Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 07:27 PM
I'm Back By Popular Demand!
View Posts: 438
Question Ocarina Of Time Suck????!!!!

Does OoT suck??? No!!! of course not, it is a sin to say it sucks, and it really really disturbs me to read threads in which a lot of people in this site talk bad things about OoT,saying that they don't ever want to see it again, that they hope TP has nothin to do with it, I mean I understand that a remake is not for everyone but come on!!!! I've seen people say all kinds of bad stuff, how can people even consider themselves to be Zelda fans and not like OoT? :mad: What do you guys think??.

P.S Once again this thread is just my personal point of view, so please people let's keep it peacefull.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 07:29 PM
Well, I've got me a horde around you, now don't I?
View Posts: 695
Re: Ocarina Of Time Suck????!!!!

This should be in N64 Zelda.

People here don't hate OoT as far as I know, especially me, and I think that it's the best Zelda game yet. But I think they're right sometimes, every game shouldn't be based on OoT, we have to keep creating new ideas.

{Sig and Avy made by the amazing Sizzlin}
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 07:31 PM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 561

How can someone say OoT sucks when it has to be the best game ever made. Its beyond me. Even thought it has slighty dated graphics and sounds it is still the best every Zelda game hands down. I know im not speaking for everyone but for me it has to be.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 07:34 PM
Goron
View Posts: 228
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhItE_LinK
Does OoT suck??? No!!! of course not, it is a sin to say it sucks, and it really really disturbs me to read threads in which a lot of people in this site talk bad things about OoT,saying that they don't ever want to see it again, that they hope TP has nothin to do with it, I mean I understand that a remake is not for everyone but come on!!!! I've seen people say all kinds of bad stuff, how can people even consider themselves to be Zelda fans and not like OoT? :mad: What do you guys think??.

P.S Once again this thread is just my personal point of view, so please people let's keep it peacefull.

Ok prepare to be ripped apart by Tww fanboys. I agree with you though OOT revelutionized 3d zelda's in it's time. But OOT was a great game though the graphics are a bit dated. But OOT is a great game even now.
Last Edited by samus aran1; 08-13-2005 at 07:44 PM. Reason:
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 07:37 PM
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trv016
This should be in N64 Zelda.

People here don't hate OoT as far as I know, especially me, and I think that it's the best Zelda game yet. But I think they're right sometimes, every game shouldn't be based on OoT, we have to keep creating new ideas.

I never said that every game should be based on OoT. I just think that OoT is the greatest period, and I think it will be very hard for TP to overcome this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumus
Ok prepare to be ripped apart by Tww fanboys. I agree with you though OOT revelutionized zelda,why without OOT TWW wouldn't have L-targeting .

LOL I'm ready man, I'm always ready for anything in these forums.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 07:38 PM
Self-Banned

View Posts: 8,030

Quote:
Ok prepare to be ripped apart by Tww fanboys. I agree with you though OOT revelutionized zelda,why without OOT TWW wouldn't have L-targeting .
That's total bull, if WW was made first it would have L-Targeting, it was an idea made for 3D Zeldas, not just OoT.

And while I admit OoT was a great game that did indeed set some standards for 3D Zeldas, it's not a sin to say it sucks. That's like saying it's a sin to say it's great, it's an opinion, much like yours. If everyone thought just like you it would no longer be an opinion.

Love OoT, but don't tell others to believe your opinions, that's stupid and childish.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 07:44 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raunmy Boy
That's total bull, if WW was made first it would have L-Targeting, it was an idea made for 3D Zeldas, not just OoT.

And while I admit OoT was a great game that did indeed set some standards for 3D Zeldas, it's not a sin to say it sucks. That's like saying it's a sin to say it's great, it's an opinion, much like yours. If everyone thought just like you it would no longer be an opinion.

Love OoT, but don't tell others to believe your opinions, that's stupid and childish.

LOL It's all good, just like I said I've being expecting all you OoT haters TWW fanboys, and honestly I'm also expecting to have a good day today so no worries man I don't feel like ripping anybody apart like I usually do on these forums. Thank you for you opinion though.

P.S It wouldn't surprise me to get another 3 warning points for this LOL.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 07:46 PM
Mogma
Send a message via AIM to Cyclossus
View Posts: 162

Ocarina of Time does not suck. It had the best story line and the best diffuculty level. It was the funnest Zelda game yet. I don't know about Twilight Princess though.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclossus
Ocarina of Time does not suck. It had the best story line and the best diffuculty level. It was the funnest Zelda game yet. I don't know about Twilight Princess though.

I feel you Cyclossus I too doubt that The Twilight Princess will be as good as Ocarina of Time. Althou I hope it is as good as OoT because it will prove that realistic is better than Cell-shaded.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 07:52 PM
Ichabod Lark Ichabod Lark is a male United States Ichabod Lark is offline
Sheikah
View Posts: 506

Quote:
Does OoT suck??? No!!! of course not.
Okay, so sure, it's not a perfect game, no game is. I understand what you're saying when people make rediculous claims about the game, but when people list thoughtful reasons where the game could've been better, there's no need to get mad. I've accepted it for WW, you need to accept it for OoT.

