Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #101 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2009, 04:50 PM
Valhelm Valhelm is a male United States Valhelm is offline
vladith
Send a message via Skype™ to Valhelm
Steam ID: Vladith
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
View Posts: 8,849
Re: Sex before marriage

So, you'd rather have millions of illegitimate children than people having pre-maritial sex?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #102 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2009, 04:53 PM
zuroshi zuroshi is offline
Kokiri
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: House O' Bananas
View Posts: 89
Re: Sex before marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhelm View Post
So, you'd rather have millions of illegitimate children than people having pre-maritial sex?
There's a difference between those two?

Hah!
Reply With Quote
  #103 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2009, 04:58 PM
fratey Sweden fratey is offline
Angry Lenin

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
View Posts: 8,854
Re: Sex before marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni Dark Link View Post
Danger: I'm not saying ignore prevention but if we just didn't make it seem like the miracle fix for pregnancy then perhaps they owuldn't be as willing to have sex. Nowhere in my post did I say we shouldn't teach prevention.
It basically is a miracle fix compared to abstinence education. Several times more effective.
__________________
おはようございます!
Reply With Quote
  #104 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2009, 05:29 PM
eiyuu_004 eiyuu_004 is a male United States eiyuu_004 is offline
Guardian Dragon
Join Date: Feb 2009
View Posts: 2,789
Re: Sex before marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXavierB View Post
I do too. I always felt like I was the only one who thought it was silly for humanity to think we're so far "above" animals when we're just animals ourselves. We're sentient, but we have the same instincts and urges as other animals. It's silly to suppress them.

Granted, sentience allows us to make wise, logical decisions. But that doesn't mean we're any better than other species. We just evolved differently.
I don't think we are the only things here that are sentient though. And other animals make "wise" decisions (whatever that is, lol) all the time. Like when a wild dog gives up on one prey for another. Or when certain animals choose certain foods over another when realizing the cost of obtaining them versus what they will gain from it. And if you've heard of Koko the gorilla, she had a pet kitten that she looked after and played with, but when her care-taker told her the kitten had been hit by a car and was no longer alive (through sign language), she replied with the signs for "sad" and "bad." I mean, other animals imo clearly express emotion and reasoning skills, and all animals make decisions all the time, but we have evolved true Language and are able to teach each other things in ways other animals can't, such as through books, or other forms of writing, or just by speaking from across a room. The spread of our knowledge became much easier and more efficient while other animals, such as chimps, rely on imitation to teach.
Reply With Quote
  #105 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2009, 05:46 PM
Dafoid United States Dafoid is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: A dimension of mind
View Posts: 7,291
Re: Sex before marriage

I have mixed feelings about this. "Yes" is for the same reasons already discussed. However, "no" is also in my mind. Everyone seems to hold marriage as an important thing and many are trying to endorse it for their children or same-sex couples (no, that's not an incentive on a same-sex marriage debate here). If it is so important, then why do the same people which support such things endorse sex before marriage?

Of course I still don't have a clear opinion and believe that sex before marriage should be legal, but those should be pointed out.
Reply With Quote
  #106 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Zeruda United States Zeruda is offline
A bigger Zeldafag than you
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeruda
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: #zelda
View Posts: 606
Re: Sex before marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperactivity View Post
That's an awfully risky investment though, isnt it? What if your partner is simply absolutely unsatisfactory, sexually? There has to be something said for testing out the goods before you buy.
Why would that matter, out of curiosity? If he was going to save himself for marriage (or serious relationship, what have you), would how well they do in bed really matter? It's not like one can't improve. If you truly loved somebody enough to marry them, would you let poor performance in bed stop you from marrying them? That seems pretty messed up to me. They could always learn from each other and improve.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislike Of Renegades View Post
superdecimal i'm not an attn whore i just like get compliments from people :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessZelda032 View Post
Lol okay? I am big chested by the way. Its hard to not cover them.
I have no tits and I'm hotter than you. So really, stop trying.
It's just not going to work for you.
Reply With Quote
  #107 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2009, 10:00 PM
sage_of_fire sage_of_fire is a male United States sage_of_fire is offline
Vagiza?
Send a message via AIM to sage_of_fire
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mississippi
View Posts: 2,296
Re: Sex before marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhelm View Post
So, you'd rather have millions of illegitimate children than people having pre-maritial sex?
What do you consider to be an illegitimate child?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #108 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2009, 10:06 PM
molph molph is offline
ninjas
Join Date: Aug 2009
View Posts: 3,752
Re: Sex before marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage_of_fire View Post
What do you consider to be an illegitimate child?
Valhelm probably means when people are married and they cheat on their spouses and get pregnant.
It's bound to happen and I have yet to be proven wrong about this (countries that kill people for doing this don't count).
If two virgins marry, eventually they're going to get curious about what other people would be like in bed.
One will eventually cheat.
It always happens, even if nobody finds out.
It may not happen for twenty or thirty years, but it does happen.
People need to explore so that there are no doubts with marriage.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AXavierB View Post
That's a benefit of homosexual relationships; you can have as much sex with your partner as you want without having to worry about someone getting knocked up. =P
EXACTLY. Too bad I could never be homosexual. Female parts are beyond creepy to me.
__________________
"I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."
Reply With Quote
  #109 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2009, 10:29 PM
Derek Derek is a male Derek is offline
is on Temp. Semi-Leave
Join Date: Mar 2008
View Posts: 376
Re: Sex before marriage

I don't mind when people want to have sex, I'm only concerned when it causes problems for others. Such things are safe sex practices, babies, etc.

Otherwise, I'm a person that feels sex is not important in a relationship, but rather it's a perk, a bonus to one. I personally want sex with someone I love, over some random person. Why? Sex is fun, and to some people this is to a high extent due to sensitivity, ideals, philosophy, etc.

With that said, sex is fun, but limiting and normally fast. I'm more of a foreplay guy, enjoying my partner's anatomy (yes, feeling them up and more... much more than just between their legs) and being close to them. However, when the 'height' comes, sex is usually the result, but it's not required to me. I don't mind if my partner isn't up for it, as I play for the sake of playing, not for the goal and desire of sex. So, I'm still happy

Anyways, sex should just be a thing people do out of the want for it. The reason people feel sex should be after marriage is because of the baby making thing, which I agree should be only after marriage. But safe and protected sex is more than fine to do before or after.
__________________
Wii Hotspot :: Coming Later this year, or early next year.
http://www.wiihotspot.com
Upcoming social platform for the Wii

ZU's Temple forum revision won Board of the Month! Thanks to who ever that voted.
Reply With Quote
  #110 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2009, 10:39 PM
Ysionris The Byzantine Empire Ysionris is offline
Cloud Cuckoolander

Join Date: Oct 2009
View Posts: 1,796
Re: Sex before marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
I don't mind when people want to have sex, I'm only concerned when it causes problems for others. Such things are safe sex practices, babies, etc.

Otherwise, I'm a person that feels sex is not important in a relationship, but rather it's a perk, a bonus to one. I personally want sex with someone I love, over some random person. Why? Sex is fun, and to some people this is to a high extent due to sensitivity, ideals, philosophy, etc.

With that said, sex is fun, but limiting and normally fast. I'm more of a foreplay guy, enjoying my partner's anatomy (yes, feeling them up and more... much more than just between their legs) and being close to them. However, when the 'height' comes, sex is usually the result, but it's not required to me. I don't mind if my partner isn't up for it, as I play for the sake of playing, not for the goal and desire of sex. So, I'm still happy

Anyways, sex should just be a thing people do out of the want for it. The reason people feel sex should be after marriage is because of the baby making thing, which I agree should be only after marriage. But safe and protected sex is more than fine to do before or after.
I moreorless mirror your views. Except, you know, I've never had sex, so the third paragraph isn't really applicable to me. ^_^;
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Sagan
People are not stupid. They believe things for reasons. The last way for skeptics to get the attention of bright, curious, intelligent people is to belittle or condescend or to show arrogance toward their beliefs.
Reply With Quote
  #111 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2009, 10:44 PM
Derek Derek is a male Derek is offline
is on Temp. Semi-Leave
Join Date: Mar 2008
View Posts: 376
Re: Sex before marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysionris View Post
I moreorless mirror your views. Except, you know, I've never had sex, so the third paragraph isn't really applicable to me. ^_^;
I've had it the bad way and some of the good way. You know, once had a 'friends with benefits' thing Sex without love is not the same as love without sex. Only one can be true, fulfilling, and a lasting happiness. I hope I don't have to label which one I'm referring to >.>

Though don't get me wrong, sex is a nice treat to a relationship, just not something I'd label as important. Though I would say different to foreplay, as that's one of the main ways to show love
__________________
Wii Hotspot :: Coming Later this year, or early next year.
http://www.wiihotspot.com
Upcoming social platform for the Wii

