Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #61 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2005, 08:39 PM
TM Revolution United_States TM Revolution is offline
Hylian Knight
Send a message via AIM to TM Revolution
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: PA
View Posts: 551
Re: Ocarina Of Time Suck????!!!!

I think oot is the best zelda game out there. But I do not think all other games should be based on it. Take ww for example, It wasn't as great a game as oot, but It was still one of the top gamecube titles. It was a great game.
__________________

~~}(===OoT Revisited==>
^READ MY FAN FIC^

If you are a sweet Supersmash Bros melee player, PM me and tell me the characters you use etc. My favorite characters are:Ganon and Marth
Thanks to me for making the sig
  #62 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2005, 09:17 PM
Itsuya Dayrose United States Itsuya Dayrose is offline
Really wants to come back when I can
Send a message via Skype™ to Itsuya Dayrose
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Where I belong.
View Posts: 4,924
Re: Ocarina Of Time Suck????!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samus aran
Yeah, but if people are going to say it sucks at least give a real reason instead of "ZOMG OOT WUZ WAS TEH SUXXXORS LOL LO111111111L" . I don't mind when people say they don't like it, but don't be rude about it.
This is true, yet i still dont understand why people should care what other people think, oot was a great game in my opinion, and i dont really care if people say it sucks, but they should make it seem more like their opinion, and less like a fact.
__________________

Veritas Dayrose <3~
Itsu's Characters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciroton
Oy! Not a-****ing-gain! God-damned Polar bear ate my mailbox! >___<
  #63 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-19-2005, 06:24 AM
JONJONAUG United_States JONJONAUG is offline
Resident Ranma 1/2 Fan
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New Jersey
View Posts: 292
Re: Ocarina Of Time Suck????!!!!

I don't know why anyone would ever hate it. One of the largest adventure games ever (3D RPG's get the huge world award), so very many dungeons, cool bosses (it has a dragon, what more do you want?), and overall just a great game.

I have different merits for each game

LoZ-The orignal
AoL-Only one with RPG elements, works allright in the long run
Lttp-First Zelda game with a real plot behind it other then "Rescue princess and kill Ganon", gave more backstory.
LA-It was handheld.
OoA and OoS-Also handheld, good game
Four Swords/Four Swords Adventures-Good as a multiplayer game
Minish Cap-Freakishly addictive
OoT-Best...game...ever.
MM-My fave Zelda game next to OoT, the three day system worked well, and the sidequests were great.
WW-Great characters, HUGE world, sailing worked well, great graphics, overall fun.
__________________
Everyone is an idiot, some are just better at hiding it...
  #64 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-19-2005, 06:49 AM
balohna Canada balohna is offline
Goron
Send a message via AIM to balohna
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
View Posts: 323
Re: Ocarina Of Time Suck????!!!!

Best Zelda, I agree. It is way overrated by fans though. It's a great game, but it's not a godly unpassable achievement in game design. That's the cool thing about video games, no matter how well executed a game is there's always little flaws and limitations.
__________________
  #65 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-19-2005, 07:20 AM
yena yena is a female Australia yena is offline
Sheikah
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In the space between dimensions.
View Posts: 514
Re: Ocarina Of Time Suck????!!!!

hey, nothings perfect, aslong as its close, everyones happy.
__________________
Prone to vanishing.

Kaze-one made this for me. Isn't it great?
Member of the Nayru clan of Wisdom.
  #66 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-19-2005, 08:03 AM
Hellsquire United Kingdom Hellsquire is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: Aug 2005
View Posts: 6
Re: Ocarina Of Time Suck????!!!!

What flaws, though? Sure, the graphics looks crap now, but they kicked ass back when it was made. And there's no flaws with the gameplay. OoT was the best game there has ever been, but I think there's a possibility TP will be better...
  #67 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-19-2005, 08:04 AM
Ned Flanders Ned Flanders is offline
Hylian
Send a message via AIM to Ned Flanders
Join Date: Aug 2005
View Posts: 633
Re: Ocarina Of Time Suck????!!!!

