Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #741 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-28-2008, 09:54 AM
DETHSHADO DETHSHADO is a male United_States DETHSHADO is offline
Sheikah
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Milk Bar
View Posts: 540
Re: Stone Tower of Babel: Why Termina was Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaStrife View Post
why do you think that? They put religious themes in amime all the time. In fact, when they bring it over here, they censor it--thanks to 4Kids and DiC, the bastards. sorry, pardon my French; i just dont approve much of defacing someone's artwork.
Sorry,I worded that wrong.As for which theory I support,I think a lot of Dan's theory is correct(the portal,the hand,etc).I just had a hard time believing Nintendo would put phallus images in a Zelda game.Majoraswrath1's theory is also somewhat correct to me,I don't think the statues are mocking the goddeses,but his theory is also basically insulting Dan's at the end of each paragraph.Dan's theory is bigger,older,and has more evidence so I support Dan's theory.
__________________
Sit and drink Pennyroyal Tea
Distill the life thats inside of me.
Sit and drink Pennyroyal Tea.
I'm anemic, royalty.




My Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MDS13MDS

Contains a Zelda 2 AoL walkthrough and an OoT 3-Heart walkthrough. Check it out.
  #742 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-28-2008, 02:31 PM
MajorasWrath1 MajorasWrath1 is a male United States MajorasWrath1 is offline
Sage of Shadows
Send a message via ICQ to MajorasWrath1 Send a message via AIM to MajorasWrath1 Send a message via Yahoo to MajorasWrath1 Send a message via Skype™ to MajorasWrath1
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ancient Castle of Ikana
View Posts: 1,934
Re: Stone Tower of Babel: Why Termina was Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDS13 View Post
Majoraswrath1's theory is also somewhat correct to me,I don't think the statues are mocking the goddeses,but his theory is also basically insulting Dan's at the end of each paragraph.Dan's theory is bigger,older,and has more evidence so I support Dan's theory.
I didn't mean to sound that way. I don't think Dan would anyone supporting his theory only because of its age, or only because of the number of people who've found it fascinating and commented on it. I was trying to show that while many people consider Dan's theory to have alot of evidence going for it, I believe there is actually alot of evidence against it, and that most of the evidence is very circumstancial. I believe those are valid points to bring up. We're trying to find the actual answer to things, not the most exciting or novel answer. That's the way I see it, and although I believe the stone tower of babel theory is incorrect, I'm confident that there's a 75% chance my theory is wrong or at least partially wrong as well, because MM's clues are so vague. However, I believe my theory has a grain of truth behind it, backed more by quotes than by personal interpretations of artwork, and I believe that if parts of it are shown to be in error, other parts may prove correct, and as discussion develops something closer to the truth may be built off of it.
__________________
Belief or disbelief rests with you. To die without leaving a corpse... that is the way of us Garo
________________________________________
  #743 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-28-2008, 02:40 PM
DETHSHADO DETHSHADO is a male United_States DETHSHADO is offline
Sheikah
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Milk Bar
View Posts: 540
Re: Stone Tower of Babel: Why Termina was Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorasWrath1 View Post
I didn't mean to sound that way. I don't think Dan would anyone supporting his theory only because of its age, or only because of the number of people who've found it fascinating and commented on it. I was trying to show that while many people consider Dan's theory to have alot of evidence going for it, I believe there is actually alot of evidence against it, and that most of the evidence is very circumstancial. I believe those are valid points to bring up. We're trying to find the actual answer to things, not the most exciting or novel answer. That's the way I see it, and although I believe the stone tower of babel theory is incorrect, I'm confident that there's a 75% chance my theory is wrong or at least partially wrong as well, because MM's clues are so vague. However, I believe my theory has a grain of truth behind it, backed more by quotes than by personal interpretations of artwork, and I believe that if parts of it are shown to be in error, other parts may prove correct, and as discussion develops something closer to the truth may be built off of it.
Your theory is definitly more believable.His just has a lot of evidence so I chose his because there is a lot to study.We need to find out what is correct in both theories and by insulting I meant all your evidenc wrecks his (I guess I should have made that more clear).But I'm just glad we can find theories for this mysterious game
__________________
Sit and drink Pennyroyal Tea
Distill the life thats inside of me.
Sit and drink Pennyroyal Tea.
I'm anemic, royalty.




My Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MDS13MDS

Contains a Zelda 2 AoL walkthrough and an OoT 3-Heart walkthrough. Check it out.
  #744 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-28-2008, 02:44 PM
MajorasWrath1 MajorasWrath1 is a male United States MajorasWrath1 is offline
Sage of Shadows
Send a message via ICQ to MajorasWrath1 Send a message via AIM to MajorasWrath1 Send a message via Yahoo to MajorasWrath1 Send a message via Skype™ to MajorasWrath1
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ancient Castle of Ikana
View Posts: 1,934
Re: Stone Tower of Babel: Why Termina was Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDS13 View Post
But I'm just glad we can find theories for this mysterious game
Me too
__________________
Belief or disbelief rests with you. To die without leaving a corpse... that is the way of us Garo
________________________________________
  #745 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-28-2008, 05:15 PM
Apollo Apollo is a male United States Apollo is offline
galloping abs
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New England
View Posts: 7,797
Re: Stone Tower of Babel: Why Termina was Doomed

Dan has a book of evidence and you have just a normal theory you should make a newthread if you want to dicuss your theory
__________________


Sig by Caleb
  #746 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Kamiks Kamiks is offline
Gerudo Thief
Join Date: Mar 2007
View Posts: 133
Re: Stone Tower of Babel: Why Termina was Doomed

A thing I want to ask you MajorasWrath (and I'm not saying you're wrong, but I just find this a little unlikely) is how the Stone Tower was built by the Garo's...
I mean, they're from an enemy nation sent to spy on the Ikanians. If the Garo base was the stone tower, they could just peak out of a window to see the Ikanians and what they're doing, and would hardly need spies. Neither would allow the other one to built their base beside them if they were at war either. I can't see the Stone Tower nor Ikana Castle to have been built in less than years (certainly not the Tower), one must've been first, and I doubt any of them would allow the other to finish their work.

Just something I've thought about, though maybe you have too, and have the answer.
__________________
  #747 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-28-2008, 06:17 PM
MajorasWrath1 MajorasWrath1 is a male United States MajorasWrath1 is offline
Sage of Shadows
Send a message via ICQ to MajorasWrath1 Send a message via AIM to MajorasWrath1 Send a message via Yahoo to MajorasWrath1 Send a message via Skype™ to MajorasWrath1
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ancient Castle of Ikana
View Posts: 1,934
Re: Stone Tower of Babel: Why Termina was Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamiks View Post
A thing I want to ask you MajorasWrath (and I'm not saying you're wrong, but I just find this a little unlikely) is how the Stone Tower was built by the Garo's...
I mean, they're from an enemy nation sent to spy on the Ikanians. If the Garo base was the stone tower, they could just peak out of a window to see the Ikanians and what they're doing, and would hardly need spies. Neither would allow the other one to built their base beside them if they were at war either. I can't see the Stone Tower nor Ikana Castle to have been built in less than years (certainly not the Tower), one must've been first, and I doubt any of them would allow the other to finish their work.

Just something I've thought about, though maybe you have too, and have the answer.
It doesn't have to have been the Garo, but it probably wasn't the Ikana, because of what the king said, and the different designs (if you want to count that). The Garo could have been working for Stone Tower's original owners, instead of being one and the same. The castle and tower are pretty close together in the game but I imagine in the real storyline of Termina they would be further apart, just as in the real Termina it would probably take Link more than 5 minutes to walk across the entire map.
__________________
Belief or disbelief rests with you. To die without leaving a corpse... that is the way of us Garo
________________________________________
  #748 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-28-2008, 06:30 PM
DETHSHADO DETHSHADO is a male United_States DETHSHADO is offline
Sheikah
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Milk Bar
View Posts: 540
Re: Stone Tower of Babel: Why Termina was Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamiks View Post
A thing I want to ask you MajorasWrath (and I'm not saying you're wrong, but I just find this a little unlikely) is how the Stone Tower was built by the Garo's...
I mean, they're from an enemy nation sent to spy on the Ikanians. If the Garo base was the stone tower, they could just peak out of a window to see the Ikanians and what they're doing, and would hardly need spies. Neither would allow the other one to built their base beside them if they were at war either. I can't see the Stone Tower nor Ikana Castle to have been built in less than years (certainly not the Tower), one must've been first, and I doubt any of them would allow the other to finish their work.

Just something I've thought about, though maybe you have too, and have the answer.
What I think is that maybe the Garo's are the Ikanans.Maybe they are spying because their nation has went to ruin and they are searching for the one responsible.What else would they be spying on?The Garo Master knew a lot about the stone tower and how to invert it.

When I get more evidence,I will expand on this.
__________________
Sit and drink Pennyroyal Tea
Distill the life thats inside of me.
Sit and drink Pennyroyal Tea.
I'm anemic, royalty.




My Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MDS13MDS

Contains a Zelda 2 AoL walkthrough and an OoT 3-Heart walkthrough. Check it out.
  #749 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Kamiks Kamiks is offline
Gerudo Thief
Join Date: Mar 2007
View Posts: 133
Re: Stone Tower of Babel: Why Termina was Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorasWrath1 View Post
It doesn't have to have been the Garo, but it probably wasn't the Ikana, because of what the king said, and the different designs (if you want to count that). The Garo could have been working for Stone Tower's original owners, instead of being one and the same. The castle and tower are pretty close together in the game but I imagine in the real storyline of Termina they would be further apart, just as in the real Termina it would probably take Link more than 5 minutes to walk across the entire map.

Yeah I guess that could be possible. Any more clues to the original creators of the Stone Tower is the key to future theories imo.
__________________
  #750 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-29-2008, 09:51 AM
DETHSHADO DETHSHADO is a male United_States DETHSHADO is offline
Sheikah
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Milk Bar
View Posts: 540
Re: Stone Tower of Babel: Why Termina was Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDS13 View Post
What I think is that maybe the Garo's are the Ikanans.Maybe they are spying because their nation has went to ruin and they are searching for the one responsible.What else would they be spying on?The Garo Master knew a lot about the stone tower and how to invert it.

When I get more evidence,I will expand on this.
This is from a GameFaqs text dump-this is all of the Garos text:

What are you???

R-regrettable...
Although my rival, you were
spectacular.

I shall take my bow by opening my
heart and revealing my wisdom...

Belief or disbelief rests with you.

To die without leaving a corpse...
That is the way of us Garo.

To cross the valley of Ikana, aim
at the river beasts with the
arrowhead that freezes.

The soul of the composer named
Flat rests in Ikana Graveyard.
I have heard his brother, Sharp is
here in Ikana.

That which was acquired in Ikana
Castle shall open the way to
Stone Tower. That is all I know.

Atop the hill here in Ikana, no
human presence is felt, except
that of the parent and child living
in the house with the waterwheel.

Every two minutes on every day,
the girl who lives in the music
box house goes to the dried well
to check on something.
But as long as the spirits are
wandering outside her house, she
dares not leave her home.

To revive the dried-up river on
Ikana hill, you must go to the
spring water cave.

If one tries to enter the spring
water cave without knowing the
song buried in a grave, that poor
visitor shall meet with disaster.

To save the cursed human, his
soul must be healed.

The well atop the hill and the well
at Ikana Castle's inner garden are
one.

As the Gibdos in Ikana's well have
regrets and long to savor items
from this world, they continue to
wander about.

Most of that which the Gibdos
regret can be found inside the
well itself.

The ReDeads in Ikana were once
members of the castle's dancing
troupe...

A hole can be opened in the
ceiling of a particular room in
Ikana Castle.

But it cannot be broken without
an explosive with incredible might.

In entering Ikana Castle, there is
another secret route apart from
the well entrance.

To counter the rage of the King
of Ikana Castle, burn away that
which disrupts the light and shine
the sacred rays on the King.

To think I could be defeated...
Although my rival, you were
spectacular.

I shall take my bow by opening my
heart and revealing my wisdom...

If you shoot that which releases
the sacred golden light into the
blood-stained, red emblem outside
the temple...
it shall rearrange things, in which
the earth is born in the heavens
and the moon is born on the
earth.

Do not forget these words...
Die I shall, leaving no corpse.

That is the law of us Garo.


As it shows,the Garos know a lot of the Ikana castle, including that redeads were a dancing troupe'.....perhaps they worked for the garo's as entertainment.At this point,we don't know at all what Garo's look like,perhaps they cloak themselves to hide from the gods.
__________________
Sit and drink Pennyroyal Tea
Distill the life thats inside of me.
Sit and drink Pennyroyal Tea.
I'm anemic, royalty.




My Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MDS13MDS

Contains a Zelda 2 AoL walkthrough and an OoT 3-Heart walkthrough. Check it out.
  #751 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-29-2008, 11:31 AM
King Kay King Kay is a male United States King Kay is offline
♫ It's the end of the world as we know it! ♫
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Alpoko
View Posts: 9,440
Re: Stone Tower of Babel: Why Termina was Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDS13 View Post
As it shows,the Garos know a lot of the Ikana castle, including that redeads were a dancing troupe'.....perhaps they worked for the garo's as entertainment.At this point,we don't know at all what Garo's look like,perhaps they cloak themselves to hide from the gods.
In-game evidence clearly proves that the Garo (Ninjas, anyone?) spied on the Ikana, and were presumed to be mortal enemies. If they were as good spies as they appear to be, then chances are, they know a lot about the Ikana.

And besides, I doubt a tribe of proud, invisible Ninjas that die without leaving a corpse were petty entertainers.
  #752 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-29-2008, 11:48 AM
DETHSHADO DETHSHADO is a male United_States DETHSHADO is offline
Sheikah
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Milk Bar
View Posts: 540
Re: Stone Tower of Babel: Why Termina was Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelmarocKing View Post
In-game evidence clearly proves that the Garo (Ninjas, anyone?) spied on the Ikana, and were presumed to be mortal enemies. If they were as good spies as they appear to be, then chances are, they know a lot about the Ikana.

And besides, I doubt a tribe of proud, invisible Ninjas that die without leaving a corpse were petty entertainers.
The redeads were the entertainers,and show me some evidence that proves this wrong.
__________________
Sit and drink Pennyroyal Tea
Distill the life thats inside of me.
Sit and drink Pennyroyal Tea.
I'm anemic, royalty.




My Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MDS13MDS

Contains a Zelda 2 AoL walkthrough and an OoT 3-Heart walkthrough. Check it out.
  #753 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Average Gamer Average Gamer is offline
Hyrule defend itself? HAHAHAHA!
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Haunted Wasteland
View Posts: 4,595
Re: Stone Tower of Babel: Why Termina was Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDS13
The redeads were the entertainers,and show me some evidence that proves this wrong.
The ReDeads only became "guards" after they died and became ReDeads. Before that, they were merely dancers. The Garo, on the other hand, were spies and enemies in life. Also, Pamela's father tells you that the Garo came from a distant land to spy on and attack Ikana.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintin O Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcvalons
Vaati is the oldest villain in the Zelda chronology, and the oldest are always the most powerful.
Man, I've disproved this point every time I've dropped by the old folk's home.

I... I'm not allowed there any more.
  #754 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-29-2008, 07:58 PM
DETHSHADO DETHSHADO is a male United_States DETHSHADO is offline
Sheikah
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Milk Bar
View Posts: 540
Re: Stone Tower of Babel: Why Termina was Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Gamer View Post
The ReDeads only became "guards" after they died and became ReDeads. Before that, they were merely dancers. The Garo, on the other hand, were spies and enemies in life. Also, Pamela's father tells you that the Garo came from a distant land to spy on and attack Ikana.
Quote:
The ReDeads in Ikana were once
members of the castle's dancing
troupe...
Dancer entertainer same thing.And pamelas dad only was alive for so long,as oppose to the Garo's with their whole race of warriors.This has happened long before he was even thought of.
__________________
Sit and drink Pennyroyal Tea
Distill the life thats inside of me.
Sit and drink Pennyroyal Tea.
I'm anemic, royalty.




My Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MDS13MDS

Contains a Zelda 2 AoL walkthrough and an OoT 3-Heart walkthrough. Check it out.
  #755 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2008, 12:47 PM
lozfreak United_States lozfreak is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: on my desk chair seriosly
View Posts: 3
Re: Stone Tower of Babel: Why Termina was Doomed

when i first found out that the redeads danced if i put on a the garo mask i think it was i was laughing hastaricly. then when i saw it lolololololololol.
__________________
games beaten: loz la oot mm tp
games working on: aol
  #756 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2008, 01:15 PM
MyTeamLevel100 MyTeamLevel100 is a male England MyTeamLevel100 is offline
Zora Warrior
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: England
View Posts: 388
Re: Stone Tower of Babel: Why Termina was Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozfreak View Post
when i first found out that the redeads danced if i put on a the garo mask i think it was i was laughing hastaricly. then when i saw it lolololololololol.
Oh yeah the balley haha
__________________
Yeah Zelda is good
  #757 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2008, 04:53 PM
DETHSHADO DETHSHADO is a male United_States DETHSHADO is offline
Sheikah
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Milk Bar
View Posts: 540
Re: Stone Tower of Babel: Why Termina was Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozfreak View Post
when i first found out that the redeads danced if i put on a the garo mask i think it was i was laughing hastaricly. then when i saw it lolololololololol.
Personally,it made me more scared of them,and emotionally scarred for life
__________________
Sit and drink Pennyroyal Tea
Distill the life thats inside of me.
Sit and drink Pennyroyal Tea.
I'm anemic, royalty.




My Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MDS13MDS

Contains a Zelda 2 AoL walkthrough and an OoT 3-Heart walkthrough. Check it out.
  #758 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-01-2008, 01:47 AM
Average Gamer Average Gamer is offline
Hyrule defend itself? HAHAHAHA!
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Haunted Wasteland
View Posts: 4,595
Re: Stone Tower of Babel: Why Termina was Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDS13
Dancer entertainer same thing.
Yet they only took on their "guard" role after death. Therefore, comparing them in life to the Garo is flawed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDS13
And pamelas dad only was alive for so long,as oppose to the Garo's with their whole race of warriors.This has happened long before he was even thought of.
Pamela's Dad is researching the area. He knows more than any other character, and there is no reason to doubt him. His comments about the Garo are not his opinions; they're facts.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintin O Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcvalons
Vaati is the oldest villain in the Zelda chronology, and the oldest are always the most powerful.
Man, I've disproved this point every time I've dropped by the old folk's home.

I... I'm not allowed there any more.
  #759 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-01-2008, 03:12 AM
Ŧҽҽᶄɑƴ Ŧҽҽᶄɑƴ is a male United Kingdom Ŧҽҽᶄɑƴ is offline
Banned User
Send a message via Skype™ to Ŧҽҽᶄɑƴ
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Island
View Posts: 20,843
Re: Stone Tower of Babel: Why Termina was Doomed

I've never posted in here before, but I've been dying to.

Here's my thoughts in a nut shell:
- The Stone Tower of Babel theory is not true. It is mere speculation, based off of vague symbols and designs placed throughout Stone Tower and Ikana Canyon. There's no in-game quotes that support it, and if any were used in this thread their meanings were probably twisted to fit the point of the theory. I think the maker of the thread was being WAY to nit-picky about things, and seeing things that just were never there. I mean, come on. A tower built by the people of Termina, used to show their blasphemy towards the Goddesses of Hyrule?

??

I'm sorry, but this was an utter waste of time. (I'm sorry if I sound rude. I'm tired) OH, and the part about a fifth giant...dont even go there.
Last Edited by Ŧҽҽᶄɑƴ; 04-01-2008 at 03:19 AM. Reason:
  #760 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-01-2008, 11:37 PM
The_Skull_Kid The_Skull_Kid is offline
Skull Kid
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Lost Woods
View Posts: 206
Re: Stone Tower of Babel: Why Termina was Doomed

Well if you think this is a pointless theory, why did you even post? Just stay out of it if you don't believe it, your lack of imagination doesn't need to ruin our ideas, go rain on your own parade.
__________________
Follow along with my song, I'll lead you into it.

Closed Thread

Tags
babel, doomed, stone, termina, tower


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 PM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -