Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 01:12 PM
Mogma
Steam ID: Reinohikari
View Posts: 168
Post Um... hi!

Well even thought I've been here a while now, I never got to introduce myself.

I am Tales-Sage, real name secret, also known as Teirsu or Reinohikari in some forums. So yes, I am Reinohikari on deviantART

I started off as a gamer at age 4, my 1st gaming memory is when I was at my rolemodel-cousin(cuz' she was a gamer) house playing Super Mario World at her house at age 6, but I remember knowing Mario and having played it some years before.

My 1st gaming console was the Game Boy Color, in the pokemon era, my 1st game was Pokemon Yellow. I still remember 2 "cool" older girls in the shcoolyard that kept complaining over that they never got to continue, the reason was that while playing they dragged out the game cartridge and then turned the GBC off. I later got Pokemon Silver since I lost yellow, but got tired of and still is tired of pokemon since I feel sorry for the monsters having to be kept in balls and computers.

I and bigbro late entered the N64 gang, me mostly because of the two bullies in class had one and talked about playing Zelda all the time(they was always stuck in the water temple based on what I heard, the weakest guy's father was american and probably helped them alot since they were stupid...) , and because they liked Zelda and hurt the others and me, I started hating everything Zelda.... In the end of the N64-PSX era bigbro brought an used N64 from a friend(I brought Mario Party 2 for myself to it and MP 3 to bigbro) and a cheap PSX at the toystore.

Then the GCN era began, I really wanted one, but since we were changing houses alot so I didn't dare to ask for one. I really wanted Tales of Symphonia(even though I didn't know the name, just had seen a picture of Colett/Collette), Luigi's Mansion(I picked up my cousin's love for Luigi), Mario Kart Doubble Dash and Super Smash. Bros Melee.

One day I was scrolling at nintendo.no's pages I found "Hamtaro: Ham-Ham's Unite", having a hamster I fell in love but couldn't find it anywhere. BUT suddenly a summer vacation I found it! But it wasn't Unite but Heart Break! . I fast understood that it was for the Game Boy Advance that my friend had at the time. But the GBA was really uncomfy holding!(small hands..) But then I saw it... the great and godly(what I thought) GBA SP! Later I brought Super Mario World to it and then Mario & Luigi's Superstar Saga, then Digimon Battle Spirits 2(and some others)! Not being able to beat M&L(well I did, 6 years later) I browsed Nintendo.com where I saw that a sequel was coming! I got really happy!

So I went to buy it, but it wasn't there (well it was the american relase date, and in the past games reached Europe and Australia last) . But I brought the DS Phat, that reminded me of a D-terminal anyway. Now the DS is the console I have the most games for(over 40) .

Then Wii came, I was at first kinda "meh" torwards it, but then! I read around the net and read about TP. Where the Hero would transform into a wolf(I love wolves)! I thought about that there would come a smash bros too so I begged mom and dad "please let me have a Wii for my birthday! I'll even pay some of it with you!!" dad didn't care, but mom did, so we ordered on(since it was all sold out) at the toystore, and I brought TP and Wii Play with the birthday money from the families of dad's brothers. So thanks to TP do I love the Zelda series today, so please don't talk badly about it. It was brave of me buying it, throwing the hate away, letting go of the hate the bullies made me have.

Since this is a forum from Nintendo fans, I won't mention PSP or Vita if I'm not asked about them.

But I'm an import gamer, so how did I become one? Well, I read manga alot, and one day Chrono Crusade(that later would become one of my fave manga series) showed up. I loved it, but it costed 60kr(around 10,39$) + the translators used half a year per vol + turned the colorpages into greyscale... so, knowing my dad got a Amazon.com account I made a shopping list for him with Chrono Crusade vol 3-8, then! I remembered the NA-Only InuYasha: Secret of the Divine Jewel(I was an hardcore InuYasha fan at the time) and added it to the shopping kart and said I was done and I'd pay him back. The box arrived, with lovely Chrono Crusade volumes and the game. After that I started ordering some GCN games from UK, and then, finally from Japan. Now I have loads of japanese games, mostly Tales of, but also 2 Zelda, one final fantasy etc. I still import some from US. The saddest thing about being import gamer here in Norway is post-taxes, so everything that costs over 200kr(around 34,66$, but books does not have taxes) costs 15% of the price + the weight extra! + we have to pay if they open the boxes without our permission...

So onto the 3DS. As I am now, a proud import gamer that doesn't want dub or waiting forever, the 3DS is Japanese and I have games to it that hasn't reached Europe nor US yet, but some of them have. I love it, and continue learning how to read japanese every day.

And just so you know, I hate dubs, so I don't want norwegian or any dub on american shows, just like I don't want dubs on games and anime that in originally speaks japanese. I don't have a fave country since every country has good things and bad things.

My english and japanese is self thaught by watching undubbed cartoons and anime, games, books and surfing the web.

Anyway... this isn't all about me, BUT! Nice to meet you! And I won't make anyone a sandwich.

My video pages are here and there. Please watch them if you'd like.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 01:35 PM
I choose you Sonichu!
View Posts: 3,046
Re: Um... hi!

Nice to meet you Tales-Sage! Cool you speak Japanese, I know another person here who can speak it too. Well, welcome to the forums and have a time here. (-^.^-)
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 02:06 PM
The Man Who Masterminds the Game
3DS ID: 5386-7629-1425
View Posts: 2,597

Well, welcome to ZU!
That's a great introduction, talking about how you started playing games, and how they evolved into you, beautiful.
You like anime and manga too, that's wonderful! I also hate dubs in anime or some cartoons, even videogames. I'd rather play/watch them in English or Japanese.
Anyways, welcome again, I'm sure you'll have lots of fun here!
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Navii!
Send a message via Skype™ to Navii_
View Posts: 692

LOL Nice to meet you Tales-Sage
that was quite the intruduction! So thanks so much for sharing!
I'm quite sure you have been enjoying yourself here,
so Welcome, Im Kayla, Im hoping to help along your experience in any way that I can!
So I hope you enjoy it ad hope to see you make more posts around here...

Happy member of the Farore Clan
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 04:20 PM
Mogma

Thank you everyone ^^ I feel really welcome here now ^^

@Kaguya-sama, I can understand alot if it's spoken or sung, but not read much yet and can neither write it well yet or talk it very well, so it's mostly "Arigato gozaimazu!" and the such. Could be fun if we could practice together ^^. I even dunno how to make the compy(nickname for computers) write japanese >.<'.

@Dei-san, yey ^^ always good to feel "not alone" in what one think, I've been called weeaboo alot, and that gets really annoying after the 1st time..

@Kayla hehe, it took a while so I felt kinda proud when I was done xD. I'll try to be more active, I promise!

#6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 04:21 PM
Mikau, The Guitar Legend Mikau, The Guitar Legend is a male Mikau, The Guitar Legend is offline
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tales-Sage View Post
Well even thought I've been here a while now, I never got to introduce myself.

I am Tales-Sage, real name secret, also known as Teirsu or Reinohikari in some forums. So yes, I am Reinohikari on deviantART

I started off as a gamer at age 4, my 1st gaming memory is when I was at my rolemodel-cousin(cuz' she was a gamer) house playing Super Mario World at her house at age 6, but I remember knowing Mario and having played it some years before.

My 1st gaming console was the Game Boy Color, in the pokemon era, my 1st game was Pokemon Yellow. I still remember 2 "cool" older girls in the shcoolyard that kept complaining over that they never got to continue, the reason was that while playing they dragged out the game cartridge and then turned the GBC off. I later got Pokemon Silver since I lost yellow, but got tired of and still is tired of pokemon since I feel sorry for the monsters having to be kept in balls and computers.

I and bigbro late entered the N64 gang, me mostly because of the two bullies in class had one and talked about playing Zelda all the time(they was always stuck in the water temple based on what I heard, the weakest guy's father was american and probably helped them alot since they were stupid...) , and because they liked Zelda and hurt the others and me, I started hating everything Zelda.... In the end of the N64-PSX era bigbro brought an used N64 from a friend(I brought Mario Party 2 for myself to it and MP 3 to bigbro) and a cheap PSX at the toystore.

Then the GCN era began, I really wanted one, but since we were changing houses alot so I didn't dare to ask for one. I really wanted Tales of Symphonia(even though I didn't know the name, just had seen a picture of Colett/Collette), Luigi's Mansion(I picked up my cousin's love for Luigi), Mario Kart Doubble Dash and Super Smash. Bros Melee.

One day I was scrolling at nintendo.no's pages I found "Hamtaro: Ham-Ham's Unite", having a hamster I fell in love but couldn't find it anywhere. BUT suddenly a summer vacation I found it! But it wasn't Unite but Heart Break! . I fast understood that it was for the Game Boy Advance that my friend had at the time. But the GBA was really uncomfy holding!(small hands..) But then I saw it... the great and godly(what I thought) GBA SP! Later I brought Super Mario World to it and then Mario & Luigi's Superstar Saga, then Digimon Battle Spirits 2(and some others)! Not being able to beat M&L(well I did, 6 years later) I browsed Nintendo.com where I saw that a sequel was coming! I got really happy!

So I went to buy it, but it wasn't there (well it was the american relase date, and in the past games reached Europe and Australia last) . But I brought the DS Phat, that reminded me of a D-terminal anyway. Now the DS is the console I have the most games for(over 40) .

Then Wii came, I was at first kinda "meh" torwards it, but then! I read around the net and read about TP. Where the Hero would transform into a wolf(I love wolves)! I thought about that there would come a smash bros too so I begged mom and dad "please let me have a Wii for my birthday! I'll even pay some of it with you!!" dad didn't care, but mom did, so we ordered on(since it was all sold out) at the toystore, and I brought TP and Wii Play with the birthday money from the families of dad's brothers. So thanks to TP do I love the Zelda series today, so please don't talk badly about it. It was brave of me buying it, throwing the hate away, letting go of the hate the bullies made me have.

Since this is a forum from Nintendo fans, I won't mention PSP or Vita if I'm not asked about them.

But I'm an import gamer, so how did I become one? Well, I read manga alot, and one day Chrono Crusade(that later would become one of my fave manga series) showed up. I loved it, but it costed 60kr(around 10,39$) + the translators used half a year per vol + turned the colorpages into greyscale... so, knowing my dad got a Amazon.com account I made a shopping list for him with Chrono Crusade vol 3-8, then! I remembered the NA-Only InuYasha: Secret of the Divine Jewel(I was an hardcore InuYasha fan at the time) and added it to the shopping kart and said I was done and I'd pay him back. The box arrived, with lovely Chrono Crusade volumes and the game. After that I started ordering some GCN games from UK, and then, finally from Japan. Now I have loads of japanese games, mostly Tales of, but also 2 Zelda, one final fantasy etc. I still import some from US. The saddest thing about being import gamer here in Norway is post-taxes, so everything that costs over 200kr(around 34,66$, but books does not have taxes) costs 15% of the price + the weight extra! + we have to pay if they open the boxes without our permission...

So onto the 3DS. As I am now, a proud import gamer that doesn't want dub or waiting forever, the 3DS is Japanese and I have games to it that hasn't reached Europe nor US yet, but some of them have. I love it, and continue learning how to read japanese every day.

And just so you know, I hate dubs, so I don't want norwegian or any dub on american shows, just like I don't want dubs on games and anime that in originally speaks japanese. I don't have a fave country since every country has good things and bad things.

My english and japanese is self thaught by watching undubbed cartoons and anime, games, books and surfing the web.

Anyway... this isn't all about me, BUT! Nice to meet you! And I won't make anyone a sandwich.
Thats awsome, I speak a little bit of japanese myself
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Mogma

Thankies, and that! awesome!

#8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-24-2012, 11:17 AM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 3,052

Top o' the morning to ye, Tales-Sage! Welcome to ZU!
Great name you have there! So, you like TP? It wasn't my first game, but it's my favorite.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-24-2012, 01:24 PM
You failed. It's too late.
Send a message via Skype™ to Herman
Steam ID: raxit1337
View Posts: 1,195

Oh, another Norwegian? Awesome!

Welcome to ZU, I'm Raxit. Hope you enjoy or (if not permanent) stay!