#41 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-24-2011, 07:14 AM
On the internet, no one knows you're a fascist dictator
Send a message via Skype™ to Tabby
View Posts: 5,582
Re: Crossdressing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysis View Post
which is ridiculous. Why is it perfectly acceptable for a woman to wear pants but looked down upon for a man to wear a dress? It's a double standard.

why is it creepy for a man to wear a dress but not creepy for a woman to wear a dress?
While I do not agree with it at all, this is just how society works. In modern society, it is acceptable for women to dress as men, act masculine etc (due in no small part to femnazis trying to make females sound superior, and disagreeing with them is sexism, but I digress), but if a man acts like a woman, it is not as socially acceptable.

In my view, it is nothing less than sexism.
  #42 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-24-2011, 07:23 AM
Nayru's kitty

View Posts: 9,774

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
While I do not agree with it at all, this is just how society works. In modern society, it is acceptable for women to dress as men, act masculine etc (due in no small part to femnazis trying to make females sound superior, and disagreeing with them is sexism, but I digress), but if a man acts like a woman, it is not as socially acceptable.

Hmmm, I'm not so sure I'd agree with your reason here (particularly with your use of "feminazi"!). The relative acceptance of women and girls dressing in traditionally male clothing and engaging in traditionally masculine behaviour, compared the reverse, is rather more likely to be a symptom of maleness/masculinity in general being more favourably regarded than femininity.
  #43 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-24-2011, 07:30 AM
On the internet, no one knows you're a fascist dictator
Send a message via Skype™ to Tabby
View Posts: 5,582

There is a difference between regular feminists and what I call femnazis. There are those who believe in blatant sexism and that women are superior in some way. I know not all feminists are like that.

But I still say thatit being more socially acceptable for women to dress/act like men is sexism. No matter what the reasoning behind it is, the fact is men are not able to 'enjoy' the same things as women when it comes to expressing themselves.
  #44 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-24-2011, 07:38 AM
Nayru's kitty

View Posts: 9,774

Oh it certainly is sexism, there's no absolutely doubt about that. I'm admittedly still not sure though what those "extreme" feminists have to do with it.
  #45 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-24-2011, 09:23 AM
View Posts: 8,577

Women crossdressing as guys are chic. Nice to look at.

Now -- men crossdressing as ladies. What do you think?

EDIT: Okay... 'she' looks hot.... kinda.
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
MADLY IN CHOCOLATE ABOUT LOVE AND CHOCOLATES

And the life of this world is nothing BUT play and amusement.
Last Edited by Loki Laufeyson; 12-24-2011 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #46 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-24-2011, 09:27 AM
タイラー
View Posts: 1,897

I think it looks weird in some situations. Like, most of the time, I don't care if you're a girl who dresses like a boy, but it it's vice-versa....

Sig by スリムシェイディ
3DS FC: 1633 - 4674 - 8666
  #47 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-24-2011, 09:31 AM
Ummayyad, bro?
View Posts: 5,856

Well he obviously went about it the wrong way probably wasn't for reals. I'm sure if he would have shaved/waxed his chest and shaved his arms he wouldn't look so bad now would he? Plus that sounds kind of sexist.
  #48 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-24-2011, 09:58 AM

A lady got fired from her job because of not allowing men dressed as ladies to use women's changing rooms.

Now that's what I call freedom of wearing what we want and feel what we want; although I feel sorry for the lady, though.
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

#49 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Ummayyad, bro?

Well, obviously there are limits but the point still stands that there is nothing ethically wrong with crossdressing.
  #50 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-24-2011, 10:52 AM

I am tempted to wear the picture I got in my previous previous post as my avatar; as to see what are the ZUers' opinions about the topic of crossdressing.

#51 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-24-2011, 11:03 AM
Ummayyad, bro?

Go ahead. You won't change any opinions though.
  #52 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-24-2011, 12:17 PM
Chicken Nugget
Send a message via Skype™ to Kailuh727
View Posts: 392

Well, since I've cross dressed as Kurt Cobain, Vaati, and King Tut, I'm gonna say it's ok.

Ok, I know that's not really cross dressing, it's costumes. Here's my take on it. If people seriously want to dress like the opposite gender, they can do it.

You make my sword go skyward
  #53 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Swiggty Swag, whats in the bag?
Send a message via Skype™ to Nox
View Posts: 10,089

Quote:
Originally Posted by >:3 View Post
I am tempted to wear the picture I got in my previous previous post as my avatar; as to see what are the ZUers' opinions about the topic of crossdressing.
I won Sexiest Female of the Year last year by crossdressing. I can tell you right now, ZU won't give a damn, in fact some of them encourage it.

And if you ever want to look like a woman, talk to me. ;D

Also, I don't really care if some of the people in here don't like crossdressing and find it weird. As long as they aren't telling others to not crossdress, why should their opinion affect you?

Artwork. Why not critique so I can get better, plz :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I have a friend who once asked me if vaginas had taste buds. Because of flavored condoms.

We were 17
2 people liked this post: Armillary, Loki Laufeyson
  #54 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-24-2011, 01:24 PM
love with urgency but not with haste.
Send a message via Skype™ to Lysis
View Posts: 19,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post

it certainly is sexism, but not in the way you seem to be suggesting. First of all, your typical "feminazi" scare is rather unfounded and rather revealing of your bias against feminism. Second of all, the fact that masculinity is more acceptable in society than femininity is the result of patriarchal sexism against women, not sexism by women against men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by >:3 View Post
A lady got fired from her job because of not allowing men dressed as ladies to use women's changing rooms.

Now that's what I call freedom of wearing what we want and feel what we want; although I feel sorry for the lady, though.
actually, despite that article's clearly biased view, what actually happened was that a lady got fired from her job for not allowing a woman to use the women's changing rooms. The victim here was not a "crossdressing man" but a transgender woman. Distinctly different.
The only rule we need is never
giving up
The only faith we have is faith in us."
-
index / codex / annex

5 people liked this post: Astarael, Envy, John, Loki Laufeyson, Pacem
  #55 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-24-2011, 01:26 PM
www.youtube.com/user/GUKingOfHeart?
View Posts: 2,869

Woman dressing like a man is no big deal on today's society.
However, a man wearing a female dress looks pretty weird.

All those who support cross dressing 100% need to watch this video then. ^_^
If this person tries to talk to you in real life you won't be freaked out in any way what so ever, right?
  #56 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-24-2011, 01:45 PM
love with urgency but not with haste.
Send a message via Skype™ to Lysis
View Posts: 19,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfHeart View Post
If this person tries to talk to you in real life you won't be freaked out in any way what so ever, right?
of course not.

(that is, of course I would not be freaked out, not of course you are not right )
The only rule we need is never
giving up
The only faith we have is faith in us."
-
index / codex / annex

Last Edited by Lysis; 12-24-2011 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #57 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-24-2011, 03:36 PM
Xena: Warrior Princess
View Posts: 677

Personally, I think a man can wear womens' clothing items without cross-dressing. I think it's a little ignorant to say that women can wear whatever they want and not be cross-dressing, but if a man wears an overtly feminine clothing item, he is cross-dressing. I almost always buy womens' jeans and dress pants instead of mens, because they are way cheaper and fit a lot better, I buy womens' blazers, and sometimes womens' shirts.

Mens' clothing is so boring in most retail stores. I think it's absurd that women get all these cool, totally different aesthetics that they can apply to themselves, but men only get one. Finding something even remotely androgynous in the mens' section of any store in your local mall is ridiculously difficult.

Also, I used to wear makeup a lot, especially when I would go out for a diner party or event.

All that being said, I'm very good at it, and I pull it off when I want to. The thing is, if you want to look good and not freaky as hell doing it (like the guy in the video a few posts back), you need to put in the same effort that a woman does when she wears these clothing items. So yeah, you need to shave the armpits. Can you imagine a woman walking around with hairy armpits and a strapless dress on!? And yes, you need to learn how to do makeup.

A side note, most of the people you see cross-dressing who just look terrible, those are people who do it as a fetish. It's a sex thing for them, and actually people get off on how they look, believe it or not.
Last Edited by jellotime91; 12-24-2011 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #58 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-25-2011, 02:30 AM

@Lysis: I see. Thank you for explaining what actually happened. I couldn't much understand a long text (as in the article).

@Nox: Sexiest Female 2010.... interesting. I want to see the photo.

#59 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-25-2011, 01:59 PM
Kingslayer
View Posts: 27,729

As with just about everything else, I find nothing wrong with crossdressing. People should wear whatever they wish to wear. S'all good with me.

I just find it sad that crossdressing is even an issue. Thanks for making a big deal out of everything, society.
  #60 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-26-2011, 01:55 AM
View Posts: 6,529

TETRA: Pants
LINK: Skirt (looks like it... kinda)