Its all a matter of opinion. There we go. There's Flawless, then there's Perfect. Like gems in D2, a game can be Chipped, Flawed, so-so, Flawless, and Perfect.
  #68 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-20-2005, 09:49 PM
Sage of Storms Sage of Storms is offline
Wise Dude
Join Date: Jan 2004
View Posts: 73
Re: Ocarina Of Time Suck????!!!!

I don;t think anyone in their right mind thinks that OoT sucks. They're just fans of other Zelda games who think OoT is a bit overrated. The fact that its has about 51% of the "Best Zelda Game" vote shows it is widley liked, but those 49% don't see why it's so special, and so they feel obliged to complain.
__________________

{Proud Nayrulian}
{Also known as Valindor}
  #69 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-21-2005, 08:20 AM
Solid Snake Solid Snake is a male Australia Solid Snake is offline
What smells like Irish Spring?
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lumpy_custard/
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Riding a Kangaroo to Brisbane
View Posts: 1,085
Re: Ocarina Of Time Suck????!!!!

that makes me sick to see people saying that OOT sucks.they should be banned for that
well maybe not
OOT is the best game i have ever played on nintendo 64
__________________
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG ~ Words of Wisdom

TO WAAAAAAAAR
  #70 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-21-2005, 10:53 AM
Hellsquire United Kingdom Hellsquire is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: Aug 2005
View Posts: 6
Re: Ocarina Of Time Suck????!!!!

Yes, it's a matter of opinion. But it still makes you want to slap someone around the face with a wet fish for stupidity when they say OoT sucks.

The fact remains that it does not suck.
  #71 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-21-2005, 11:06 AM
Princess_Zelda1710 United_States Princess_Zelda1710 is offline
Goron
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hyrule Castle
View Posts: 212
Re: Ocarina Of Time Suck????!!!!

How can any one say OoT sucks?!?!?!? I love OoT!!!!!!!!
__________________

adopted by Fainna Thanks a bunch to Link of Hyrule for my sig!!! I am the Princess of Destiany! I have WAY too many friends to count...You know who you are!!! Proud Member of the Farore Clan ! my absloulty wonderfull avy done by I Love Link (one of my closeset friends here on the forms) I love friends, PM if you want to be friends !!! COLOR] They can't delay TP they just can't, my life is ending !!!
The Phantom of the Opera is there inside my mind...
  #72 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-21-2005, 11:56 AM
Saphine Saphine is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: Aug 2005
View Posts: 29
Re: Ocarina Of Time Suck????!!!!

(By the time I finish writing this, the pages will have overflown, as I'm sure, lol)

First off, I'd like to start by saying everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They can like and dislike whatever they want as it is their own will to do so. You can fuss about it all you want, but more than likely it will not change anything, similar to how you will not change your beliefs just because someone "say's so."

So certain people disagree, but that is no reason to go into a passionate fit. There are times to stand your ground and times when you just have to walk passed it. If you don't like something, then don't certainly go looking for trouble dealing with it. If you know something doesn't appeal to you, then have the decency to over look it, no one wants to start a fight. Needless to say, many others don't want to get caught in the line of fire.

It is definitely not a "sin" not to like OoT. You shouldn't generalize things like that, it can start many arguments between beliefs. Leave stupidity to the world leaders, please (of course, that was meant as a mere joke). So someone doesn't like OoT, that gives you no right to slap them across the face and tell them "that's a no-no!" Why can't they? Think of it this way, what if someone said it was a sin to dislike Wind Waker... and you just happened to, oh let's say-- dislike it. Wouldn't you feel offended that other people are pushing your voice aside and galavanting around like they are right and you are wrong?

You also have to realize it's in human nature for people to disagree on a few things. Just accept the fact that no one will ever have the a perfect, one-hundred percent, support behind them. Just look at the world today! Many people want world peace, but there are stupid people still out there causing chaos because they simply don't agree. Do you *want* to be like that? To blindly hate others for an opinion differing from that of yours? I feel it childish and it is ill-advised to make a mockery out of other's views.

You also must have realized by now that a lot of people are offended when you say "people like us are going to get them OoT haters!!" Well geez, calm down. Your drastic words are very animalistic and are attacking others... it's almost frightening. Don't cause yourself that humiliation and just calmly state your opinion and deal with it like a mature adult.

