Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-20-2008, 05:55 PM
View Posts: 23
Ocarina of time vs ocarina of time master quest

So what's the difference between OOT and OOT master quest
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-20-2008, 06:00 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 139
Re: Ocarina of time vs ocarina of time master quest

Oot master quest has added rooms in temples/ more obstacles, more intelligent AI and more powerful enemies.

For Nintendo/Zelda toy reviews go to:
www.youtube.com/chazz8zelda
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-20-2008, 06:03 PM
View Posts: 23

Cool, is it worth $30?
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Goron Mask
View Posts: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz8Zelda View Post
Oot master quest has added rooms in temples/ more obstacles, more intelligent AI and more powerful enemies.
There is no added rooms at all they're just redesigned. The AI remains exactly the same and the enemys are the same in attack and strength as in regular OoT.

I'd say the should still buy it though if you enjoyed Ocarina of Time.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-20-2008, 07:19 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Xeno

View Posts: 20,618

The only reason people say it is "harder" is because it introduces more difficult enemies earlier on in the game and rearranges some treasure chest locations.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Goron
View Posts: 294

I didn`t really think The Master Quest wasn`t that hard. It seemed a bit like the normal version. *shruggs*
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-20-2008, 11:20 PM
The Doctor
Send a message via AIM to Ohmygasha!
View Posts: 181

I agree with Nikita. It wasn't that hard, but it's a nice treat for people who've played OoT into the ground and need a breath of fresh air.

Farore? I hardly even know her.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-21-2008, 12:33 AM
I'M ON A BOAT
View Posts: 99

I wanna get this game so badly... D= I can't find it anywhere.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-21-2008, 01:33 AM
ABOMINATION, TRAITOR TO HUMANITY
View Posts: 3,280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorisque View Post
I wanna get this game so badly... D= I can't find it anywhere.
It's getting hard to find. Unused, it can for for $50. But used, it's dirt-cheap. Try eBay.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-21-2008, 12:32 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 133

The game is also less obvious than any other Zelda game. The puzzles are actually hard in this. You often miss things in this game, as they're placed very smart, in areas you normally wouldn't look.

The enemies you face are just like in Ocarina, but the difference is that they increase in numbers and the areas you fight them in are different. In the water temple, you get to fight 3 stalfos in a very small area, and that fight is not an easy one unless you've gathered alot of hearts and magics. It's more challenging than any Zelda combat wise really. (IMO)

The downside is that the design of the new temples look really messy. The temples aren't amazing to watch anymore, they're just made to be hard. Sometimes it's ridiculous to watch rooms, as they have blocks randomly placed, cows in walls, weird, illogically placed items, etc. In short, the temples look awful.

Some puzzles are also downright illogical. How the hell would you think of hook shooting a random painting in a room. It just doesn't require any logical thinking to solve, it's just dumb, it's there to fool you and be hard to find. You really just have to try around to find such things.

I also got stuck for over a year (and gave up, until a few months ago where I solved it and completed the game). The forest temple basically required me to have dins fire to burn an eye (since it's impossible to have fire arrows at this point, and there was no fire to shoot an arrow through), and I just couldn't solve it. Since you can't go back to being a child and get din's fire until you've beaten the forest temple, I gave up.
So when I picked the game up again, I went into the water temple, got the longshot, went back, hookshot a lantern that was barely visible, and barely reachable (hardly think that was what I was supposed to do. Then again, this is Master Quest), and thus I got a key I (again, I'm not sure) wouldn't get at that point, and was able to skip the whole ice room and complete the temple.

Now if that was what you were supposed to do without din's fire, then who the hell designed this game? Evil person.

All in all, it's a fun challenge. But I'm not sure I'd spend much money on it, OOT is better in my opinion.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-21-2008, 01:12 PM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 306

I liked OOT masters quest, I didn't find it too difficult, but it was refreshing to lay the game again with sleight changes.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-21-2008, 01:25 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 119

i never really new the difference till now, i would try it, but i dont have it anymore

click sig to go to shop
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 68

Master quest is... weird. I'm not saying I don't like it, but it feels really weird first time through.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-31-2008, 03:07 AM
Kokiri
View Posts: 74

i have it for PC although i havent gotten far i noticed in the Deku tree the Eggs Queen Gohma lays are in alot of the rooms in the deku tree.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-16-2012, 02:43 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 5

Master Quest is OoT with redone dungeons designed to be more challenging. However, many of them are either stupid or mediocre. A lot of the puzzles are illogical and make absouletly no sense whatsoever. A lot of them are very annoying too. That song of time puzzle in the Spirit Temple is not only tedious, it's stupid, it's annoying, it's senseless, it's illogical, it's just awful. That one puzzle is more annoying than any Zelda dungeon altogether. Wtf Nintendo? Cows growing out of walls that you have to hit to open a door. Dumbest puzzle ever. I'd give it a 7/10. Same great story and gameplay, same music, everything but many stupid senseless just plain retarded puzzles.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-16-2012, 05:34 PM
-
View Posts: 8,224

The Master Quest that was released as a promotional aid for Wind Waker is a lot of fun. It starts of pretty damn hard, and kinda levels out to be about as difficult as the regular game by the end of it.

Puzzles are just a little rearranged, keys are placed in more difficult less intuitive locations. It's a lot of fun for those who have beaten OoT already. Worth looking into.

Edit: I have not played the 3DS version, so I couldn't say for that.
Last Edited by Alex; 01-16-2012 at 05:34 PM. Reason:
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-16-2012, 07:12 PM
LuminaForce37 LuminaForce37 is a male United States LuminaForce37 is offline
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 338

As many have plainly stated, OoT Master Quest is OoT made trickier. The puzzles aren't so, " Oh of course I should have thought of that" it's like " holy ♥♥♥♥? how did I think of that, and how is it RIGHT?" It's for expert Zelda players. You need to think outside of the box.
And as no one has mentioned the OoT 3D Master Quest, I will. It's the same as the original Master Quest, but it got the TP make-over of the entire world being flipped. Now Kokiri Forest is in the West, as opposed to the East. It's almost a Master Quest for people who beat the Master Quest. Link is right-handed in this version too, so it was kind of easy to pick up and start playing again after playing Skyward Sword. It's interesting to see how things look backwards.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-16-2012, 07:14 PM
gone with the ghost train
View Posts: 4,946

ipodtouch864, please do not revive old threads. Thanks.
Closed Thread

Tags
master, ocarina of time, quest