Zelda Universe Forums - The world's largest Legend of Zelda fan community

Zelda Universe Forums - The world's largest Legend of Zelda fan community (http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/index.php)
-   Entertainment Media (http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/entertainment-media/)
-   -   IGN: Top 25 Anime Characters (http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/entertainment-media/101287-ign-top-25-anime-characters.html)

Big One 10-21-2009 12:28 AM

IGN: Top 25 Anime Characters

Quote:

1. Goku (Dragonball)
2. Astro Boy (Astro Boy)
3. Speed Racer (Speed Racer)
4. Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)
5. Himura Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin)
6. Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto)
7. Edward Elric (Full Metal Alchemist)
8. Pikachu (some Hentai)
9. Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon)
10. Rei Ayanami (Evangelion)
11. Shotaro Kaneda (Akira)
12. L (Death Note)
13. Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell)
14. D (Vampire Hunter D)
15. Arsene Lupin III (Lupin the Third)
16. Jubei Kibagami (Ninja Scroll)
17. Vash The Stampede (Trigun)
18. Light Yagami (Death Note)
19. Haruhi Suzumiya (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
20. Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
21. Vegeta (Dragonball)
22. Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
23. Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
24. Totoro (My Neighbor Totoro)
25. Shinji Ikari (Evangelion)
http://movies.ign.com/articles/103/1036651p1.html

What a mediocre list, IGN once again confuses iconic status as a quality factor.

It's bad because most of these characters aren't really bad characters, but really hardly any of them really deserve to be on a list like this out of the thousands of possible choices, and even those that ARE liable choices are placed under characters like Goku and Pikachu.

Discuss

Envy 10-21-2009 12:33 AM

Naruto beat Luffy?

Seriously IGN? SERIOUSLY? Naruto? Naruto should not even be on the list at all.

Vulpine 10-21-2009 12:40 AM

Cool! Goku is #1 !

I kinda agree with the list. I don't know some of the characters though.
But of course there are some other awesome characters that should'ave been added. I generally disagree with most of IGN's list ratings. But this one seems kinda okay compared to others.

Sonic Rainboom 10-21-2009 12:40 AM

That's a ♥♥♥♥ list. Naruto wasn't that cool. Neither was Goku.

And WHERE IS YUGI AND ATEM? No Yu-Gi-Oh characters, but Pikachu is there?! The hell man. :nonono:

Vulpine 10-21-2009 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystal (Post 3146237)
That's a ♥♥♥♥ list. Naruto wasn't that cool. Neither was Goku.

And WHERE IS YUGI AND ATEM? No Yu-Gi-Oh characters, but Pikachu is there?! The hell man. :nonono:

I agree that Naruto wasn't that kinda cool. But Goku? Come on.......

They also should'ave added Yu-Gi-Oh characters, like you said.
Being a fan myself kinda pisses me off too. I really love the shows and the trading card game .

sage_of_fire 10-21-2009 12:48 AM

Heh, pikachu, some hentai. Nice. This list is mostly crap. It seems like they just watched cartoon network for a week. Some should be there, like Spike and Vash, but some certainly shouldn't.

Tyler 10-21-2009 12:52 AM

Naruto is a disgrace to anime, in my opinion.
I'm glad Goku is #1. He is my all time favorite anime character. Don't diss Goku man, or he'll blast a Kamehameha Wave in your face! :P

sage_of_fire 10-21-2009 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShockT (Post 3146254)
Naruto is a disgrace to anime, in my opinion.
I'm glad Goku is #1. He is my all time favorite anime character. Don't diss Goku man, or he'll blast a Kamehameha Wave in your face! :P

I don't think it's really Naruto that's the bad part. I actually liked the anime when it first came out, and I'd still watch the uncut. It's more the fans that make it so hated, narutards. Is that offensive? If so then I didn't say it.

Tyler 10-21-2009 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sage_of_fire (Post 3146257)
I don't think it's really Naruto that's the bad part. I actually liked the anime when it first came out, and I'd still watch the uncut. It's more the fans that make it so hated, narutards. Is that offensive? If so then I didn't say it.

Well that and, I think Naruto is crap. I've seen some episodes here and there, and it's not horrible, I just think it's gay. And while we're at it, Naruto is not a ninja. He's a dude with spiky hair with a headband in an orange coat. "Beleive it!"

DBZ is the best anime, in my opinion.

sage_of_fire 10-21-2009 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShockT (Post 3146262)
Well that and, I think Naruto is crap. I've seen some episodes here and there, and it's not horrible, I just think it's gay. And while we're at it, Naruto is not a ninja. He's a dude with spiky hair with a headband in an orange coat. "Beleive it!"

DBZ is the best anime, in my opinion.

