Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2006, 01:33 PM
Mixed feelings of elation
Send a message via AIM to Sentient
View Posts: 2,734
Poe Salesman Evidence

I know that a thread concerning the Poe Salesman was already made (because I posted a lot in there !), but I've now found proof that the Poe Salesman was the bored soldier in the house next to the drawbridge. If you go into Hyrule Market at night and talk to the bored soldier, he won't say his usual "let's break some pots to let of some steam" speech. Instead he'll say this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored Soldier
Man, I am SO tired! The night watch is so boring! I wish some ghosts would come out or something... Hey, I'm really interested in ghosts! Studying them is a hobby of mine, but you never know... the time might come when that kind of knowledge might be useful!
And we all know that after Ganondorf takes over Hyrule, the house that the soldier is in is occupied by the Poe Salesman, who is very interested in ghosts aswell. This is undeniable proof that the bored soldier does indeed become the Poe Salesman.

I have a lot of other information about the Poe Salesman, so while I'm talking about him, I may as well post it. He has a picture of the Triforce drawn at a strange angle, so that the Triforce of Courage is nearest to the camera if it were a photograph. This could be because he was a guard, and guards needed to be courageous.

Also, if you look at his head from every angle, he has his hood positioned so that he could see with both his eyes, but he only has one, and it glows red. There may be a reason why he appears to have only one eye. He says he can read people's minds, and what item in Hyrule is described as being able to read minds? The Mask of Truth. If you look at the Happy Mask Shop as Adult Link, it isn't just badly damaged like the other houses, it's been completely obliterated. The Mask of Truth had only one eyehole in the middle of it for people to see through, so I think that the Poe Salesman ransacked the remains of the Happy Mask Shop, and took the Mask of Truth. This would explain why he appears to have one eye, and can read minds.

It can be questioned, where does he get his food and drink from? I don't know, but he certainly wouldn't be allowed into Kakariko Village to get it. I think that because the Poe Salesman worships Ganondorf, Ganondorf supplies him with food and drink. The Poe Salesman appears to have a perticuler taste for a certain type of Hyrulean Ale/Beer/Wine/Champagne/Alcoholic liquid. Where did I get this info from? If you look at the bottom of his bed, you'll notice several bottles, some of which are standing up, some of which are lying down, obviously empty.

This is about as much information on the Poe Salesman that I know. Please tell me your thoughts, and I hope you agree with the evidence suggesting that the bored soldier became the Poe Salesman.
Last Edited by ZeldaGamer21; 11-01-2006 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2006, 03:33 PM
Studied Zelda Lore: 2002-2009 [Sealed Forever]
Send a message via AIM to LOZ Historian
View Posts: 2,588
Re: Poe Salesman Evidence

This is interesting. But what if the Poe Salesman is the Guardsman's ghost and/or spirit controlled through the samesman body? Is it really him "physically" alive???
You can have a timeline, or you can have canon, but not both . If one strictly follows the strictest form of canon, the timeline is ultimately destroyed. On the other hand, if one strives to create the most coherent timeline, the canon must be broken by corollary. It is the unfortunate world in which Nintendo has placed us, and now it is up to decide which road we shall follow: the road of truth where nothing can be created, or the road of imagination where nothing can be destroyed.
[Bomber's Notebook][The History of the UWM][Exposing the Sheikah]
[Zelda Historians]
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2006, 03:41 PM
Master Black Mage
Send a message via AIM to Master of ALttP
View Posts: 3,922

Well, I think we all know one thing about him: He's a raging drunk.
Leminnes made my sig. Mess with Lem and I'll cast Bolt-3 on you.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2006, 03:45 PM
Studied Zelda Lore: 2002-2009 [Sealed Forever]
Send a message via AIM to LOZ Historian
View Posts: 2,588

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of ALttP
Well, I think we all know one thing about him: He's a raging drunk.
What?! How is this implied in the game?!
You can have a timeline, or you can have canon, but not both . If one strictly follows the strictest form of canon, the timeline is ultimately destroyed. On the other hand, if one strives to create the most coherent timeline, the canon must be broken by corollary. It is the unfortunate world in which Nintendo has placed us, and now it is up to decide which road we shall follow: the road of truth where nothing can be created, or the road of imagination where nothing can be destroyed.
[Bomber's Notebook][The History of the UWM][Exposing the Sheikah]
[Zelda Historians]
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2006, 03:49 PM
Fantasy Knight
View Posts: 90

If he has one eye resembiling the eye of truth, then would he be a Skeika or whatever?

