Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2009, 10:26 AM
Zora Warrior
Send a message via AIM to Midnafan1
View Posts: 365
Remake of NES/SNES Zelda

I don't know about everyone else here but I personally would enjoy a remake of the first Zelda with vamped up graphics and The story actually being put in the game instead of the little booklet that comes with the game.
I love that game for the shear fact that it was one of the hardest Zelda games for me........ It still is to this day. =p I think it deserves to be brought into this time with an epic map that'll make people's jaws drop to the floor in awe. Naturally, I wouldn't want the map to be completely changed. I would want everything to be in the same exact place as the NES version.

Also, A link to the past is my fourth favorite Zelda game. I've memorized everything about that game even down to the point to where if someone asks me for help, I don't have to be looking at the screen to tell them where to go and what enemies will be where. I want a remake of this to challenge me a little more. Maybe a master quest version of this. =] That would be perfect. ^_^
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2009, 10:37 AM
Mr C is also fine
View Posts: 895
Re: Remake of NES/SNES Zelda

I would love to see a remake of AoL, Seeing Hyrule as a actual nation and wandering town to town across the countryside would be worth it in itself.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Zora Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celvantis View Post
I would love to see a remake of AoL, Seeing Hyrule as a actual nation and wandering town to town across the countryside would be worth it in itself.
I think that one should get a remake as well....... Only because it confused the **** out of me..... =/ I tried playing it but I didn't know where to go or what to do........ Also, I died a lot....... And I stress that it was "A lot"....

Anyways, AoL would be pretty cool. =]
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2009, 02:01 PM
Banned User
Steam ID: sircalibur
View Posts: 2,560

Not really, no. I’d rather have the devs work on a new game then make another version of one I’ve already played.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Why should the fruit be held inferior to the flower?
View Posts: 301

Instead of an AoL remake, I'd rather see another, new, AoL style game for the DS or something
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Mogma
View Posts: 186

There's always gonna be those who'd prefer a new game to a remake. I can understand where they are coming from and all, but I am pro remakes.

I would love to see Zelda 1 and 2 get remade, and to better explain the story. Maybe Zelda 1 could even have a for reals town and Hyrule castle fit into the game someplace, just so it doesn't seem that Hyrule is nothing but a field full of caves.
I would imagine that Zelda II would be a little less frustrating if controls were improved.... I just hope the difficulty wouldn't be lowered too much. It felt great to beat such a challenging game.

But like some one else said, a DS game with the same concept as Zelda II is also something that really interests me. I mean... they made New Super Mario Bros, which I loved, because it brought the series back to the things that made me love it in the first place, while improving on it. I wish we could have both the current Zelda progression on the DS, AND a "New Legend of Zelda" sort of thing that pretty much re-creates and enhances the experience of the older games, but I don't get the feeling that Zelda II would be where they draw inspiration from. Sadly there just isn't much demand for a Zelda II-ish game, when Zelda II gets way too much harsh words from the fans and the general public. ( Also the way Zelda is now seems pretty set in stone... kinda like how there's just not going to be any turnip tossing in Mario any time soon... )

Insomnia is the best friend of a mind that is creative."
-Myself........ but boy, do I sure wish I could conk out before sunrise, like everyone else.

By Jove, I think this may be the most hostile forum I have been on.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Banned User
Send a message via Yahoo to Potent Col
View Posts: 1,416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Keesey View Post

I would love to see Zelda 1 and 2 get remade, and to better explain the story. Maybe Zelda 1 could even have a for reals town and Hyrule castle fit into the game someplace, just so it doesn't seem that Hyrule is nothing but a field full of caves.
I would imagine that Zelda II would be a little less frustrating if controls were improved.... I just hope the difficulty wouldn't be lowered too much. It felt great to beat such a challenging game.
Hyrule was ravaged and destoyed by Ganon in The Legend of Zelda, that's why there were no towns or a Hyrule Castle.
Last Edited by Potent Col; 07-27-2009 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2009, 08:55 PM
Zora Warrior

All of what you just said is very true.
And I couldn't agree more. If they could remake the games for the sake of bringing back the old while adding a touch of the new, Nintendo would have my undying loyalty.
However, there are games I don't really care for being 3D. Like Metroid for example. I love the old school and hand held versions of it. But making it a FPS style game just killed the series for me. I understand they saw an opportunity to expand their market to the serious run-n-gun gamers but why not keep up with the old as well??? Metroid is one of the only games I like being 2D..... Now if they would just remake Super Mario World for the DS with vamped up graphics.

But hey, this is just my opinion. =p I'm not trying to say other peoples opinions are wrong. =p
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2009, 09:07 PM
Mogma
View Posts: 186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potent Col View Post
Hyrule was ravaged and destoyed by Ganon in The Legend of Zelda, that's why there were no towns or a Hyrule Castle.
Huh? Where did you hear this? The closest thing I read to this was that the castle was attacked, but it was never said that it was destroyed... and there was no talk about a town at all. If that's the case, wouldn't there be ruins of a town or a castle? I doubt that the graveyard is supposed to be ruins to anything... although it is an odd place to put a graveyard...

Insomnia is the best friend of a mind that is creative."
-Myself........ but boy, do I sure wish I could conk out before sunrise, like everyone else.

By Jove, I think this may be the most hostile forum I have been on.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Reach out to the truth.
Send a message via AIM to Brotagonist Send a message via Skype™ to Brotagonist
Steam ID: wolfennights

View Posts: 17,656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Calibur View Post
Not really, no. Id rather have the devs work on a new game then make another version of one Ive already played.
What about a remake that made it feel like it was a whole new game?

Tumblr!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
I read "therapist" as "goat".
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2009, 10:06 PM
Mogma
View Posts: 150

wow Remakes... that would be horrible.. i mean youd know how everything would go already, only difference is that it would be in 3D form. I am completely against any remakes even if they were placed on hand helds. Why waste time on that, when we can have a new adventure that we dont know how it already unfolds?

*LOCKED*
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2009, 10:12 PM
King Of Hyrule
View Posts: 3,309

On another forum I belong to someone is/was creating Zelda 1 LTTP style.
Other then fan projects I'm not really into official remakes.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2009, 12:19 AM
TheGhostOfMandrag TheGhostOfMandrag is a male United States TheGhostOfMandrag is offline
Powerless to Resist
View Posts: 8,872

I'd like a 2.5D remake of Zelda II for the DS. That would rock.

Zelda 1 should get the 2D console treatment, though.
It's manual art was very pretty. Water-color-styled graphics based on the official art would be fantastic.

Characters
Enemies
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2009, 01:22 AM
Narpas Sword Narpas Sword is a male United States Narpas Sword is offline
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 3

AoL remake for the w1n!
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2009, 08:41 AM
Why should the fruit be held inferior to the flower?
View Posts: 301

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnafan1 View Post
All of what you just said is very true.
And I couldn't agree more. If they could remake the games for the sake of bringing back the old while adding a touch of the new, Nintendo would have my undying loyalty.
However, there are games I don't really care for being 3D. Like Metroid for example. I love the old school and hand held versions of it. But making it a FPS style game just killed the series for me. I understand they saw an opportunity to expand their market to the serious run-n-gun gamers but why not keep up with the old as well??? Metroid is one of the only games I like being 2D..... Now if they would just remake Super Mario World for the DS with vamped up graphics.

But hey, this is just my opinion. =p I'm not trying to say other peoples opinions are wrong. =p
Whoa, I completely disagree with you about Metroid. It's in first-person, but it's definitely not a "run-n-gun" game. It's still just as much an adventure game as before.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2009, 08:47 AM
Zora Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niloc13 View Post
Whoa, I completely disagree with you about Metroid. It's in first-person, but it's definitely not a "run-n-gun" game. It's still just as much an adventure game as before.
lol, I never said it was a run-n-gun game, I said they expanded their market to the run-n-gun gamers. =p
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Banned User
Send a message via Yahoo to Potent Col
View Posts: 1,416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Keesey View Post
Huh? Where did you hear this? The closest thing I read to this was that the castle was attacked, but it was never said that it was destroyed... and there was no talk about a town at all. If that's the case, wouldn't there be ruins of a town or a castle? I doubt that the graveyard is supposed to be ruins to anything... although it is an odd place to put a graveyard...
The manual would like a word with you, and so would the map. And so do I.
The graveyard? That was wear a Kakariko Village - presumably the one in Four Swords Advetnures and/or A Link to the Past - stood.

And Hyrule castle became one of the dungeon levels in The Legend of Zelda.
Last Edited by Potent Col; 07-28-2009 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 61

Having never beaten Zelda 1 or 2... I think it'd be a good idea to re-make them. I would assume most casual Zelda players hasn't taken the time to figure these ancient games out, and even more people instantly get turned off by the fact that the graphics aren't flashy enough.

Let's be honest, graphics are just as important as the gameplay in modern video games.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2009, 11:14 AM
Zora Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserth View Post
Let's be honest, graphics are just as important as the gameplay in modern video games.

Yes, that is very true. I love the old games and I grew up playing SNES and the NES but now, I cant really play the old school games. I tried to play final fantasy III for the SNES (I think it was the SNES) and I couldn't play it. But when it came out on the DS, I played it all the way through. =]

Sig made by me!

Artwork done by Kris Troutman
http://www.kristroutman.com

#20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Mogma
View Posts: 171

it would be so awesome to see a remake of the origional zelda

Tags
nes or snes, remake, zelda