Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#761 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-02-2008, 12:08 AM
MajorasWrath1 MajorasWrath1 is a male United States MajorasWrath1 is offline
Sage of Shadows
Send a message via ICQ to MajorasWrath1 Send a message via AIM to MajorasWrath1 Send a message via Yahoo to MajorasWrath1 Send a message via Skype™ to MajorasWrath1
View Posts: 1,934
Re: Stone Tower of Babel: Why Termina was Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Skull_Kid View Post
Well if you think this is a pointless theory, why did you even post? Just stay out of it if you don't believe it, your lack of imagination doesn't need to ruin our ideas, go rain on your own parade.
Threads are for debate, not mindless support. If you don't want anyone to disagree with you, don't post.
Last Edited by MajorasWrath1; 04-02-2008 at 12:36 AM. Reason:
  #762 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-02-2008, 12:52 AM
Banned User
Send a message via Skype™ to Ŧҽҽᶄɑƴ
View Posts: 20,843

Quote:
Well if you think this is a pointless theory, why did you even post? Just stay out of it if you don't believe it, your lack of imagination doesn't need to ruin our ideas, go rain on your own parade.
Uh, as MajorasWrath1 said, these threads are MEANT for debates. The wasnt only for people who agree with it.
It's not that i have a "lack of imagination" as you put it, but rather the maker of this theory had too much of one.(IMO)

I would go into detail right now about all the reasons I dont believe in this theory, but at this moment I'm actually making one of myself(and you say I have a lack of imagination).
But when I saw that post...I just had to say something.
Last Edited by Ŧҽҽᶄɑƴ; 04-02-2008 at 04:08 PM. Reason:
  #763 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Sheikah
View Posts: 540

Quote:
Yeah,we should be free to post our own opinion here,not just agree to things.
I'm anemic, royalty.

My Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MDS13MDS

Contains a Zelda 2 AoL walkthrough and an OoT 3-Heart walkthrough. Check it out.
  #764 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-02-2008, 04:29 PM
ZeldaStrife ZeldaStrife is a female United States ZeldaStrife is offline
Lady of the Court of Hyrule
Send a message via Skype™ to ZeldaStrife
View Posts: 642

Quote:
Originally Posted by God of Twilight View Post
It's not that i have a "lack of imagination" as you put it, but rather the maker of this theory had too much of one.(IMO)
whats wrong with an active imagination? imagination is what spawns everything in this world. Movies, music, video games, books, everything in the room you are currently in was spawned by someone's imagination. if you say that people with active imaginations shouldnt act on their ideas, then Zelda might not have ever existed.

Signature: http://kaitokakushin.deviantart.com/
"Power is nothing when it is not tempered with wisdom and backed with courage."
--Hyrulean proverb

#765 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaStrife View Post
whats wrong with an active imagination? imagination is what spawns everything in this world. Movies, music, video games, books, everything in the room you are currently in was spawned by someone's imagination. if you say that people with active imaginations shouldnt act on their ideas, then Zelda might not have ever existed.
I never said "An active imagination is wrong." I never even said the term "active imagination." I said the maker had too much of one, In My Opinion.

I've already stated why. Most of it was complete speculation.
So dont put words in my mouth
  #766 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-02-2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:
I never said "An active imagination is wrong." I never even said the term "active imagination." I said the maker had too much of one, In My Opinion.

I've already stated why. Most of it was complete speculation.
So dont put words in my mouth
i dont think there is such a thing as too much of an imagination.

alright, i suppose i could have phrased what i said better.

let's just agree to disagree, and get back to the topic at hand...

--Hyrulean proverb

#767 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-02-2008, 08:24 PM
Sage of Shadows
Send a message via ICQ to MajorasWrath1 Send a message via AIM to MajorasWrath1 Send a message via Yahoo to MajorasWrath1 Send a message via Skype™ to MajorasWrath1

You guys aren't talking about the same thing. "Too much imagination" doesn't literally mean that, it means that someone isn't able to separate fantasy from reality. Imagination is always a good thing, it's just that theories are supposed to be grounded on fact instead of fiction.
  #768 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-03-2008, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorasWrath1 View Post
You guys aren't talking about the same thing. "Too much imagination" doesn't literally mean that, it means that someone isn't able to separate fantasy from reality. Imagination is always a good thing, it's just that theories are supposed to be grounded on fact instead of fiction.
touche. you prove a point.

--Hyrulean proverb

#769 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-03-2008, 04:51 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Thank you. That pretty much summed up my point.
  #770 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-03-2008, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Thank you. That pretty much summed up my point.
truce? i dont like ending on bad terms with ppl

--Hyrulean proverb

#771 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-03-2008, 06:57 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaStrife View Post
truce? i dont like ending on bad terms with ppl
Truce for what?
We were debating. Just because I didnt agree with you on this topic doesnt mean I hate you as a person.
Why make a truce when there's no war?
  #772 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-03-2008, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Truce for what?
We were debating. Just because I didnt agree with you on this topic doesnt mean I hate you as a person.
Why make a truce when there's no war?
o...kay, then. anyway, back to topic.

--Hyrulean proverb

#773 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-06-2008, 08:15 PM
Ram the Blade Ship.
Steam ID: Dvernon

View Posts: 2,203

The original post is dated. It's not very well-written and we've since thrown out some of the ideas presented in it, such as the fifth giant thing. I'm in the process of rewriting the theory.

This theory originated when I noticed that the pillar and the pointing hand seemed to be telling the heavens to F off. The ominous architecture seemed to hint that there was some hidden deeper meaning, so I investigated it. I was familiar with the Babel story so I noticed some similarities. I googled the terms to see if anyone else on the internet had made the same connection. Someone made a remix called "Building the Stone Tower of Babel" a long time ago, but that's no longer online as far as I can tell. A thread in the IGN boards also connected the Stone Tower with the Tower of Babel, so I glanced through a few posts there. They had posted the idea that the Tower might have led to Hell when it was reversed, and Majora might have come from that Hell. I further investigated those ideas and found that there was indeed evidence for them, and they fit with the blasphemy in the Tower I had noticed the night before. A bunch of cryptic ideas came together and fit very well, and so I created this thread. The people at IGN had also proposed the idea of a fifth giant, so I mentioned that here so that we could further research and evaluate the idea.

Anyways, I'm hoping to finish writing the new, better article tonight, unless it turns out to be extremely time-consuming. Afterwards I'll polish and revise it, and probably work some images into it. Hopefully it will appear online in a few days. I want to get it done fairly soon.
  #774 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-07-2008, 04:50 AM
Spirit of Seasons
Send a message via AIM to Viral
View Posts: 1,657

Can't wait for the re-vamped theory!

I've been reading through some stuff on the net, and in some posts on these forums and others, trying to piece some stuff together. The whole 'F You' Godessess seems not quite Nintendo style, but on the other hand can be seen as quite apparent when looking at the way the tower was built/portraited.

The entire section about Heaven/Hell when the tower is flipped and the creation/sealing of Majoras Mask seems to be spot on, I 100% agree on that.

I'd like to see some more images that deal with the Images found in Stone Tower, yes, i know the first post had about 30 images, but they seemed to concentrate on the 'Majora' statue at entrence, and only 2 or three concerning the various images found within the 'Temple'.

Check out ZeldaInformer.

Bombers Articles: (Zelda Theorising)
The Master Sword Exposed (out of date due to SS, some images missing)
The Oocca: Engineers of Hyrule
The Great War of Ikana
The Mysteries of Malladus: The Demon King's Story

I'll be updating some articles and providing new content at Zelda Informer over December/January (2011/2012)

#775 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-07-2008, 07:47 AM
Sage of Shadows

The hand is pointing to the sky for a much more obvious reason. The temple already is linked to the sky in the game, Link goes through a portal to the sky to fight the boss. The system of inverting the temple to jump into the sky is the entire purpose of the temple, so this sky realm Link travels to is clearly a much more likely reason for having the hand point to the sky.