I, myself, am a big fan of Ocarina of Time. However, I don't like it when people start going phsycotic about it. Wind Waker wasn't a bad game, in my opinion. It had attributes OoT didn't have, and it seemed very lively to the point where Ocarina could not be. So the cel-shading didn't appeal to some, it was a way for Nintendo to try something new. Although I immensly disliked Link's design, the art all together was a great masterpiece. It's use of few vibrant colors to create 3D was new, and to say the least, brilliant. Times change and games change. That's a fact of life, my friend.

Ocarina had it's glory way back when it first met it's big change too. Can you imagine the faces of the people that first played Ocarina after many years of 2D animation on snes? It was a jaw dropper, what with it's all new graphics and controls. Simply amazing.

And how can you say TP might not be as good? No one has any proof of how TP might or might not match up to Ocarina because no one has ever played the game yet. No one even owns it. No one knows much about anything in that game... you shouldn't make a statement off of the little facts given. If TP just so happens to be better than you imagined, you'll regret ever saying it wouldn't be. Humiliation is the worst, after all.

I understand that OoT is close to your heart because it was your first game, just as ALttP is close to my heart, being my first game... but I don't go around telling people ALttP was the best of all the games and that if anyone disagreed, I'd show them otherwise. That's violating a human's natural rights.

Like I said before, not everyone is going to agree with you. Can you see all the Malon x Link fans and Zelda x Link fans flaming each other here and there because of it? I think that's just foolish. If in the case you don't agree with something, or have an opinion you want to share, do so in the right manner and control your actions. Unless, that is, you *want* to start a fight. In that case, go right ahead, because I won't be here by then.

I don't intend to offend anyone by this, but I hope I cleared up a few things.
Last Edited by Saphine; 08-21-2005 at 12:04 PM. Reason:
  #73 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-21-2005, 04:40 PM
Superking Superking is offline
World of Warcraft is a feeling
Join Date: Jun 2005
View Posts: 527
Re: Ocarina Of Time Suck????!!!!

Rather hard to get in the middle of these "discussions" but I have to reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsquire
Yes, it's a matter of opinion
The fact remains that it does not suck.
Yes, it is an opinion. Therefore it is not a fact.

"Fanboys" often gives game a bad reputation. Especially unintelligent ones. Ocarina, being my first Zelda game is obviously my favorite. Adventures of Link comes in a close second because of nostalgia.

If you are a Zelda fan, I find it hard to believe that you strongly dislike OoT. Even WW fans still have "respect" for it. I've yet to find someone who truly hates OoT.

Over the past years it's been getting seriously over rated. It's all opinionated but it's not the greatest game of all time. People have been ignorant towards Windwaker. That's really a whole separate story which I dare not to get in to.

Just play them both and I sincerely doubt you'll be disappointed.
  #74 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-21-2005, 05:43 PM
Frost Guardian Frost Guardian is offline
Sage of Wisdom
Send a message via AIM to Frost Guardian
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: IL
View Posts: 3,082
Re: Ocarina Of Time Suck????!!!!

no u suck my opinion is da only one dat matter.

Seriously though, everybody is entitled to their opinion so long as there is an ounce of justification. Little things are fact, but say Timmy over there has his pants down. That is fact, providing Timmy does not hitch them up again.
  #75 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-22-2005, 01:30 PM
Hellsquire United Kingdom Hellsquire is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: Aug 2005
View Posts: 6
Re: Ocarina Of Time Suck????!!!!

I know what you guys are trying to point out.
I'm just saying, I love all Zelda games. Every single one.
But even if I liked a game better than OoT, it's still pretty dumb to say that it sucks.
It's impossible for any Zelda or Mario game to actually suck.
Some people may dislike a game, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad game. I mean, everyone is entitled to their likes and dislikes, but that doesn't change other people's likes and dislikes.

Link to the Past was awesome.
Ocarina of Time was awesome.
Majora's Mask was awesome.
Wind Waker was awesome.
Twilight Princess will be awesome.
Every other Zelda game was awesome!

Why should we argue about it anyway, all Zelda games rule...
__________________
  #76 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-22-2005, 01:40 PM
Ned Flanders Ned Flanders is offline
Hylian
Send a message via AIM to Ned Flanders
Join Date: Aug 2005
View Posts: 633
Re: Ocarina Of Time Suck????!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhItE_LinK
Does OoT suck??? No!!! of course not, it is a sin to say it sucks
Forgive me father, for I have sinned.
  #77 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-22-2005, 03:28 PM
Itsuya Dayrose United States Itsuya Dayrose is offline
Really wants to come back when I can
Send a message via Skype™ to Itsuya Dayrose
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Where I belong.
View Posts: 4,924
Re: Ocarina Of Time Suck????!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorasMask666
Forgive me father, for I have sinned.
You really didnt like OoT, it was awesome, but it still wasn't the best.
__________________

Veritas Dayrose <3~
Itsu's Characters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciroton
Oy! Not a-****ing-gain! God-damned Polar bear ate my mailbox! >___<
  #78 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-22-2005, 10:00 PM
Saphine Saphine is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: Aug 2005
View Posts: 29
Re: Ocarina Of Time Suck????!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsquire
I know what you guys are trying to point out.
I'm just saying, I love all Zelda games. Every single one.
But even if I liked a game better than OoT, it's still pretty dumb to say that it sucks.
It's impossible for any Zelda or Mario game to actually suck.
Some people may dislike a game, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad game. I mean, everyone is entitled to their likes and dislikes, but that doesn't change other people's likes and dislikes.

Link to the Past was awesome.
Ocarina of Time was awesome.
Majora's Mask was awesome.
Wind Waker was awesome.
Twilight Princess will be awesome.
Every other Zelda game was awesome!

Why should we argue about it anyway, all Zelda games rule...
It's also an opinion of your own if you think it's not very bright of others to say a game sucks. Like you said (and I agree) everyone is entitled to their likes and dislikes, and it doesn't change just because others disagree. To you it may seem irrational for people to dislike OoT, being strong hearted and all, but to others, maybe it's just reasonable.

Look at it this way, your intentions aren't bad, I see that...
you're simply wondering why people would say such nonchalant things like "Ocarina of Time sucks." And you're right, it's silly for someone to plain out hate something... but maybe they have a reason unknown to you. If they dislike it, hey, that's not your loss-- and it's their opinion. You can try to tell them otherwise, but the fact that you like the game is also an opinion. Either side has a different view... so it's better to just stick to what you like, but at the same time, understand where the others are coming from. You might not be able to relate, but you can give them your understanding.

I also agree that every Zelda game was awesome... and those to come would probably be the same. But again, if someone doesn't like it, it's not your loss. At least you were able to enjoy the games you were playing whilst the other regretted it. In the end, I suppose it's their loss because they wasted time playing something they didn't like. The way I see it, it's better to just accept what is. You can try to change the others opinions, but how often does that happen? If someone were to give you a list of reasons why OoT sucks to try and convince you to dislike it, would you suddenly hate it? Most likely not. Same goes for the other way.

And once more, I hope this didn't come off as a personal attack, because that's not what I was going for. I agree, too... just because a game sucks to one person doesn't mean it doesn't have good aspects, making the game good (to you, and many others).
  #79 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-24-2005, 08:35 AM
johnr United_States johnr is offline
Gerudo Thief
Join Date: Aug 2005
View Posts: 86
Re: Ocarina Of Time Suck????!!!!

Well if people say Oot is stupid, then they need to take there madicine. I think that Oot was one of the best zelda games. I dont think that the TP should be the same, just mabye some things alike.
  #80 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-24-2005, 10:09 AM
Ozzy Ozzy is a male Canada Ozzy is offline
La La Bah Cha!
Steam ID: sabian720
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The magical land of Canada.
View Posts: 2,555
Re: Ocarina Of Time Suck????!!!!

To me this game suks. It was too easy. I can beat this game within 1 day(w/o the strategy guide). There was no challenging dungeons exept the water temple(and its only challenging your first time through):disappoin and Ganon was too easy to beat(TWW Ganon put up more of a fight.)

Although the graphics were alright.
__________________


Thanks to Lulu for this awesome sig And Awkin for the banner.

My Band Site
I'm Cam...BAH CHA!
Closed Thread

Tags
ocarina, suck, time


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 PM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -