Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2012, 12:16 AM
so ridoclus
Send a message via Skype™ to Jordan
Steam ID: deafas♥♥♥♥
View Posts: 10,866
Re: Is racism exclusive to African Americans?

I am pretty sure there are racists from every race against every other race, if that is the question.
3 people liked this post: Agent Orange, Dayman, Minion
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2012, 12:20 AM
Balthier Bunansa Balthier Bunansa is a female British Antarctic Territory Balthier Bunansa is offline
Half as cool, but twice as badass
Steam ID: Elegance does not stoop.
View Posts: 2,281

Grooston, just admit it. There are clearly enough black-on-white cases to prove an ample form of racism/idiocy. Blacks will forever hate whites secretly while the only sane people look at stereotypes. It's a part of who we damn well are, and if you can't face that without proof from the people who specifically looked at this story, I feel sorry for you. Just accept the racial discrimination that we all at some point feel because some old dudes 3000 years ago invented the theory of an expendable tool.

What else do you need me to say?
1 person liked this post: princesspanty
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2012, 01:15 AM
Our sunshine is not for franchise!
View Posts: 8,349

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grooston View Post
Jewish-American Heritage Month is May.
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2012, 01:24 AM

View Posts: 10,253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Buddha View Post
Well you’re certainly welcome to feel that way, but I think the strawman and the hyperbole are unnecessary. Also is your claim I’m afraid. You’re talking in such large generalizations that we really can’t even discuss the topic at hand. Who on the far left say that black people are the master race? You are making a thread about critiquing the ideas of a group of people you’ve yet to clearly define besides “leftists.” That’s not particularly clear.
Agreed.

Grooston, you're going to have to be a bit more specific if we're going to have anything to discuss at all here - who exactly are you talking about here? I literally do not know anybody at all who would think that a gang of kids setting another child on fire isn't a big deal if the victim happens to be white!
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2012, 05:04 AM
The Man Who Masterminds the Game
3DS ID: 5386-7629-1425
View Posts: 2,565

Racisms happens everywhere to everyone.
And it's not only about skin color, it's also about nationality, beliefs, culture and such.
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2012, 08:28 AM
Sage of Awesomeness Sage of Awesomeness is a female United States Sage of Awesomeness is offline
もう 一回
View Posts: 441

Definitely not! There are people everywhere who have to deal with racism! I'm south Asian and get so much crap, along with my east Asian friends. Racism isn't just about African Americans, it's about a lot of races. Some people...
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2012, 09:02 AM
DIE THE DEATH! SENTANCE TO DEATH! GREAT EQUALIZER IS DEATH!
Send a message via Skype™ to Snow_Storm
Steam ID: the_snow_storm
View Posts: 9,458

I love it when my people view our racist views and actions as not racism but when people from other races do racist things to us, it's bad and horrible.

❤❤❤❤ing ❤❤❤❤❤❤s in my race.

The affluenza made me do it
3 people liked this post: Balthier Bunansa, Midna Fan, princesspanty
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2012, 11:20 AM
do you really think this is a joke
Send a message via Skype™ to kezzer
View Posts: 1,286

I think that not its particularly the news that puts on the effect that black-on-white racism is not bad (or not existent), I feel like movies actually are the worst with that.
I've seen many where there's the stereotypical white racist who hates black people. And the black guy is always a pretty alright dude.
Not a lot of movies about black racists though, that I'm aware of. The "black racist" stereotype is almost conspicuously absent while "white racist" stereotype is alive and well. So that kinda bugs me.
I feel as though a black person could openly declare they hate white people, and it'd be pretty alright. But if it were vice versa, it'd be absolutely the worst thing to say ever.

But it's not a huge deal. I wouldn't say it matters enough to make a fuss over. It's just part of our culture I guess?
I am not a racist. Also, I am not trying to complain "oh it's so unfair" but I do agree with what the OP is saying just a tiiiny little bit although he is being...unreasonable, too.

And yeah I was just getting in to white and black people in this post but I agree that racism is everywhere with every race and ethnicity and it's not cool but what can you do?

The DJ in my head never stops playing...
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Golddron Sex Golddron Sex is a male United States Golddron Sex is offline
Thank you
View Posts: 5,139

Um...no.

If it's an act based on race, I'm pretty sure it's racism. But word definitions aren't exactly my strong point.

I'm sure others have said this, and if it's a big deal that I didn't just 'Like' someone's post instead posting, get with me and I'll delete it, or just have at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanchemike View Post
pokefags woke the dragon and are gonna find out they're not weak to ice types
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Our sunshine is not for franchise!
View Posts: 8,349

Quote:
Yet if the races were reversed this would be all over the mainstream media and ❤❤❤❤ would get crazy.
I would be surprised if that were the case, actually. The inverse seems more likely, as blacks are over 4.3 times more likely to be the recipients of racially motivated hate crimes than whites. If the mainstream media spent time reporting on every anti-black hate crime, they wouldn't have much time for anything else! In order to cover every anti-black hate crime, they would have to cover around 8 cases per day, 365 days a year.
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-07-2012, 08:07 AM
Fighter of the Nightman.
View Posts: 8,784

There will always be racism on all sides, now white on black crime is covered more in the media because AA's have had a long history of experiencing discrimination.