The stone blocks Link jumps across also have a much more obvious in-game significance that seems to be ignored here. Each stone block is controlled by a switch. Link needs to activate each switch by placing an empty body of himself on that switch. Each stone therefore depicts an empty stone body. The triforce is on the bottom so that when the temple is inverted by the holder of the light arrows, the holder can step across those three triforces to reach the inverted temple. The light arrow is a gift of the goddesses and the triforce a symbol of their power and their messenger.
  #776 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Sheikah
View Posts: 540

Quote:
The hand is pointing to the sky for a much more obvious reason. The temple already is linked to the sky in the game, Link goes through a portal to the sky to fight the boss. The system of inverting the temple to jump into the sky is the entire purpose of the temple, so this sky realm Link travels to is clearly a much more likely reason for having the hand point to the sky.

The stone blocks Link jumps across also have a much more obvious in-game significance that seems to be ignored here. Each stone block is controlled by a switch. Link needs to activate each switch by placing an empty body of himself on that switch. Each stone therefore depicts an empty stone body. The triforce is on the bottom so that when the temple is inverted by the holder of the light arrows, the holder can step across those three triforces to reach the inverted temple. The light arrow is a gift of the goddesses and the triforce a symbol of their power and their messenger.
Good point about the hand,but I don't see much about the blocks
I'm anemic, royalty.

My Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MDS13MDS

Contains a Zelda 2 AoL walkthrough and an OoT 3-Heart walkthrough. Check it out.
  #777 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 10

Oh My God!!!
I can't Belive That!!!!
That's A interesting Theory...
Woah!!! My Mouth is Open!!!!!!!!
Thanks a Lot For The Article...
I never Think That....
The Stone tower is so Misterious, So Mithical, And so beautifull!!!
Yee-Hee-Hee....

P.D: I never Think in The Majora's Mask in That Strange Face Inverted!!!

(Perdonen si mi ingles raro los confunde... jejeje Me inspire)

The Life Is an Elegy Withou Soul...That's The elegy of the Emptiness...
Wisdom In Ikana... Please Take me to the Light...

"Oh Insolent one
Who Has Brought The Unthinkable
Into A Land
As Dark As Ikana...
My servants Have fallen Namelessly
Before The Light That Guides You.
However...
You Shall see With Your Own Eyes...

....Ikana Hyme.... Beyond The eyes Of The Truth....

......Garo Master.....
  #778 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Banned User

*rolls eyes deeply into head*
  #779 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-12-2008, 07:47 PM
peanutbutterman peanutbutterman is a male United States peanutbutterman is offline
Foosball Champion
View Posts: 2,083

Dude thats the most awesome videogame theroy I have ever heard. Good job.
  #780 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-12-2008, 09:49 PM
Send a message via AIM to nerpers
Steam ID: nerpers
View Posts: 374
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylian Dan View Post
The original post is dated. It's not very well-written and we've since thrown out some of the ideas presented in it, such as the fifth giant thing. I'm in the process of rewriting the theory.

This theory originated when I noticed that the pillar and the pointing hand seemed to be telling the heavens to F off. The ominous architecture seemed to hint that there was some hidden deeper meaning, so I investigated it. I was familiar with the Babel story so I noticed some similarities. I googled the terms to see if anyone else on the internet had made the same connection. Someone made a remix called "Building the Stone Tower of Babel" a long time ago, but that's no longer online as far as I can tell. A thread in the IGN boards also connected the Stone Tower with the Tower of Babel, so I glanced through a few posts there. They had posted the idea that the Tower might have led to Hell when it was reversed, and Majora might have come from that Hell. I further investigated those ideas and found that there was indeed evidence for them, and they fit with the blasphemy in the Tower I had noticed the night before. A bunch of cryptic ideas came together and fit very well, and so I created this thread. The people at IGN had also proposed the idea of a fifth giant, so I mentioned that here so that we could further research and evaluate the idea.

Anyways, I'm hoping to finish writing the new, better article tonight, unless it turns out to be extremely time-consuming. Afterwards I'll polish and revise it, and probably work some images into it. Hopefully it will appear online in a few days. I want to get it done fairly soon.
cheers: Yay!

Tags
babel, doomed, stone, termina, tower