Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-08-2011, 01:29 PM
Der soldat allein ist der freie mann
Send a message via Skype™ to Tabby
Steam ID: pzkpfw_iv
View Posts: 6,094
Sex, Gender and Identification

There shouldn't be a symbol for gender.

There should, however, be a symbol for whether you have a dick or a pussy. I couldn't care less what you "identify" as, it just makes talking to you a hell of a lot easier if I know what set of genitalia you have.

The whole idea of "gender" is bull♥♥♥♥, and so is people "identifying" themselves as something else. It is a concept that should never have been invented and certainly should not be used by anyone. Even transgendered people.

In my book, if you have a cock and no boobs (unless they are moobs) you are a guy, and if you don't have a cock you are girl.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Banned User
Send a message via Skype™ to Lysis
Steam ID: lysate 3DS ID: ❤❤❤❤ if I'm gonna write down this whole damn thing, PM me or something.
View Posts: 19,713
Re: Sex, Gender and Identification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
There shouldn't be a symbol for gender.

There should, however, be a symbol for whether you have a dick or a pussy. I couldn't care less what you "identify" as, it just makes talking to you a hell of a lot easier if I know what set of genitalia you have.

The whole idea of "gender" is bull♥♥♥♥, and so is people "identifying" themselves as something else. It is a concept that should never have been invented and certainly should not be used by anyone. Even transgendered people.

In my book, if you have a cock and no boobs (unless they are moobs) you are a guy, and if you don't have a cock you are girl.
this is an incredibly intolerant, transphobic/cissexist thing to say. What does it matter what genitals a person has? That's not at all relevant to who a person is. What matters is how a person identifies themselves. Identity is important. Identity is who you are.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-08-2011, 05:30 PM
wow
View Posts: 2,834

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysis View Post
this is an incredibly intolerant, transphobic/cissexist thing to say. What does it matter what genitals a person has? That's not at all relevant to who a person is. What matters is how a person identifies themselves. Identity is important. Identity is who you are.
I'm pretty sure that she was joking...
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-08-2011, 05:31 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,252

I think you misunderstood her. I think she's saying that if you define gender as "a label for the social expectations for each sex respectively," then it should never have been adopted. She just wants a symbol for sex.
1 person liked this post: Tabby
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Banned User
Steam ID: lysate 3DS ID: ❤❤❤❤ if I'm gonna write down this whole damn thing, PM me or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I'm pretty sure that she was joking...
I wouldn't be so sure. It's not exactly an uncommon sentiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullDude View Post
I think you misunderstood her. I think she's saying that if you define gender as "a label for the social expectations for each sex respectively," then it should never have been adopted. She just wants a symbol for sex.
no, what she's quite clearly saying is that identification with a gender that doesn't match your sex (that is, transgenderism) should not exist and is, I quote, "bull♥♥♥♥".
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-08-2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullDude View Post
Yes, that is what I was saying.

Quote:
no, what she's quite clearly saying is that identification with a gender that doesn't match your sex (that is, transgenderism) should not exist and is, I quote, "bull♥♥♥♥".
You are wrong.

I believe gender labels are utterly stupid, and gender is a concept that should never have been invented.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-08-2011, 07:23 PM
tell me what it takes to be number one
View Posts: 16,089

Only reason I've got one up is so people can figure out which goddamn pronouns to use when referring to me

it apparently does ♥♥♥♥-all anyway so i'm debating on takin' it down
Last Edited by Red; 12-08-2011 at 09:34 PM. Reason:
1 person liked this post: Jonah
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-08-2011, 07:36 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Yes, that is what I was saying.

You are wrong.
no I'm not. You outright stated that transgenderism was bull♥♥♥♥.

Quote:
The whole idea of "gender" is bull♥♥♥♥, and so is people "identifying" themselves as something else.
people "identifying" themselves as some other gender than the one that matches their assigned sex is the very definition of transgenderism.

Quote:
I believe gender labels are utterly stupid, and gender is a concept that should never have been invented.
I think you're fundamentally misunderstanding what gender is. It's more than just a label, it's a part of your identity. People don't just pick and choose their gender any more than they do any other part of their identity. It's a part of who you are. You saying stuff like:

Quote:
I couldn't care less what you "identify" as, it just makes talking to you a hell of a lot easier if I know what set of genitalia you have.
and:

Quote:
is intolerant and discriminatory against anyone whose very identity doesn't fit in with your expectations of what it should be. People like Red don't choose to identify as a gender that doesn't match their sex, just for the f*cking hell of it. It's a fundamental part of who she is. She's female, regardless of her genitalia and regardless of what you choose to believe about gender.
Last Edited by Lysis; 12-08-2011 at 07:37 PM. Reason:
3 people liked this post: Conde, Sky Lioness, Viajero de la Galaxia
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-08-2011, 07:41 PM

You still don't get what I am trying to say. I believe all humans should be equal, and gender is a concept that breeds inequality amongst our species. If there was no concept of gender, no concept of "gender roles", then society would be a lot more tolerant.

