Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: Rick Perry as President, good or bad?
Good 11 13.10%
Bad 65 77.38%
Don't care 8 9.52%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#41 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Operator please
View Posts: 8,629
Re: Rick Perry as president good or bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamzee View Post
The Republican candidates disgust me and I can't fathom why anyone would vote for them.

Well, I can. People are ignorant and uneducated and make poor decisions. Especially the older generation.

At this point I'd be hoping for Obama to win or an independent. Not Rick Perry, and certainly not that Cruella de Vil chick.
Well, Huntsman isn't so bad, but then his chance of winning the nomination is probably smaller than mine.
1 person liked this post: Sgt. Pepper
  #42 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2011, 03:19 PM
PReSEnT DaY... PReSEnT TImE! HAhAHahAha!
Send a message via Skype™ to John
View Posts: 21,308

Rick Perry (who has bankrupted Texas, is slashing education and social funding like there's no tomorrow, routinely holds prayer rallies instead of trying to fix problems, etc.) as president would be a disaster. Perry as the GOP candidate might finally drive the sensible GOP members to break off into their own party, exiling the Tea Party idiots to their own fringe party and allowing political discourse in the US to stop being almost literally off the scale to the right.

Likewise Bachmann.

So while I hope that they never get within 50 lightyears of any Federal government position in the US, I do rather want them to end up as head of the Republican party.
"You must be, or you wouldn't have come here."

Public Key ID: 057420A1
  #43 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2011, 03:21 PM
Burning hooves means Littlepip is watching...
Send a message via AIM to Puck
View Posts: 15,579

Guys you're all spelling it wrong.

It's Parry.

Oh I am a HUGE Parry supporting. I've always said that Bush wasn't republican enough. Parry is a man who stands by his conviction that Global Warming is a myth and the EPA needs to stop restricting Job Creators the same way he stands infront of his idling bus for hours. He is a man who knows the difference between right and wrong, and even occasionally follows through. More importantly he is a man who is willing to change parties and then act as the paragon of said party when it's profitable. A business man. Thats the sort of man we need in office.

Parry 2012.
3 people liked this post: SacredSturgeon, Shinobi Popcorn, Slur
  #44 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2011, 04:13 PM
Being a lunatic isn't enough
View Posts: 1,927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armillary View Post
Yeah...the laughing stock of the west...

GDP of Sweden: $406.07 Billion US dollars at current prices - 2009
GDP of the U.S.: $14.12 Trillion US dollars at current prices - 2009
Money isn't everything. Think of Paris Hilton.

EDIT: Though actually, if Sweden was as big as America and had as many citizens, their GDP would be just as high or possibly higher.

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

If Perry or Palin or Bachmann or any other idiots with similar views are elected president, I'm not only going to stop going on holiday to America and stop buying American stuff, I'm also going to move to Asia so that I'm as far away from America as possible. No offense to the sane Americans.
Last Edited by Luna Tique; 08-18-2011 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Swiggty Swag, whats in the bag?
Send a message via Skype™ to Nox
View Posts: 10,089

Horrible. In fact, I think Perry is trolling seeing as a few years ago, he said he doesn't even want to run for president, and now he is.

You know what? I hope he runs and loses. As a moderate Republican, I want him to try and run so that way all the moderates will tell the crazies like him (and Bachmann oh god her . . . ) to kindly GTFO the GOP. Then again . . . dont want to chance his dumbass winning.

Also, you guys like to say that the GOP has ♥♥♥♥ty candidates . . . well yes Palin, Bachmann, Perry, and Santorum are idiots, but the best chance that the GOP has going for it is Mitt Romney. Seriously, I like this guy, he is a moderate, isn't afraid to get things done and actually criticizes President Obama rather than rabidly attacks him. And if there are quips like that, its more than likely him strategizing in order to get some attention, but he knows not to do it much lest he be lumped in with the crazies.

So yeah, Romeny for 2012! And if the idiots do run, watch them lose hardcore. Sure they'll win a fundie vote or two, but not by much.

Artwork. Why not critique so I can get better, plz :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I have a friend who once asked me if vaginas had taste buds. Because of flavored condoms.

We were 17
Last Edited by Nox; 08-18-2011 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Soli
  #46 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2011, 04:57 PM
The Artist Formerly Known As Flex Buffchest
Send a message via Skype™ to Sgt. Pepper
View Posts: 2,848

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Guys you're all spelling it wrong.

