Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-12-2006, 07:47 AM
Goron
View Posts: 219
If Termina and Hyrule are 'Parallel' what rules does this theory follow?

Other than the characters looking the same and sharing names there isn't really a lot of consistency when it comes to the world being parallel.

Take for example Malon. In Hyrule when she is the age that she is in Termina she lives on a farm with her father and her relationship with him is not only stable but so is the farm.

In termina she is being rasied by her sister and it is not really known what happened to the Parents, except that this situation is obviously a lot less stable than if she had a father and the farm isn't doing well at all. The name and model may be the same. The character isn't.

The same could be said about the Gorons... an individual from their world (Hyrule Gorons) has interfered with them and upset the balance of their world so that they are all starving and are later being kidnapped to be eaten.

In termina an individual from another world prolonges the winter that they have to endure every year preventing a normally prosperous civilisation. Before Skull Kid crossed dimensions they lived a successful life. No one crossed Dimensions for the Hyrule Gorons and from what we have seen of them over a 7 year period in OoT they have been extremely troubled.

Another example would be Talon, he has nothing in common with Talon in OoT aside from selling milk his circumstances are completely different.

Termina is neither Parallel or Opposite with Hyrule. Maybe it has something to do with Reincarnation... Link is seemingly the same spirit of the charcter in different people through out different periods of time - Anju's Grandmother says that Hyrule is above Termina and reffers to it as 'The heavens'.

Maybe when Link entered termina he didn't just travel physically, he traveled back through time as well and saw the first incarnation of these people before their spirits traveled to Hyrule.

Given that Link can seemingly reappear over the life cycle of that of an average Hylian I don't think its absurd to see that other characters in Zelda's spririts may also travel through time and space. I think that Link's spirit is special though, he appears when fate decides it is time for a hero.

I suspect that termina has an underworld in the same way that Termina is Hyrules underworld. I don't think that their are worlds above the Hyrule other than the sacred realm, not worlds in the same sense as Hyrule and Termina at least... there is no evidence of any one other than Link in Hyrule dieing and being reincarnated so who knows what happens when you die in Hyrule
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-12-2006, 10:59 AM
Goron
View Posts: 202
Re: If Termina and Hyrule are 'Parallel' what rules does this theory follow?

In the collector's edition manual, it describes Termina as a "parallel world" in the prologue. So there you have it.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-12-2006, 11:17 AM
cheeseuy crumpets
View Posts: 213

I think Termina is a parallel world in terms of it's beliefs and such.
Hyrule is a monarchy, Termina is more of a democracy.
Hyrule is more magical, Termina has much more advanced technology.
Hyrule believes in the Goddesses, Termina believes in the Giants. (Though I have to wonder why the image of the Triforce appears in Stone tower)
But then there's the people. Alot seem the same, but the biggest difference in character is Twinrova. Maybe the insanely evil people are changed, or maybe they're just not bitter because the Gerudo live in a thriving ocean rather than a dying desert.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-12-2006, 11:17 AM
Old Skool Zelda fan
View Posts: 1,184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo
In the collector's edition manual, it describes Termina as a "parallel world" in the prologue. So there you have it.
You're right, I never noticed that.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Goron

So basically its a case of some people are more Parralell than others?

||

^ that is parralel

|\

^ that is not.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-12-2006, 12:26 PM
God of Rauru's Return
Send a message via AIM to Archaic Sage Send a message via Yahoo to Archaic Sage
View Posts: 353

It's not a direct parallel, it's kind of a parallel world. As stated in the US manual, collector's edition, here.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-12-2006, 01:17 PM
cheeseuy crumpets
View Posts: 213

Hyrule isn't the whole world. Just because some characters never appeared doesn't mean they don't exist. The characters that exist in one world may not exist in the same time in the other.
For example you never meet Tingle in Hyrule and his first appearance is Majoras mask. Centuries after OoT you meet Tingle in WW, this is probably his Hyrule counterpart.
Another example? Gorman. You meet Gorman in TMC, it hasn't completely been proven where it fits in the timeline, but it sure doesn't take place during OoT.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-12-2006, 02:38 PM
(kee-SHE-ro DEE)
View Posts: 2,982

A Link to the Pasta, you do know I already made a thread about this right?

Kuroshiro Xorishik
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Goron
View Posts: 192

I said it like 100 times and I will say it again. THE TERMINA IS IN THE LOST WOODS. The Lost Woods probably has 1,000,000 universes in it. It probably leads to different parts of the world. The Termina is parellel and there the same people. The Majora's Mask took over a skull kid right (or some refer to him as Mido) he figured out he couldnt go out of the forest. Mido's fairy is red and Skull Kids is shadow like. Probably when he went into the forest (Mido) they both turned shadowy never to return. Skull Kid probably made the dimension or it was already there. He might have lured people in the Termina or when Ganondorf broke the seal but for some reason they all moved to the Termina except for the Kokori. It is parellel i think cause well the instruction manual says so.

Always free for an online game (most of the time).
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-12-2006, 03:25 PM
(kee-SHE-ro DEE)
View Posts: 2,982

Quote:
Originally Posted by A link too the pasta
Other than the characters looking the same and sharing names there isn't really a lot of consistency when it comes to the world being parallel.

Take for example Malon. In Hyrule when she is the age that she is in Termina she lives on a farm with her father and her relationship with him is not only stable but so is the farm.

In termina she is being rasied by her sister and it is not really known what happened to the Parents, except that this situation is obviously a lot less stable than if she had a father and the farm isn't doing well at all. The name and model may be the same. The character isn't.

