Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: Marijuana- Good or Bad
Good. 90 38.63%
Bad. 78 33.48%
doesn't matter. 59 25.32%
Remove This Now Mods 6 2.58%
Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #81 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-12-2009, 06:16 PM
Dafoid United States Dafoid is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: A dimension of mind
View Posts: 7,291
Re: Marijuana - Good or bad?

It would be a great benefit to the legal system and the movement is in favor of the rights of the individual.

It's true that the tar can damage your lungs and it can be slightly addictive but it is easy to get off of and your health is your choice.

My experience was lame (after ~3 big hits of "the good stuff" I still didn't go anywhere probably because of an extreme drug tolerance), but I would still encourage legalization.
Last Edited by Dafoid; 10-12-2009 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #82 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-14-2009, 11:32 PM
kman7100 kman7100 is a male United States kman7100 is offline
Kokiri
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: your mom
View Posts: 71
Re: Marijuana - Good or bad?

Some sources, sorry it took awhile to find my presentation, and I have yet to find 12 other specifics, but im working on it, on top of 14 hour days.
http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/factsmyths/
A site with it's facts backed up with scholarly sources.
http://dissidentvoice.org/Articles/H...riminalize.htm
A site worth a quick read. You can find some bias however.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4414651731007#
"The Union: The Business Behind Getting High" Great documentary, totally worth watching, My fave out of all sources.
http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/ncnu02/v5-284.html
Purdue. 'nuff said.

Again, I will post more as I find them. Also, look up the documentary "Grass".
__________________
Do you know what the k stands for?
Reply With Quote
  #83 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-14-2009, 11:44 PM
Σεβαστιαν Madagascar Σεβαστιαν is offline
Choose your color♥
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In cold winters
View Posts: 2,541
Re: Marijuana - Good or bad?

Well it can be bad if your brain isn't done developing, but say you've had a stressful day, taking some weed is fine. As long as it is pure weed and it isn't too much. And you shouldn't take it more then twice a week in my opinion. I wouldn't do marijuana period though, unless I knew where it came from, how high I'd get, and what was in it.
__________________

OZ . G

"The warmth of that sunset, it calms my breath, as I bleed to death." -Sebastian
Reply With Quote
  #84 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-14-2009, 11:47 PM
medusaspath medusaspath is a female United States medusaspath is offline
paran0id andr0id - the lotos eater
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NY
View Posts: 119
Re: Marijuana - Good or bad?

I'm assuming we're just talking about our own opinion of the drug, not about legality and such.

I said it doesn't matter because I don't enjoy marijuana but I don't think that it is an unsafe drug to do.
__________________
There are two kinds of visual memory: one when you skillfully recreate an image in the laboratory of your mind, with your eyes open (and then I see Annabel in such general terms as: “honey-colored skin,” “thin arms,” “brown bobbed hair,” “long lashes,” “big bright mouth”); and the other when you instantly evoke, with shut eyes, on the dark innerside of your eyelids, the objective, absolutely optical replica of a beloved face, a little ghost in natural colors (and this is how I see Lolita).
Reply With Quote
  #85 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-14-2009, 11:52 PM
kman7100 kman7100 is a male United States kman7100 is offline
Kokiri
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: your mom
View Posts: 71
Re: Marijuana - Good or bad?

Smoke as much as you want, refer to my sources, It will not harm you, it will not kill you, and it can be a healthy choice.
__________________
Do you know what the k stands for?
Reply With Quote
  #86 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-25-2009, 10:47 PM
Sharia for the UK Sharia for the UK is a male United States Sharia for the UK is offline
Hate my life, love myself
Join Date: May 2005
Location: CoCo County
View Posts: 4,842
Re: Marijuana - Good or bad?

I put that it doesn't matter

You guys are lame. I've probably smoked more weed then any of you. It is the worst drug out there.

I say mostly sarcastic, partially serious. Of course, though, meth and heroin aren't even worth comparing it to. It just seeps into your life and out of nowhere it becomes an everyday thing. It is physically addicting, but the withdrawals are weaker then caffeine, if you've ever gotten a major case of that.

It is not healthy and there are way better treatments for anxiety, ADD, Bipolar, and Depression. How can I say this? I have all of those! It makes anxiety way worse, instead of ADD you get lethargy after using for a while, and doesn't help one bit with the other two. The vast majority of "medical users" here in Ca fake it and just pay 200$ to get a medical card, some even lie to themselves. Though, I don't doubt it's abilty for serious diseases like cancer.

