Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-13-2004, 05:32 PM
Goron
View Posts: 120
Link's Mother and War

In OOT we find out about Link's mother and that there was a war going on when Link was born:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deku Tree Sprout, after Link beats Forest Temple:
Some time ago, before the King of Hyrule unified this country, there was a fierce war in our world.

One day, to escape from the fires of the war, a Hylian mother and her baby boy entered this forbidden forest.

The mother was gravely injured... Her only choice was to entrust the child to the Deku Tree, the guardian spirit of the forest.

The Deku Tree could sense that this was a child of destiny, whose fate would affect the entire world, so he took him into the forest.

After the mother passed away, the baby was raised as a Kokiri. And now, finally, the day of destiny has come!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Thanks OldBeane for the quote sauce)

I'm just wondering what people's thoughts are on what this war was. It must have taken place at least 10 years before OOT because Link was already born. Plus Ganondorf was alive at that time, as was Impa. So, Hyrule was not yet unified. Who was at war, who was fighting? What does everybody think?
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-13-2004, 09:52 PM
Goron
View Posts: 269
Re: Link's Mother and War

hmm thats an interesting topic and i never really thought of that. i'd say it was an army from out side of hyrule trying to invade because i dont see the greudos trying to take over hyrule castle so i'd say it would have to be an army from Termina or somewhere else.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-13-2004, 10:28 PM
Zora Warrior
Send a message via AIM to Gerudo Thief_56
View Posts: 310

Yeah the other army could have been a land from a different Zelda game, that Hyrule was later allies with. Link's mother was probably in the wrong place at the wrong time.
I'm a dishonest person and a dishonest person you can always trust to be dishonest, honestly. It's the honest ones you want to look out for, because you can never predict when there going to do something stupid.- Capt Jack Sparrow
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2004, 12:37 AM
Hubba Bubba Nightmare
View Posts: 1,272

I use to think the imprisoning war was the war links mother got hurt in. I think this nintendo just made that to explain why link was raised in the forest.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2004, 01:42 AM
Goron
View Posts: 154

Yeah , I also always thought that it was the imprisoning war.
It made sence to me anyway.

^ Siggy is clickable
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2004, 04:18 AM
Captain Fap
Send a message via ICQ to e_alert Send a message via AIM to e_alert Send a message via Yahoo to e_alert Send a message via Skype™ to e_alert

View Posts: 3,186

i think its all the tribes and ganon's forces fighting. the tribes couldnt compete against each other AND ganons forces, so Hyrule unified them, defeated ganons forces, and named the land hyrule after himself. then 10 years later ganondorf starts his new plan and link is called forth. all makes sence, i think i read that somewhere, too.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2004, 04:26 AM
Spirit of Seasons
View Posts: 1,523

I always thought that the war was the imprisoning war......maybe it was just a war between all the races of Hyrule before they were unified.

[ZU Psychologist] [Warriors: K.J]
Chi ga tempo non ga tempo (He who has time have no time) - Old Italian Proverb
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2004, 06:32 AM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 394

I see it as a feirce civil war between races, Link's dad was on the Hylian side and he kicked the bucket. Link's mom was probavly trying to escape, but a few men from another side saw her and started throwing things at her. sharp big things that is, that made her sustain greivous injuries.

Hmmmm......If it was a Goron/Zora/Gerudo that killed the Mother....I'm surprised that Link didn't put two and two together on who might have killed his mom and decided to go on a rampage on them.

I am a proud member of the Miniblin Club!

To join the club, PM Miniblin for details and stuff.

When gone the Miniblin club is, taken down the siggy above will be.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2004, 06:35 AM
The World is Yours!!!
Send a message via Skype™ to Jimbob

View Posts: 5,052

I thought she was running away to safety and she got hit or something

Facebook : Twitter
Formally known as Jimez
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2004, 06:53 AM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 394

^ Exactly my point. She was running away from the war to try and save her son....but wait, why Korkri Forest? She probably knew that the Korkri couldn't leave the forest, so they were not part of the war, so she picked the forest.
When she was trying to save her son, she probably got nicked by a few arrows to the shoulders and arms. (Thankfully, the baby wasn't hit, or else OoT would have never began.)

I am a proud member of the Miniblin Club!

To join the club, PM Miniblin for details and stuff.

When gone the Miniblin club is, taken down the siggy above will be.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2004, 12:56 PM
Goron
Send a message via AIM to jmunkymunk
View Posts: 414

thinking about it, in MM it says the garos are shells of spies from an army that invaded ikana i think.so it could be possible they invaded hyrule too at one point.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2004, 09:09 PM
Captain Fap
Send a message via ICQ to e_alert Send a message via AIM to e_alert Send a message via Yahoo to e_alert Send a message via Skype™ to e_alert

View Posts: 3,186

hmm.. possible ^^. but as for his mother being hit and the forest, it says in the game that his mother was gravely injured, THEN she took him to the forest, because no evil could enter there. its in the sequence how link talks to the deku sprout.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2004, 09:23 PM
Goron
View Posts: 120

I think maybe some outside forces came and attacked the Hylians, and the King's soldiers weren't able to hold them off, so the King had to get the Zoras and Gorons to help, and possibly the Gerudos too, since the desert is a part of Hyrule in OOT, so all the places united to make Hyrule and defeat the opposing army. Perhaps Ganondorf instigated the war, but pretended to have nothing to do with it, and maybe even helped the Hylian armies, so in OOT he could "pledge his allegience" to the King of Hyrule. I don't think Zelda said how long Ganondorf had been "loyal" to the King. So maybe it was a Star Wars attack of the Clones Emperor type of thing?
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2004, 10:25 PM
Goron
View Posts: 290

Maybey the war was because Ganon ordered the Garudo's to attack.

#15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-17-2004, 04:28 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 38

It definetly was a war between the races: Hylians, Gorons, Zoras and Gerudos. The kokiri tribe was the only one that didn't fight. Link's mother fled to kokiri forest because that was the only safe place. She died at her injuries and Link growned up between the kokiri's.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-17-2004, 06:07 PM
May those who accept their fate be granted happiness...
Send a message via Skype™ to John
View Posts: 22,123

I don't think that it is the imprisoning war... to many problems. 1st during the imprisoning war Ganon was imprisoned.(how did he escape so quickly... if the Sages seal could only hold for 10 years then Link would be very busy, and the story behind WW wouldn't make sense.) 2nd The imprisoning war has Ganon and his followers attacking Hyrule castle... if that happend why would the king beleave that Ganondorf was trustworthy after only a decade or so? it just doesn't quite fit. If you want to beleave some of the comics then it was Zora fighting Gorons... and some of the Hylians wanted to join in so they rebelled against the king and ended up killing Link's father... Link's mother then takes Link to Kokiri forest and the Deku tree promises to protect Link... however becuase Link's mother could not be protected she turned into a tree... Well that's how the comic goes anyway.

Public Key ID: 057420A1
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-29-2010, 11:37 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 1

Ok guys...think....
The king united hyrule and there was a fierce war.
What unifies a country better than a war?
My guess is everybody was in a quarrel over either who would rule hyrule or cultural differences, then came a force or people so powerful it frightened everyone terribly. So the would be king stood up and led the nation to war so nothing so evil or powerful took over the land of hyrule cause chances are that once they would have taken over, They would have not been able to overthrow them.
Now who are these people?
I don't know but if they scared Everyone they must have been pretty horrible to terrify everyone into joining alliances.
Thats just my theory...
Last Edited by Fallencj; 06-29-2010 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Spelling Errors
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-29-2010, 12:46 PM
xDarkLonerXx xDarkLonerXx is a male United States xDarkLonerXx is offline
Mogma
Steam ID: xDarkLonerXx
View Posts: 160

The King had Unified the land of Hyrule this could be that the Gerudo and Hylians had a war with each other. Remember what Zelda said in the Castle Courtyard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda
That is Ganondorf, the leader of the Gerudos. They hail from the desert far to the west. Though he swear allegiance to my father I am sure he is not sincere.
Obviously this means that the War mentioned in the Deku Tree Sprouts story is a war between Hyrule and the Gerudos. If you visit the Gerudo Valley as kid they don't allow you to pass because they don't trust Hylians because of this war.

Their wasn't a war between the Hylian, Zora, and Goron races because they were held in respect to the Royal Family of Hyrule, Hence them having the other 2 spiritual stones needed to open the Door of Time. If anything, the Zora's and Goron's would be helping the Hylians in the War. It would explain why their wasn't a spiritual stone or anything equivalent to that for the Gerudos. Also remember Darunia and the King of Hyrule were sworn brothers. Gorons wouldnt fight the Hylians for the fact their rulers are sworn brothers and that they are held in regard to the Royal Family.

Most Likely this war was between Gerudo's and Hylians.

Edit: Edited multiple times to correct grammar and rephrase certain things
Adventure of Link, Triforce of the Gods(Link to the Past), Isle of Dreams (Link's Awakening), Ocarina of Time (MQ, 3D), Majora's Mask, Oracle of Seasons/Ages(Linked Game), The Wind Waker/Wind Waker HD Hero Mode, Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures, Minish Cap, Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Skyward Sword (Hero Mode included), Link Between Worlds (Hero Mode included)

Heretic Timeline:
------------WW > PH > ST
SS>OoT<- MM > TP
------------ALttP> OoS> OoA> LA> ALBW> LoZ> AoL

MC > FS > FSA
Last Edited by xDarkLonerXx; 06-29-2010 at 12:55 PM. Reason:
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-29-2010, 06:45 PM
Super Mecha Death Christ
Send a message via Skype™ to Melpomene

View Posts: 11,900