Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: What would you rate MM out of ten?
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 1 0.58%
6 1 0.58%
7 7 4.05%
8 12 6.94%
9 49 28.32%
10 103 59.54%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#41 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Anouki
View Posts: 56
Re: What would you rate LoZ:MM out of ten?

I give it a "10 out of 10" even though I'm still stuck in the second dungean XD
  #42 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Goron
View Posts: 202

MM probably had the best dungeons in the series to me and I really liked how it had only four with good reason. The further north you go, it's colder; the further south you go, it's more pleasant; the further east you go, it's more humid with marshes; and the further west you go, it's drier. North (ice), west (ocean), east (valley), and south (marshes). These all correlated with how the dungeons would be and I liked the whole concept.
  #43 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-13-2009, 12:22 AM
-
View Posts: 8,227

The dungeons in MM are good because they aren't built around one item, as much of the series is.
  #44 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-13-2009, 02:08 AM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Why would you re find the rupees? Unless you really needed money, that's just pointless. You get rupees, then you either spend them, or put them in the bank. Hardly a flaw.

Edit: It's a 10, by the way.
Because the game is almost always making you spend on things. You can't do them all in one cycle, so I'm constantly rewinding and have to open all those Treasure Chests of rupees again. You have to pay to play Honey & Darling's game and the Deku Scrub Playground 3 times in a row, then there's the Shooting Galleries, Treasure Chest Shop, Fisherman's Jumping Game, sword upgrades, items like Bombs, Arrows, and Powder Kegs are needed to enter areas over and over again every single cycle, and the All-Night Mask costs 500 rupees.

And I hardly ever take from the bank on my files because I'm always spending the whole game trying to get the Piece of Heart for depositing 5,000 rupees. In fact, sometimes I don't even have time to get to that before I beat the boss. So it would take even longer if I was pulling hundreds of rupees out for every area I choose to enter or side-quest I'm doing.

Also, I never exactly called anything a flaw, so you're right in saying it's hardly a flaw. It's just an annoyance to me. But what's worse was hearing everyone say the same things all the time, in my opinion.
Last Edited by CWP; 09-13-2009 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-13-2009, 06:52 AM
CONSTANT VIGILANCE
Send a message via AIM to Abyss Master Send a message via Skype™ to Abyss Master
Steam ID: AbyssMaster91 Wii U ID: TomOlav
View Posts: 4,941

I give it an 8. Great game with some pretty neat dungeons and lots of sidequests to grab onto, but it's short.
  #46 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-13-2009, 01:09 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWP View Post
Because the game is almost always making you spend on things. You can't do them all in one cycle, so I'm constantly rewinding and have to open all those Treasure Chests of rupees again. You have to pay to play Honey & Darling's game and the Deku Scrub Playground 3 times in a row, then there's the Shooting Galleries, Treasure Chest Shop, Fisherman's Jumping Game, sword upgrades, items like Bombs, Arrows, and Powder Kegs are needed to enter areas over and over again every single cycle, and the All-Night Mask costs 500 rupees.

And I hardly ever take from the bank on my files because I'm always spending the whole game trying to get the Piece of Heart for depositing 5,000 rupees. In fact, sometimes I don't even have time to get to that before I beat the boss. So it would take even longer if I was pulling hundreds of rupees out for every area I choose to enter or side-quest I'm doing.

Also, I never exactly called anything a flaw, so you're right in saying it's hardly a flaw. It's just an annoyance to me. But what's worse was hearing everyone say the same things all the time, in my opinion.
Well, it seems like you consider it to be a flaw, you knocked your rating down to an 8. ;D

You can't deposit 5,000 rupees, I don't think. Doesn't it max out at 2,000? I know I've had 2,000 rupees sitting in the bank for a long while, making money take up almost no time in my 3 day cycle.

Edit: Also note that this is just a friendly discussion, I'm not at all trying to argue. I tend to give off that impression, so ya.
Last Edited by Alex; 09-13-2009 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #47 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-13-2009, 02:47 PM
His fingers constantly thinks differently than his head.
View Posts: 1,179

the max amount of rupees that you can have in the bank in MM is 5,499. For me its really easy to collect rupees and store them in a bank, especially since anything you do have to buy doesnt cost that much.
  #48 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-13-2009, 03:31 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaZealot View Post
the max amount of rupees that you can have in the bank in MM is 5,499. For me its really easy to collect rupees and store them in a bank, especially since anything you do have to buy doesnt cost that much.
Huh, interesting.

