Zelda Universe Forums - The world's largest Legend of Zelda fan community

Zelda Universe Forums - The world's largest Legend of Zelda fan community (http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/index.php)
-   Gamecube, Wii and Wii U Zelda (http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/gamecube-wii-and-wii-u-zelda/)
-   -   Am I the only one who enjoyed being a wolf in TP? (http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/gamecube-wii-and-wii-u-zelda/139888-am-i-the-only-one-who-enjoyed-being-a-wolf-in-tp.html)

NotTakeMirror 01-11-2012 05:22 PM

Am I the only one who enjoyed being a wolf in TP?

It seems like the wolf form gets no love. So if you enjoyed the wolf transformation, post here.

genjy 01-11-2012 05:28 PM

*tumbleweed*

The Wind Fish 01-11-2012 05:38 PM

I liked it. I found it very fun to fight as, and I liked the mysterious feeling while following the scent trails.

jotokun 01-11-2012 06:22 PM

TP may have had some flaws, but the wolf form was not one of them. I was actually disappointed that it wasn't utilized as much outside of the Twilight realm.

princesspanty 01-11-2012 07:04 PM

No you are not. Statistically speaking, that's impossible.
I liked being a wolf in TP.

EternaLegend 01-11-2012 09:12 PM

I enjoyed it. I love wolves in general, so I liked it to an extent.

Although I have to say that it felt empty a lot of the times throughout the game. It felt like they could have added more to it.

Princess Kaguya 01-11-2012 09:32 PM

Really fun being a wolf in TP. Just love scaring animals and the people in Hyrule town. Also wolf link looks adorable carrying that bone.

Pi Ninja 01-11-2012 10:08 PM

I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Lining 01-11-2012 10:50 PM

Well, there wasn't anything wrong with the mechanics of playing as a wolf or anything. Switching between human and wolf form felt natural and both controlled well.

It's just that the game didn't provide sufficient content to justify even having the wolf form in the first place.

SirLinkus 01-11-2012 11:27 PM

It was fun for a little, but every time I transformed I found myself upset that I couldn't cut ♥♥♥♥ with my sword as Link..

Johnny Sokko 01-12-2012 12:06 AM

I played the game on the Wii. Wiggling the Wii controller to attack with the wolf is quite unintuitive, and this attack is too short to hit anything. I didn't like it.

DasGroose 01-12-2012 12:07 AM

I liked it, the multi-attack and the sense function are really helpful as well.

Kairai 01-12-2012 12:14 AM

Well, of course I loved it. When I first bought Twilight Princess, I had absolutely NO idea what to expect (having been rather young at the time and not really knowing of such a magical place known as the internet), and when Link first transformed into a wolf, I started spazzing out like a spazatron.

I've always loved playing as animals in video games. Wolf Link is not an exception.

BaruCassanova 01-12-2012 02:11 AM

I loved being the wolf/midna. 2 things i really love about TP are the wolf and the bosses. I was highly disappointed they didn't make more boss fights be fought with the wolf. the only time you use him is against 2 sub bosses and 1 form of Ganon.

tetraxlink 01-12-2012 02:58 AM

Its great being a Wolf in Twilight Princess and my favourite form of travelling even though Epona is faster...

KingOfHeart 01-12-2012 03:15 AM

The wolf could of been so much better if they put more effort into it.
First, why do you need Minda to do some great jump. You should be able to do that normally.
Second, why is the only quest for a wolf have to do with finding bugs or finding a way on?
Out of all the transformations Link has(including minish), I'd say this is the worst.

Jonah 01-12-2012 06:29 AM

I enjoyed it quite a bit. However, I did not enjoy it the first time I played through when I never knew how long I'd have to be it. I prefer just being Link.

ShinobiMoon 01-12-2012 10:05 AM

I enjoyed being Wolf Link, it gave me a new sense of anticipation and excitement as an adventurer♪

Bowie Sensei 01-12-2012 05:49 PM

Whenever I could I would be the wolf, it always made me feel like I was going faster even tho i know epona is faster and it was just fun

Eriks0n 01-12-2012 06:10 PM

It seems like the deku form gets no love. So if you enjoyed the deku transformation, post here.

lol

Anyway, I did not enjoy the wolf form but it had potential. I would feel more inclined if it has a hidden skills set of its own which, unfortunately, it did not. It was cool in the beginning of the game, with the rope walking that is almost never utilized later in the game. Same goes for the feature of talking with animals that is sorely underutilized. Oh well.