Heh, good use of catch phrase. Just out of curiosity, where did you watch the show? And seriously, what percent of anime dudes DON'T have spiky hair?

LightHawk 10-21-2009 01:06 AM

This list, for the most part, is Blasphemous.

Tyler 10-21-2009 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sage_of_fire (Post 3146266)
Heh, good use of catch phrase. Just out of curiosity, where did you watch the show? And seriously, what percent of anime dudes DON'T have spiky hair?

I watched it on Cartoon Network, but that was like 2 years ago. And my friend Alonso loves the show, so he made me play a Naruto video game. I just thought the characters looked weird, sounded stupid for some of them, and I thought the names were kinda stupid. And a lot of emos at my school read the manga...

I know a lot of characters in anime have spikey hair, but I wasn't trying to say that spikey hair was bad, I was just trying to prove my point that he doesn't look like a ninja. That's all.

sage_of_fire 10-21-2009 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShockT (Post 3146279)
I watched it on Cartoon Network, but that was like 2 years ago. And my friend Alonso loves the show, so he made me play a Naruto video game. I just thought the characters looked weird, sounded stupid for some of them, and I thought the names were kinda stupid. And a lot of emos at my school read the manga...

I know a lot of characters in anime have spikey hair, but I wasn't trying to say that spikey hair was bad, I was just trying to prove my point that he doesn't look like a ninja. That's all.

I would suggest watching an uncut sub, just to give it a good second chance. If you still don't like it then at least you can say you tried, then whatever you say to the "narutards" will be pretty much justified. Just my opinion.

On the hair thing, I'll just point out that real ninja's cant make a random log look exactly like a moving mirror image of themselves with the aid of a leaf either. I'm not trying to be a smart ass by saying that, I'm just saying that there's no point in bringing reality problems to something that isn't reality. I'll leave it at that.

Tyler 10-21-2009 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sage_of_fire (Post 3146285)
I would suggest watching an uncut sub, just to give it a good second chance. If you still don't like it then at least you can say you tried, then whatever you say to the "narutards" will be pretty much justified. Just my opinion.

On the hair thing, I'll just point out that real ninja's cant make a random log look exactly like a moving mirror image of themselves with the aid of a leaf either. I'm not trying to be a smart ass by saying that, I'm just saying that there's no point in bringing reality problems to something that isn't reality. I'll leave it at that.

Yeah, it's cool. I know what you're sayin' about the hair.
Maybe I will watch some japanese subs of it tomorrow then. I have the stomach flu so I have time.

Snow_Storm 10-21-2009 06:50 AM

It's not a bad list (but not a good list eitehr) at all but how the character are just place is just bad. I can see some of the old school anime characters being on the list but newer characters like Haruhi, Naruto and L shouldn't really be on that list. I mean, it's not a really bad list but ♥♥♥♥in Naruto and even Goku being that high on that list is just lulz.

This is just my opinion but....

1. Astro Boy
2. Spike Spiegel
3. Lupin III
4. Speed Racer
5. Major Makoto
6. Shotaro Kaneda
7. Sailor Moon
8. Pikachu
9. Goku
10. The one girl from Kiki's Delivery Sevice

Seriously, another thing: How the ♥♥♥♥ no Kiki's Devlery Service, Castle in the Sky, Spirited Away Characters made the list? ♥♥♥♥in' IGN suckin' up to the younger generation of idiots and otakus.

Fenix Down 10-21-2009 07:13 AM

At a glance, it just looks like a list of the main protagonists from the most popular shows. While that ain't illegal or anything - as far lists go, it just leaves the whole thing rather one dimensional.

http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/images/jm.../mononoke2.jpg

It definitely could have used some props towards the randy wench on the right.

Void Phantom 10-21-2009 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenix Down (Post 3146388)
At a glance, it just looks like a list of the main protagonists from the most popular shows. While that ain't illegal or anything - as far lists go, it just leaves the whole thing rather one dimensional.

It's exactly how it looks like, main protagonists from the most popular shows.
It would be really difficult for me to build up a 25 top anime characters because I wouldn't be able to choose among my personal vast pool of characters. It'd be easier if I had to choose between 100 characters. But here, we're talking about 25 characters, so I kinda expected better characters to show up in that list.
I'd understand if a 10 year old person watching a generic anime channel made that list, but IGN? Ha....

Kagami 10-21-2009 09:07 AM

Kinda surprised that haruhi and ichigo were that low. I thought they'd be higher than that.

Ty 10-21-2009 09:27 AM

Haha, i've only heard of 4 of the people up there.

Galedeep 10-21-2009 09:52 AM

Spike wasn't even the best character in Cowboy Bebop.

That's the only person I can actually comment on.