Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Nensense Nensense is a male United States Nensense is offline
Douchebag Supreme
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Roseville, California.
View Posts: 1,089
Arrow Is racism exclusive to African Americans?

I'm trying to change the thread title to Is racism exclusive to African Americans? but it won't let me

Teenagers poured gasoline on boy walking home from school and set him on fire: cops♥ - NY Daily News
Yet if the races were reversed this would be all over the mainstream media and ♣♣♣♣ would get crazy. It's sad how the very people claiming to be advocating anti-racism are so racist themselves that they refuse to admit that Caucasian Americans are also the victims of racism.

Also what about Unfair Campaign?

It's disgusting how the far left see black as the master race and that anybody who disagrees is labeled a racist and bigot.

Discuss your opinion.

Also
Last Edited by Nensense; 03-05-2012 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2012, 10:54 PM
Balthier Bunansa Balthier Bunansa is a female British Antarctic Territory Balthier Bunansa is offline
Half as cool, but twice as badass
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: In the leading man's role
View Posts: 2,281
Re: Is racism exclusive to African Americans?

You know, it's sad that whatever divine being or whatever you believe in made us like this. The fact we're even looking at this in a special matter disgusts me. (Not you, Grooston; I meant the reporters who specifically look at this) . Let me guess. If a white child/ren burned another white child, we wouldn't care as much. Yes it would be tragic. But not focused upon. Now, we've sunk so low as humans we refuse to cast away racial discrimination deep in our souls. And of course, the homeless black man rapping on the streets is yet another common stereotype, and the white fat guy who sits on a sofa and plays video games all day is yet another.

Yep, our species is no better than animals oftentimes.
__________________
Quote:
I'm the leading man.

What else do you need me to say?
Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Compassionate Sora
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Kikaider Antarctica Kikaider is offline
Jiro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Not here
View Posts: 11,919
Re: Is racism exclusive to African Americans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Vainqueur View Post
Yep, our species is no better than animals oftentimes.
Many times I feel that we get along with each other as well and sometimes even worse than animals. I also really hate how the reporters and writers need to point out that this is a "white" child being burned. Has to put race into the equation.
Reply With Quote
2 people liked this post: Balthier Bunansa, Casanova
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Casanova Casanova is a female Portugal Casanova is offline
#mission from god brb
Send a message via Skype™ to Casanova
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: new york
View Posts: 2,825
Re: Is racism exclusive to African Americans?

Yeah. Race really doesn't need to be specified. Unortuantely, we're racist on both sides. However, the sitiuation would be just the same if a white child poured gasoline on a black child. You'd be ignorant to say it wouldn't. But I do have to say, this gets blown up anyway. Do you hear about all the colored children getting kidnapped on the news? No, right, you hear about blonde hair blue eyed, Ashley.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Nensense Nensense is a male United States Nensense is offline
Douchebag Supreme
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Roseville, California.
View Posts: 1,089
Re: Is racism exclusive to African Americans?

No no no... You guys don't get the point, the left wing crazies are so caught up that black is the master race that if this was a white kid lighting a black kid on fire the left wingers would go ballistic. But as it's a white kid getting lit on fire by a black kid it's not going to be picked up by anybody.
Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Midna Fan
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2012, 11:23 PM
Raptor Buddha Raptor Buddha is offline
Nirvana achieved…clever girl.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raptor Buddha
Join Date: Jun 2008
View Posts: 1,082
Re: Is racism exclusive to African Americans?

Well, I'm struggling with what you want us to discuss precisely. Do you want us to discuss whether Caucasians or members of an ethnic majority can be subject to racial discrimination or violence? Is the discussion about the facts of this particular crime? What did you wish to focus on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grooston
It's sad how the very people claiming to be advocating anti-racism are so racist themselves that they refuse to admit that Caucasian Americans are also the victims of racism.
I think if we're going to talk about this, you need to add a bit more substance to make this a non-strawman. Who specifically are these advocates who refuse to believe that Caucasians can also be the victims of racism? At the very least, this premise doesn't comport with your proffered evidence as I've heard nobody make the claim that this isn't an act of racially based violence. You are certainly welcome to convince me, but otherwise I think it is a tad misleading to use this to advance a claim that certain advocates refuse to admit that there is reverse racism while using this as support.
__________________
Last Edited by Raptor Buddha; 03-05-2012 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2012, 11:24 PM
Casanova Casanova is a female Portugal Casanova is offline
#mission from god brb
Send a message via Skype™ to Casanova
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: new york
View Posts: 2,825
Re: Is racism exclusive to African Americans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grooston View Post
No no no... You guys don't get the point, the left wing crazies are so caught up that black is the master race that if this was a white kid lighting a black kid on fire the left wingers would go ballistic. But as it's a white kid getting lit on fire by a black kid it's not going to be picked up by anybody.
You're kidding, right?
please tell me you don't actually believe that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Dislutfate
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2012, 11:25 PM
Nensense Nensense is a male United States Nensense is offline
Douchebag Supreme
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Roseville, California.
View Posts: 1,089
Re: Is racism exclusive to African Americans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Buddha View Post
Well, I'm struggling with what you want us to discuss precisely. Do you want us to discuss whether Caucasians or members of an ethnic majority can be subject to racial discrimination or violence? Is the discussion about the facts of this particular crime? What did you wish to focus on?
Talk about both subjects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casanova View Post
You're kidding, right?
please tell me you don't actually believe that.
Of course I believe that.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2012, 11:26 PM
Raptor Buddha Raptor Buddha is offline
Nirvana achieved…clever girl.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raptor Buddha
Join Date: Jun 2008
View Posts: 1,082
Re: Is racism exclusive to African Americans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHungryHippo View Post
Many times I feel that we get along with each other as well and sometimes even worse than animals. I also really hate how the reporters and writers need to point out that this is a "white" child being burned. Has to put race into the equation.
Well to be fair, if this was a racially based hate crime, then it was the perpetrators who originally inserted race into the equation.
__________________
Last Edited by Raptor Buddha; 03-05-2012 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
2 people liked this post: ASBW, Flames of Valor
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Kikaider Antarctica Kikaider is offline
Jiro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Not here
View Posts: 11,919
Re: Is racism exclusive to African Americans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Buddha View Post
Well to be fair, if this was a racially based hate crimethan it was the perpetrators who originally inserted race into the equation.
I guess, but still, I don't think it needs to be in the title or an adjective used to describe the child or perpetrators. Rather, it should just be pointed out that the reason for this was hate against a race.
Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Raptor Buddha
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Casanova Casanova is a female Portugal Casanova is offline
#mission from god brb
Send a message via Skype™ to Casanova
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: new york
View Posts: 2,825
Re: Is racism exclusive to African Americans?

See, the Black History month thing has nothing to do with this. The same amount of news would be covered if this was a white on black crime. Honestly, do you really think people think black is the master race?
__________________
Last Edited by Casanova; 03-05-2012 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Nensense Nensense is a male United States Nensense is offline
Douchebag Supreme
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Roseville, California.
View Posts: 1,089
Re: Is racism exclusive to African Americans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casanova View Post
See, the Black History month thing has nothing to do with this. The same amount of news would be covered if this was a white on black crime. Honestly, do you really think people think black is the master race?
Then explain to me this, how come there are COUNTLESS hate crimes perpetrated by African Americans or other minorities to white people yet those NEVER make the mainstream news. Yet if a white man even to say something not on the defence of a black man the mainstream media would immediately jump on the "HE'S A RACIST!" bandwagon. People are too blinded by the mainstream media to see the truth.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2012, 11:41 PM
Casanova Casanova is a female Portugal Casanova is offline
#mission from god brb
Send a message via Skype™ to Casanova
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: new york
View Posts: 2,825
Re: Is racism exclusive to African Americans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grooston View Post
Then explain to me this, how come there are COUNTLESS hate crimes perpetrated by African Americans or other minorities to white people yet those NEVER make the mainstream news. Yet if a white man even to say something not on the defence of a black man the mainstream media would immediately jump on the "HE'S A RACIST!" bandwagon. People are too blinded by the mainstream media to see the truth.
Listen dude, now you're starting to really offend me. I'm not saying African Americans never commit hate crimes. I'm not saying that at all. All I'm saying, is that most of the time, they are both in the mainstream media. No one's jumping on the racist bandwagon.
You wanna get a point across, don't be a jackass about it.
Also, I still don't get the relevancy of the Black History Month video. For what purpose is it there?
__________________
Last Edited by Casanova; 03-05-2012 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
3 people liked this post: Dayman, Dislutfate, Panda Bear
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2012, 11:42 PM
tallgeese tallgeese is offline
i know only that i know nothing
Join Date: Apr 2002
View Posts: 1,849
Re: Is racism exclusive to African Americans?

