Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2006, 11:46 AM
The owner of the Majora's Mask.
Send a message via AIM to Kishiru
View Posts: 461
Which had harder temples, MM or OoT?

I saw some people saying that OoT had harder dungeouns than MM. But for me OoT had easier dungeouns for me. The only reason OoT seemed harder it is becuase the dungeouns were big.

Just post you opinions.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2006, 11:51 AM
Crossing off the List
View Posts: 1,039
Re: Which had harder temples, MM or OoT?

Chuck a poll in, just so we can see at a quick glance what the majority stance on this is.

Anyhow, I have to go with Majora's Mask. Those were tricky Temples. I think two words justify this decision:

Great Bay.

~ Adhamh.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2006, 12:24 PM
Twilight King
View Posts: 41

well in OOT there were few challenging dungeons (spirit and forest) and a very frustrating one (water).

But the dungeons in MM caused much more heartache than all of the OOT dungeons combined. Great bay dungeon was the hardest dungeon i faced in a long time. It certainly took me back to the days of Loz and Prince of Persia 1&2 (pc).

Another factor that made MM dungeons hard was the time limit and the chore of getting to the dungeon.
In OOT the storyline was much more linear (especially when link was a child). It went along the lines of: go to location, talk to the leader of the tribe (great deku tree, darunia, zora king) and get the stone.
In MM u needed to solve many puzzles BEFORE entering the dungeon. Few times i was very frustrated when after completing all the side quests i would die.
Last Edited by Janus; 02-16-2006 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2006, 12:31 PM
Adm Manhammer Adm Manhammer is a male United Kingdom Adm Manhammer is offline
Alpha Male
View Posts: 9,870

MM, definitely. Each temple presented a new challenge; Snowhead, you had to get rid fo the ice blocks in the main room. Great Bay... nuff said. Stone Tower, you had to flip upside-down to solve puzzles and reach new areas. Can't remember Woodfall's quirk offhand, but it'll come to me. OoT's temples were all very straightforward, with the obvious exception of the Water Temple.

Days since last signature update: 0
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2006, 02:37 PM
A rare breed of banana
View Posts: 349

OoT's dungeons were harder for me but that was because it was my first Zelda game. Oddly, the only OoT temple that I didn't have problems on was the Water Temple.

MM's weren't easy but the first two weren't too bad for me, Great Bay was a little annoying with all the currents and the whole flipping upside down Stone Tower was slightly confusing but I didn't have many problems with it.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2006, 03:07 PM
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
View Posts: 20,982

On the whole, the dungeons in Majora's Mask were more difficult. The enemies seemed easier, because most of them were recycled from Ocarina of Time or incredibly simple to defeat with the various transformations, and the bosses were much easier, but the dungeons, specifically the puzzles and Stray Fairies, were harder.

Lots of people see Ocarina of Time as harder, but that's because they confuse length with difficulty, and because Majora's Mask is a lot easier for veteran Ocarina players.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2006, 04:27 PM
Goron
View Posts: 310

I'd say Oot cause I had no problem with the temples in MM... the time limit never bugged me, and getting to them was easy, unless you count going through that stupid well thing to get to the canyon temple. In Oot there was the water temple, which 99% of people had a hard time finishing, and all of the other temples actually had some timed puzzles, which were also hard. I rest my case.
And here I am wondering how you all had problems in the MM water temple...

Zelda Games Played- MM, Oot, WW, TP, ALttP, FS, PH, LA, LoZ, OoS

I went missing for a year!! Sorry!!
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-28-2006, 11:10 PM
Goron
View Posts: 229

I think miamoto designed the MM dungeons to be harder because there were fewer official dungeons. the puzzles were harder and the dungeons were bigger and there was more trouble getting into them then there was in OoT. OoT focused more on spending time inside of dungeons. MM focused more on doing things outside of them but they still had to serve as a challenge! there was also the idea of doing mini quests inside the dungeon in MM beyond getting the boss item to get to the end of the game (collecting stray fairies, saving the deku princess)
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-01-2006, 06:43 AM
The World is Yours!!!
Send a message via Skype™ to Jimbob

View Posts: 5,029

Hardest dungeons/temples for me can be found in Majoras Mask. 2 come to mind, Great Bay and Stone Tower. Stone Tower because you have to flip the Temple multiple times to get through (gets confusing) and Great Bay because of the Water flows that you need to set in order to get through parts of the temple. Also, the hidden fairies are hard to find if you are really trying to look for them (like i do).

Ocarina of Time dungeons are easy enough, the only challenge come from the Temples (Water Temple etc). These Temples are longer than Majoras Mask, and finding the Skulltulas in each Temple is difficult in places.

