Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-16-2005, 09:03 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 19
Hi...

Hey there, I sorta new to the whole forum thing, except sigs and avatars (thanks to my bro), I've reviewed the rules and stuff so I suppose all I need is a warm welcome!
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-16-2005, 09:18 AM
The user formerly know as Omandy
View Posts: 496
Re: Hi...

Hey there Coming Soon (nice name), the names Omandy (duh! you can see that). It's good to have you on board. I'm relativly new here as well, I'm going on my second month here (ok, so I'm not all that new). I hope you like it here. We have lots of fun.

Oh, by the way this thread should really go under the new member's board. That's where you can go to meet other new people and where the oldies can go to welcome them. So if a mod ends up moving this thread, don't freak out, it's probably in the new members board. You can find that board at the top of the general chit chat page.

Again, welcome and have fun.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-16-2005, 09:27 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 19

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to check up on things more.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-16-2005, 04:42 PM
;D
View Posts: 2,022

Hello there, Coming Soon. That's a nice forum name. Anyways, welcome to the forum known as Zelda Universe, but we call it ZU for short. =P I'm glad you have read the rules, most newbies don't even think about reading the rules anymore. So, you're off to a great start. You have a sig and av, too. Nice!

If you're wondering why your post count isn't going up right now. That's because posts don't count in this forum anymore. People kept posting in every thread to raise their post count. So, it doesn't count anymore. Post counts don't count in clans either. I think that's it, or are there some more places where posts don't count? I don't know, I'll go check some time later.

When you post, put full effort and thought into the post. Don't post just to raise your post count like some people do. It's the quality and length of the post that counts, not how many posts you have. Some people have made a mistake and made a lot of posts with poor quality.

Also, you can't forget about grammar. It's your best friend on this forum. Always have good spelling and punctuation. I realize some people have bad spelling, and it's okay if you make one typo every once in a while. It won't hurt to use spell check on your posts. Remember that this is a forum, and it is not a chat room. So, spell things out. Like use "you" instead of "u." Do you see what my point is?

That's some of my advice. If you ever need any more, PM me, I guess? I won't bite. =P If you're completely lost, I suggest you to get adopted. It's optional though. If you think you're find on your own, then go on out and start posting.

Well, I'm done here. See you around. *leaves*

« hi evry wone | Hey »