It's Parry.

Oh I am a HUGE Parry supporting. I've always said that Bush wasn't republican enough. Parry is a man who stands by his conviction that Global Warming is a myth and the EPA needs to stop restricting Job Creators the same way he stands infront of his idling bus for hours. He is a man who knows the difference between right and wrong, and even occasionally follows through. More importantly he is a man who is willing to change parties and then act as the paragon of said party when it's profitable. A business man. Thats the sort of man we need in office.

Parry 2012.
I agree. And I know that I'm probably one of the only Conservatives on here and that I'm going to get a shoe up my ass about this, but I agree completely. I'm sure that Parry would do much more than Obama, because Obama didn't do anything.
  #47 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2011, 05:04 PM
The glory, jest, and riddle of the world
View Posts: 3,884

Methinks she was being sarcastic.
  #48 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Spirit of Seasons
View Posts: 1,909

It's Parry. With an A for America. And for Iowa.

I'm undecided, which should have been an option in the poll. I like what I hear from him, but I'm not at all decided on whether or not what I'm hearing is honest, or if it's just a bid to buy the Christian/Conservative vote.
  #49 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattj View Post
It's Parry. With an A for America. And for Iowa.

I'm undecided, which should have been an option in the poll. I like what I hear from him, but I'm not at all decided on whether or not what I'm hearing is honest, or if it's just a bid to buy the Christian/Conservative vote.
I'm basically the same way. He seems to have decent ideas, but to be fair, he hasn't really said much. I think I'm more for Romney than Perry.
Last Edited by Sgt. Pepper; 08-18-2011 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2011, 05:34 PM
Avalanchemike Avalanchemike is a male The Byzantine Empire Avalanchemike is offline
patron saint of subtlety
Send a message via Skype™ to Avalanchemike

View Posts: 24,575

Quote:
Not nearly as bad as if Kerry/Edwards would have won. Edwards was cheating on his wife while she was dying of cancer and then tried to pay to cover it up. He has a child with the woman. Edwards once promised his secret lover that after his wife died, he would marry her in a rooftop ceremony in New York with an appearance by the Dave Matthews Band. What an idiot...
Clinton cheated on his wife on numerous occasions, but he left the Oval Office with surplus. I rather have a competent leader at the helm of my nation that isn't as "moral" as his lackluster or worse opponent. Just because a man (or woman) can make poor choices with regards to their emotions doesn't mean that they cannot perform well at their jobs still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulpes View Post
To be fair, he didn't get the popular vote the first time.
That makes it better than when they got to know his administration for what it was and voted him in a second time?

Quote:
Yeah...the laughing stock of the west...

None of that has any bearing really on whether or not the people in your country are ignorant and under-educated. For all the money the US makes, it cannot educate it's citizens better nor is the gender equality situation better any of the Nordic countries, it cannot provide a level of health care for all of it's citizens on par with that of France or Spain ... I could go on and on about how America is NOT a great country. I really don't want to do that, because I don't like that.

America started as something pretty wonderful, set in some marvelous ideals; it was the most enlightened nation in it's day and what it is now doesn't do that legacy justice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catface View Post
a Rick Perry victory in the GOP primary would be an amazing victory for the Democratic party.

an extremist moron as the Repubican candidate is just what the Dems need: someone who will marginalize the swing voters.
I've heard quite a lot of people say this sorta thing actually. "I hope Palin gets in so Obama will win!" But honestly, I'd be more scared of her
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Rick Perry (who has bankrupted Texas, is slashing education and social funding like there's no tomorrow, routinely holds prayer rallies instead of trying to fix problems, etc.) as president would be a disaster. Perry as the GOP candidate might finally drive the sensible GOP members to break off into their own party, exiling the Tea Party idiots to their own fringe party and allowing political discourse in the US to stop being almost literally off the scale to the right.

Likewise Bachmann.

So while I hope that they never get within 50 lightyears of any Federal government position in the US, I do rather want them to end up as head of the Republican party.
Have I said I love you recently? Because I do.