Quote:
It's disgusting how the far left see black as the master race and that anybody who disagrees is labeled a racist and bigot.

I'm sorry, but WHAT?
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Sharia for the UK Sharia for the UK is a male United States Sharia for the UK is offline
Hate my life, love myself
View Posts: 4,842

South African farm attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Obviously it's not just against Africans descended people. Members of the ruling party in South Africa have publicly supported the killings. This is also the country that denies HIV causes AIDS, but I hope this answers the title question.

Of course racism happens between every group, only a small part is black against white. For example Kashmiri was the by far most active leader of Al Qaeda before and after bin Laden's deaath, but it was well known that he wasn't even being considered for the role of leadership. I think he was killed in a droid attack before Osama was officially replaced, but him not being Arab was considered as reason to make him unqualified for the role.
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-08-2012, 12:55 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to zay
Wii U ID: Zay.95

View Posts: 11,654

I'm assuming the creator of this thread is an American, and yes while I agree racism in America is a lot of the time connotative with African Americans and would seems as though most cases of racism involve black people; although I don't at all think racism is at all exclusive to African Americans.

From a non American perspective, racism does occur to a lot of other cultures and can defiantly work both ways. One person can dislike another equally, no matter who they are, or what race they choose to dislike for whatever reason they choose.

SIG BY CAYLEY

Alle Menschen werden Brüder
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-14-2012, 03:01 AM
Sapere aude
View Posts: 5,359

I don't find it to be a race issue, so much as a cultural one. Gangbanger culture in its various forms is what gives many facets of many races some of their negative stereotypes. Unfortunately, it would seem that this culture is very pervasive within blacks, and I wouldn't doubt many are misguided into adopting it as a sort of identity; even more unfortunate is how disproportionate it seems to be contrasted against other racial statistics. Although race can serve as a way to bolster a cultural identity, it is the culture that these people grew up in that makes them the way they are. It's what separates gangbangers from Morgan Freeman, and KKK members from Richard Dawkins.

It's a problem that has to be quelled from the bottom up, starting with how we raise our children and guide them through life.

Regarding that news article about the young man set on fire: the mindsets like the one that possessed the aggressors to take those actions is what society must eliminate, or drastically reduce.
Last Edited by Flames of Valor; 03-14-2012 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-14-2012, 09:17 AM
Kokiri
View Posts: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucketmouseman View Post
It's like in South Africa.. over 70,000 whites have been slaughtered since control was handed back over to the native Africans. Included in this figure are babies, women are children, some tortured to death, for the simple crime of being white. For those who know about this ongoing critical situation, it is termed the "Silent Genocide" because of the complete lack of reporting or interest from the mainstream media. (And please don't call it "poetic justice", because that's just sick).
The whole 'farm killings' thing is taking it way too far, but I do find it hard not to sympathyse with their frustrations. Though they might not be in power, white south africans are still by far the wealthiest elite. And though most are highly charitable and try to repay for what they did, there is still a large number of highly arrogant, very elitist groups of people who feel apartheid should never have been abolished. Though of course they shouldn't be murdered, by all means their lives should be made hell.
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-15-2012, 04:57 AM
Kokiri
View Posts: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucketmouseman View Post
The vast majority of white South Africans do not support apartheid. Only a small number of extremists do. Why should they pay for what their ancestors did? And how would you suggest their lives are made "hell", just out of curiosity? Torture, or violent beatings, perhaps? Or maybe they shouldn't be allowed to have homes? Please elaborate on how you would make those evil white devils suffer.
I never said that all white africans should pay, but rather the sick extremists that still support the psudo slavery that was apartheid. And by 'hell', I mean being run out of town by an angry mob, and thier possesions confiscated and auctioned, with the money made re-distributed to the community they leeched from.
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-16-2012, 09:07 PM
Sharia for the UK Sharia for the UK is a male United States Sharia for the UK is offline
Hate my life, love myself
View Posts: 4,842

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARlock View Post
I never said that all white africans should pay, but rather the sick extremists that still support the psudo slavery that was apartheid. And by 'hell', I mean being run out of town by an angry mob, and thier possesions confiscated and auctioned, with the money made re-distributed to the community they leeched from.
No one deserves to be persecuted for their beliefs, no matter how bad they are.

Ofcourse the whole thing is way overstated. The whole community of White South African farmers is only 70,000 people. It'd be impossible that they were all murdered.
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Great White North Great White North is a male Prussia Great White North is offline
Your Sparkling Death Cometh
Send a message via Skype™ to Great White North
Steam ID: Septemvile
View Posts: 4,552

Quote:
You almost sound like.... a fascist.
Communist actually.
"Your Father calls you to His Court. You need not pack; you go garbed in glory where you stand. He waits eagerly by His palace doors to welcome you, and has prepared a place at His high table by His side, in the company of the great-souled, honoured, and best beloved."
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Jiro
View Posts: 11,923

No, that would definitely be silly. After all, racism means the prejudice against a race. If African American is the only race, then it would be very hard to be racist, unless you hate your own race.
  #40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 2,850

In my experiences, racism implies prejudice towards black people, while anti-racism implies prejudice towards white people.

"I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth."