* When you apply to be an adopter, bear in mind that the mods will be judging you not only on your people skills, but how you conduct yourself on the forums in general.
* This includes a general good use of spelling, grammar and detailed posts.
* Remember, as an adopter, you are an example to your adoptee, so it's no good to make a member who is spammy an adopter, as the new member will not be encouraged to be the best they can be.
* Also - don't try to be sneaky and PM a mod with a perfect message with correct spelling and grammar if you do not post like that normally, as the mods will also check your past posts to make sure your posting style is acceptable.
~ Conditions for Adopting ~
* You must be a member for at least 3 full months. (Join on January 1st, you get to apply on April 1st.)
* Minimum of 50 posts.
* In order to adopt, send Bex or Margaret a PM where you explain why you want to be an adopter and why you think you’re suited for it. Name the PM “Why I want to adopt” or something similar.
* Once the PM is received, they'll look it through. If they find you suited for adoption (this is judged by your behaviour on the boards), you can go ahead and adopt.
* If they for some reason think you are not suited for adoption, they will let you know why, so you can change and maybe be able to adopt later. If you're rejected by one mod, do not go to the other and ask. It won’t be hard for us to figure this behavior out. It will result in a warning/infraction, and your privilege to adopt permanently revoked.
* You’re only able to adopt one newbie every two weeks. If there's a lot of new members and no one that offers adoption, you may take more than so. Use common sense.
* Maximum of 2 newbies/adopter. Don't take more newbies than you can handle.
* Newbies are not toys. Think of them as little forum users.
* Guard your newbie, help him/her out, and be a good parent.
So basically, to make a long story short, you must have been a member for at least 3 full months and have at least 50 posts in your post count, as well as have made "satisfactory" posts throughout the forums. If these all apply to you, PM Kasuto, Margar, or The Bex Express about possibly becoming an adopter.
(Click the banner for the latest episode: The Zelda Universe Podcast Returns!)