The tormenters of your Fantasy.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Imaginary Light Imaginary Light is a female United States Imaginary Light is offline
There are plenty of fish in the sea. LOL jk, there's an oil spill.
Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light Send a message via Skype™ to Imaginary Light

View Posts: 1,785

I think you're right! I never actually thought about that! I wonder how he was able to stop being a guard, though.
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Nacho/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Nacho/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Nacho/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Master Black Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOZ Historian
What?! How is this implied in the game?!
He's got several dark empty bottles near his bed. They're obviously alcohol of some sort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Light
I think you're right! I never actually thought about that! I wonder how he was able to stop being a guard, though.
Because he had a drinking problem. He robbed the Happy Mask Shop in one of his alcohol rampages. He was so drunk he couldn't tell the Mask of Truth from a bottle of wine.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2006, 04:46 PM
Mixed feelings of elation
Send a message via AIM to Sentient
View Posts: 2,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of ALttP
Because he had a drinking problem. He robbed the Happy Mask Shop in one of his alcohol rampages. He was so drunk he couldn't tell the Mask of Truth from a bottle of wine.
Lol. Funniest thing I've heard on here. It's just the way you said it: alcohol rampages. Seriously, if you could see me, I'd be rolling around on the floor in stitches right now. He might not have had a drinking problem, it might just have been that alcohol was the only source of drink he could get a hold of. Or maybe he went on a drunken rampage*sides split from laughing* oooh, I think I'm gonna have to see a doctor about that... O.o
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2006, 05:39 PM
cheeseuy crumpets
View Posts: 213

Heh, the funny thing is there is no alcohol in Zelda... well except for milk in large doses.
He's a milk maniac!
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2006, 05:57 PM
Axis Powers
View Posts: 2,443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum
Heh, the funny thing is there is no alcohol in Zelda... well except for milk in large doses.
He's a milk maniac!
He must be quite healthy, lol.
Last Edited by Hetalia Canadia; 06-09-2006 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Master Black Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaGamer21
Lol. Funniest thing I've heard on here. It's just the way you said it: alcohol rampages. Seriously, if you could see me, I'd be rolling around on the floor in stitches right now. He might not have had a drinking problem, it might just have been that alcohol was the only source of drink he could get a hold of. Or maybe he went on a drunken rampage*sides split from laughing* oooh, I think I'm gonna have to see a doctor about that... O.o
Well, then nominate me for funniest guy on the forums. I don't know if that one line would get me many votes, but it'd be worth a shot.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Maybe I should find you a gun with training wheels
View Posts: 227

Can anybody get a picture of the Poe Salesman? I thought about asking in a thread, but that would be a pointless thread. This one will do.
YuriaTayde-Aquas Metal Guide-SF64-Bossguy...So, yeah... He shoots globs of goo at you... I just don't see how that would help a bunch of monkeys take over the galaxy, unless of course it kills you, then the monkeys win... but in that case, why are you attacking it in the first place?
Quote:
YuriaTayde-Solar Metal Guide-SF64-Bossguy...is one of the more interesting enemies to fight, but again I wonder, what the heck does it hafta do with galactic domination?! Are they gunna build a heat proofe slingshot to send it to Corneria?... Maybe you flew so close to this planet cause you were bored, that makes a little sence I guess.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2006, 06:47 PM
Ocarina Master Ocarina Master is a male United States Ocarina Master is offline
Ultimate Lurker
View Posts: 418

You just noticed that he was the guard? Wow, I've known that for a looooong time.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2006, 07:40 PM
Hyrule defend itself? HAHAHAHA!
View Posts: 4,595

I think that because he worshipped Ganondorf, the Great King of Evil might have done him a favor and fused the Mask of Truth with his real face. That would explain why the eye glowed red, and the hood is probably to keep customers coming. A town of zombies is bad enough, but the shopkeeper has a third, red eye? Low sales there.

I don't think the Mask became the new face. The guard probably wanted to keep his other two eyes, since seeing with one eye would suck. I imagine his face to be a cross between a regular hylian face and a "living" Mask of Truth.

I always thought that guy was cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcvalons
Vaati is the oldest villain in the Zelda chronology, and the oldest are always the most powerful.
Man, I've disproved this point every time I've dropped by the old folk's home.

I... I'm not allowed there any more.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2006, 07:43 PM
FIRE! OH DEAR GOD NOT FIRE!
Send a message via ICQ to Zeos Send a message via AIM to Zeos
View Posts: 33

Yeah I just noticed that, pretty cool! when I was little I used to be scared of him so I could never, ever walk near him to get a good look of him.

He probably drank all of his ale, got one eye removed, and got pink-eye.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Axis Powers
View Posts: 2,443

I just noticed it, too. Really because I never put much thought into it.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2006, 07:48 PM
Hylian
Send a message via Yahoo to OverKill
View Posts: 661

Wow man, this is a great find, You know to tell you the truth, Im surprised that I have never been in the market as a Child & in the night... I will have to go to the Castle & go in the little building at night !!!!
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2006, 10:07 PM
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
View Posts: 20,982

Why do you think the prize for collecting 100 points is an Empty Bottle?
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2006, 10:28 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 416

I've got a bottle for giving him ten big poes. Since Big Poe are worth 10 points and you give him 10 then you have a hundred.
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,484

it's a possibilty. Never thought about that before. But lot's of the evidence you stated can also be claimed as "coincidences".

Played | Beaten |
LoZ | AoL |G&W | ZW | ALttP | LA | LADX | OoT | MQ | MM | OoA&OoS | ALttP&FS | TWW | FSA | TMC|TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT3D | FSAE | SS |TWWHD| ALBW

Tags
evidence, poe, salesman