If you are born with a penis, but you felt you wanted a vagina more, then you could easily have an operation just to switch (if we are talking about the modern day at least). There would be no stigma attached to it. If you felt more like the opposite sex inside, then that would be completely fine as there would be no idea of "well, you are male, therefore you must be really macho".

All I want is a more equal and tolerant society. I imagine you want the same?
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Banned User

of course I want a more equal and tolerant society.

but if that's what you want, you're going about it the wrong way. You're being intolerant against transgendered people and intolerance is certainly no way to breed tolerance.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-08-2011, 07:46 PM

I'm not being intolerant of transgendered people, lol.

If there was no concept of gender, then there would be no intolerance at all. I don't know how clearer I can make it to you.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Banned User

Quote:
I'm not being intolerant of transgendered people, lol.
Quote:
The whole idea of "gender" is bull♥♥♥♥, and so is people "identifying" themselves as something else.
you don't think calling transgenderism "bull♥♥♥♥" is intolerant?

Quote:
I couldn't care less what you "identify" as, it just makes talking to you a hell of a lot easier if I know what set of genitalia you have.
you don't think refusing to recognize a person's identity is intolerant?

Quote:
you don't think refusing to understand that perhaps a person's identity isn't intrinsically tied to their genitalia is intolerant?

Quote:
If there was no concept of gender, then there would be no intolerance at all. I don't know how clearer I can make it to you.
you're not advocating the abolition of gender, you're refusing to recognize a person's identity if it isn't cisgendered.
Last Edited by Lysis; 12-08-2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason:
1 person liked this post: John
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-08-2011, 08:00 PM
Golddron Sex Golddron Sex is a male United States Golddron Sex is offline
Thank you
View Posts: 5,139

Quote:
you don't think refusing to understand that perhaps a person's identity isn't intrinsically tied to their genitalia is intolerant?
I'm of the same mind as Dovahkiin that it doesn't matter to me what you identify as.

I think I've had enough to drink to make an ass of myself in SD. Redirect something at me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanchemike View Post
pokefags woke the dragon and are gonna find out they're not weak to ice types
Last Edited by Golddron Sex; 12-08-2011 at 08:01 PM. Reason:
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-08-2011, 08:02 PM

What's so great about gender that requires you to defend it so much?
Let me reiterate, gender is (to me) a concept that merely causes inequality and intolerance.

Quote:
you're not advocating the abolition of gender, you're refusing to recognize a person's identity if it isn't cisgendered.
Right, sure.

Um.

How many times do I have to say that I AM advocating the abolition of gender? To me, it is a terrible concept that breeds inequality. And I wish it was never invented.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddron Rex View Post
I'm of the same mind as Dovahkiin that it doesn't matter to me what you identify as.
well then, I don't care about your identity either. Instead of treating you based on who you actually are, I'll treat you the way I want to based on my own opinions of who I think you should be.

does that sound right?

Quote:
What's so great about gender that requires you to defend it so much?
I'm defending a person's right to their identity. I'm defending people like Red and her right to consider herself as much a woman as you probably consider yourself, regardless of the physical shape of the body she was born with.

Quote:
Let me reiterate, gender is (to me) a concept that merely causes inequality and intolerance.
trying to fit people into gender roles and gender expectations leads to inequality and intolerance, but gender identity does no such thing. Instead, refusing to recognize a person's identity, that is intolerance.

Quote:
Right, sure.

Um.

How many times do I have to say that I AM advocating the abolition of gender? To me, it is a terrible concept that breeds inequality. And I wish it was never invented.
people don't have control over their identity. It's not something they invent, it's something that is a part of who they are.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Red
View Posts: 851

Ah! I love it when subjects are discussed deeply. Not saying it's bad, on the contrary, it's intriguing.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Golddron Sex Golddron Sex is a male United States Golddron Sex is offline
Thank you
View Posts: 5,139

Quote:
well then, I don't care about your identity either. Instead of treating you based on who you actually are, I'll treat you the way I want to based on my own opinions of who I think you should be.

does that sound right?
Well, it would except for the bold part.

But I meant it more as I treat people equally REGARDLESS of how they identify their gender as.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanchemike View Post
pokefags woke the dragon and are gonna find out they're not weak to ice types
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-08-2011, 08:18 PM
i have foursomes and i don't havta force 'em
View Posts: 1,873

Lysis, you're making something out of nothing. Keep the SD crap in SD.
5 people liked this post: Ahluk, Calypso, Florina Laufeyson, Janus, SCIENTIST Jwal
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallgeese View Post
Lysis, you're making something out of nothing. Keep the SD crap in SD.
she has insulted me and every other transgendered person on this forum. If you think that's nothing then you are just as guilty of insult as she is.
1 person liked this post: 1up
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Tsjeriću, baibai
Send a message via Skype™ to Gaba
Steam ID: bluefireman33
View Posts: 6,172

You transgendered, Lysis? I didn't know that.