Quote:
It is a sin to say it sucks, and it really really disturbs me to read threads in which a lot of people in this site talk bad things about OoT, saying that they don't ever want to see it again...
Okay first of all saying it's a sin is rediculous. Many people talk bad things about OoT because they didn't engoy playing it, it's understandable. And what they mean by "they don't ever want to see it again" I'm guessing referrs to re-makes, which in case I agree, it was fun, but it's time is over. If they say they don't want to see the game itself every again, well then they should find an anti-OoT forum to join.

Quote:
... that they hope TP has nothin to do with it...
Well, that's just their wishful thinking.

Quote:
I mean I understand that a remake is not for everyone but come on!!!! I've seen people say all kinds of bad stuff, how can people even consider themselves to be Zelda fans and not like OoT?
That comment right there is stupid and uncalled for. It'd be more accurate to say "how can people even consider themselves to be Zelda fans and not like the original LoZ?" but even that isn't correct, you can be a fan of the Zelda series in general, but not a fan of one particular game.

Signature created by insaney.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 07:56 PM
Goron
Send a message via AIM to HOY!
View Posts: 169

People like me dont hate Ocarina. When i put down Ocarina its usually because people just go on and on about how great it was compared to Windwaker, and how it was a dissapointment that windwaker was made and that windwaker isnt even a decent comparison to ocarina. When i hear people say that thats when i get angry and start to put Ocarina down. I dont hate it though. I thought it was a really good game with great graphics for its time. But like most people i agree that its a little over rated just because it was the first zelda game.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 07:57 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 71

You're kidding?! Who in their right mind would say OoT sucks???!!! I mean come on, it won best game in 1995!!! People need to watch what they say around Zelda fans such as ourselves, but at the same time... >< It is a matter of opinion... Just for that here is my opinion... The people who have ever uttered the word suck in regaurds to OoT need to be royally pumled by us, the fans! Seek them out and find out why they think the way they do and then set them straight!!! Give them a reason to LOVE OoT... >_> They will bow to the legend!!! LONG LIVE OCARINA OF TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

*This is in no means a threat toward those who do not like OoT, but a message to them that I highly disagree!*

We're fourteen hundred miles apart and he still manages to rock me to sleep every night...
Till death do us part... Sergio

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
Copy & Paste this in your sig if you're one of the 2% who hasn't.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 07:59 PM
Sheikah

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhItE_LinK
Ok, translation please.
Oh my *****ing god! You suck!* Ocarina of Time was so bad! Now The Wind Waker is out! It is so much better!**

*Or something to that extent, I've always had trouble with the phrase "u r 73]-[ 500Xx0r5!!11"

**I think the word "b374" is better, but I'm not sure.

#14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 07:59 PM
. . .
Send a message via AIM to cheeselink13
View Posts: 247

Quote:
I wasn't talking to you I was talking to white link.
oh sorry bout that im alittle confused right now didnt sleep well last night still think oots the best
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 08:00 PM
Goron

I hate it even more when people say that Ocarina was a "flawless" game.... every zelda game has its flaw even the "almighty Ocarina of Time"
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 08:02 PM
. . .
Send a message via AIM to cheeselink13
View Posts: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOY!
I hate it even more when people say that Ocarina was a "flawless" game.... every zelda game has its flaw even the "almighty Ocarina of Time"
i didnt say it was flawless i just said it was better
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 08:03 PM
Goron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmhamilto
i didnt say it was flawless i just said it was better
I know i wasnt specifically talking about u i was talking about some zelda fans in general
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 08:03 PM
Sheikah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelicous_Link
You're kidding?! Who in their right mind would say OoT sucks???!!! I mean come on, it won best game in 1995!!! People need to watch what they say around Zelda fans such as ourselves, but at the same time... >< It is a matter of opinion... Just for that here is my opinion... The people who have ever uttered the word suck in regaurds to OoT need to be royally pumled by us, the fans! Seek them out and find out why they think the way they do and then set them straight!!! Give them a reason to LOVE OoT... >_> They will bow to the legend!!! LONG LIVE OCARINA OF TIME!!!!!!!!!!!
And if you say one bad thing about ALttP, I'll hunt you down with a gun. Seriously, I know it wasn't a threat, but some of you overeact too much. Calm down, and let people have their opinions.

#19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 08:04 PM
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelicous_Link

*This is in no means a threat toward those who do not like OoT, but a message to them that I highly disagree!*

All I have to say to this is. A.M.E.N.
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 08:09 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichabod_L
And if you say one bad thing about ALttP, I'll hunt you down with a gun. Seriously, I know it wasn't a threat, but some of you overeact too much. Calm down, and let people have their opinions.

Hunt me down with a gun... That's is over reacting right there... For your information, I have yet to play ALttP so I can not form an opinion of it... BUT I never said I would hurt any one when I spoke... You can be targetted for what you just said to me for the fact that it made me feel quite uneasy... do it again and i'll report you. :mad:

We're fourteen hundred miles apart and he still manages to rock me to sleep every night...
Till death do us part... Sergio

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
Copy & Paste this in your sig if you're one of the 2% who hasn't.
Closed Thread

Tags
ocarina, suck, time