You also need to consider that there are several chests in Clock Town with white (100) rupees, making money extremely easy to get.
  #49 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-14-2009, 07:50 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 124

9/10

MM is my favorite Zelda game, but I admit that it has its faults. A score of 10 would denote true perfection which, frankly, I don't feel ANY LoZ game has yet achieved (some have come close, but they all have their shortcomings). Someday, though, Nintendo will get the notion to take the best parts from OoT and MM to make a game worthy. Until then, my fullest praise remains muted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Link-182-
Another complaint is how absurd it was to find some of the masks. For instance, what wold possibly posess someone to bust out the Lens of Truth near Ikana to find a lone, invisible soldier? maybe I missed something, but it gave absolutely NO hint anywhere in the game about Jiro. This really only goes for a couple of masks, but I had to vent it out.
Actually, there is a hint for that one, in Great Bay, of all places. When you talk to the fisherman about the picture of the Gerudo Pirate in his hut (the second time, I think), makes subtle hints about a mask that might help you infiltrate the fortress. However, its so easy to miss that I didn't actually figure this out until my fourth play-through, having found Jiro by accident my first time through (that ring of rocks was pretty conspicuous).
  #50 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-15-2009, 04:27 AM
-

Well, I wouldn't call the game perfect, but it's closer to a 10 than a 9, so I figured it was deserved.
  #51 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Wiccan
View Posts: 269

I'd give it a 9.9, OoT was a hard game to follow.
  #52 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-20-2009, 03:38 AM
Passive cannibalism.
View Posts: 935

A nine. Haven't met a straight ten game ever. But along LA, MM is my favourite game.
  #53 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-20-2009, 03:53 AM
Light Spirit
Send a message via AIM to Enuf3
View Posts: 3,121

9/10.

10/10 means absolute perfection.. Which MM did not have. Though it is easily my favorite Zelda game and 9/10 is A LOT.. especially from me.

I wish they'd make more games like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnasheikah109 View Post
What does this mean?
I think he's just trying to say OoT was a perfect 10 and that a 9 is all he could give MM because of the fact the OoT was so damn good.
Last Edited by Enuf3; 09-20-2009 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #54 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 90

9/10 .. it was a great game but the Great Bay Temple was the worst temple I've ever had to complete.

The side quests were amazing though.
  #55 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-23-2009, 04:46 AM
Kokiri
View Posts: 76

The game's storyline is not so great as the one from the Ocarina of Time. However, the game in general, movie clips and bosses more than make up for that. Not to mention the amazing alternate ending!
This game has one of my favorite bosses (Twinmold), which I really enjoyed from A Link to the past. It's nice with all the side quests, and the bomber's book to list the progress of the quests in is really nifty. I also love the idea of collecting masks, and being able to play as a Zora, Deku Scrub and a Goron is really fun.
Only negative I can point out is that it needed more temples and bosses.

A worthy 9/10.

Currently playing:
Phantom Hourglass (courage dungeon)
Ocarina of Time (shadow temple)
Majora's Mask (woodfall temple (hiatus))
A Link to the past (dark world - first temple)
  #56 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-23-2009, 07:41 AM
Well wow
View Posts: 421

I give it a 10! It was a great game. A fantastic story. Everything was perfect.
  #57 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-23-2009, 10:14 AM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 395

Great game but far from perfect, it has its flaws. Save system gets annoying at times, esepcially when your in the middle of a dungeon and then you have to do something, meaning you have to go all the way back and find an 'owl statue', very frustrating.

The begining of the game kind of always puts me off as well since you have to go through the whole three day cycle get the ocarina back then you can save the game. The game demands to much time form you, it's not the kind of game where you can just pick and play, you really need time on your hands to actually play the game properly, i'm not saying thats a big flaw but it does get frustrating.

All in all i'll give it a very high 8/10.
Last Edited by Mozi; 09-23-2009 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #58 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-29-2009, 07:34 PM
PrimeMaterialDuelist PrimeMaterialDuelist is a male United States PrimeMaterialDuelist is offline
The Duelist With 100Hearts
Send a message via AIM to PrimeMaterialDuelist
View Posts: 495
Wink

10 of course its only tied with OoT
i loved MM&OoT i just hope TP is better than wat iver seen on zeldapedia
O'Neill: "I'm telling you Teal'c, If we don't get out of this soon I'm going to lose it... Lose it, means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in control of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal... WACKO!"

"I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"
―The Doctor
  #59 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-29-2009, 07:39 PM
DigificWriter DigificWriter is a male United States DigificWriter is offline
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 339

MM gets a 10 from me, mainly because I may be one of the few fans out there who actually enjoyed it more than OoT, which is an incredible game in its own right.
Concerning the Decline/Downfall Timeline:
Quote:
Originally posted by Hylian1
There is no "what-if" scenario. It doesn't say anything about "what if this happened, or what if that happened", it explicitly states that each of the scenarios DID happen and shows the consequences of each one.
  #60 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-29-2009, 07:42 PM
PrimeMaterialDuelist PrimeMaterialDuelist is a male United States PrimeMaterialDuelist is offline
The Duelist With 100Hearts
Send a message via AIM to PrimeMaterialDuelist
View Posts: 495
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
MM gets a 10 from me, mainly because I may be one of the few fans out there who actually enjoyed it more than OoT, which is an incredible game in its own right.
i enjoyed it more than OoT lol,but OoT was longer which made the enjoyment last longer lol
O'Neill: "I'm telling you Teal'c, If we don't get out of this soon I'm going to lose it... Lose it, means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in control of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal... WACKO!"

"I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"
―The Doctor

Tags
lozmm, rate, ten