Settle down.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2012, 11:43 PM
Nensense Nensense is a male United States Nensense is offline
Douchebag Supreme
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Roseville, California.
View Posts: 1,089
Re: Is racism exclusive to African Americans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casanova View Post
Listen dude, now you're starting to really offend me. I'm not saying African Americans never commit hate crimes. I'm not saying that at all. All I'm saying, is that most of the time, they are both in the mainstream media. No one's jumping on the racist bandwagon.
You wanna get a point across, don't be a jackass about it.
Also, I still don't get the relevancy of the Black History Month video. For what purpose is it there?
Okay man, I'm not trying to offend anybody, I'm just trying to get the point across that the media isn't fair. Would you be able to find me an example of the media being fair on the subject of hate crimes?
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2012, 11:44 PM
tallgeese tallgeese is offline
i know only that i know nothing
Join Date: Apr 2002
View Posts: 1,849
Re: Is racism exclusive to African Americans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grooston View Post
Okay man, I'm not trying to offend anybody, I'm just trying to get the point across that the media isn't fair. Would you be able to find me an example of the media being fair on the subject of hate crimes?
You made the claim that it isn't fair. The burden of proof is on you.
Reply With Quote
11 people liked this post: Apollo, ASBW, Astarael, Dayman, Dislutfate, Double A, Indicium, Kikaider, Lly, Ruki, Silver
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Casanova Casanova is a female Portugal Casanova is offline
#mission from god brb
Send a message via Skype™ to Casanova
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: new york
View Posts: 2,825
Re: Is racism exclusive to African Americans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grooston View Post
Okay man, I'm not trying to offend anybody, I'm just trying to get the point across that the media isn't fair. Would you be able to find me an example of the media being fair on the subject of hate crimes?
There is literally an entire website dedicated to black on white crime. I can't find a white on black crime site.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2012, 11:50 PM
Nensense Nensense is a male United States Nensense is offline
Douchebag Supreme
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Roseville, California.
View Posts: 1,089
Re: Is racism exclusive to African Americans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casanova View Post
There is literally an entire website dedicated to black on white crime. I can't find a white on black crime site.
I am talking about reports in the mainstream news, such as CNN and MSNBC.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2012, 11:51 PM
Raptor Buddha Raptor Buddha is offline
Nirvana achieved…clever girl.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raptor Buddha
Join Date: Jun 2008
View Posts: 1,082
Re: Is racism exclusive to African Americans?

Well, I think most of us will concede that Caucasians can suffer racism on an individual level—as this hate crime certainly suggests. I think you could probably find numerous examples of Caucasians suffering systemic discrimination in certain cases. However, I think it would be spurious to conclude that incidents of Caucasian racism are logically equivalent to the institutionalized racialist views that ultimately led to an entire class of humanity being adjudged chattel property—and then after winning the status of human beings becoming exiled from mainstream American society until this generation. The racism you’re talking about is racism perpetrated by individuals, and in some cases groups of individuals. This is certainly racism. However, it doesn’t begin to approach the scale of racism that one sees when nearly half a millennia of racial stereotypes take root into society and government. It’s the difference between incidental racism and pervasive racism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grooston
It's disgusting how the far left see black as the master race and that anybody who disagrees is labeled a racist and bigot.
Well you’re certainly welcome to feel that way, but I think the strawman and the hyperbole are unnecessary. Also is your claim I’m afraid. You’re talking in such large generalizations that we really can’t even discuss the topic at hand. Who on the far left say that black people are the master race? You are making a thread about critiquing the ideas of a group of people you’ve yet to clearly define besides “leftists.” That’s not particularly clear.
__________________
Last Edited by Raptor Buddha; 03-06-2012 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
6 people liked this post: Astarael, Casanova, Coconut Water, Dislutfate, Kikaider, Silver
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2012, 11:51 PM
Casanova Casanova is a female Portugal Casanova is offline
#mission from god brb
Send a message via Skype™ to Casanova
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: new york
View Posts: 2,825
Re: Is racism exclusive to African Americans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grooston View Post
I am talking about reports in the mainstream news, such as CNN and MSNBC.
You asked for media, I gave it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 AM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -