Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-16-2005, 05:22 AM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 3,765
Re: Koume and Kotake

Ok heres what I have been let to believe

In OoT they Were called "Sorceress Sisters: Twinrova" but when they talked they clearly said each others name Koume and Kotake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Text Dump
What?
Hey, Koume, what is that above
your head?

I don't know, but you have one
over your head too, Kotake!

But I'm only 400 years old!

And I'm just 380 years old!

We're twins! Don't try to lie
about your age!

You must have gone senile!

Who are you calling senile?!
Is that how you treat your
older sister?

We are twins!
How can you be older?
Heh Classic

Anyway I think Ganondorf Tricked the witches to help him and they were easily influenced.

Plus I'm pretty sure Termina was another Dimension not a Parallel Dimension. So that clears up other claims such as "But if Ganon was evil in Hyrule shouldn't he be Good in Termina" and they fact that he and others doesn't have to exist there.

But for the fact that the Sisters went to Termina for holiday or what ever you said is false.
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-16-2005, 06:07 AM
Spirits Rebellious.
View Posts: 247

Whatever conclusions are made, it being parallel is a fact, it even states it in the booklet's introduction in the game manual. I don't believe everybody is present in this parallel world,that is present in OoT, and visa versa.
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-16-2005, 06:21 AM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 3,765

Well I was lead to beleive it wasn't parallel, when I read it I saw this "This is a kind of parallel world that is similar yet different from the land of Hyrule"
No defining fact saying it is, so therefore asumed it wasn't parallel.
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-16-2005, 06:44 AM
Spirits Rebellious.

Well, the quote was vague from memory. But even so, it means, from what I can draw from it, it is a "kind" of parallel world, because of these differences. Ie: Not everybody is present in Termina that is in Hyrule, new people, that do not exist in Hyrule, exist in Termina, thus making it a "kind of" parallel world. Since, it isn't a true one, due to these differences.
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-16-2005, 07:02 AM
Mythical Dreamer
View Posts: 538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylian Z
Anyway I think Ganondorf Tricked the witches to help him and they were easily influenced.
They were his mother if I remember correctly..

#26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-16-2005, 07:24 AM
Spirits Rebellious.

If anything the Koume and Kotake influenced Ganondorf to be so evil-minded, and taught him his magic powers.
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-16-2005, 01:40 PM
Gerudo Thief
Send a message via AIM to Savannah Send a message via Yahoo to Savannah
View Posts: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylian Z
Plus I'm pretty sure Termina was another Dimension not a Parallel Dimension. So that clears up other claims such as "But if Ganon was evil in Hyrule shouldn't he be Good in Termina" and they fact that he and others doesn't have to exist there.
A "parallel" dimension doesn't mean an "opposite" or "alternate" dimension. Parallel simply means "other," or "beside." So, yes, Termina could be a parallel dimension with versions of the characters that aren't necessarily opposites of them.
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-17-2005, 11:15 PM
Master Black Mage
Send a message via AIM to Master of ALttP
View Posts: 3,922

It said so in the Collector's Edition disc's Majora's Mask manual, didn't it? I can't check right now, as my friend has them all in a Zelda guide book we made. Whatever. I'll check it some other time.
Leminnes made my sig. Mess with Lem and I'll cast Bolt-3 on you.
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-17-2005, 11:50 PM
Sage of Wisdom
Send a message via AIM to exo
View Posts: 1,366

Guys, you are making mountains out of molehills. The people that made the game ran out of time and didn't have enough time to make completely different characters, so they used the same ones and just named them different things. I mean, for Christ sake, there were at least a dozen people who resembled Ingo. And not everyone had an "alternate being", Talon, as an example. The place is in another dimension, it is considered a parallel universe because of the similarities between it and Hyrule. WHy are you guys so stubborn as to come up with these stupid theories that just completely screw up the timeline, like "If Koume and Kotake were in Termina 3 months after the childhood of Link in OOT, then that means that they became evil overtime and 7 years later die from Link, but that can't happen cuz of this and that and this and that and BLAH BLAH BLAH." Just please, i dont mean to be mean, but shut up about it all. Termina and it's people have no relevance to the OOT timeline and don't affect Hyrule in anyway. It was just a rushed videogame, it's not like an official movie or something.
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-18-2005, 04:44 PM
Wandering Nomad
View Posts: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewindfish
They were his mother if I remember correctly..
Surrogate mother if I remember correctly.
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-22-2005, 10:07 PM
Gerudo Thief
Send a message via AIM to indianajones
View Posts: 96

Well, this is one more thing that nintendo was too lazy to think out. Since they didn't, we do. OK, first i think that are the same world, so the fact that MM is 3 mounths after OoT helps. There also the fact that the sisters can travel between the 4 kindoms, (Hyrule, Termenia, Lybaria, Hydrulium{spelled wrong}) so they were probibly going on a vacation or got a job promotion.
(='.'=)
(")_(")
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
Copy & Paste this in your sig if you're one of the 2% who hasn't.
Made by me, I'm not good at computer art.
[=[_]=]
[+[_]::] = (236283) (714457)
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-28-2005, 12:01 AM
yeah, I'm an old ZU'er. Just inactive now.
Send a message via AIM to nekoryuuha Send a message via Yahoo to nekoryuuha
View Posts: 674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab
Guys, you are making mountains out of molehills. The people that made the game ran out of time and didn't have enough time to make completely different characters, so they used the same ones and just named them different things. I mean, for Christ sake, there were at least a dozen people who resembled Ingo. And not everyone had an "alternate being", Talon, as an example. The place is in another dimension, it is considered a parallel universe because of the similarities between it and Hyrule. WHy are you guys so stubborn as to come up with these stupid theories that just completely screw up the timeline, like "If Koume and Kotake were in Termina 3 months after the childhood of Link in OOT, then that means that they became evil overtime and 7 years later die from Link, but that can't happen cuz of this and that and this and that and BLAH BLAH BLAH." Just please, i dont mean to be mean, but shut up about it all. Termina and it's people have no relevance to the OOT timeline and don't affect Hyrule in anyway. It was just a rushed videogame, it's not like an official movie or something.
I doesn't need to be. People are curious about things that aren't explained straight off. Sorry, off topic. Anyway, Does anyone have any ideas about Koume and Kotake's appearance in the oracles games? After all they were known by both Maku trees and were trying to revive Ganon. Any thoughts on this?

My characters (Old)
Tsukineko (Rework in progress)

#33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-31-2005, 05:26 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 55
Lightbulb What?

I didn't see them in OOT yet, but since you think you have, did "Koume and Kotake" have the same name? The two of them could've just looked like different people. If they were the same people, (you can tell if they look the same and have the same name)(obviously ) then, I don't know what to tell you. (Put some more thought into your post. You just stated something, but usually if you want someone to reply, make at least one question.) +, Termina is just part of Hyrule, at least I'm almost positive.

(\__/) This is bunny...
( '.' )
(") (")
(")__(")
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-31-2005, 05:49 PM
yeah, I'm an old ZU'er. Just inactive now.
Send a message via AIM to nekoryuuha Send a message via Yahoo to nekoryuuha
View Posts: 674

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueberryPicker
I didn't see them in OOT yet, but since you think you have, did "Koume and Kotake" have the same name? The two of them could've just looked like different people. If they were the same people, (you can tell if they look the same and have the same name)(obviously ) then, I don't know what to tell you. (Put some more thought into your post. You just stated something, but usually if you want someone to reply, make at least one question.) +, Termina is just part of Hyrule, at least I'm almost positive.
Sorry. Should have explained more. Yes, they had the same names and I see them mostly in an ages linked game and near the end of seasons in an unlinked game, but I don't know if it's the same the other way around yet since I haven't linked from ages to seasons yet. They also have the same powers of fire(koume) and ice(kotake). They also still serve Ganon.

My characters (Old)
Tsukineko (Rework in progress)

Tags
kotake, koume