Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-05-2004, 09:21 PM
Goron
Send a message via AIM to zamb0nio
View Posts: 101
Re: Threories for Fierce Deity's Mask

i thought it was all the masks combined into one because you gotta give skull kid alllllll yur masks at the end of the game so.....no one knows

omfg.
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-06-2004, 03:18 PM
View Posts: 3,400

That is actually the only real evidence is that The Fierce Deity's is made from all of the masks in the game. If you don't believe me do all of the land tile deed trades and on the final deku flower-spitter-upper there is a ledge where you get a heart piece next to a gossip stone. Put on the mask of truth and talk to it.
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-08-2004, 10:02 AM
Lover of Ham
View Posts: 495

I think that AGES ago, there was some kinda war between the guys who made Majora's Mask, and the Sheikah. The Sheikah never stood a chance against Majora, so they made the Fierce Diety Mask. And perhaps when someone puts on that mask, they turn into a Sheikah form? Like Oni Link, Zora Link, Deku Link... etc. That may be why Oni Link only appears against the battle with Majora, he has a score to settle!
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-08-2004, 11:52 AM
Ask Not What Zaius Can Do For You
Send a message via AIM to Zaius Ex
View Posts: 5,960

I have a theory, and my theories are always right.

Maybe a group of Japanese people wanted to make an already dissapointing video game a little better by adding a mask that transforms the worthless Child Link into an adult 1/4 the badassness of the Adult form from the previous game, which was a masterpiece.

-This theory is right. There is NO POSSIBLE WAY to argue it. You lose, I win. Domo Arigato.-

Oh, and who the hell did anyone come up the the name "Oni Link"? It's a damn fan name. There is no proper name for the transformed Link wearing the Fierce Diety's Mask (OR the Fierce God's Mask, if you want to get into the Japanese name) besides Fierce Diety Link and Fierce God Link.

Thank you again.
Zaius and I are much like the mongoose and the cobra, we are destined for battle time and time again, even if it is not in our territory. Of course, I'm the mongoose since I like having appendages, and Zaius seems like a cold-blooded creature.
Voted Best Theorist three times.
Voted Most Knowledgeable of Zelda three times.
Winner of TSA's Zelda Championship Tournament.
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-08-2004, 07:13 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 27

you must take a look at this. not sure if it's oni-link. what do you think?

is just the face, I know, but the original one was too big so I wasn't abe to place it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dark link close-up.jpg (17.4 KB, 12 views)

Dark Master
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-09-2004, 08:31 AM
Goron
View Posts: 126

The Japanese name for the Fierce Diety Mask has the Kanji for Oni in it, and the Japanese guide books all refer to the transformed Link as Kijin Link (Kijin = Oni-god)
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-09-2004, 08:21 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 27

fanart eh? I see.......

hey, SearanoX, the guy on your pic is Piers from Golden Sun The Lost Age?
just in case, GSTLA rulez!

Dark Master
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-11-2004, 11:57 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 6

I have always though that the feirce deity mask changed the person wearing it into their most powerful form. So maybe thats just link at the most powerful state he becomes when he is an adult.

One reason I can think of is remember the original Zelda for NES? When he was at full hearts he shot light from is sword (or whatever that was) and after he got the blue ring (the most powerful in the game) his tunic was white.
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2004, 05:36 AM
Hylian Knight
View Posts: 544

most of the masks are either dead or just un-alive. so what if the feirce diety mask was either a champion of the people who was 'locked' in the moon or the gods wanted to grant link power.

thank you naki for avatar. and roy for the sig.
http://ffwforum.suddenlaunch.com/index.cgi hey guys lets help here survive, it's naki's site. teardrops runing like waterfalls. huge ghibli fan (only about 10 left)
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2004, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by secondgannon
most of the masks are either dead or just un-alive. so what if the feirce diety mask was either a champion of the people who was 'locked' in the moon or the gods wanted to grant link power.
Or maybe the Fierce Diety was NOTHING MORE than a transformation and will NEVER BE ANYTHING MORE. Good theory, eh?
Zaius and I are much like the mongoose and the cobra, we are destined for battle time and time again, even if it is not in our territory. Of course, I'm the mongoose since I like having appendages, and Zaius seems like a cold-blooded creature.
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2004, 05:59 PM
Lover of Ham
View Posts: 495

Quote:
Originally posted by DrZaius1
Or maybe the Fierce Diety was NOTHING MORE than a transformation and will NEVER BE ANYTHING MORE. Good theory, eh?
Not really, I'm sure the creators MEANT to put some mystery behind the mask. Besides, this is a Threories for Fierce Deity's Mask thread, and yours is just a belief. Not exactly a theory.

Catch my drift?
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2004, 06:29 PM

Of course, you have to take into account that this is pretty much a Fan Fic thread....

And then you'd have to move this to that forum.

Now tell me. Do you catch MY drift?
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-14-2004, 09:11 AM
Optimistic pessimist
View Posts: 518

both your drifts are caught!!

wait!! if fierce diety needs all 20 masks, how do you get the masks back???!!!
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-18-2004, 05:51 PM
resistance is fultile
View Posts: 221

we will never find out the true history behind tha mask.

but i think the dark link idea is flawed. dark link was adult link's alter ego, and wasnt as strong as oni link.

and it isnt a combination of all the masks, because you will have gained all the powers of all of them, like speed, and smell.

the theory of him being a god is very unlikly. altough on the hylian shield, there is a 4th triangle under the bird, but it is wrong. he would have played more of a role in the creation story.

i cant be bothered to correct any more, but i'll be back to finish them later...

YO SMOOOOOOOOOOTH MOFO!! HOW YA DOIN? 'COZ I'M GONNA TELL YOU A LITTLE SOMTHIN.......
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-16-2007, 07:54 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 1

Oni are creatures from Japanese folklore, similar to Western demons, ogres, and trolls. They are popular characters in Japanese art, literature, and theatre.

A deity or god is a postulated preternatural or supernatural being, who is usually, but not always, of significant power, worshipped, thought holy, divine, or sacred, held in high regard, or respected by human beings.

How did you get the name OniLink?
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Ganondorf Sympathizer
Send a message via AIM to Eralk Fang
View Posts: 1,202

It's the Japanese name of the mask. Since it's significantly different than the English version, it's higher canon than Fierce Deity's Mask.

This is not my original theory, but I've heard it bouncing around fandom.

Each of the transformation masks comes from a specific person (Deku Butler's Son, Darmani, Mikau). These people also come from three specific places in Termina. However, four is the more significant number in Termina. Termina's symbol is a compass, there are Four Giants, so on and so forth. The fourth transformation mask is the Fierce Deity Mask. The fourth direction is Ikana Canyon. Could the Fierce Deity Mask be an Ikana relic, the soul of a famous warrior or something along those lines?

Of course, this can be shot down as the mask was not made with the Song of Healing, and given to you by the Majora's Mask Child on the moon.
fanworks theories resources
eralk's notebook / eralk's list of canon resources
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-16-2007, 08:56 PM
You must be interested in me.
Send a message via AIM to Bingo
Steam ID: Bingo675
View Posts: 3,856

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eralk Fang View Post
It's the Japanese name of the mask. Since it's significantly different than the English version, it's higher canon than Fierce Deity's Mask.

This is not my original theory, but I've heard it bouncing around fandom.

Each of the transformation masks comes from a specific person (Deku Butler's Son, Darmani, Mikau). These people also come from three specific places in Termina. However, four is the more significant number in Termina. Termina's symbol is a compass, there are Four Giants, so on and so forth. The fourth transformation mask is the Fierce Deity Mask. The fourth direction is Ikana Canyon. Could the Fierce Deity Mask be an Ikana relic, the soul of a famous warrior or something along those lines?

Of course, this can be shot down as the mask was not made with the Song of Healing, and given to you by the Majora's Mask Child on the moon.
I agree with this. It must be Ikanian. And a common belief is that Fierce Deity, whoever he was, might have been the 'Link' of Termina. This is represented by the moon on his chest, sumbolizing Termina, and the triangle over his heart, symbolizing the triforce.

It would make sense for him to have been a warrior, possibly for Ikana. You have to remember, back in the days of Ikana there was a war going on. A war between the Ikana and the Garo, spies against Igos Du Ikana. But one question...where did that sword come from?
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Ganondorf Sympathizer
Send a message via AIM to Eralk Fang
View Posts: 1,202

Another piece of evidence could be the fact that a great deal of Triforce references are found in Ikana (as detailed in Hylian Dan's brilliant theory), which would explain the Triforce on his chest plate.

The smithy on Snowpeak (or his predecessor, if FD is ancient) may have made the sword.
fanworks theories resources
eralk's notebook / eralk's list of canon resources
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-16-2007, 09:16 PM
We ride towards the fight!

View Posts: 2,508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokeumi View Post
Oni are creatures from Japanese folklore, similar to Western demons, ogres, and trolls. They are popular characters in Japanese art, literature, and theatre.

A deity or god is a postulated preternatural or supernatural being, who is usually, but not always, of significant power, worshipped, thought holy, divine, or sacred, held in high regard, or respected by human beings.

How did you get the name OniLink?
Thank you for reviving a 3 year old thread.
  #40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-16-2007, 09:27 PM
You must be interested in me.
Send a message via AIM to Bingo
Steam ID: Bingo675
View Posts: 3,856

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eralk Fang View Post
Another piece of evidence could be the fact that a great deal of Triforce references are found in Ikana (as detailed in Hylian Dan's brilliant theory), which would explain the Triforce on his chest plate.

The smithy on Snowpeak (or his predecessor, if FD is ancient) may have made the sword.
Dude wow! That all makes perfect sense! I knew Ikana had something to do with Hyrule, didnt I tell you?! Anyway, thats an awesome theory. And I agree completely with it. I had noticed that portal before but thought nothing of it. And all the pillars and the oddly placed hand always bewildered me. And...somehow I never noticed a single Triforce emblem...

Its a magic sword, though, it shoots magic. I dont think a common smithy up in the mountains could make something like that. Theres gotta be something else behind it...or maybe its just cool.

Tags
deity, fierce, mask, threories