1 person liked this post: Silver
  #51 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2011, 06:21 PM
THUNDER PROPHET ARRGH
View Posts: 216

Quote:

mfw

Ever heard of GPD per capita?
  #52 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2011, 06:23 PM
Being a lunatic isn't enough
View Posts: 1,927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulpes View Post
Methinks she was being sarcastic.
She better be being sarcastic.
  #53 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2011, 06:32 PM
Burning hooves means Littlepip is watching...
Send a message via AIM to Puck
View Posts: 15,579

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I agree. And I know that I'm probably one of the only Conservatives on here and that I'm going to get a shoe up my ass about this, but I agree completely. I'm sure that Parry would do much more than Obama, because Obama didn't do anything.
Now here's a man who knows what he is talking about. Obama, that commi, didn't do anything to help the American people. Did he WRITE Obamacare? of course not, he just signed it into law. Did he go out there and Kill Osama Bin Laden, OF course not because he's too scared to get his hands dirty so he sent his goons to do it. He just sits on his Desk in the oval office planning on how best to screw us over next.

Parry is a man we can trust. He does things. Like shooting Coyotes who get to close to his dog. because ♥♥♥♥ coyotes they're all ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s. He also pledged not to raise taxes, and he didn't. Unless you count that one time he taxed Strip clubs, but strippers aren't people. Corporations are people. Anyway, he's the man for the job. He opposes the 16th Amendment you know. because he FEELS that the best way to get rid of the countries debt is to stop taking in revenue. You may say, but Puck that wont work, well you obviously didn't take economics. And neither did Parry. He does however have a Bachelors Degree in Animal Science, which is why he knows Coyotes are dangerous.

Parry 2012.
Last Edited by Puck; 08-18-2011 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #54 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2011, 07:24 PM
Skyloftian
View Posts: 671

Christian nut who believes in the death penalty, guns and teaching creationism in schools

What could possibly go wrong

Wii Zelda .:. Skyward Sword .:. Zelda Skyward Sword
Zelda Images/Pictures .:. Zelda Forums .:. Zelda Sprites
Nintendo News
Looking for Staff members, please PM if interested
  #55 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2011, 07:27 PM
Lazer_Falcon Lazer_Falcon is a male United States Lazer_Falcon is offline
Chicken Murderer
View Posts: 853

Perry wouldn't be that bad. He's hardly known on a national level and I think you all should step back and stop reading CNN and MSNBC for a few weeks and wait for the man to speak.

Obama has been a terrible leader and his approval ratings are in the toilet. Whether or not he spends an expected billion dollars on the next race, he's in for a rough time. This is what we get for electing a man with literally no experience qualifications for the job...

We need a President that is actually a leader and who'll stick with what they say. Oh yea, and not apologize for the United States!

There are other candidates I'd wish could get further, but the powers that be would never have it.
1 person liked this post: Timelord Link
  #56 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2011, 08:22 PM
Fighter of the Nightman.
View Posts: 8,546

Quote:
I'm really hoping the Republicans come out with a Michele Bachmann / Sarah Palin ticket. I think Tina Fey and Amy Poehler would really appreciate it. It would give me something to laugh about.

Perry can't beat Obama. No one is going to vote for some bigot from Texas over the guy that caught Osama Bin Laden.

1) Does one else find it hilarious that whenever the GOP touts a "legitimate" female canidate they are bat♥♥♥♥ insane, or incredibly stupid, or even a combination of both? O Donell, Palin, Bachmann, they couldnt find any better options to get women voters?

2) Republicans love Rick Perry and guess what? Unlike Democrats they actually vote. Thats one thing the GOP always does right, they know how to rally the base, how else have they been so damn sucessful in being the party of no since they took over the House? It doesnt help that the Dems are too busy infighting to get anything done

3) Seal Team Six got him, Obama did give the go ahead though

4) I highly doubt Obama will be re-elected with the way the economy has been heading the past few weeks.

5) I actually like Mitt Romney as he is actually the most moderate of all the GOP canidates, but he is a mormon and this is 'Murica, we cant have a "heathen" in office now can we?
  #57 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2011, 08:46 PM
PReSEnT DaY... PReSEnT TImE! HAhAHahAha!
Send a message via Skype™ to John
View Posts: 21,308

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer_Falcon View Post
Perry wouldn't be that bad. He's hardly known on a national level and I think you all should step back and stop reading CNN and MSNBC for a few weeks and wait for the man to speak.
I don't watch CNN, since it's nothing but sensationalist tabloid nonsense, and I generally don't follow MSNBC, though it's at least a centrist news source. Lemme guess, we should all watch FOX for the truth?