Facebook : Twitter
Formally known as Jimez
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-01-2006, 06:59 AM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 305

I'll go with the majority here and say that MM's dungeons were harder than the ones in OoT. Time issues were never a problem to me because I always played the Inverted Song of Time before getting inside one of them, but some of the puzzles within the temples made me go nuts sometimes, not because they were hard per se but mainly because some required a little more coordination than the one I could properly input. Stone Tower Temple is, by far, my favourite temple of the 3D Zelda games (hence my username) - the way they managed to blend all of the transformations in order to beat it is simply astounding! The only thing I dislike about it is the boss. Twinmold sucks but everything leading to it is pure videogame brilliancy!
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-01-2006, 05:20 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 33

Technically, it doesn't have to be a "main" area to be considered a dungeon, so MM has way more than 4.. Anyways, I'd say MM. You had a time limit, you had to do much more to get inside of them at all, etc.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-01-2006, 06:02 PM
Am I the only person ____?
View Posts: 10,344

MM dungeons were harder. They were also more likely to induce headaches. They weren't as fun or memorable, but I think anyone can agree that they're more difficult.

Thanks to IGNIS for the amazing signature! NNID = Bill1989. Let's play Mario Kart!
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-01-2006, 09:53 PM
Gerudo Thief
Send a message via ICQ to Hutch Send a message via AIM to Hutch Send a message via Yahoo to Hutch
View Posts: 56

MM's temples were WAY harder, So hard I didnt even finish the second one. I think OoT's temples were easier because there were more of them; but since there were only four in mm it seemed like they tried to make them extra long. also just becasue they wanted you to use the masks, for example the goron rolling in the snow temple.

#14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-01-2006, 10:02 PM
Burning hooves means Littlepip is watching...
Send a message via AIM to Puck
View Posts: 15,586

hard to say I have to go with oot only because it was my first 3d game ever and I didn't know what to ecpect by the time I played mm I had already gotten used to the 3d world so it wasent as hard as oot.

on the other hand mm deungons(sp) still give me a little trouble where as oot's i can beat with one hand tied behind my back and without ever pulling out my sword(excluding boos/mini-boss fights of course)
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-01-2006, 10:04 PM
Monkey D. Luffy Monkey D. Luffy is a male United States Monkey D. Luffy is offline
The quality of this f0rum really has gone down :\
Send a message via AIM to Monkey D. Luffy
View Posts: 987

MM has to have the hardest because Stone Tower was hard for me(I had to use a guide!). The only challenging temple in OoT is the Water Temple, but OoT is still a great game.
exploded for no reason creating everything and then
a bunch of everything rearranged itself for no reason
whatsover into self-replicating bits which turned into dinosaurs.
Makes perfect sense!

#16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Rocker
View Posts: 394

MM dungeons were harder, in my opinion. OoT was my first Zelda game, and even then, it was easier than MM. MM's dungeons were less linear, more confusing, and had harder puzzles and bosses. Basically, MM had a buch of Water Temples in disguise. Great Bay... Eh, let my brother do it, then beat the boss after dying five times. Man, I stank at MM... OoT just came natural to me. I liked OoT's dungeons, and MM's were boring, hard, and annoying. I hated the Swamp dungeon's eerie background music, too... *shudders*

But, you had better help in MM on the dungeons, because Tatl was much more useful than Navi... But did we need help in OoT? No...
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-02-2006, 07:41 PM
Zora Warrior
Send a message via AIM to Link_fizzle
View Posts: 416

MM definitely. just getting into each temple was hard! In oot it was like each room had one little puzzle then u could move on to the next room. But in MM each room had alot more challenges AND sometimes u needed to return to the same room to move on to the next level. plus the bosses were harder in MM. in oot...a few quick smacks and BOOM the poor creature is dead. and of course there is the time limit factor....u had to time urself perfectly in order to get everything done and u can't save while being in the temple because u need those owl posts, whereas oot u just need to press START and select SAVE. soooo everytime u go out to save....u would have to go through something to get back in and continue on where u left off...arrg the stone tower....u had to do it twice!
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-02-2006, 08:06 PM
Gerudo Thief
Send a message via AIM to Linkman18 Send a message via Yahoo to Linkman18
View Posts: 67

I Think everyone here Hits the spot , Oot had way bigger temples but that doesnt mean it was harder , MM had shorter temples but the time factor in some temples ( Stone Tower) made it a bit more harder than in Oot when you had all the time to look and solve each puzzle.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2006, 06:01 AM
-
View Posts: 8,224

MM easy. But OoT's were much more fun though. MMs levels were tough.... and not very fun.

MMs seem to have poison water everywhere, stupid annoying little things you have to do, crappier music, and the overall atmosphere isn't as nice.

I think it might have something to do with the different masks you have to use to solve the puzzels or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwing_Ace
Basically, MM had a buch of Water Temples in disguise.
Yeah it does now that I think about it... and thats not a good thing. And I agree about them being less linear.
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2006, 10:24 AM
View Posts: n/a

I have always had trouble with water-based temples. But the Water Temple is definitly harder than the Great Bay so I have to say that OoT is harder. Plus, there are more items that have a real purpose.

Tags
harder, oot, temples