ZU's Temple forum revision won Board of the Month! Thanks to who ever that voted.
Reply With Quote
  #112 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2009, 10:49 PM
Ysionris The Byzantine Empire Ysionris is offline
Cloud Cuckoolander

Join Date: Oct 2009
View Posts: 1,796
Re: Sex before marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
I've had it the bad way and some of the good way. You know, once had a 'friends with benefits' thing
And I don't have anything against that~ I have many friends who are the same. ^_^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Sex without love is not the same as love without sex. Only one can be true, fulfilling, and a lasting happiness. I hope I don't have to label which one I'm referring to >.>
*smiles coyly* I wonder... X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Though don't get me wrong, sex is a nice treat to a relationship, just not something I'd label as important. Though I would say different to foreplay, as that's one of the main ways to show love
Moreorless what I said in my first post (that's lost somewhere either on the fourth or fifth page); I personally don't think it's something that's all that much of a big deal as long as you're going in with both eyes open. Figuratively, of course. ^_^;
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Sagan
People are not stupid. They believe things for reasons. The last way for skeptics to get the attention of bright, curious, intelligent people is to belittle or condescend or to show arrogance toward their beliefs.
Reply With Quote
  #113 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2009, 10:58 PM
brokenjoker Sweden brokenjoker is offline
:coffee:



Join Date: Jan 2008
View Posts: 17,823
Re: Sex before marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Though don't get me wrong, sex is a nice treat to a relationship, just not something I'd label as important. Though I would say different to foreplay, as that's one of the main ways to show love
I agree with you here. Totally.

I always thought this. When I would date people, I never had the dying urge to have sex with them (excuse the details), but I found I had a stronger urge just to touch them.. sounds wrong, but I mean in the sense that you stated above.

As for the actual topic, I'm really for both things. I've seen many a people who have waited until after marriage, and they're quite happy with the choices that they've made, and then I've seen those who didn't wait till marriage, and they're still together and quite happy. I think you just need to be smart about it.

Sex is a pretty powerful thing, and I don't care what others say otherwise. I've seen what it's done to people, including myself. Some for the better, some for the worse.

But whatever! Just be smart is all I really care about.
Reply With Quote
  #114 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-27-2009, 01:33 AM
Marshmallow Moo Marshmallow Moo is a female United States Marshmallow Moo is offline
derp
Send a message via AIM to Marshmallow Moo
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: A cornfield
View Posts: 1,095
Re: Sex before marriage

In my personal opinion, I think it's not entirely wise to give yourself to a person you're not sure you will end up with for the rest of your life, or at least for a long time. You see, sex creates a chemical bond in the human body that emotionally ties you to your parter. If you leave that person, not only will it devastate you emotionally, but you will remember that person for the rest of your life. This is, of course, strongest for the first time someone has sex.

On another argument, having premarital sex can create all sorts of problems like unwanted children and STD's. While either of those do not go away once married, they become statistically less likely.

I suppose premarital sex is a person's own choice, but I suggest you at least get to know a person VERY WELL before you do it. If you don't, very unwanted situations are likely to arise.
__________________

-thank you veritas for the lovely sig& avvy-
Last Edited by Marshmallow Moo; 10-27-2009 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #115 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-27-2009, 02:15 AM
Derek Derek is a male Derek is offline
is on Temp. Semi-Leave
Join Date: Mar 2008
View Posts: 376
Re: Sex before marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenjoker View Post
I agree with you here. Totally.

I always thought this. When I would date people, I never had the dying urge to have sex with them (excuse the details), but I found I had a stronger urge just to touch them.. sounds wrong, but I mean in the sense that you stated above.

As for the actual topic, I'm really for both things. I've seen many a people who have waited until after marriage, and they're quite happy with the choices that they've made, and then I've seen those who didn't wait till marriage, and they're still together and quite happy. I think you just need to be smart about it.

Sex is a pretty powerful thing, and I don't care what others say otherwise. I've seen what it's done to people, including myself. Some for the better, some for the worse.

