#81 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-06-2009, 09:21 PM
Ask Not What Zaius Can Do For You
Send a message via AIM to Zaius Ex
View Posts: 5,960
Re: Obama- Good or Bad for the Nation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames of Valor View Post
No, I am saying I am in favor of massive infrastructure overhaul.
There are allocated funds for that in the stimulus package. Wait until more then 15% of the funds have been distributed, then we'll see how much more infrastructure spending is needed.
Zaius and I are much like the mongoose and the cobra, we are destined for battle time and time again, even if it is not in our territory. Of course, I'm the mongoose since I like having appendages, and Zaius seems like a cold-blooded creature.
Voted Best Theorist three times.
Voted Most Knowledgeable of Zelda three times.
Winner of TSA's Zelda Championship Tournament.
  #82 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Flames of Valor Flames of Valor is a male United States Flames of Valor is offline
Sapere aude
View Posts: 5,312

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZaius1 View Post
There are allocated funds for that in the stimulus package. Wait until more then 15% of the funds have been distributed, then we'll see how much more infrastructure spending is needed.
Did you read my above posts? The stimulus bill only contributed one 20th of what was necessary to bring it up to PAR. That's unacceptable. Obama said in his campaign that he wanted to create jobs by repairing and maintaining our infrastructure, I want him to hit it home on that promise.
  #83 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Royal Hylian
View Posts: 939

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific American
"We've been operating on a patch-and-pray system," says ASCE President D. Wayne Klotz. That is, patch something and pray that it holds up—instead of providing regular improvements for aging facilities.
Um... isn't that the city's responsibility? Over here, the cities maintain their roads, and there has rarely been financial problems with that.

Quote:
Following are the ASCE infrastructure grades, which were based on an analysis of government records by a panel of engineers.

Aviation D
Bridges C
Dams D
Drinking Water D–
Energy D+
Hazardous Waste D
Inland Waterways D-
Levees D–
Public Parks & Recreation C–
Rail C–
Roads D–
School D
Solid Waste C+
Transit D
Wastewater D–

Overall: D
Wow...

I really like Obama. He's a cool guy, knows his stuff, honest, and generally a good person. But he's becoming weak, and his whole bipartisanship idea is not working no matter how much he wants it to. He should get off his ass and start doing something, regardless of the ridiculous criticism he's getting from the right wing, and forget those who are holding progress back.

Though I have to admit, I liked what he tried to do with Chicago for the Olympics, even though it failed in the end.
  #84 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Flames of Valor Flames of Valor is a male United States Flames of Valor is offline
Sapere aude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearhead View Post
Um... isn't that the city's responsibility? Over here, the cities maintain their roads, and there has rarely been financial problems with that.

Wow...

I really like Obama. He's a cool guy, knows his stuff, honest, and generally a good person. But he's becoming weak, and his whole bipartisanship idea is not working no matter how much he wants it to. He should get off his ass and start doing something, regardless of the ridiculous criticism he's getting from the right wing, and forget those who are holding progress back.

Though I have to admit, I liked what he tried to do with Chicago for the Olympics, even though it failed in the end.
Perhaps it's just the news coverage, but it doesn't seem like any other important issues are being dealt with, infrastructure being one of them.
  #85 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-06-2009, 10:32 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,337

Quote:
Perhaps it's just the news coverage, but it doesn't seem like any other important issues are being dealt with, infrastructure being one of them.
good news doesn't sell nearly as well as bad news.
  #86 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-06-2009, 11:35 PM
Sapere aude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyras View Post
good news doesn't sell nearly as well as bad news.
Hurricanes are profitable though, despite being bad.
  #87 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Royal Hylian

Quote:
That's my point. Besides the Chicago incident, and his previous fight with Healthcare reform, Obama is too weak. He is a very smart man, and through his honest appeal and his actual honesty, I can tell he means well. But he isn't doing well, and that's because he's caving into pressure from the other side.

I hope he does well, though. Being the first black president is a huge honour, and so I don't want to see it as a failure for him or America.
  #88 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Be very very quite
View Posts: 553

Quote:

Wow...

Its because of all the publicity things he does. He goes on shows hosted by people who usually invit celebrities. Obama is a celebrity. He gives off the cool vibe because he isn't stupid and knows how to act near the media.

He gives America way more face time then any other president. I would like to see him in office more then on some Late Night show talking about his home life.

Quote:
Nintendo wouldn't of put it in there if it was cheap.
  #89 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Sage of Wisdom

Quote:
That's my point. Besides the Chicago incident, and his previous fight with Healthcare reform, Obama is too weak. He is a very smart man, and through his honest appeal and his actual honesty, I can tell he means well. But he isn't doing well, and that's because he's caving into pressure from the other side.

I hope he does well, though. Being the first black president is a huge honour, and so I don't want to see it as a failure for him or America.
yeah, i for one think it's high time to scrap the bipartisanship spiel and put that democratic supermajority to use then we might be able to get some things done.
  #90 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Royal Hylian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toon Flink View Post
Its because of all the publicity things he does. He goes on shows hosted by people who usually invit celebrities. Obama is a celebrity. He gives off the cool vibe because he isn't stupid and knows how to act near the media.

He gives America way more face time then any other president. I would like to see him in office more then on some Late Night show talking about his home life.
He ran a campaign that never fought against the Republican nominee, but instead fought for the Democratic side. He never smeared McCain, didn't fight against his critics> All he did was just run for president.

Seriously, not many presidents, if none at all, ran that kind of campaign, let alone win. To say he is just a celebrity isn't really fair.
  #91 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-09-2009, 11:26 AM

Jumping in before someone starts spouting things about Obama's Nobel Peace Prize: the committee often gives it during a peace process, as incentive/inspiration for the individual in question to continue their work.
Zaius and I are much like the mongoose and the cobra, we are destined for battle time and time again, even if it is not in our territory. Of course, I'm the mongoose since I like having appendages, and Zaius seems like a cold-blooded creature.
  #92 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Royal Hylian

Quote:
Jumping in before someone starts spouting things about Obama's Nobel Peace Prize: the committee often gives it during a peace process, as incentive/inspiration for the individual in question to continue their work.
Wait, Nobel Peace Prize? Obama?

That's the first time I heard of it. When did this start?
Last Edited by Gwynnbleid; 10-09-2009 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #93 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-09-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Wait, Nobel Peace Prize? Obama?

That's the first time I heard of it. When did this start?
This morning.
  #94 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Sage of Wisdom

Quote:
This morning.
i'm having loads of fun listening to people whine about it.
  #95 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-09-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyras View Post
i'm having loads of fun listening to people whine about it.
People are dumb.

Tags
bad, good, nation, obama