Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-28-2007, 08:47 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 23
Exclamation A List of Secrets For ALTTP:

If you go to where you acquired the Ice Rod,you can find a secret.Instead of going inside the hole on the left,Go into the hole on the right.(when i say "hole" i mean cave)You will find in the second room a statue.Use your Pegasus Boots(You did get those right?)and ram the statue,a bee will pop out.Do not despair!This is a golden bee........He can help you. HA!Now catch the bee and take him to that guy that sells you a bottle for 100 rupees and let the bee loose.The man will give you a variety of items or 20 rupees.

NOTE!:This can only bee done only once.

Also,once you dry up the pond in order to get to the 2nd D.World you will see a fish.If you pick the fish up and throw it into the nearby FULL lake,the fish gives you 20 rupees.Albeit,if you bring the fish to the guy whom you brought the bee to,he gives you a variety of items or 100 rupees.

At the note of a member: BigGoronSword,Mothula can easily be killed using The Good Bee or the average bee.(plz bee helpful!)

Note from Big Bro Davida,You can reflect magic attacks with the bug-catching net!

NOTE!:THIS can only be done once as well!

NOTE!:These somewhat secret secrets are not completely official!

P.S:The guy who gives you the bottle lives in Kakariko village,right by the bird statue!
Last Edited by 1link2links3; 02-03-2007 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Addition of secrets! Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-28-2007, 12:56 PM
master of my fate, captain of my soul
View Posts: 9,959
Re: A List of Secrets For ALTTP:

These aren't cheats. There things that you can do. By doing them you aren't 'cheating'.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-28-2007, 03:15 PM
Goron
View Posts: 202

yeah cheating is kinda more link sword planting the dark pyramid and gaining access to ganon
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-28-2007, 03:28 PM
The Zelda God
Send a message via AIM to zelda_god Send a message via Yahoo to zelda_god
View Posts: 150

Those are fun to do sometimes, but unfortunately i hope you new they aren't new
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-28-2007, 08:24 PM
Big Bro Davidia Big Bro Davidia is a male Nauru Big Bro Davidia is offline
Proudly logging ZERO mod actions since...too lazy to find out :0D

View Posts: 7,590

That's uhm...that's great. :0P'

As everyone has said, these aren't cheats, and (although cool) I'm pretty sure that a lot of people figure this out during the game (at least I did).

Anyway, there doesn't seem to be an active thread for these types of things, so I'll just modify the title for you.

*adds his own* Use the bug-net to turn magic attacks back on enemies.

I am teh BBDeh!
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-29-2007, 03:53 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 4,803

I'm surprised no one mentioned the Chris Houlihan room (SNES only). In the Light World, leave the sanctuary and charge to Hyrule Castle as fast as possible. On the east side, use the Pegasus Shoes to ram the bush that has the secret passage under it. If you were fast enough, you'll find yourself in a secret room that takes you back to your house.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-29-2007, 04:13 PM
BigGoronSword BigGoronSword is a male Dominican Republic BigGoronSword is offline
RIP Robin Williams (8/11/14)
Send a message via AIM to BigGoronSword Send a message via Yahoo to BigGoronSword

View Posts: 11,257

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1link2links3 View Post
NOTE!:This can only bee done only once.
Not completely true. You can hold only one Good Bee at a time (you can hold multiple regular Bees if you wish), however when that Good Bee dies/gets lost/runs away you can always go back to that same cave and get another Good Bee.

You want to learn another Secret? Everybody knows that Mothula can be hurt by the Fire Rod and Sword. Not many people know that Mothula can also be harmed by a Good Bee (I've done this on the SNES version, I don't know if it works on the GBA version). I noticed this when one day I was fighting him, and I ran out of magic (and potions), so out of dear desperation, I set my Good Bee free, just to see what it would do. Booyah, the bee bashed the moth. It's not the strength of one's size that matters, it's the size of one's strength

-BGS

[ZeldaWiki][Forum Mods][Rules][ZUChat][Newbie Guide]
"If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans"-Van Zant
Giving up means you're willing to live with how things are-BGS
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-03-2007, 08:02 AM
Deku Scrub
Exclamation OI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Blades View Post
These aren't cheats. There things that you can do. By doing them you aren't 'cheating'.
When i say "cheats" I mean basically that these things are partly secret,that's all!
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-03-2007, 08:04 AM
Deku Scrub
Cool My eyesight is just as good as ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGoronSword View Post
Not completely true. You can hold only one Good Bee at a time (you can hold multiple regular Bees if you wish), however when that Good Bee dies/gets lost/runs away you can always go back to that same cave and get another Good Bee.