But whatever! Just be smart is all I really care about.
I am a big touching person. I love to tease, pleasure, and even sexually pleasure/tease XD Hey, I'm a guy, I like to be pervy But yeah, for me it's all about tickling, massaging, rubbing, cuddling, kissing, lic-erf, best not tell all the details

There's two things that contribute to the majority of failed marriages:
  • Not getting to know each other enough before marriage... Aka, rushing to it instead of talking things over and understanding each other to truly love each other for who they are.
  • Confusing love with sex, thinking great sex (which can seem like love from the possible foreplay) means they're the one. Sometimes this can be added with sexual 'accidents' where a kid is in the picture.
There's also the "people change" issue, but normally it's because of the first option. There can always be exceptions to the reasons, such as accidents or what not with each others preferences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow Moo View Post
In my personal opinion, I think it's not entirely wise to give yourself to a person you're not sure you will end up with for the rest of your life, or at least for a long time. You see, sex creates a chemical bond in the human body that emotionally ties you to your parter. If you leave that person, not only will it devastate you emotionally, but you will remember that person for the rest of your life. This is, of course, strongest for the first time someone has sex.

On another argument, having premarital sex can create all sorts of problems like unwanted children and STD's. While either of those do not go away once married, they become statistically less likely.

I suppose premarital sex is a person's own choice, but I suggest you at least get to know a person VERY WELL before you do it. If you don't, very unwanted situations are likely to arise.
Sex is not the same as love. You're not chemically bonded, since you retain your liquids and what not, with anything that could have been transmitted to the other body is on it's way to disposal. Of course STDs and child birth are different in that regard.

Statistically, people cheat on each other and others have lost the lust and love in their relations. Holding off til marriage could also rush decisions for the sake of knowing how a certain aspect is experienced. So, it's not healthy to run relationships off sex, it's a unstable asset and will cause the relationship to crumble if it's the main support beam in your house of love.

So while I agree with safe sex and not whoring yourself out, finding love and "getting it on" is just fine, as long as both sides are fine with it and safety is taken. Sex is not a big deal otherwise, though it 'can' be a negative big deal if handled wrong.
__________________
Wii Hotspot :: Coming Later this year, or early next year.
http://www.wiihotspot.com
Upcoming social platform for the Wii

ZU's Temple forum revision won Board of the Month! Thanks to who ever that voted.
Reply With Quote
  #116 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-27-2009, 04:14 AM
theunabletable theunabletable is a male United States theunabletable is offline
(◕‿◕✿)
Send a message via AIM to theunabletable
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: socal
View Posts: 4,050
Re: Sex before marriage

What difference does it make how other people have joy?

And I don't understand the logic behind "you should be in love to have sex". In what way does sex equate love?
Reply With Quote
  #117 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-27-2009, 04:32 AM
Tigerboi Tigerboi is a male United States Tigerboi is offline
ZU fighting game guru.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerboi
Join Date: Jul 2004
View Posts: 5,061
Re: Sex before marriage

Marriage is superficial bull♥♥♥♥ anyway, guys.
Reply With Quote
  #118 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-27-2009, 06:24 AM
fratey Sweden fratey is offline
Angry Lenin

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
View Posts: 8,854
Re: Sex before marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerboi View Post
Marriage is superficial bull♥♥♥♥ anyway, guys.
Someone finally got it right.
__________________
おはようございます!
Reply With Quote
  #119 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-27-2009, 06:52 AM
Tigerboi Tigerboi is a male United States Tigerboi is offline
ZU fighting game guru.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerboi
Join Date: Jul 2004
View Posts: 5,061
Re: Sex before marriage

Aside from all the legal benefits you get from it, it's really stupid how we as a society treat marriage as if it's part of natural life progression.

I don't have nay plans to get married as of now and if I met someone I really cared about it wouldn't be a priority even then.

I don't need a ring to show that I love someone. If you want to be with someone for the rest of your life, then just BE WITH THEM. No promises. No rings. Just do it.

Marriage is around basically because people are afraid of being alone. people just need to realize that someone CAN'T BELONG TO YOU even if you're married.
Reply With Quote
  #120 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-27-2009, 07:35 PM
Beemnorv Beemnorv is a male Canada Beemnorv is offline
Sexaforce
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North-West
View Posts: 4,270
Re: Sex before marriage

I see your logic Tigerboi. Although, marriage does seem more meaningful to some people and, as you said, it gets you legal benefits.

In my new opinion, sex is okay before marriage as long as you truly trust the person whom you are with, so that you have greater trust to build your marriage upon.

Also, people under 20 should not have sex because teenagers tend to make a lot of rash decisions due to going through puberty and having an urge to be curious and try new things.
__________________
The Legend of Zelda
......................................../ ---- GS ------ GF - TWW/WotS --- ST
SS - TMC - FS - [OoT] - ALttP/OoX - GR --- LoZ/AoL
...............................\ ---------- TP ------ FSA
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
marriage, sex


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:46 PM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -