Zelda Universe Forums - The world's largest Legend of Zelda fan community

Zelda Universe Forums - The world's largest Legend of Zelda fan community (http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit-Chat (http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/general-chit-chat/)
-   -   Stupidest things people have said (http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/general-chit-chat/98860-stupidest-things-people-have-said.html)

Double-0-Snake 08-24-2009 08:45 AM

Stupidest things people have said

Self explanatory title. All i can remember off the top of my head is somebody in my school year saying boys have periods twice in their lives :P Seriously. I mean, Whut? That strikes me as plain moronic.

Scarrrrr 08-24-2009 08:46 AM

Anything George W. Bush has said.

Condi Rice 08-24-2009 08:53 AM

Quote:

"As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border."
Quote:

They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska.
I can see the stars from where I live. That makes me an astronaut!

Yeah she's a genius.

thrairth 08-24-2009 09:26 AM

"What's cake???"
-my best friend... she was a bit confused...

Double-0-Snake 08-24-2009 09:30 AM

How can somebody be confused as to what the awesomeness that is cake is?

thrairth 08-24-2009 09:34 AM

Anyone who hangs around me quickly begins to lose their sanity... but I'm really surprised that she could forget what cake was...

GooeyKablooie 08-24-2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astarael (Post 3049967)
Anything George W. Bush has said.

There, can you all see that? Yes?
Good, now don't repeat it a million times.

Anyway, there are several members on this very site that have said incredibly stupid things. But I won't name any names.

I did get into a spat with a guy on another forum after he claimed that not believing in God meant that people lost their child-like sense of wonder and imagination, which I was immensely offended at (being the cartoon-crazy guy that I am). He continued to spew all sorts of ridiculous things, like saying that atheists are just "wrong" and that their beliefs are "unfulfilled" without a god, and that what science has explained so far is "impossible nonsense".

He also proceeded to call me immature because I quoted multiple parts of his posts to make it more clear what I was responding to (I suppose nobody likes to be organized over there), and then continued to say things that just either offended me or made me laugh, like "I apologize if I turned you farther away from the light", "You will accept
when it is your time", "I'M SORRY YOU THINK YOU'RE ALL MIGHTY AND POWERFUL AND DON'T NEED GOD", "You are the sum of your beliefs, not actions", "It's just right vs. wrong... nothing else. And yes you are wrong"....
Some of those are direct quotations.

This guy was a frigging basket case.

Pritchard 08-24-2009 10:04 AM

Erm..once in a restuarant I asked my dad I wanted coke, I went to get it with him and the women who was working there said sorry theres no coke, would you like something else? Then I said can I have coke please.. It wasnt my fault lol, I was having an epic day dream :P

But it was quite embarrising.

The impulsive L 08-24-2009 10:09 AM

My friend said that she didn't know that USA is a country. I challenge u to tell a stupider one.

GooeyKablooie 08-24-2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The impulsive L (Post 3050044)
My friend said that she didn't know that USA is a country. I challenge u to tell a stupider one.

There are some people who live in the USA that can't locate it on a map of the world.

Kostya 08-24-2009 10:28 AM

Tonchiki: Now that is just sad! Also what a lot of these liberal journalists are calling the town hall protestors.

John 08-24-2009 10:36 AM

Hey, I used to have trouble locating my city on a map. :P One needs to know precisely where one lives rather rarely, really.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twilight Joker (Post 3049976)
Yeah she's a genius.

She also never said that. :P That was from an SNL sketch, I believe.

Kostya 08-24-2009 10:42 AM

You know this reminds me of something my dad told me once. An old friend of his was in college down somewhere in louisianna(did i spell that right?). He was sitting in some world studies type class. Anyway the professor asked three studens to come up to the board and point out these five things:
1. Long Island
2. China
3. Egypt
4. The Indian Ocean
5. where we currently are on the map

Of those three kids not a single one got everything right. The closest one came was getting the other four but pointing to Florida and saying that was where they were. These are college students here i mean come on!

Also i just remembered. Barack Obama repeatedly mispronouncing Orion.

John 08-24-2009 10:47 AM

I doubt I could find Long Island.

I could find China, Egypt, The Indian Ocean and where I currently am.

Some people just aren't good at geography, and I've never had to know where Long Island was in my life, so I've not a clue where I'd even start looking.

Kostya 08-24-2009 10:56 AM

John: Okay long island i could accept but how can somebody in college not know where china and egypt are? Same thing with where they currently are.

Sam 08-24-2009 10:56 AM

My geography is pretty terrible, whilst we're on the subject. Major countries I can just about manage but I couldn't locate half of the UK's major cities on a map, let alone American states or what have you. Also not good with flags.

It reminds me of a pair of girls I knew when I was about 14. One of them was a straighforward unintelligent chav who was pregnant within the next 12 months. We asked her if she knew what a continent was after a previous stupid remark (taunting this unfortunate girl was a regular registration activity, you see), to which she replied "One of those letter things... like zed".

The second was academically clever but lacked all common sense and was quite convinced that aliens had something to do with the extinction of the dinosaurs. This was met with black stares, I can tell you.

Kostya 08-24-2009 10:59 AM

Aliens wiping out dinosaurs? I don't mean to stray off topic but that's as ridiculous as the theory that the aliens are in control of America.

Ty 08-24-2009 11:04 AM

Global Warming.

Kostya 08-24-2009 11:06 AM

Koulatio: What! ARe you saying that Global Warming doesn't exist or something? Let's not stray to far off-topic. iF we do start sending me Visitor messages.

Kapowza 08-24-2009 11:44 AM

The stupidest thing anyone ever said any where was this. "God is real and created all living beings because sunshine feels like a warm hug from Jesus, proving he loves you". I read that on some religious nutcase forum and they acted like that guy was a genius. Idiots.