Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-23-2012, 05:51 PM
Hylian
Send a message via AIM to Hood's Gate
View Posts: 664
Re: Should people be proud of their race, sexuality, etc?

To a degree. However if taken too far, feelings like those can promote supremacists, gangs, societal isolation and violence.
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-24-2012, 06:14 AM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 134

I guess the message is to ultimately be happy about who you are, because you are unique and all that jazz. That covers everything, your eye color, race, hair color, shape, size, etc. Although, I easily take it as, "you may as well be happy about the things you can't change anyway." (unless you decided to take it in your own hands to change the things you were born with.)
Naturally, it shouldn't be seen as an "Take pride in your race, because your race is better than others." sort of thing. There is a huge difference in being proud and complimenting yourself based on who you are, versus putting others down to make yourself feel better. This includes race as well.
1 person liked this post: EzloSpirit
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-25-2012, 02:23 PM
View Posts: 447

On one hand, I shouldn't feel proud of my race or gender or sexuality, since it's nothing I chose. But on the other hand, I can't help feeling proud of something an Italian or Irishman did, even though I had no effect on it. I don't know, it just feels good to know that some of my ancestors helped this world, and it gives me motivation (again, this doesn't have to do with race as much as something good happening).

- Xanox

"What do you want from me?!"- Vanille, Final Fantasy 13.

#24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-25-2012, 02:32 PM
Melody of Fantasy Melody of Fantasy is a male Japan Melody of Fantasy is offline
Banned User
Steam ID: I_is_Me3
View Posts: 334

Are you really born gay or is that just an option. Sorry if this sounds dumb but I mean it.
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-25-2012, 03:02 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 4,157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody of Fantasy View Post
Are you really born gay or is that just an option. Sorry if this sounds dumb but I mean it.
I am pretty sure I read somewhere sciencetists have said a person is born gay. Atleast in males it is because the female body thinks that the male baby is a intruder and sends hormones along antibodies. But if it was a option who would wilfully chose a lifestyle where you are left aside and mostly hated by society.

Edit: This is not what i read but it does answer your question Are people born gay
Last Edited by tlozbj; 07-25-2012 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: EzloSpirit
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Melody of Fantasy Melody of Fantasy is a male Japan Melody of Fantasy is offline
Banned User

interesting

edit: Hope you did not think I hated gays. Just asked a question. Felt weird what you said about gays on the last sentence not the edit.
Last Edited by Melody of Fantasy; 07-25-2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-25-2012, 03:34 PM
Flabberghast, Mark II
Send a message via Skype™ to EzloSpirit
Steam ID: ezlospirit Wii U ID: EzloSpirit 3DS ID: 4940-5449-0029
View Posts: 2,189

I have to say that xTama expressed my own thoughts on this quite well. To me, the word "pride" has a negative connotation. Why? Because I compulsively think of others' feelings before my own. How is that relevant? Because I interpret pride as having a side effect of alienating others and promoting supremist thinking. I do feel pride sometimes, such as when I write a new short story or record a new song. However, with that pride comes a sense that my writing or singing is better than other people's, and I have to quickly squash my pride because I don't really believe or want to believe that I am better than anybody else.

At the same time, I feel like I have relatively high self-esteem. I am pleased with my creative output.

When it comes to race and sexuality, I am pretty neutral. I am "white." So what? It's a skin color. I am gay. So what? As long as I'm not trying to get in bed with straight guys, and as long as women aren't trying to get in bed with me, there's no harm done to anyone. There's nothing that is worth being proud of. And race and sexuality are hard to be displeased with (especially when you don't take our society into account).

1 person liked this post: tlozbj
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-25-2012, 05:49 PM
Banned User

Here is my answer:

I am Muslim so go on and hate like you "Americans" do every time. Not to be racists but majority is Americans. I lived a life as kid that every day I was hated. I was spit on. I was stabbed, I was un liked, I had had a car run over me, I could not go to the public because when I do some one attacks me or yells terrorist. I lived that life. I lived the life where I was treated at the most poorest extent. I had a teacher throw a stapler at my face. I was locked in the bathrooms for a day or more sometimes. Let us just say I am the most hated guy in America maybe. I got arrested last year for holding a knife at my dad's shop cutting fabric and I was arrested with my dad for thinking to hold weps. I was at by big sister's wedding when a cop came to check if we have bombs. Kids would grab me in the corners and kick me in my stomach intill I would bleed out of my mouth. I was held gun point in my life once from an American. It was a cop. I was going to the mosque and I was tackled and at gun point and arrested after. Why? I was claimed to be holding a wep. I am despised in the airports as I told Ezlo how I am always questioned and takes me hours and miss my flight. I was treated like dump.

My opinion: I don't hate gays but I do not like them either. They are people who I believe just want to be an outstanding person on Earth and the pattern is boy girl boy girl then boy boy? Why? I believe they are not born like that. All the proofs say MAY!!!!! Meaning mabey. This is how I think. I would not hate a gay but I would never in mylife love one or support one.

Back to me:

Gays are not the ones that are hated most but Muslims are. In secret. If I were to say Islam right now all of you would think terrorism. I rest my case. I never gave a tear in this world. I have been kicked in the stomach intill blood losing up to half a gallon I have been stabbed, car ran over me, doctor not treating me, accused of murder, never really had a true friend of life, always hated people stepping on me and on my face at concrete floors. I was never played with.I was that lonely, unexperienced, kid on the swing not crying but thinking what I did wrong. Before I sleep I always think what happened. I was to nervous to tell my parents. but one day they saw the marks. They reported it but nothing was done and it exceeded. I am a sad person who was steppedon Americans who had pride in them selves thinking they are better then Muslims and will be stepped on and spat on......................I today cry.I a grown man who is 17 cries in at night to sleep............................................. ..................................

This video by source fed also shows the NYPD spying on the Muslims and stff as me is not only being affected
NYPD FAIL! - YouTube
Last Edited by Melody of Fantasy; 07-26-2012 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2012, 09:32 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 4,157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody of Fantasy View Post
i Hope you did not think I hated gays. Just asked a question. Felt weird what you said about gays on the last sentence not the edit.
No I didn't think that. I just said that to make a point of why it is not a option.
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2012, 10:54 PM
Significantly more hydrated than you.
Wii U ID: Blizzaga

View Posts: 35,524

Should I not be proud of who I am?

???