The same could be said about the Gorons... an individual from their world (Hyrule Gorons) has interfered with them and upset the balance of their world so that they are all starving and are later being kidnapped to be eaten.

In termina an individual from another world prolonges the winter that they have to endure every year preventing a normally prosperous civilisation. Before Skull Kid crossed dimensions they lived a successful life. No one crossed Dimensions for the Hyrule Gorons and from what we have seen of them over a 7 year period in OoT they have been extremely troubled.

Another example would be Talon, he has nothing in common with Talon in OoT aside from selling milk his circumstances are completely different.

Termina is neither Parallel or Opposite with Hyrule. Maybe it has something to do with Reincarnation... Link is seemingly the same spirit of the charcter in different people through out different periods of time - Anju's Grandmother says that Hyrule is above Termina and reffers to it as 'The heavens'.

Maybe when Link entered termina he didn't just travel physically, he traveled back through time as well and saw the first incarnation of these people before their spirits traveled to Hyrule.

Given that Link can seemingly reappear over the life cycle of that of an average Hylian I don't think its absurd to see that other characters in Zelda's spririts may also travel through time and space. I think that Link's spirit is special though, he appears when fate decides it is time for a hero.

I suspect that termina has an underworld in the same way that Termina is Hyrules underworld. I don't think that their are worlds above the Hyrule other than the sacred realm, not worlds in the same sense as Hyrule and Termina at least... there is no evidence of any one other than Link in Hyrule dieing and being reincarnated so who knows what happens when you die in Hyrule
About this, one of the definitions for the word, parallel, is : compareable(sp?). Whixh mean even though they are different in what they do/act, Termina is still a parallel world. Another fact is when you talk to Anju's grandmother and she tells the story of the Giants and the skullkid, she talks of a heaven, she is obviously talking of Hyrule because of what you see in the beginning, you fall into a hole, and that's where Termina is. So Hyrule is the heaven to Termina.

Kuroshiro Xorishik
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-12-2006, 03:33 PM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,483

Hmmm... interesting. Well we never seen the Termina before the skull kid which means we never seen the Termina without evil in it's presence. Perhaps This can play an important role and not have the 2 worlds "parallel"? See where I'm going with this? I think it's safe to assume that at the time of the evil entering theTermina, Hyrule, at the moment is peaceful.

Played | Beaten |
LoZ | AoL |G&W | ZW | ALttP | LA | LADX | OoT | MQ | MM | OoA&OoS | ALttP&FS | TWW | FSA | TMC|TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT3D | FSAE | SS |TWWHD| ALBW
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-12-2006, 05:43 PM
Goron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate!
A Link to the Pasta, you do know I already made a thread about this right?
Unless it was the same word for word as mine I don't care... it would have to be a specific search I did to find it wouldn't it... finding individual theorys about Termina in here is like (to quote SPR) finding a needle in a stack of needles...
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2006, 08:32 AM
View Posts: 172

I hardly see how Hyrule and Termina are parrallel worlds. A more plausible theory is that Link travelled through 4 dimensions when he travelled in the portal that he fell into in the Lost Woods. He travelled though the 3 geographical dimensions that the Lost Woods usually does, by either sending you to a competely different part of the land (portals to Zora River and Death Mountain), or sending you backwards (one wrong step sends you back out where you entered). What could have been special about this portal is that it also sent you foward in time, taking advantage of the 4th dimension of time.

This explains why there are similar characters with similar names. They are the ancestors of the OoT characters. This also explains the advances in technology (notice the more industrialised town of Clocktown), political hierachy (Hyrule Royal Family replaced with a mayor), civilisation of races (tribal Deku scrubs into an emerging royalty), extinction of others (no more Kokiri), and other changes such as moving geographical locations and adapting to new religious orders. It appears to me that the 4 giants are merely the superlatives to sages, not only protecting temples, but protecting entire areas of land.

Not even sure what I think about my own theory, but it is a work in progress.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2006, 09:03 PM
Goron
View Posts: 134

your theory has a relavent point, however I believe your taking the parallel part to seriously when it says parallel I think it jsut means that the worlds exist at the same time, but in different dimensions or something along those lines. the fact the characters look the same are one thing, but you don't neccessarilly have to be perfectly equal in order to be parrallel.

Long story short, parrallel worlds, not parrallel people... But I do like your theory

As for the lost woods theory, I've come to the conclusion that its a mystical place that is actually a crossroad between dimensions, I also believe thats why people are "lost" in the lost woods, because they end up in other dimensions...
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2006, 09:14 PM
Cucco
Send a message via AIM to ZeldaXX3
View Posts: 666

They can't be parallel worlds. That would mean link would have to travel between galaxys. He doesn't do that. People are lost in the lost wood becaus ehave you ever traveled in them. If you take a wrong turn you end up at the beggining. That's why they're called the lost woods.

Crazy Amazing Sig/Avy by Ed6!

#16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2006, 11:46 PM
The ZU Paladin
Send a message via AIM to Janus Send a message via Skype™ to Janus
Steam ID: Janus3003
View Posts: 6,142

Termina, actually a parallel world or just an excuse?
Quote:
Originally Posted by A link too the pasta
Unless it was the same word for word as mine I don't care... it would have to be a specific search I did to find it wouldn't it... finding individual theorys about Termina in here is like (to quote SPR) finding a needle in a stack of needles...
Dude, he made it about 4 days ago.

*locked*

Tags
follow, hyrule, parallel, rules, termina, theory