Parry's actions have already spoken for him. He's quite possibly out of touch with reality, sees nothing wrong with outright getting rid of education, holds massive prayer rallies, couldn't financially manage his way out of a $1 fine, is anti-woman and anti-"Heathen"...He makes Reagan look like Castro in his political views.

Quote:
Obama has been a terrible leader and his approval ratings are in the toilet. Whether or not he spends an expected billion dollars on the next race, he's in for a rough time. This is what we get for electing a man with literally no experience qualifications for the job...
No experience? Seriously? No qualifications? Do you even do 15 seconds of research before posting?

Quote:
We need a President that is actually a leader and who'll stick with what they say.
This I agree with. Obama's been a problem because he keeps making needless and pointless compromises with the right.

Quote:
Oh yea, and not apologize for the United States!
Why not? The US makes mistakes. When mistakes are made, people should apologize. Isn't rocket science. A politician that never apologizes is one that makes mistakes and then blames the victims. Admittedly, that sums up Parry pretty well, but that's not the sort of person I want to have power.
"You must be, or you wouldn't have come here."

Public Key ID: 057420A1
3 people liked this post: Armillary, Luna Tique, SacredSturgeon
  #58 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2011, 09:14 PM
Spirit of Seasons
View Posts: 1,909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofo Jones View Post
1) Does one else find it hilarious that whenever the GOP touts a "legitimate" female canidate they are bat♥♥♥♥ insane, or incredibly stupid, or even a combination of both? O Donell, Palin, Bachmann, they couldnt find any better options to get women voters?
I assume you're kidding, but man, this sounds really really sexist. Shockingly sexist, if, as I assume, you support the progressive ideals that the Democratic party claims to espouse.
  #59 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattj View Post
I assume you're kidding, but man, this sounds really really sexist. Shockingly sexist, if, as I assume, you support the progressive ideals that the Democratic party claims to espouse.
I kind of agree, but just because they're girls, doesn't make it sexist. Maybe people just don't agree with their policies. I think that the female politicians that were listed originally had good ideas, until they were abused for their personal lives i.e Sarah Palin's daughter and her "I can see Russia from my house" thing. But don't act like Democrats had decent female candidates.

Last Edited by Sgt. Pepper; 08-18-2011 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #60 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2011, 09:24 PM
❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖
View Posts: 1,274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Avalanchemichael View Post
Clinton cheated on his wife on numerous occasions, but he left the Oval Office with surplus. I rather have a competent leader at the helm of my nation that isn't as "moral" as his lackluster or worse opponent. Just because a man (or woman) can make poor choices with regards to their emotions doesn't mean that they cannot perform well at their jobs still.
You elect a person to represent you and make decisions that directly affect you and your future. If that person shows a history of poor judgment and bad decisions in their personal life, chances are they are going to continue to behave in a similar way if elected. I don't think that a candidates personal life should be the primary factor when determining whether or not to vote for him, but I do think that it should definitely be evaluated during the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Avalanchemichael View Post
None of that has any bearing really on whether or not the people in your country are ignorant and under-educated. For all the money the US makes, it cannot educate it's citizens better nor is the gender equality situation better any of the Nordic countries, it cannot provide a level of health care for all of it's citizens on par with that of France or Spain ... I could go on and on about how America is NOT a great country. I really don't want to do that, because I don't like that.
The people in our country are so under-educated that we managed to come out with most of the advancements in medicine and technology of the last 30 years. We must be doing something right.

For every reason you present on why America is not a great country I could probably give you 5 reasons why it is in fact the best country. There aren't really any other nations with which to compare the United States to because none of them really even fit into the same category as the United States.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre de Mundo
haha why are you bringing GDP into this? Nobody looks at a country's GDP and goes "lol look at how little money they make as a nation".

No, what I meant is that people laugh at the US because people like Bush, Palin, Perry etc. are considered legit candidates to lead a nation.
It's more, look how much more valuable the United States is compared to others. Look at how much louder our voice is on the international stage when compared to even the collective voice of the European Union.

The current political environment isn't pretty, but it's where we're at. Obama will most likely win his bid for reelection. He hasn't done everything he promised in the 2008 campaign, but it's kind of hard to clean your dishes when the house is on fire. Obama isn't perfect, but he was definitely a step in the right direction.
Last Edited by Armillary; 08-18-2011 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote

Tags
debating about trash, nayru is awesome, nayru is glorious, poitics, stupidity