You want to learn another Secret? Everybody knows that Mothula can be hurt by the Fire Rod and Sword. Not many people know that Mothula can also be harmed by a Good Bee (I've done this on the SNES version, I don't know if it works on the GBA version). I noticed this when one day I was fighting him, and I ran out of magic (and potions), so out of dear desperation, I set my Good Bee free, just to see what it would do. Booyah, the bee bashed the moth. It's not the strength of one's size that matters, it's the size of one's strength

-BGS
I am well aware that you can easily kill Mothula with the good bee!You can also kill him with regular bees as well!

It works on GBA version too....
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-03-2007, 08:06 AM
Deku Scrub
Post A room that is only mentioned amongst the greatest of Zelda Fans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoL_ View Post
I'm surprised no one mentioned the Chris Houlihan room (SNES only). In the Light World, leave the sanctuary and charge to Hyrule Castle as fast as possible. On the east side, use the Pegasus Shoes to ram the bush that has the secret passage under it. If you were fast enough, you'll find yourself in a secret room that takes you back to your house.
In fact,you are right there!But you are not timed,i dont think.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2007, 11:52 PM
Fighter of the Nightman.
View Posts: 8,900

Thats intresting.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2007, 10:09 AM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 398

Do you know the secret of getting unlimited green potions?

Is very esay just go to a pond and trow something(Whatever it doesn't matter) and the fairy should replenish one of your bottles whit green potion!

And get the magical boomerang.

After you get the Zora flippers, find the big waterfall in the light world. It should be near the area where you got the flippers. Once you see the waterfall walk right into it and you'll be able to go inside of it. Once your inside you'll see a pond and it will ask you to throw something in. Choose to throw your boomerang and it will trow you the magical boomerang!

Best friends:DekuDan13,Bingo675,Brian,-Yeto-,LinkdOOd110,Lules,Windy(\/\/ind \/\/aker),xXxMidnaxXx

"It hurts to love someone that doesn't love you...."/
Red's PokePet

Whizzer the level 74 Scyther!
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2007, 10:46 AM
Theorist of two sides
View Posts: 8,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeroLink_1 View Post
Do you know the secret of getting unlimited green potions?

Is very esay just go to a pond and trow something(Whatever it doesn't matter) and the fairy should replenish one of your bottles whit green potion!

And get the magical boomerang.

After you get the Zora flippers, find the big waterfall in the light world. It should be near the area where you got the flippers. Once you see the waterfall walk right into it and you'll be able to go inside of it. Once your inside you'll see a pond and it will ask you to throw something in. Choose to throw your boomerang and it will trow you the magical boomerang!
And if you throw your sheild in you'll get the fire sheild which is the sheild before the mirror sheild.

Sheild-Fire sheild

boomerang- Magic boomerang

Bottle-Magic potion

Sword (only in pyramid)-Upgraded sword

Arrows (Pyramid)-Silver arrows.

Best Theorist Fall 2007, Summer 2011 ; Most Devoted Theorist Summer 2010, Winter 2011, Summer 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnorv
You see, Pine, you and I - we're the superheroes of ZU.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Master Black Mage
Send a message via AIM to Master of ALttP
View Posts: 3,922

Go to the shooting gallery in the Dark World. Pay the man to play. Hit the same target with all five arrows. Instead of getting 64 Rupees on the fifth target, you'll get 99. It takes some time to get it right.
Leminnes made my sig. Mess with Lem and I'll cast Bolt-3 on you.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-26-2007, 07:04 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoL_ View Post
The Chris Houlihan room isn't only accessed that way. IIRC, it's accessed whenever you enter a room which the SNES hasn't had time to load up. This only happens if you cross through rooms faster than the computer can load. The method above is the easiest example of this I can think of, and can be done soon after you start at the sactuary - that's why everyone thinks of that way when accessing the Houlihan room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1link2links3 View Post
In fact,you are right there!But you are not timed,i dont think.
Although there's not a timer used, you have to do it in a certain amount of time (i.e. before the computer can naturally load the actual room) in order to access it, so what SoL_ was saying was indeed correct.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-26-2007, 08:09 AM
The Mikenyan
Send a message via Skype™ to MDK
View Posts: 1,511

