick whenever I get really old. That to me is scary.

[Sig courtesy of the talented, beautiful, and absolutely fantastic Liah]

[My BA Characters are Aidan and Edward Kitsuo]
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2005, 10:22 AM
Reach out to the truth.
Send a message via AIM to Brotagonist Send a message via Skype™ to Brotagonist

View Posts: 17,581

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillipians 1:21
For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
I no longer fear death. I know what will happen when I die. I don't have to worry about paying for my sins in Hell, because I know Christ has already payed for them. And I've accepted God's forgiveness.

Tumblr!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
I read "therapist" as "goat".
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2005, 10:26 AM
Amanda Mullins
View Posts: 10,905

Heheh. Reading all these posts gives this thread such a morbid feel.

But yeah. Death. Its somthing I consider as just another thing we have to go through before our true fate is decided. You can be afriad of Death, or you can laugh at it-but we are all going to die and that is what people must understand.

So do I fear Death? Hmm... in a certain respect. Yes I do. I fear it because it ends my time on earth (although extreamly short) and I fear that I have not lived to the fullest. I am afriad that I will die, and not have done all the things I wanted, or I have not been the best example to people ... but in the end, all the works you could do, all the good deads, matter nothing.

So as far as I am concered, im not afraid of the actual dying process ... just not being able to finish all I wish to before I die. And also, Death is somthing that takes us to the next part of ... a new begining. Death is just another begining, in which i belive that i will go to heaven.

Besides... im sure that since i belive i will go to heaven, that heaven is a hell of alot better than this trash heap.

my website | deviantart | tumblr | zu art thread | blogger || avy/sig art Amanda Mullins

hey hinkle-vinkle, eat ze armpit ja!?
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2005, 10:29 AM
Reach out to the truth.
Send a message via AIM to Brotagonist Send a message via Skype™ to Brotagonist

View Posts: 17,581

Quote:
Besides... im sure that since i belive i will go to heaven, that heaven is a hell of alot better than this trash heap.
Beleiving is not enough to get to heaven. Accepting God's love and surrendering to him, is how you receive eternal salvation.

Tumblr!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
I read "therapist" as "goat".
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2005, 11:08 AM
I AM LINKS GAURDIAN!!
View Posts: 707

Death is scary, however we will all face it someday. Its just like going to school or work, we dont want to somedays, but in the end we will.... I do not fear it, I think of it as a judgement, or as an adventure, no one truly knows what happens when you die, and I am curious as to what does happen, but Im not ready to die yet...
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2005, 11:48 AM
Ciao.
View Posts: 1,068

I'm still at the immortal age where I don't think I'll ever die, so death is kinda a non-issue.

Seriously? I'm indifferent about death. I don't particularly enjoy giving it the finger, by bungee jumping, mind you. My main focus, and I hope this is the same for everyone, is on life. Since we know very little about death or when it's going to happen, I don't see the point of obsessing over it. If I had a set "death day" that I knew, that might be a different story.

If I wake up dead tomorrow, I'll mourn for my life then. But not when I'm still alive.
Used to post here regularly on the forum, but eventually moved on. For anyone wondering what happened to me, everything going just fine and I'm completely happy with everything I'm doing. There reaches a point where you gotta move on.

Still, thanks for the memories, ZU.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-05-2005, 11:49 AM
The more you praise me, the less worthy I sound.
Send a message via AIM to Virtigo
View Posts: 709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terranix
Surely you're useless for the purposes of God's will by default? Surely you don't suggest that an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent eternal deity needs you to carry out his will, or indeed anyone?

I fear death because I have no faith. Oblivion is a pretty bleak prospect.

The problem with that post is the word surely. Of course, an omipotent being wouldn't need me, but he wants me. That's the difference. There's a logical fallacy by suggesting an all-powerful God needs something.

He simply wants it and it is His will. Useless for the purposes of God's will? If we fail at following him, then I'd say his will becomes meaningless, wouldn't you? By default, the purpose of fulfilling his will is met by our actions.

Even if you have no faith, you shouldn't fear death. Rather, if you have no faith, you really shouldn't consider it so much. It'll be depressing, and it just sounds defeatist. Plus, for aesthetics, it sounds weak in character.
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-06-2005, 10:33 PM
I told you I was coming back
View Posts: 2,729

Why fear it? After all if every thing goes right according to the latest date and Australian my age shall live to One hundred and thirty. But I do wonder what happens after death. Perhaps this is were most of our fear of death comes from because death itself is just a transtion. From on spirtual state to another.

Tags
death, face, fear