After smoking it everyday for a while it becomes weird to be without it and the highs become lame. It becomes like an opiate almost, more to have done then to get significant effects after a while. You can easily forget that you're high. Though that being said after a weak of not doing it, you can completely forget about it and move on. I haven't smoked for a little more then 6 weeks because of legal issues, and I love it.

Emotionals aren't dulled and life is fresh.

I have little intention of smoking again, other then a once in a while thing. Same with all other drugs. For the next 9 months, I will be constantly drug tested. The only drugs I'll be doing is cocaine, MDMA (pure ecstacy, not the pills), DXM (don't cure a cough but can send you into other worlds), Psychedelics, Ritalin (perscribed), caffeine and mayby if I'm a dumbass or somehow learn self control, alcohol. I have a really bad personal history with this.

Anything but methylphenidate (ritalin) and caffeine, I'd only do those like once a month. Unless if I started drinking, in which case all hell is let loose. The problem with weed is that it doesn't seem to be an issue at all until you mix it wth every part of your life, and then you know. With meth, XTC, coke, oxycontin, PCP, smack, etc. you know it's a bad thing to do it everyday before you even start. With weed, you're able to deny it the whole way down your path of marijuana obsession.

With all that said and done, I think that it, like most drugs, should be legal. But, if you're going to start doing drugs, it might not be worth wasting your time with weed. Hard drugs and psychelics are much better.
__________________
You don't cure cancer by feeding it
Reply With Quote
  #87 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2009, 08:37 AM
Ogmios22188 United_States Ogmios22188 is offline
Why so serious?
Send a message via AIM to Ogmios22188
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New York
View Posts: 2,740
Re: Marijuana - Good or bad?

Unless you'd care to not overdose and die.
__________________

Thanks to Malony for the amazing avatar and signature.
Reply With Quote
  #88 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-27-2009, 08:19 PM
ich Will Swedish Empire ich Will is offline
Fab Emblem
Join Date: Apr 2003
View Posts: 12,301
Re: Marijuana - Good or bad?

I think some smokers of marijuana bring up not so believable facts to the people accusing them of being druggies or of having an unhealthy habit so that they won't feel like drugged up people.

Sure, you could say that if smoked limitedly, marijuana isn't bad for you. That it's not chemically addictive. That it's not like cocaine or whatever. But how often does that really matter? It's pretty rare for marijuana to not be abused. It can create psychological addiction as mentioned previously in this thread, and can definitely get you involved in some deep ♥♥♥♥. Not to mention you start thinking slower and slower and feel less motivated to do anything.

A friend of mine told me LSD isn't dangerous, because 'all you need to do' is to take it the right way and with the right people. Yeah, right, like that's gonna happen just like that. Obviously getting someone to volunteer to take care of you while you are high as hell isn't the easiest thing to pull off, and spending time with other users of drugs doesn't exactly help to find a "good enviroment" to do it in. LSD is apparently not chemically addictive either - but that hasn't stopped a lot of people from becoming addicted.

I do agree that yes, people abuse marijuana, it doesn't abuse them But let's face it, do you really think most people are going to smoke it responsibly? No. You can tell us about theoretical circumstances in which you claim you could smoke responsibly, but a lot of people can't follow up on such responsibility. Psychological addiction and bad company are difficult things to get rid of, and you can't always easily put your willpower into getting rid of those things.

In short, marijuana is safe enough to be smoked responsibly by some, but not by most. Once every now and then won't do you any real harm, I admit. Unless you could have higher chances of developing a psychosis such as for heredital reasons, or if you are pregnant.

Now, for the part where I speak of my experience with marijuana. It's not uncommon where I live, as it is a suburb. I've seen people here go from smoking marijuana to turning into drugdealers (I'm pretty familiar with a drugdealer two years younger than me...) and begun to abuse all types of crap. It's like freakin' Coca-Cola - everybody's gotta have some. It's almost everywhere here. I've seen childhood friends go from that to drugdealing (even at a young age) and jumping from marijuana to LSD to cocaine and who else knows, I have no idea what else they've been up to. Heck, I heard once that a guy got knocked out for not wanting to roll a blunt for some idiot. He got a big rock thrown right between his eyes. He got knocked out, and was bleeding pretty badly, not to mention the impact of that rock.

People are even smoking marijuana outside of school, and trying it before the 10th grade over here. I've seen friends and okay people turn into addicts, craving for a fix or some weed, constantly, to the point where they don't even feel the effects anymore. One I know has been in jail, and he's still up to no good. He's two years younger than me as well (it's not the drugdealer I mentioned earlier). A couple of buddies' whole night was completely ruined once, because I refused to borrow them a significant amount of cash so they could get their smoke on, and this was coming from people that very rarely even bothered to contact me. For that I almost got into a physical fight with an ass, and faced severe disrespect from a childhood friend.

Not to say that this all automatically applies to anyone that has tried marijuana or to anyone that is going to, but just think about what you could be getting yourself into. Some people think they can quit, leave it all behind, and that they're really not doing it that often, and that it's not so bad after all. Before they know it, they're in too deep and they don't know it before they are.

I admit I've smoked it plenty of times, but I left that crap behind me. The little it did for me did absolutely not compensate for the crap I went through to do it, not to mention lying and hurting people of my family. Even lying to others outside my family.

So before you act, I say keep the possibilities in mind. From feeling slower to psychological addiction to spending lots of cash on it to ending up in gangs or even drugdealing, it could all happen no matter who you are. Not to mention, the chance of developing a psychosis. In my case it was even more important to quit, as my dad has diagnosed schizophrenia, and I don't really want to be taking any risks if it could be heredital. That wasn't the reason I quit of course, but it was another good reason to.
Last Edited by ich Will; 10-27-2009 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #89 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Beemnorv Beemnorv is a male Canada Beemnorv is offline
Sexaforce
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North-West
View Posts: 4,270
Re: Marijuana - Good or bad?

I'm not sure if "hemp" is marijuana, but I heard that hemp was going to be used to make paper a long time ago. This would have put the logging industry out of business, so the government banned it to protect that industry.

Overall, I don't do any drugs whatsoever and don't plan on ever doing so as there are other ways of relieving stress.
__________________
The Legend of Zelda
......................................../ ---- GS ------ GF - TWW/WotS --- ST
SS - TMC - FS - [OoT] - ALttP/OoX - GR --- LoZ/AoL
...............................\ ---------- TP ------ FSA
Reply With Quote
  #90 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-28-2009, 11:15 PM
Sharia for the UK Sharia for the UK is a male United States Sharia for the UK is offline
Hate my life, love myself
Join Date: May 2005
Location: CoCo County
View Posts: 4,842
Re: Marijuana - Good or bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
Pretty much this. I have no desire to puff the magic dragon, but I have nothing against other people doing so. It should, however, be strictly controlled if legal.
That's ♥♥♥♥ing HEROIN, not weed, fool. Learn your drug lingo or kids will put feces in your locker like we do at my school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillZ4E View Post
A friend of mine told me LSD isn't dangerous, because 'all you need to do' is to take it the right way and with the right people. Yeah, right, like that's gonna happen just like that. Obviously getting someone to volunteer to take care of you while you are high as hell isn't the easiest thing to pull off, and spending time with other users of drugs doesn't exactly help to find a "good enviroment" to do it in. LSD is apparently not chemically addictive either - but that hasn't stopped a lot of people from becoming addicted.
LOL! LSD is extremely non-addictive. It's practically desinged so you can't be addicted to it. Tolerance builds up so quickly that if you were to do it everyday for a month, you're doses would be ridiculous. Like 10-15 tabs instead of 1 if taking SanFrancisco tabs. Closer to 30-40 otherwise.

In fact LSD is safer then smoking weed. Be aware that few decide to take doses equivalent to what they did in the 60s. Doses are around a third or fourth of that now. LSD is a drug that really needs to be government controlled and regulated. If the doses were specifically measured there'd be few issues. It's very safe but in the black market is hard to control as very few drug dealers have scales that measure in the micrograms.

In addictiveness, LSD is my favorite drug, bar none. I've never had cravings for it. The ones I have are weed, alcohol, and DXM. Coughsyrup is a way stronger mental craving then acid.

I have yet to hyear of an addictive Psychedelic. Other hallucinogins like weed (mildly physical), Disassociatives, and Deliriants. Never Psychedelics.


Quote:
I'm not sure if "hemp" is marijuana, but I heard that hemp was going to be used to make paper a long time ago. This would have put the logging industry out of business, so the government banned it to protect that industry.

Overall, I don't do any drugs whatsoever and don't plan on ever doing so as there are other ways of relieving stress.
Hemp is the sister of Cannabis. It has practically no THC.

Also, only addicts use drugs for stress, caused from the drug (or lack of). The reason people start doing drugs is because they're fun. Some make you feel enlightened (I was under this delusion for a long time), some just make you completely willing to do anything that's fun with no social restrictions holding you back. Most of the time people are just afterthe euphoria.
__________________
You don't cure cancer by feeding it
Last Edited by Sharia for the UK; 10-28-2009 at 11:41 PM. Reason: I'm a G Reply With Quote
  #91 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-29-2009, 10:06 PM
ich Will Swedish Empire ich Will is offline
Fab Emblem
Join Date: Apr 2003
View Posts: 12,301
Re: Marijuana - Good or bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKnite92 View Post

LOL! LSD is extremely non-addictive. It's practically desinged so you can't be addicted to it. Tolerance builds up so quickly that if you were to do it everyday for a month, you're doses would be ridiculous. Like 10-15 tabs instead of 1 if taking SanFrancisco tabs. Closer to 30-40 otherwise.

In fact LSD is safer then smoking weed. Be aware that few decide to take doses equivalent to what they did in the 60s. Doses are around a third or fourth of that now. LSD is a drug that really needs to be government controlled and regulated. If the doses were specifically measured there'd be few issues. It's very safe but in the black market is hard to control as very few drug dealers have scales that measure in the micrograms.
In addictiveness, LSD is my favorite drug, bar none. I've never had cravings for it. The ones I have are weed, alcohol, and DXM. Coughsyrup is a way stronger mental craving then acid.

I have yet to hyear of an addictive Psychedelic. Other hallucinogins like weed (mildly physical), Disassociatives, and Deliriants. Never Psychedelics.
I see your point, but psychological addiction can still develop from that. And then, if you find LSD to not be enough anymore, because as you say - it's not made to be addictive - surely your addiction will just find some other drug to get addicted to. The same thing has happened with plenty of smokers of marijuana - they've sought another drug to do for them what the marijuana eventually failed to do, because of their addiction. Not to say that everybody will develop a psychological addiction, but a lot of people do, and that's very likely one of the top reasons psychoactive drugs like that are illegal. I am of course pointing out the difference between a chemical addiction and a psychological one.

I do agree that if you don't get psychologically addicted to LSD, then chemically you're fine. That's a big if though. Also, as I said before, the circumstances in which you could find yourself in aren't exactly the best for you, no matter if the drug is harmless for you or not. I'm sure there are people out there that could get into bad company even if they're not really addicted in any way.

Quote:
Also, only addicts use drugs for stress, caused from the drug (or lack of). The reason people start doing drugs is because they're fun. Some make you feel enlightened (I was under this delusion for a long time), some just make you completely willing to do anything that's fun with no social restrictions holding you back. Most of the time people are just afterthe euphoria.
If you use it to relieve stress, that's a psychological addiction.

Also, I'd advise you to not 'LOL!' at people when you're trying to make a point, as it is truly disrespectful. We are all equal here.
Last Edited by ich Will; 10-29-2009 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #92 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-29-2009, 10:30 PM
Alonely Alonely is a female United States Alonely is offline
Intelligence seems to be overrated.
Send a message via AIM to Alonely Send a message via Yahoo to Alonely Send a message via Skype™ to Alonely
Steam ID: kaytree

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 2014 A.D.
View Posts: 3,261
Re: Marijuana - Good or bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKnite92 View Post
LOL! LSD is extremely non-addictive. It's practically desinged so you can't be addicted to it. Tolerance builds up so quickly that if you were to do it everyday for a month, you're doses would be ridiculous. Like 10-15 tabs instead of 1 if taking SanFrancisco tabs. Closer to 30-40 otherwise.

In fact LSD is safer then smoking weed. Be aware that few decide to take doses equivalent to what they did in the 60s. Doses are around a third or fourth of that now. LSD is a drug that really needs to be government controlled and regulated. If the doses were specifically measured there'd be few issues. It's very safe but in the black market is hard to control as very few drug dealers have scales that measure in the micrograms.
Amen.

Quote:
In addictiveness, LSD is my favorite drug, bar none. I've never had cravings for it. The ones I have are weed, alcohol, and DXM. Coughsyrup is a way stronger mental craving then acid.

I have yet to hyear of an addictive Psychedelic. Other hallucinogins like weed (mildly physical), Disassociatives, and Deliriants. Never Psychedelics.
Ah, excellent, you know what DXM and deliriants are. I've had cravings for DXM myself (pros definitely don't outweigh the cons on this one), but they have since waned (it's been a few months), so I know what you mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillZ4E
A friend of mine told me LSD isn't dangerous, because 'all you need to do' is to take it the right way and with the right people. Yeah, right, like that's gonna happen just like that. Obviously getting someone to volunteer to take care of you while you are high as hell isn't the easiest thing to pull off, and spending time with other users of drugs doesn't exactly help to find a "good enviroment" to do it in. LSD is apparently not chemically addictive either - but that hasn't stopped a lot of people from becoming addicted.
I agree wholeheartedly with your friend. It may not be easy to do, but that's exactly the point: there is a safe way to do these drugs, but the majority of people simply do not do them responsibly. Part of the code is that you are in a comfortable environment and with someone else. You also gather and get to know a group of friends who are willing to take care of you when experimenting, and ready and able to pick up a phone in case of an emergency. Another key is researching before taking the drugs. You're right in that the majority of people do not do these things.

You can become addicted to a lot of things depending on how you view them, bar almost none, so that's no special case against LSD in particular.




Edit: http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...id-nutt-sacked

This more than upsets me.
__________________
#gmc IRC - Join us, game makers and players!
Katie's Language Blog =)

[Facebook | last.fm | Twitter | Xfire: zdfettucini]

=D
Last Edited by Alonely; 10-30-2009 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #93 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-29-2009, 11:38 PM
ich Will Swedish Empire ich Will is offline
Fab Emblem
Join Date: Apr 2003
View Posts: 12,301
Re: Marijuana - Good or bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonely View Post

I agree wholeheartedly with your friend. It may not be easy to do, but that's exactly the point: there is a safe way to do these drugs, but the majority of people simply do not do them responsibly. Part of the code is that you are in a comfortable environment and with someone else. You also gather and get to know a group of friends who are willing to take care of you when experimenting, and ready and able to pick up a phone in case of an emergency. Another key is researching before taking the drugs. You're right in that the majority of people do not do these things.

You can become addicted to a lot of things depending on how you view them, bar almost none, so that's no special case against LSD in particular.
I can't deny that if done correctly, (which as I said, isn't easy and a lot of people don't do) there would be a small chance that any real physical or chemical harm would be done to you, unless you've had mental issues and/or tend to think a certain way that can trigger a really bad trip.

And yes, there is no special case against LSD, only against those that don't do it responsibly. Psychological addiction can show in many other ways.

In short, I think any type of psychoactive drug can put you at risk, be it socially or psychologically, alcohol included. Not to mention legally.

With that said, I still don't see the need to inhale or swallow these substances when there are many other fun things about life. It's probably because I was raised to believe drugs were really bad and I can't get that out of my head to some degree, but that's just the way I see things.

Marijuana is similar to alcohol, and from that perspective I can see why only alcohol is legal - we don't really need another thing like it. I do think alcohol can be pretty bad for you if consumed heavily just once a week, but I can understand why we don't need another thing like it legalized.

As much as I honestly don't like to admit it, the risks are low with marijuana and LSD. With that said, there will be risks more or less. I'm just upset that some people (not referring to anyone specific here) out there get addicted and just use the facts about marijuana for excuses and deny the risks. I think of old buddies I've seen go from maybe not so innocent kids to heavy addicts in denial.
Last Edited by ich Will; 10-30-2009 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #94 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-30-2009, 08:08 AM
kman7100 kman7100 is a male United States kman7100 is offline
Kokiri
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: your mom
View Posts: 71
Re: Marijuana - Good or bad?

I do not see how coke or other hard drugs are better than weed. I missed that one. I believe that the risk for yourself and harm for others is much much higher under the influence of LSD. If I drop acid, no matter how good my sitters are, they are still at a much higher risk for harm than if I smoke a blunt. Weed is the only drug that is safe to do by yourself, or with friends. Of course that last one is my opinion.

As for the kids that are smoking weed and such, I believe that could be controlled way better if weed was legalized. Bud is much easier to obtain as a minor than alcohol, because dealers don't ask for legal identification before a transaction.

The no motivation thing is bullcrap. Before I started smoking weed, I almost flunked out of college. Now I'm on the Dean's list, and plan to graduate with honors (And that's out of Berea College, which is like an ivy league school for poor people). I am more fit now than I ever was, and I eat healthier.

One more thing, I believe that is a select few that abuse weed, and ruin it for the rest of us. The majority of potheads that I know use the drug responsibly, however, that makes no difference here.
__________________
Do you know what the k stands for?
Reply With Quote
  #95 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-02-2009, 07:41 AM
Zzanitari United_States Zzanitari is offline
Super Metroid Hacker
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Federal Way, Washington
View Posts: 203
Re: Marijuana - Good or bad?

Marijuana is good. It's a natural medicine. I wouldn't even consider it a drug, rather it be a medicinal herb. Drugs actually kill and it's physically impossible to smoke your own weight in THC all at once in order to kill yourself. Youcan't overdose from marijuana even if you EAT it! It's impossible! I know the above the influence.com website and anything affiliated with it are all a bunch of bullcrap and they teach kids and parents the wrong way about Marijuana. You cannot die from smoking Marijuana. It's extremely rare. The only thing I can think of is if somebody is allergic to it or have a low tolerance and actually get in a car wreck while stoned. I myself smoke it occasionally and I tell you none of it's side effects are permanent. It is not physically addictive. It can be psychologically addictive and that's about it. It all depends on the person's addictive personality. Plus if you really are going to choose to use marijuana, you need to be responsible so that you don't evolve around it instead of the more important things in life(such as school, work, etc). In fact you will actually live longer if you smoked Marijuana instead of cigarettes. Whenever I've smoked a cigarette it's made me breathe harder, when Marijuana actually helps me breathe better (thats why it helps with asthma). I remember I had to do a pacer test at school for P.E. and I smoked a lot of weed back then. I nearly ran the whole test and only stopped cause my side was cramping and killing me. Now it would have been a whole different story if I had smoked cigarettes also.

Tobacco's real use= to heal bruises...NOT be smoked, obviously, since it does the complete opposite to the airways and causes lung cancer and has killed thousands of people.

Marijuana is meant to be smoked, it cuts down tumors in the lungs and actually prevents lung cancer. God put it on the Earth for a reason to be used and it has thousands of good uses. There is simply no good reason other than greed for the U.S. to keep it illegal. Check this site out--> http://www.abovetheignorance.org/
When ingested at controlled amounts it can help kids and adults with adhd/add. I myself have adhd/add and it sure as heck helps me calm down and concentrate. It can get rid of extreme nausea and it can even enlarge braincells. Heck of a lot better than Ritalin which is basicly ingesting clean meth. Marijuana helps me with my anger problems and it helps me sleep when I can't get a good night's rest. If a marijuana joint equals to 10 cigarettes then why haven't all the heavy Marijuana smokers died yet from lung cancer?

I could go on and on and on forever with facts, so overall...

It's good. It can be bad for people with addictive personalities, and if they aren't taught right about it then they can get into actual HARD and VERY harmful drugs that WILL kill you!
Last Edited by Zzanitari; 11-02-2009 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #96 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-02-2009, 08:33 AM
nighthawkx nighthawkx is offline
You will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away
Join Date: Oct 2006
View Posts: 1,421
Re: Marijuana - Good or bad?

Zzanitari, your views are just as biased as the evangelical antipot idiots...

just a friendly reminder, things DO get exaggerated.

pot might be relatively harmless but it's not a wonder drug which cures everything and some people forget that.


FYI stoner brain CAN become semi-permanent, it just takes A LOT of use over a long period of time without any breaks.

also, caffeine probably works better than pot does for ADHD, I have a moderate case of ADHD myself... caffeine is excellent - in moderation.
__________________

System: Core i5 3570k @ 4.4Ghz// ASrock Pro4 // Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3-2133 // GTX 660Ti // Corsair 650Hx // Corsair H100 // Corsair Carbide 300r // Crucial M4 256GB SSD // WD Cavier 3TB HD
Our governments came up with a way to cause human extinction(nuclear missiles) well before they solved poverty.
Last Edited by nighthawkx; 11-02-2009 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #97 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-02-2009, 09:10 AM
era era is a male Viet Nam era is offline
strummin on a streetlight
3DS ID: 3626-0056-0517
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Goat Rodeo
View Posts: 4,482
Re: Marijuana - Good or bad?

can we talk about this drug now?

http://www.chacha.com/question/does-...w-on-drug-test

it's apparently the cool new thing among the upper class kids in the KC metro area.
__________________
Quote:
Three logicians walk into a bar. The bartender asks, “Do all of you want a drink?”… The first logician says, “I don’t know.” The second logician says, “I don’t know.” The third logician says, “Yes!”

Reply With Quote
  #98 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-02-2009, 11:35 AM
8bit 8bit is a male United Nations 8bit is offline
Our sunshine is not for franchise!
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Carbondale, Illinois
View Posts: 8,349
Re: Marijuana - Good or bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andross View Post
Of course it isn't good for you, not in the sense that broccoli is, but it isn't excessively harmful, either. There's a certain level of hypocrisy present when tobacco and alcohol are legal--drugs far more harmful than marijuana--while marijuana isn't.

As I see it, there really isn't much of a reason for it to remain illegal. People should be able to do whatever they want to their own bodies.
I'd argue that it's far more beneficial than broccoli, actually, considering how it greatly improves bloodflow and reduces risk of many cancers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncalf View Post
can we talk about this drug now?

http://www.chacha.com/question/does-...w-on-drug-test

it's apparently the cool new thing among the upper class kids in the KC metro area.
What the hell is that? Special K? I thought that was a drug for old house wives.
__________________
Don't trust the police.
No justice; no peace.
Last Edited by 8bit; 11-02-2009 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #99 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-02-2009, 12:28 PM
Alonely Alonely is a female United States Alonely is offline
Intelligence seems to be overrated.
Send a message via AIM to Alonely Send a message via Yahoo to Alonely Send a message via Skype™ to Alonely
Steam ID: kaytree

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 2014 A.D.
View Posts: 3,261
Re: Marijuana - Good or bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bit View Post
What the hell is that? Special K? I thought that was a drug for old house wives.
Nono, ketamine is much more special.

I haven't done more than read about K2 and it doesn't sound very pleasing.
__________________
#gmc IRC - Join us, game makers and players!
Katie's Language Blog =)

[Facebook | last.fm | Twitter | Xfire: zdfettucini]

=D
Reply With Quote
  #100 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Zzanitari United_States Zzanitari is offline
Super Metroid Hacker
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Federal Way, Washington
View Posts: 203
Re: Marijuana - Good or bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawkx View Post
Zzanitari, your views are just as biased as the evangelical antipot idiots...

just a friendly reminder, things DO get exaggerated.

pot might be relatively harmless but it's not a wonder drug which cures everything and some people forget that.


FYI stoner brain CAN become semi-permanent, it just takes A LOT of use over a long period of time without any breaks.

also, caffeine probably works better than pot does for ADHD, I have a moderate case of ADHD myself... caffeine is excellent - in moderation.
Well see that's where you're wrong, cause I know the same thing has happened to an even heavier smoker than me who smoked literally 24/7 straight for 2 years(breakfast, lunch, and dinner). His mind came back 100% clear like mine did once it got completely out of his system(he stopped smoking completely when he became a boxer). It's all temporary and there isn't any semi permanent BS that you are trying to tell me. I know this from experience. And there are plenty of pot smokers out there that have experienced this theirselves. It's like a sudden burst of energy and clear thought that comes out of nowhere when you stop smoking it after a while. It just takes time to get out of your system. People like you don't wanna accept the truth that Medical Marijuana could actually work for certain disorders and can actually cure a lot of diseases, when in reality it DOES. Nothing is exaggerated. It is a blessed wonderful plant and it's been proven. It should be as legal as tobacco and alcohol but in a very responsible and controlled way. It probably doesn't help EVERYBODY. Sounds like you just don't wanna accept the truth. I would never turn to Caffeine for adhd, since it has been known to kill people. Pot is a natural and safe alternative to ADHD. Using a vaporizer or ingesting it makes it work better than smoking it imo. Caffeine has some pretty bad withdrawal symptoms and is actually addictive. I don't why you would wanna turn to using Caffeine when it has been known to cause heart disease, dependency, and even death. You CAN overdose and kill yourself with that stuff. I have had some bad withdrawals from drinking a 2 Liter of Dr. Pepper. Marijuana can replace a lot of harmful painkillers. I would much rather use marijuana for my headaches instead of the other pain killers.

The only time Marijuana kills brain cells is from the lack of oxygen and holding the smoke in too long. Marijuana does not cause any permanent brain damage, small or big. There has never been any convincing evidence for it.
Last Edited by Zzanitari; 11-02-2009 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bad, good, marijuana


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 AM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -