Zelda Universe Forums - The world's largest Legend of Zelda fan community

Zelda Universe Forums - The world's largest Legend of Zelda fan community (http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/index.php)
-   Competition Archives (http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/competition-archives/)
-   -   Writing Contest: Discussion Thread (http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/competition-archives/96718-writing-contest-discussion-thread.html)

Mr Spork 07-15-2009 02:14 AM

Writing Contest: Discussion Thread

Whoa-ho-ho, what do we have here? Breathe it in, ladies and gentleman...THAT is the smell of a brand new thread. A thread for discussion! Just look at that shiny, new sign on the door.

WRITING CONTEST

DISCUSSION THREAD

Specifically, discussing all things related to the writing contest. Come in, come in, there's plenty of room, take a seat, oh, watch out for the cat. Oh, I see a few familiar faces here. Now, I take it most of you are familiar with the Art and Writing Multi-Purpose Complex and Fish Cannery. We had to sublet out a floor, you see, to pay for Gold's Pokemon habit...

Anyway, here we are on the ground floor, the 'Writing Arena'. Try not to pay attention to those jerks on the top floor at the 'Art Arena'. I know their music is way too loud and their standard-issue goatees are filled with two day old noodles, but they're just trying to get a response out of us.

Now, ladies and gentleman, let's get down to busin - oh careful of the cat again - sorry, Liah kicked it clear from the Graphics Design building across the street and it came crashing through the window. Now it won't leave.

So yes, let's get down to business.

NOW IS THE TIME FOR THE DISCUSSING OF MATTERS RELATED AND TANGENTIALLY RELATED TO THE WRITING CONTEST.

Tar Potomi Źëngrīn 07-15-2009 02:25 AM

yay I love this *sneezes* oh sorry I'm allergic to cats...

anyway umm I really like the theme for this months contest

Mr Spork 07-15-2009 02:30 AM

Yes, it should be an interesting challenge. As to what exactly that theme is, well, we'll have to wait for the July contest to be posted. Which shouldn't be too far away, should be up in a few hours after I've returned from playing football this evening.

Tar Potomi Źëngrīn 07-15-2009 10:37 PM

how many writing contest has their been?

Mr Spork 07-15-2009 11:08 PM

There's been three in the current, monthly series including the one at the moment. However, there have been many, many more prior these ones starting.

Tar Potomi Źëngrīn 07-15-2009 11:32 PM

so this is going to become a monthy thing starting 3 months ago?

TheGeminiSage 07-15-2009 11:49 PM

Um, so basically we have to write a song? Does it have to be something particular? Or can we write fiction about music/songwriting? Because I can't really write songs, I'll probably sit this one out...

Tar Potomi Źëngrīn 07-16-2009 01:50 AM

it is a song about travel it could be space travel, going across America whatever

Tar Potomi Źëngrīn 08-21-2009 07:06 PM

so when is the new contest going to start?

TheGeminiSage 08-21-2009 11:54 PM

Yeah, I'm curious! Do we know what the theme will be yet? August is almost over.

Ymirida 08-22-2009 12:36 AM

Currently, Mr. Spork is out on holiday. Another will not likely start until he gets back. When he gets back, we'll see what we can do about making this up. I don't know what it will be yet, but we'll try and make it fun for everyone. :3

Mr Spork 08-23-2009 10:14 AM

Apologies for all the not having an August contest business. I came back from New Zealand, slept for a few days then was all set to start the contest when I noticed that it was quite late in the month. But let's look on this as an opportunity! Next month's contest will start early in the month so we're not all biting our fingernails, sweat pouring profusely down our faces as the clock ticks ever closer to the end of the month and still no sign of a results thread because I got distracted by late night television.

Tar Potomi Źëngrīn 09-11-2009 02:51 PM

comrades I'm afraid we are not getting the attention we deserve. I think they ought to make the art and writing arenas seperate forums instead of them being sub-forums as they currently are.

Mr Spork 10-05-2009 10:47 AM

Oh no, everyone forgot to vote in the September contest! It looks like...yes...yes, it does appear that..

MARTIN PRINCE HAS WON

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...Martinwins.jpg

What, no fair, you say? Let's have a recount then.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...oforMartin.jpg

One for Martin, two for Martin. Martin Prince wins!

Tar Potomi Źëngrīn 10-08-2009 10:03 AM

interesting, >_> I have an idea *goes off to write*

FEAR MY SPEED AND ABILITY TO WRITE! I turned in a paper already :3nod

Sardine 10-11-2009 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Mutant Utensil
...hang up your pumpkins on the fireplace...

This is new to me. Very new. o_O

Aaanyway, I saw this, and have considered entering. But, we'll just have to see about that. I would like to, however there's school... Horrible, painful school. Evil glaaah!

Tar Potomi Źëngrīn 10-12-2009 02:22 AM

my story, which was pure quality mind you, was thought of, written and submitted in less then two hours!

Mr Spork 10-12-2009 09:36 PM

I moved Mr. 32's post that was in the October Writing Contest thread to here. This thread is where all discussion about the contest should take place.

Can't wait to see what people come up with for the Halloween theme!

EzloSpirit 10-12-2009 10:01 PM

Yay! I'm officially entered in my first writing contest ever! Man, I went all out on that story! I scared myself while writing it. Yeah. Can't wait for the results in a few weeks! It was fun! Can't wait for the next writing contest involving a short story! It's about all I write.

SacredSturgeon 10-21-2009 04:56 PM

Question: when you say that the length of the story should be 1,000 words, do you mean I have to use at least 1,000 words, at most 1,000 words, exactly 1,000 words, or somewhere around 1,000 words?