Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-26-2012, 04:30 PM
Drurrp
View Posts: 672
Arrow Fetishism

Due to some curious folk who are too scared to admit they wanted to create this type of discussion, I am starting a thread about sexual fetishism. The intention isn't to scare people, gross them out, or create a cyber orgy; it is to give some insight about something that is usually kept in the dark.

We are curious to know the psychology behind fetishes - the when and how they develop. You don't have to admit to what the exact fetish is if you don't want to.

Rawr rawr rawr!

Dr. Watkins
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-26-2012, 04:38 PM
HEIL, KAISER, DIR!
Send a message via Skype™ to Tabby
Steam ID: pzkpfw_iv
View Posts: 6,326
Re: Fetishism

lololol.

As long as it doesn't involve ❤❤❤❤ or vomit or blood, chances are I am into it. As any of my friends would corroborate, any group chat that I am a member of quickly turns into an extreme form of sex ed.

Nesi even claims I turned her bisexual.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-26-2012, 05:21 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,339

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzraelBlack View Post
Are there any studies on such a thing?
There are plenty of them, but nothing all-encompassing and a lot were based on more outdated methods of psychology. It's mostly just case studies now.

I've always been into bondage, not sure of the exact reasoning behind it but I've always been interest in the idea of power exchange.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Golddron Sex Golddron Sex is a male United States Golddron Sex is offline
Thank you
View Posts: 5,139

I'm turned on by BDSM. And that's the lesser of my fetishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanchemike View Post
pokefags woke the dragon and are gonna find out they're not weak to ice types
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Drurrp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartimaeus Sex View Post
I'm turned on by BDSM. And that's the lesser of my fetishes.
What about it attracts you, though?

Rawr rawr rawr!

Dr. Watkins
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-26-2012, 05:48 PM
Great White North Great White North is a male Prussia Great White North is offline
We are criminals!
Send a message via Skype™ to Great White North
Steam ID: Septemvile
View Posts: 4,554

Quote:

Jokes aside, I'd put my stock in the theory of exercise of dominance. Especially in guys like Brian who are non-assertive in life, his sexual fetishes might be a way of expressing a desire for it.
"Your Father calls you to His Court. You need not pack; you go garbed in glory where you stand. He waits eagerly by His palace doors to welcome you, and has prepared a place at His high table by His side, in the company of the great-souled, honoured, and best beloved."
2 people liked this post: Double A, tallgeese
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-26-2012, 06:16 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Xeno

View Posts: 20,830

I am way into crea human insemination. I have no idea why, but it sure does turn me on like nothing else.

Other than that, I get my kicks from pleasing my partner. Nothing says sexy to me like an outspoken satisfied partner.
Last Edited by Xeno; 04-26-2012 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-26-2012, 07:08 PM
Hylian
Send a message via AIM to Hood's Gate
View Posts: 664

I have a foot fetish, I'm also extremely aroused by certain types of shoes, stockings and socks. Not sure why I am a podophile, but there's a possible genetic factor because my dad is also a podophile.
Last Edited by Hood's Gate; 04-26-2012 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-26-2012, 07:17 PM
The Marauding Magnet
View Posts: 108

I have a........................................ forced femminization fetish
Let the Lord of Chaos rule
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-26-2012, 07:29 PM
Bobby Emerald Bobby Emerald is a male United States Bobby Emerald is offline
There's no reason why I'm not enough.
View Posts: 8,256

Ear fetish; the lesser of my fetishes. Mentioning the other one...isn't necessary. Let's leave it at that xD
I'm no foot fetishist, but I know good feet when I see them.

Be happy about progress and realize nobody is above it, ALWAYS be happy with wherever you're at and be good to yourself.
Then, simultaneously, PUSH yourself to beat the plateaus.
Quote:
Your personal level of excellence dictates your mental level of deservedness that shapes your behavior of entitlement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodd View Post
Women want equality. Therefore I would punch a woman just as hard as I would punch a man. Because I'm into feminism like that.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Avalanchemike

View Posts: 19,249

Yeah okay.

I'm gonna have to be the fun police here, guys, because we've banned/infracted/warned people for posts similar to some in here (sorry to call you out, Saul, but your post is what I'm referring to especially). I gotta be consistent. Yes, this is GENERAL chit-chat, but at the same time there ARE children who visit this site and having an entire thread for this I can't let fly.

If you have a problem with this, PM me and we can talk, but for now, no.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

I'm prob gonna move this to the SD 'cause there's potential for some good discussion, but I'mma clean this thread first. Brb.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Right, thread cleaned.

This discussion from here on out will be treated to the standard of the Serious Discussion. Not all threads in the SD have to be all debate-destroy-DISAGREE, so hopefully some mature discussion can come from this topic.

Note to mods: Keep an eye on this. We have a rule about explicit posts so maintaining that balance may be a tad difficult, but I'm trusting you guys to guide this discussion so that we don't cross that line. Thanks guys.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

THREAD RE-OPENED GO
4 people liked this post: Crackle, Fluttershy, Great White North, Ruki
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-26-2012, 08:13 PM
Anouki
View Posts: 53

Agreed on the ears @Bobby. They are a necessary component of cuteness. I suppose (good and not amazingly short) dresses would qualify too..?
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-26-2012, 08:15 PM
Drurrp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daenerys Targaryen View Post
Yeah okay.

I'm gonna have to be the fun police here, guys, because we've banned/infracted/warned people for posts similar to some in here (sorry to call you out, Saul, but your post is what I'm referring to especially). I gotta be consistent. Yes, this is GENERAL chit-chat, but at the same time there ARE children who visit this site and having an entire thread for this I can't let fly.

If you have a problem with this, PM me and we can talk, but for now, no.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

I'm prob gonna move this to the SD 'cause there's potential for some good discussion, but I'mma clean this thread first. Brb.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Right, thread cleaned.

This discussion from here on out will be treated to the standard of the Serious Discussion. Not all threads in the SD have to be all debate-destroy-DISAGREE, so hopefully some mature discussion can come from this topic.

Note to mods: Keep an eye on this. We have a rule about explicit posts so maintaining that balance may be a tad difficult, but I'm trusting you guys to guide this discussion so that we don't cross that line. Thanks guys.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

THREAD RE-OPENED GO
I'm sorry, I was assured something like this would be allowed because our intentions were for the reasons, not explicit detail on the interest themselves.

Thank you for cleaning some of the posts up.

Rawr rawr rawr!

Dr. Watkins
1 person liked this post: Malia
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-26-2012, 08:25 PM
Golddron Sex Golddron Sex is a male United States Golddron Sex is offline
Thank you
View Posts: 5,139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackle View Post
I guess you could say it's power. If I think of anything else though, I'll let you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanchemike View Post
pokefags woke the dragon and are gonna find out they're not weak to ice types
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-26-2012, 08:32 PM
May those who accept their fate be granted happiness...
Send a message via Skype™ to John
View Posts: 22,123

Fetishism is very odd, really. Not in that it exists, I mean, there are plenty of things that people enjoy doing that are clearly our natural risk/reward system getting tricked (skydiving, anyone?) but with both how non-universal they tend to be and how utterly unrelated to sex.

I mean, skydiving is hijacking adrenaline and our love of speed. While some fetishes are clearly just specialized examples of a more general appreciation of beauty others (scat, etc.) don't fit there at all.

Then again, and this is the most armchair of speculation, it's been shown that people who have lost their sense of fear exhibit an incredibly strong attraction to things that used to scare them. Fear seems to be made up of a powerful interest in what you're scared in (makes sense; learning about dangerous things is a good idea) with an even stronger compulsion to avoid it. So what if (at least some) fetishes are similar? We all have parts of us that tell us to avoid certain things, but what if it breaks slightly, so we get the fascination but not the repulsion? That might explain, say, scat and similar.

Plus, of course, there are the fetishes based around things that most people see as attractive, just taken to extremes. Those also make sense, the part of our brain that says "breasts that large (or whatever) count as a harmful deformity" just gets switched off.

S&M also makes a sort of sense, pain releases endorphins, as does being dominant.

Then you have the really inexplicable ones: What's going on with a foot fetish? Or bondage? Or asphyxiation?

Finally: Why do all of these things tie in to sex? I mean, the above guesses all sort-of provide possible explanations for why these things might seem interesting/attractive, but not why we'd associate them with sex. I mean, people enjoy, say, jogging, but it's rarely something that arouses them.

Plus, clearly culture has a role in fetishes. Being fat used to be a sign of wealth, and so was seen as very attractive, while being well-muscled and tanned meant you worked for a living and so were much less desirable. Now that's almost switched. Likewise, say, bound feet. Horrendous to many people, but until only a generation or two back if you were a woman in China then not having your feet bound was equivalent to not having a face in terms of general attractiveness. It's all very odd.

I'd be interested in reading up on the theories, if anyone can recommend any studies (actual studies, with science and stuff, not modern-day Freuds, of which sex-research is, naturally, full) or books, though I'll probably not read 'em on the bus.

Public Key ID: 057420A1
1 person liked this post: Eriks0n
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-26-2012, 09:03 PM
Avalanchemike

View Posts: 19,249

^I'd be interested in reading any studies too if anyone wants to link 'em!

I like it when a guy takes control in bed and I -think- this is because all my life I've pretty much been in charge of a household and very, very used to being assertive/aggressive, both in attitude and physically. I guess I count it as one of the few times in my life where I feel... I guess, whatever stereotype there is of a "softer" woman, I feel like that. It's strange because in my culture the role of a -woman- is to be submissive, but it's a role I've never given into and I ENJOY flipping that role off. But it's different when I'm having sex and I honestly don't know why. I mean, there are times when I enjoy taking charge, but it baffles me how I've been the opposite of this all my life, willingly so, and sexually, that can change and I enjoy that too.
2 people liked this post: Goldfish, Great White North
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-26-2012, 10:02 PM
Drurrp

I agree a lot of it has to do with personal development, but this does not mean it does not have a place in psychology. Though people have to get used to something in order to enjoy it in the full effect, something had to peak the interest in the first place. Even if it was just because someone offered and you tried it, that is one reason out of any number of reasons.

For example, my fetishes have developed out of frustration. Had these frustrations not reached a breaking point I would never have developed my sexual fetishism. I was a virgin when these tendencies developed, so it was not out of influence by what I do or do not like in bed.

There really does not seem to be a encompassing answer to the question, which essentially is okay. Development occurs in different ways and it would be unreasonable for one theory to explain them all. We aren't looking for "the answer" to the issue, but rather the individual reasons.

This is to satisfy curiosity on what brings about these desires, not to try and explain what psychologists can't. The only reason I mention psychology specifically is because I thought it would be a red flag for anyone who just wanted to treat this as a "dear penthouse forum" sort of thread.

Rawr rawr rawr!

Dr. Watkins
Last Edited by Crackle; 04-26-2012 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-26-2012, 10:26 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 65

Now this is a thread. I have a fetish for just about everything. I love BDSM (D&S mainly but also S&M) and I also have several other fetishes. I love black people (both genders). I also have this thing for latex... And Asians (only males). And some others but I shouldn't talk about those (it's not blood or ❤❤❤❤ or anything...but maybe blood would turn me on. Actually, now that I think about it, it would...)
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-27-2012, 07:43 AM
'Tis Death I wed
View Posts: 1,596

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Or asphyxiation?
Hypoxia. It's mostly about oxygen rushing to the brain after the fact. It produced feelings of giddiness and euphoria - however, of most of the fetishes I've heard of, this one seems the most dangerous. During a point in suffocation, in order to save itself, the brain shuts down all unneeded functions of the body - including movement of the arms and legs. So if you're doing this by yourself, there's a chance of accidental death. It's personally one of the fetishes I'm going to stay far, far away from.

My fetishes? Meh. I can't really name any off the top of my head. I like necks. Like, I think the neck is the most attractive part of a person. If a girl has a pretty neck, it instantly attracts me.
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Am I the only person ____?
View Posts: 10,593

The most sexual organ of all is the brain.

My most bizarre fetish is erotic hypnosis. I don't necessarily "believe" in it, but the idea of a powerful woman who can put you in a trance and manipulate your mind through various techniques is incredibly arousing to me.

Another one I have is erotic tickling and the semi-related tease and denial. And maybe cuckoldry. I completely understand the foot fetish (there is something oddly attractive about feet) even though I'm not into it myself. Light bondage is okay, but at a certain point it gets too disturbing.

Fetishism is a very taboo topic, and can, admittedly, be very dark. In fact, the taboo nature is probably part of the appeal. I have read erotic literature (if you can call it that) in the past, and I think it can be very fun to engage your erotic imagination in different ways as long as it doesn't become an obsession and you're mature enough not to act things out.

Thanks to IGNIS for the amazing signature! NNID = Bill1989. Let's play Mario Kart!
Last Edited by Bill; 04-27-2012 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote

Tags
fetish, psychology, sexual fetishism