To avoid the hassle of having to go to the Ice Cave for a Golden Bee every time you need one, here's what you do. Y'know the shop in the Village of Outcasts (Dark World Kakariko) where the shopkeeper refuses to sell you his 'rare' Golden Bee? Go get a Golden Bee from the Ice Cavern and bring it to his shop. Release it in front of him to make him realise that it's not that rare after all. Leave. Go back in. He will now sell Golden Bees for the rest of the game, for about 88 Rupees, I believe.

EDIT: To get the Golden Master Sword, the most powerful weapon in the game next to the one-hit kill Silver Arrow, you'll first need to temper the Master Sword. Here's how to do it. Once you have obtained the Titan's Mitt from inside Thief Town, head out the southern exit of the Village of Outcasts, and go left to find a red toadish looking fellow behind a row of black boulders. Toss them aside and talk to him to learn that he is the Dwarven Smith's partner. Once he's following you, use the Mirror to return to the Light World, after which your new friend will return to his old bearded self. Take him back to the Smithy. Leave. Go back in, and ask them to temper your sword. Leave. Run around town for a bit. Use this opportunity to go nuts with your arsenal of assorted weaponry. Head back after a few minutes. Your sword will have been perfectly tempered. Then just take it to the same Great Fairy who gave you the Silver Arrow to have have your Tempered Master Sword blessed with Golden Power, thus becoming the mighty Golden Master Sword! Then wreak havoc like nobody's business!
Last Edited by MDK; 02-26-2007 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-26-2007, 08:23 AM
MASSIVE E-PEEN

View Posts: 9,172

Yep that is a helpful tip, i make sure i use that everytime. Always worth having one of thoes bees with you.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-28-2007, 03:49 PM
Game Guru
View Posts: 183

Has anyone ever wondered what they do w/ the Treasure Chest that you find in the Dark World (Black Smiths House)? if not then here's what you do...

Step 1: get the Treasure Chest.
Step 2: goto Light World w/ it.
Step 3: goto the Man near the Desert (one w/ the sign)
Step 4: approach him and he'll automatically talk to you.
Step 5: Agree that you can keep his secret.
Step 6: he opens the chest and you get a bottle.

^('-'<) Sonic & Shadow Forums (Homepage) ^('-'<) It's Clickable

Join Talk Zelda Today! (Click Here!)
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-20-2007, 09:42 AM
HAPPY TUF PIC DAY!!!!!!! IN SOME REALITIESSSSS!!@@@@@!@!!! !!@!!!!!!@@@@@@@
View Posts: 1,526

Does anyone know how to access that bombable wall platform in Ganon's Tower on Death Mountain Dark World where you cant walk to it or hookshot to it? I don't remember which floor, the room starts with you at the bottom left, you walk north a bit then walk east for a while (there may be some eye lasers) and you can walk up to the next room or floor, but instead of going there, look south and there is a platform with a crack in the wall, but a gap in the floor separates you from getting there.
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-20-2007, 10:52 AM
Sage of Wisdom
Send a message via Skype™ to ERROR372
View Posts: 1,499

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenYears View Post
Does anyone know how to access that bombable wall platform in Ganon's Tower on Death Mountain Dark World where you cant walk to it or hookshot to it? I don't remember which floor, the room starts with you at the bottom left, you walk north a bit then walk east for a while (there may be some eye lasers) and you can walk up to the next room or floor, but instead of going there, look south and there is a platform with a crack in the wall, but a gap in the floor separates you from getting there.
I know where you are. You are on the third floor correct? You are at the end where there are steps to go to the 4th floor correct? There are two blocks that would seem to hookshot on, to get back across. Well the blocks serve two purposes, returning and entering. Position yourself facing the block and ram into it with the pegasus boots. You will be sent back by the collision, and land on the platform. Now place a bomb on the wall. Inside are two fairies, a bomb stock underneath a skull, and a bottle of magic under a skull. Hookshot to the blocks to get out.

Hope this helped.

Hosting a vanilla server at: direct.kylemc.net
Dynmap at: kylemc.net/map

Tags
alttp, list, secrets