Alien Raid

How do you protect Romani from the Alien Raid? THanks,
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-15-2005, 09:58 AM
Royal Hylian
Send a message via AIM to Technolink
View Posts: 951
Re: Alien Raid

I had problems with this too. First of all, make time go at normal speed, and don't use the song of double time, it doesn't work. Many people say to pick a sniping post, doesn't wrok either. I found the best method was to dawn the bunny hood, and just shoot the bastereds, but BUT! watch you radar closly, a few might come from behind, in which case just run around and shot them with the arrows. Oh yea, only the arrows work, fire/ice/light do nothing special, and you can't slash them with the sword. Now, if and only if there are a bunch really close to the barn, play the song of time backwords to slow time down, this might slow time, but it slows the aliens down also, they go really slow, just than just run around shoot them all in sight, and than return back to normal time. You only must do this for less than a couple of minutes, but you better be prepared for the *prize* that lies the next night (don't worry, its not more aliens)

#3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-15-2005, 10:23 AM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 35
Alien Raid

Thanks Technolink. How do I play the song of time backwords to slow time down?
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-15-2005, 10:43 AM
Goron
View Posts: 225

Also, some advice... DO NOT USE EPONA. It basically just screws things up.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-15-2005, 11:00 AM
Something witty
View Posts: 1,641

This is what I did. I slowed time down, put on the bunny hood, and focused on the ones closest. The Song of Slow time (\/ A > \/ A >) makes the aliens go slow, so even though you have to fend them off for longer, they are super slow! Also, notice the dog. It's there to help you. Pay attention to it. It goes after the nearest one, but doesn't leave it until you kill it. Also, some sneak up behind, and as technolink said, pay attention to your radar!
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-15-2005, 11:02 AM
Later Losers!
View Posts: 580

There's a spot between the house, the crate and the barn which allows you to see all the aliens without having to run about. Make sure you've bought a map (if you have and it's not showing up, press D-pad [on N64 version it's L button]). Unless you have good aim or the biggest quiver, you'll need to restock on arrows mid fight. Roll into the crate or simply pick up some of the arrows the aliens drop. Concentrate on the two aliens that attack the barn from behind, but try to give equal attention to all the aliens. When you shoot an alien, it respawns almost instantly so don't bother sniping far off aliens. Keep one eye on your map and track where the white dots are. Slowing down time (play the song of time backwards) makes the aliens go slower, but also means you have to defend the barn for twice as long. The dog near the barn is good at detecting close aliens, if its yapping excessively an alien is getting close to the barn. Don't stand in the way of an alien or try to slash it with your sword since you'll only get hurt.

One last thing, you don't have to visit the ranch during day 1. So long as you're at the ranch by 2:30am on night 1 the aliens will still appear. Just wanted to point that out to anyone sick of the horseback archery minigame.

Seriously, use a title deed instead...
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-15-2005, 12:19 PM
Adm Manhammer Adm Manhammer is a male United Kingdom Adm Manhammer is offline
Alpha Male
View Posts: 9,870

I usually find that using Epona works quite well. And I always go with the Inverted Song, but that's probably just because I like the music.

Days since last signature update: 0
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Gerudo Thief
Alien Raid

Thank you all. Also, is there a way to get into post office when it is closed to give the express letter to the mailman to deliver?
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-15-2005, 12:40 PM
Alpha Male

No. You'll have to go in while it's open. I think it stays open for most of the 3rd Day, so you should be okay.

#10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-15-2005, 12:53 PM
Gerudo Thief
Alien Raid

Thank you, Dalek!
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-15-2005, 01:05 PM
Alpha Male

No problem. A word of advice, though; there's a sticky thread around here somewhere. "OoT/MM Official Help Thread" or something like that. Post your questions in there in future, mkay?

#12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-15-2005, 01:06 PM
Gerudo Thief

i am on the 3rd day and went to the post office at 1pm and it was looked and i was not able to get in. i saw the post man come to the door and it automatically locked. the problem is that i need to get to send this letter and make it to ikana village by 6pm so that i can get this bottle.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-15-2005, 01:10 PM
Alpha Male

Right, about that... If you're after the bottle from the Mayor's wife, you have to deliver the ketter in person. If you give it to the postman, you get the Postman's Hat. If you're after the bottle, just take the letter to the Milk Bar at any time during Night of the Third Day.

#14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-15-2005, 03:18 PM
Gerudo Thief

How do i get to the sticky Thread? Having a hard time and i want to post in the correct area.
thanks
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-15-2005, 03:27 PM
ZU Lurker...
Send a message via AIM to Swordmasterv
View Posts: 401

Every time you enter a forum, there are usually several threads at the top. The first one will usually be the announcements. After that will be some threads that start with the word "Sticky". Sticky" doesn't refer to an actual thread that is called that, it just means that they will never move down or up and are stuck in place. This link is the N64 help thread.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-15-2005, 03:55 PM
WARNING! there's an idiot reading this right now
View Posts: 538

Just a tip: On the alien raid game, wear Goron mask n curl with A near the lowest roof of the barn. Press B and release A in midair to fall on the roof. Do it again, from the top roof u just shoot arrows and don't move coz you see all of them !
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-15-2005, 04:15 PM
Gerudo Thief

Can someone please let me know what to do once I am in his hideout. Also, where can you find the mayor's wife at 2pm on the third day. I need to get the bottle from her. Thanks.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-15-2005, 04:44 PM
Later Losers!
View Posts: 580

Why don't you just go to the milk bar after 12am to find the Mayor's wife?

Seriously, use a title deed instead...

Tags
alien, raid