Zelda Universe Forums - The world's largest Legend of Zelda fan community

Zelda Universe Forums - The world's largest Legend of Zelda fan community (http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/index.php)
-   General Zelda (http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/general-zelda/)
-   -   Who is Kaepora Gaebora? (http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/general-zelda/41311-who-is-kaepora-gaebora.html)

sdin 02-12-2006 07:44 PM

Who is Kaepora Gaebora?

Some ppl say he is Rauru, some others say he is a Ganondorf fellow, and some others say he is just a smart owl :ironic: .

What do you think?

TLWLL 02-12-2006 07:47 PM

Doesn't a gossip stone say he is a reincarnated sage?? Well anyways, that doesn't help too much.

sdin 02-12-2006 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king daphnes
who the hell said he was a ganondorf fellow as you put it? I mean an owl who helps you overcome obstacles that block you from beating ganondorf?

Maybe he helped Link to make him meet Ganondorf, giving Ganondorf the chance to take Link's triforce piece

lugeasilver 02-12-2006 07:56 PM

I thought it was just shiek again or something. But thats obviously wrong. The owl might be a royal line of owls destined to help the hero of time and thats it.

Issh24 02-12-2006 08:34 PM

I always just thougt he was an owl that could...talk. That does sound weird. I thought I did remember hearing a gossip stone saying something simaler to what TLWLL said. So that would be my best guess. He even seemed to know that you traveled through time and stuff so he got to be a sage...I think.

Puck 02-12-2006 09:16 PM

Quote:

Sacred Forest Meadow:
They say that the owl named Kaepora Gaebora is the reincarnation of an ancient Sage.
From Old Beane's Sauce for Commonly Used Quotes.

So I thinks he is probaly Raru(sp) because the other sages did not know they where sages yet. So he sounds about right.

Chad 02-12-2006 09:35 PM

I always figured he was the Deku Tree's reincarnation, since the gossip stone said he was a sage, and the Deku Tree was the only person who could have been a sage that died. Some people have argued that it was such a short time between the Deku Tree dying and meeting Kaebora, but no one ever gave me a reason to believe that reincarnation took a certain amount of time.

Puck 02-12-2006 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daphnes
I always figured he was the Deku Tree's reincarnation, since the gossip stone said he was a sage, and the Deku Tree was the only person who could have been a sage that died. Some people have argued that it was such a short time between the Deku Tree dying and meeting Kaebora, but no one ever gave me a reason to believe that reincarnation took a certain amount of time.

In order for this to be true Kaebora would have to be very small because nothing can grow that fast and if he was that size at birth I pity the mother.

Clark Kent 02-12-2006 10:25 PM

Have you every heard of spontanious birth? Its when something is born from a nonliving substance, such as mud, perhaps that is how kaeproa Gaebora was born, or the deku sage took over an owl.

JONJONAUG 02-13-2006 10:21 AM

The reason the Rarau=Kaeproa theory doesn't work is that the owl is watching when Sheik teaches you the Requim of Spirt. In the chamber of the sages, some of them say that they can watch over you from there. Why would Rarau need to turn himself into an owl after that happens?

I just label the owl as a mysterious guide put in there by Nintendo to give you hints and just be generaly mysterious.

The Dark Side 02-13-2006 11:26 AM

I think he was just a sage long ago that has, over time, reincarnated into an owl. It doesn't have to be one so recent, In TWW the dead sages took a form of some sort (in this case spirits), after a while I bet they can channel part of their being into something else like an animal. Kaepora Gaebora is most likely just a sage from many years past who has learned to do this; much like Qui Gon Jin (a jedi from Star Wars) finding a way to come back to some extent.

Puck 02-13-2006 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clark Kent
Have you every heard of spontanious birth? Its when something is born from a nonliving substance, such as mud, perhaps that is how kaeproa Gaebora was born, or the deku sage took over an owl.

Heard of it but thanks to bio and chemistry and physics class I know that impossible. And sense you see kaeproa when leaning Requim of Spirt it couldent be because you already resurected the great deku tree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JONJONAUG
The reason the Rarau=Kaeproa theory doesn't work is that the owl is watching when Sheik teaches you the Requim of Spirt. In the chamber of the sages, some of them say that they can watch over you from there. Why would Rarau need to turn himself into an owl after that happens?

There is the posiblilty that he can't exist in human form outside the sacred relm.

Kishiru 02-13-2006 11:32 AM

He might be like Ezzlo. Since he is an owl or something.

Adm Manhammer 02-13-2006 01:34 PM

The difference would be that Ezlo is in his hat form becuse Vaati pwned him. Kaepora Gaebora was a sage who was reincarnated as an owl. Reincarnation generally occurs after death, and last time I checked, Rauru was still very much alive, so that theory doesn't work. I reckon he's just the random guide who Nintendo fuzzed in to make Navi seem less annoying by comparison.

Djinn 02-13-2006 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Of X
Heard of it but thanks to bio and chemistry and physics class I know that impossible. And sense you see kaeproa when leaning Requim of Spirt it couldent be because you already resurected the great deku tree.

In real life maybe, but this a fictional world. It's possible. In Hyrule, at least.

But anyway, I think what happened is what The Dark Side said. There were probably sages before then and he's a reincarnated sage from then.

Frost Guardian 02-13-2006 11:19 PM

A Gossip Stone claims that he is a reincarnated sage but even then, did it not state that it was a rumour? What with the Gossip Stone anyways. But I don't think Nintendo would really throw us off. The absence of Rauru during the ending sequence looks rather suspicious and a moment before, we saw our owl buddy fly off into the desert. So, I'm led to beleive they are one and the same. With the sage deal and whatnot, err, I'm not sure how to piece that in. Maybe Rauru is actually the sage form and he returned to that state? I don't know.

The Dark Side 02-14-2006 12:07 AM

Quote:

Maybe Rauru is actually the sage form and he returned to that state? I don't know.
While this idea seems a bit hoakey and vampire like, I think it has merit, that is the kind of thing we have yet to see in Zelda, but not something I would put past them. I don't mean to rip on like I think your idea is cheesey or anything FG, that's pretty cool and much more likely than most of our aimless musing.

Dark_ShadowLink 02-14-2006 12:14 AM

all I kno is, Kaepora Gaebora's like a stalker, following you everywhere when you learn a song. Enven in Lon Lon Ranch...... I think it might be in MM too. I hope its not Rauru. *old men watching me* I'm guessing its just a line of owls helping the hero of time, as stated by lugeasilver.

Pegasus_Wing 02-14-2006 10:40 AM

There are 2 Gossip stones in the Sacred Forest Meadow. They say this:

Gossip Stone 2: "They say that the strange owl, Kaepora Gaebora, may look big and heavy, but its character is rather lighthearted."
Gossip Stone 3: "They say that the owl named Kaepora Gaebora is the reincarnation of an Ancient Sage."

Also, Rauru is the sage of Light *LIGHT-hearted?*. Also, you never see them at the same time, their appearances sort of resemble on some points.. I think Rauru only has a human form in the Sacred Realm, and is an owl in the real world. He is just helping out Link this way.. Ah well I totally believe Rauru is KG.

http://zeldad.com/oot/characters/kapora.gif
http://zeldad.com/oot/characters/rauru.gif

You have to admit that they DO resemble, at some points.. but that's just me.

snake101 02-15-2006 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdin
Some ppl say he is Rauru, some others say he is a Ganondorf fellow, and some others say he is just a smart owl :ironic: .

What do you think?

Kapora Geabora is a recarnation of a aincent Sage some people say it is Raru the sage.